• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Message Center Feedback

Looony

Anybody else having an issue with activating admin rights in Guild Tab messages? All the buttons are grayed out for me (yes, I am a "Founder" of the guild)

Nevermind.... figured it out

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

Anybody else having an issue with activating admin rights in Guild Tab messages? All the buttons are grayed out for me (yes, I am a "Founder" of the guild)
No such thing as admin of guild section thread. There is no problem.

To enable 'delete thread' rights, assign MODERATOR privilege to the member in the guild member section.

All members can create threads in the guild section, for now.

kmc11

I like the change as in handling and functionality, though I wish the background was using a bit more wood theme, or something with a bit more contrast.

The msg center now is a big yellowed blob.

Dominator - X

I apologize if this has been covered, but how do you change Admins? When creating Threads in the Guild Tab, I want to add leaders as Admins, but the button is not active. Can't find any info in any of the threads or in the Guild Tabs. Please help.

Tony 85 the Generous

I apologize if this has been covered, but how do you change Admins? When creating Threads in the Guild Tab, I want to add leaders as Admins, but the button is not active. Can't find any info in any of the threads or in the Guild Tabs. Please help.
No such thing as admin of a thread in the guild section.

To enable 'delete thread' rights, assign MODERATOR privilege to the member in the guild member section.

RaveWolf

There is nothing to Administer in the Guild thread... Members get added or removed automatically by the system. Notifiers can Edit the Title, but only Leaders can delete them... Other than that, what else is there to Administer?

Dominator - X

No such thing as admin of guild section thread. There is no problem.

I have "Moderator" rights. I also created threads in the Guild Tab. Yet, I can not add others as Admins, nor can I even "kick" others from the thread I created. What am I doing wrong?

Tony 85 the Generous

I have "Moderator" rights. I also created threads in the Guild Tab. Yet, I can not add others as Admins, nor can I even "kick" others from the thread I created. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. That is how it is supposed to work.

When you create the guild thread, there is a note on the right side that says the thread is visible to all guild members. They can leave if they want, but you cannot kick them out.

Tony 85 the Generous

There is nothing to Administer in the Guild thread... Members get added or removed automatically by the system. Notifiers can Edit the Title, but only Leaders can delete them... Other than that, what else is there to Administer?
The only setting I found that has any effect on the members ability, is MODERATOR. The MODERATOR privilege gives the ability to delete the thread. There is no control of who can create the thread.

RaveWolf

You are not doing anything wrong... Guild means Guild (All Members) So you can not remove anyone from it. The System will automatically Add or Remove Players as and when they Join or Leave the Guild.

Dominator - X

That seems a little insane. So, if a person does not want to be on a thread, yet a part of a guild, they can't leave the thread? Or a leader ca not kick a person from a certain thread, if they are still part of the guild? That takes control out of the hands of leaders and gives it to "The "System".

RaveWolf

The only setting I found that has any effect on the members ability, is MODERATOR. The MODERATOR privilege gives the ability to delete the thread. There is no control of who can create the thread.
That is correct... Any Member can Create, but that is all they can do... They have no control over it thereafter.

Tony 85 the Generous

That seems a little insane. So, if a person does not want to be on a thread, yet a part of a guild, they can't leave the thread? Or a leader ca not kick a person from a certain thread, if they are still part of the guild? That takes control out of the hands of leaders and gives it to "The "System".
A member can hide a guild thread, they cannot leave it, but I would think that is good enough (less members asking to be reinstated because they left by accident).

Kicking someone out of a thread I can see as a possible issue.

RaveWolf

Why would you want to remove a Guild Member from a Guild thread? They are a member of the Guild afterall. If there is a reason to leave the thread, then it is not a Guild thread. If it is an FP donation thread like a 5FP or 10FP, that is too little for higher members to support, then they can simply hide it.

Angel.

Still no way to convert a standard message into a guild one since beta? This is important. For one, we all have a lot of threads now that we'd immediately like to become guild threads without having to recreate them all, including swap threads, which are a pain in the but to recreate. And second, there will likely be cases where a regular conversation or type of thread needs to be elevated from a few individuals to guild-wide. It would be very useful if we could convert them so as not to lose all the content within them that we'd like to carry over.
i found a way to make it helpful still not happy with it add swap,sticks.gbg,an guild rule to guild page it will at least save you some time as it updates automatic

Nicholas002

I like the change as in handling and functionality, though I wish the background was using a bit more wood theme, or something with a bit more contrast.

The msg center now is a big yellowed blob.
I think they are eventually going to switch all the windows to paper theme (like this new message center), rather than wood.

ots3

New message and push notifications seem to be a mess. Messages posted in any threads under the guild tab example (trades thread) send out a push notification for a new guild conversation. It is really annoying.

Vger

If some guild members leave a thread (instead of just hiding), and you kick other guild members out, is it really a guild thread anymore. Sounds more to me like a 'subset of the guild' thread. That would make it a social thing, not a guild thing, wouldn't it?

Tony 85 the Generous

If some guild members leave a thread (instead of just hiding), and you kick other guild members out, is it really a guild thread anymore. Sounds more to me like a 'subset of the guild' thread. That would make it a social thing, not a guild thing, wouldn't it?
You can't leave a guild thread, just hide. You can only leave a social thread. So two very separate items.