• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Taipanium

There isn't room for 8 X 60+ player guilds on one map that are active. That's 1-4 sectors per guild then they wait the 4 hours for the timers to finish. Why should my game be ruined ?

Exactly. There are 52 sectors and 8 guilds. After 4-5 sectors you run into resistance and have to actually FIGHT. King of the Hill style.
Its called Guild BATTLEgrounds, not Bully FarmFest. Why should the game of 75% of diamond league guilds be ruined? Just because you don't like the improvements proposals as they would detract from farming?

DeletedUser

Exactly. There are 52 sectors and 8 guilds. After 4-5 sectors you run into resistance and have to actually FIGHT. King of the Hill style.
Its called Guild BATTLEgrounds, not Bully FarmFest. Why should the game of 75% of diamond league guilds be ruined? Just because you don't like the improvements proposals as they would detract from farming?

A sector for a high end guide can take 20 seconds to take. So the guild fights to 20 - 60 secs and then waits 4 hours for the timers to run out. Sounds ruined to me.

Johnny B. Goode

A sector for a high end guide can take 20 seconds to take. So the guild fights to 20 - 60 secs and then waits 4 hours for the timers to run out. Sounds ruined to me.
No more so than getting to the daily quests in an event and then having to wait 24 hours for the next one. Or having a crap prize come up as the Daily Special in an event (that never happens :rolleyes: ) and then waiting 24 hours for the next prize...and then it's crap, too. And some of the daily quests take less then 20 seconds to fulfill. So no sympathy here that the farmers would have to wait.

GaKOAK

I've said it before, along with many others.

Get better instead of constantly whining ... build up your city, join a better guild, get your att/def up, level your fighting buildings and Traz. There are so many ways to improve your experience in GBG and elsewhere in the game that it would take days to list them all.

Instead of improving yourself there are way too many of you who want INNO to change the game to suit your playing style, while there are countless others who are perfectly happy with the way things are now.

Also, who is to say that GBG isn't working exactly how INNO designed it to work? If the devs thought it was horribly designed and not working right they would do something, just like they did with the new PVP tower idea that was in Beta for a few days.

Learn how to take advantage of what is here now and available for everyone instead of wasting your time and energy worrying about what you think should happen someday.

icarusethan

Get better instead of constantly whining ... build up your city, join a better guild, get your att/def up, level your fighting buildings and Traz. There are so many ways to improve your experience in GBG and elsewhere in the game that it would take days to list them all.
you asking a lot for these forum people.
Instead of improving yourself there are way too many of you who want INNO to change the game to suit your playing style, while there are countless others who are perfectly happy with the way things are now.
This is where the forum people shine.

Johnny B. Goode

I've said it before, along with many others.

Pointing out the obvious flaws with GBG is not the same as whining. Inno will fix it or they won't. Makes no real difference with me. It's very easy to basically ignore flawed parts of the game like GBG and GvG and still enjoy it. Doesn't mean I have to shut up about the flaws, though.
No, I want Inno to change the game to make it more fun for the majority of players, not just the minority in big, powerful guilds that band together to shut out others. Even if they implemented the changes I suggested earlier in this thread, I still wouldn't benefit because I'm not about to sign up for the restrictions of being in a competitive GBG or GvG guild anytime soon. I can still advocate for sensible changes to flawed game parts, though.
Also, who is to say that GBG isn't working exactly how INNO designed it to work? If the devs thought it was horribly designed and not working right they would do something, just like they did with the new PVP tower idea that was in Beta for a few days.
Moot point. No one but the devs know what they intended, or whether they are happy with how it is playing out.
Learn how to take advantage of what is here now and available for everyone instead of wasting your time and energy worrying about what you think should happen someday.
I do. That's why I don't bother much with GBG or GvG. I take advantage of the game parts that I like as they are now. And if no one ever "wasted" time and energy thinking about how to improve things, we'd still be hunting woolly mamoths with crude spears and in turn being hunted by saber tooth tigers. Incidentally, you do realize that this thread is in the Forum section specifically intended for game discussion and feedback, right? Meaning, Inno intended for us to be able to discuss parts of the game here. If you don't like what's being said, just stay away from this thread. Like you said, "Learn how to take advantage of what is here now and available for everyone instead of wasting your time and energy worrying about what you think should happen someday." :rolleyes:

Tony 85 the Generous

Please starting listing your other options as these options have already been debated and noted to supply minimal to no solution to being able to becoming competitive with the top guilds.

DeletedUser

No more so than getting to the daily quests in an event and then having to wait 24 hours for the next one. Or having a crap prize come up as the Daily Special in an event (that never happens :rolleyes: ) and then waiting 24 hours for the next prize...and then it's crap, too. And some of the daily quests take less then 20 seconds to fulfill. So no sympathy here that the farmers would have to wait.

Top guilds spend more money on the game as a whole so whether you feel sympathy or not has no bearing on the outcome of this whinefest.

