• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Taipanium

Agreed. We see a lot of the same Titan guilds pairing up and then eating the entire map, making it impossible for the other 6 guilds to get past their doorsteps. When they do manage to break through, the two Titans camp on sectors for hours so they can manipulate the timers to force the smaller guild back into their HQ sector. Telling people to drop down to Platinum isn't an answer when you have 6 guilds all trying to take the last three places so they CAN drop down to Platinum.

Hear hear ! Added nuance: guilds competing to get fewer victory points so as to slip into Diamond-2, rather than all the way down to Platinum.

Tony 85 the Generous

In Platinum and below, the system is okay for me, as strong result = more LP accumulated.
Maybe "Below Platinum". But why have two systems. that's double the work, double the rules, and double the exaplantions.

I agree a player's willingness to participate or the guild's ability to participate, could be based on some factor of the number of hits and number of members. It is certainly more measureable than 'guild leadership skill'.

Tony 85 the Generous

You have an even playing field you simply can't keep up.
Obviously there is more than just I that find the matchups not even (I didn't start this thread and many others have added their vote along the way). Please post your definition of 'even playing field'.
Some seasons the guild i'm in dominate, some we're crushed, and some we do ok in diamond.
Assuming you are in the same league for these seasons (otherwise the comparison is irrelevent), why do you dominate in some seasons and get crushed in others?

wolfhoundtoo

Obviously there is more than just I that find the matchups not even (I didn't start this thread and many others have added their vote along the way). Please post your definition of 'even playing field'.

Assuming you are in the same league for these seasons (otherwise the comparison is irrelevent), why do you dominate in some seasons and get crushed in others?

Because there are guilds better than us in diamond (by quite a bit). We've grown and recruited and encouraged our people to be on when they can be by posting expected battles as early as possible but without trying to make it mandatory thus increasing our ability to win some races. We don't win many against the strongest guilds but we do win some.

You define fair first if you want to play word games.

CaptainKirk1234

So did you allow someone else access to your account to post this, or are you posting this comment about the thread for another, nameless player who will "never open it up"? :rolleyes:
I am posting it because I think that this thread is completely worthless, and by answering my comment with something that completely derails the point of the conversation you are thereforth making this thread irrelevant and proving my point that this thread is "worthless."

85gt

I am posting it because I think that this thread is completely worthless, and by answering my comment with something that completely derails the point of the conversation you are thereforth making this thread irrelevant and proving my point that this thread is "worthless."
Its a thread where the weak guilds can come and pitch there ideas why their guilds need Inno`s help so they can run with the big dogs by creating a special needs secondary diamond league

Tony 85 the Generous

Its a thread where the weak guilds can come and pitch there ideas why their guilds need Inno`s help so they can run with the big dogs by creating a special needs secondary diamond league
Not here. I'm just looking for an even playing field. I do not want, and have never asked for, a free boost to compete with the big boys. I don't want to be a David in a room full of Goliaths, when there are ways to make rooms full of only Davids and rooms full of only Goliaths.
Which is
Because of the crappy matchmaking...
created by Inno in the first place.

Johnny B. Goode

Oh, I know why you posted it. I was just wondering how you posted it in a thread that you "never" open. :rolleyes:
(Ironic that you then accuse my post of being the one threatening to "derail" the point of the conversation. A post that merely criticizes the existence of a thread without addressing the topic itself is by definition the one that "derails" the point.)

Tannerite2

This thread was started by someone in a top guild complaining that none of the weak guilds could keep up, not the other way around.

I too am in a top guild and am unhappy with the matchmaking. GBG was supposed to be a fun battleground. GBG is not a fun battleground currently; it's a farm. You make a deal with the other top guild in your league and you checkerboard and grind out fights - if you're lucky enough to have another top guild that round. Rarely, you may get matched up with a GVG enemy and then you've got a fun round. And fairly often you're matched up with a bunch of weak guilds that can't keep up so you get no fun and no rewards.

Somehow Inno managed to make a battleground that both the strong and weak guilds hate, lol.

Taipanium

Maybe "Below Platinum". But why have two systems. that's double the work, double the rules, and double the exaplantions.

I don't think so. Not much explanation would be needed from Inno side other than patch notes that victory points now factor into next season matchmaking, only at the top end of Diamond. Coding wise its an easy If>Then formula. If you have (just picking a number here) 500 guilds per server in GBG, and 32 are at 1000 LP level, spread over 4 instances, only 16 guilds would be affected (the top 4 in each of those instances), and affected only in the sense that for *them* the matchmaking algrorhtym would be tweaked to ensure better chances of them being paired with guilds of comparable strength.

wolfhoundtoo

This thread was started by someone in a top guild complaining that none of the weak guilds could keep up, not the other way around.

I too am in a top guild and am unhappy with the matchmaking. GBG was supposed to be a fun battleground. GBG is not a fun battleground currently; it's a farm. You make a deal with the other top guild in your league and you checkerboard and grind out fights - if you're lucky enough to have another top guild that round. Rarely, you may get matched up with a GVG enemy and then you've got a fun round. And fairly often you're matched up with a bunch of weak guilds that can't keep up so you get no fun and no rewards.

Somehow Inno managed to make a battleground that both the strong and weak guilds hate, lol.

Plenty of people like it just the way it is.

DeletedUser

So would this miraculous solution also include a much larger map for the seasons with only top end guilds on the map ?

I didn't think so.

8 X 60+ player top end guilds take a lot more room then 8 X guilds full of weekend players working their two goat farms.

So your map after months/years of building your cities and guild up would be the equivalent of a Superbowl in a fish tank.

Then what happens with the lower "balanced maps" where the players basically take the map at a leisurely 3-4 day pace and then sit there adding the points up until they collect their rewards at the end of the season ? Do the bottom guilds of these maps get excluded from GbG all together after this ? Do the top Platinum players not move into Diamond until they send in a message that they are now ready ?

Inno would never trash their main source of gaming income like that so either grow stronger or get used to mediocre GbG seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taipanium

So would this miraculous solution also include a much larger map for the seasons with only top end guilds on the map ?

I didn't think so.

8 X 60+ player top end guilds take a lot more room then 8 X guilds full of weekend players working their two goat farms.

So your map after months/years of building your cities and guild up would be the equivalent of a Superbowl in a fish tank.

Then what happens with the lower "balanced maps" where the players basically take the map at a leisurely 3-4 day pace and then sit there adding the points up until they collect their rewards at the end of the season ? Do the bottom guilds of these maps get excluded from GbG all together after this ? Do the top Platinum players not move into Diamond until they send in a message that they are now ready ?

Inno would never trash their main source of gaming income like that so either grow stronger or get used to mediocre GbG seasons.
You sound like a sectorfarmer who feels threatened that his goodies will be reduced, and can find no more constructive way of voicing it than sarcasm.

The 'miraculous solution' being discussed, would:
  • Make the 8 X 60+ player top end guilds (as you call them) actually work for their victories, and compete with eachother, or be dropped to the lower end of Diamond.
  • Make dozens of 50-60 players guilds , who are currently rotting in Diamond league, have fun again.
  • Let Platinum and lower untouched. If that means that's where the guilds end up who do 200 hits/day, how does that bother you or anyone else in the top guilds?

DeletedUser

You sound like a sectorfarmer who feels threatened that his goodies will be reduced, and can find no more constructive way of voicing it than sarcasm.

The 'miraculous solution' being discussed, would:
  • Make the 8 X 60+ player top end guilds (as you call them) actually work for their victories, and compete with eachother, or be dropped to the lower end of Diamond.
  • Make dozens of 50-60 players guilds , who are currently rotting in Diamond league, have fun again.
  • Let Platinum and lower untouched. If that means that's where the guilds end up who do 200 hits/day, how does that bother you or anyone else in the top guilds?

There isn't room for 8 X 60+ player guilds on one map that are active. That's 1-4 sectors per guild then they wait the 4 hours for the timers to finish. Why should my game be ruined ?

" Let Platinum and lower untouched. If that means that's where the guilds end up who do 200 hits/day, how does that bother you or anyone else in the top guilds? "

So Platinum is the top level for these players or do they still rise and get to complain all over again ?