Johnny B. Goode

Top guilds spend more money on the game as a whole
You actually have no idea if this is true. Unless, of course, you work in Inno's accounting department. And in a F2P game, as this is advertised, keeping the majority of players reasonably happy/content is the key to success, not just catering to the whales. Cater to the whales too much and your game goes away. Imagine if they had stuck with GvG and never bothered to develop/implement GE, Cultural Settlements or GBG. Who would care about this game then? Surely not the 70% of players who are on mobile and thus cut out of GvG. Nor the 80% or so of PC/browser players who eventually completely abandoned GvG for the same reasons that players are now complaining about GBG. In another couple of years will only 5% of active players bother with GBG, like it was/is with GvG? Probably so if things don't change. Or they'll do what I do and studiously avoid the higher leagues to keep away from the big guild alliances. At least that's one good thing about GBG, if you stay at Gold or below you don't have to deal with all the crap that's being brought up here. There's a problem with a feature when the lower leagues are more enjoyable for the majority of players.

(And can we have no more of this "just get better" crap? We all know that's not a solution to what's going on. It would take years for most players/guilds to be regularly competitive in Platinum or Diamond the way things are now, unless the current top guilds start imploding.)

icarusethan

(And can we have no more of this "just get better" crap? We all know that's not a solution to what's going on. It would take years for most players/guilds to be regularly competitive in Platinum or Diamond the way things are now, unless the current top guilds start imploding.)
Really? so instead of trying to put the effort in to getting better, all a player should do is make a post in this forum and demand inno to level the playground? i guess we should raise tax on the rich then. Wait, it's been done so many damn times, and rich are still rich and broke people still stay broke. Because Suckers gonna suck. Nothing can change that.

Johnny B. Goode

Really? so instead of trying to put the effort in to getting better, all a player should do is make a post in this forum and demand inno to level the playground?
Individual players "getting better" isn't a solution to a systemic problem.
i guess we should raise tax on the rich then. Wait, it's been done so many damn times, and rich are still rich and broke people still stay broke.
Check your facts. Taxes on the rich and corporations have been continuously cut since the 1980s, and it is the direct reason for the widening wealth gap in our country, and is also a big part of why large corporations can so easily squeeze out small businesses. (And every time there's a tax cut for the middle/lower class, it's temporary, while the tax cuts for the rich are permanent. Meaning middle/lower class tax cuts expire, while tax cuts for the rich continue indefinitely unless later legislation changes it.)

Tony 85 the Generous

Really? so instead of trying to put the effort in to getting better, all a player should do is make a post in this forum and demand inno to level the playground? i guess we should raise tax on the rich then. Wait, it's been done so many damn times, and rich are still rich and broke people still stay broke. Because Suckers gonna suck. Nothing can change that.
It is not the playground should be leveled. The playground is not currently level, it is stepped (aka leagues). The problem is the selection criteria have put leagues on the wrong "steps". We need to demand Inno fix the criteria that pits guilds of substanially different strengths against each other (ie., please stop pitting the local pee-wee football team against the KC Chiefs).

If Guild B gets 10% better how much better will they be able to compete against Guild A that also got 10% better? It is often overlooked that the guild you are trying to compete aginst is also getting better. If both get better by an absolute amount, the relative amount stays the same which means the ability to compete against each other has not changed.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

It is not the playground should be leveled. The playground is not currently level, it is stepped (aka leagues). The problem is the selection criteria have put leagues on the wrong "steps". We need to demand Inno fix the criteria that pits guilds of substantially different strengths against each other (ie., please stop pitting the local pee-wee football team against the KC Chiefs).

If Guild A gets 10% better how much better will they be able to compete against Guild A that also got 10% better? It is often overlooked that the guild you are trying to compete against is also getting better. If both get better by an absolute amount, the relative amount stays the same which means the ability to compete against each other has not changed.
Too many flawed assumptions in this post to even begin to address. The first and most hilarious is that, "we need to demand Inno..." Demand Inno. Lol.

Tony 85 the Generous

Too many flawed assumptions in this post to even begin to address. The first and most hilarious is that, "we need to demand Inno..." Demand Inno. Lol.
The only "flawed assumption" is that anything can be "demanded" of Inno. All other statements have previously been vetted.
Really? so instead of trying to put the effort in to getting better, all a player should do is make a post in this forum and demand inno to level the playground?
It is not the playground should be leveled. The playground is not currently level, it is stepped (aka leagues). The problem is the selection criteria have put leagues on the wrong "steps". We need to demand Inno fix the criteria that pits guilds of substanially different strengths against each other (ie., please stop pitting the local pee-wee football team against the KC Chiefs).
Since you only quoted the second half you missed the point of using the word demand. With a complete post you can see where the "demand" came from.

RazorbackPirate

Since you only quoted the second half you missed the point of using the word demand. With a complete post you can see where the "demand" came from.
Regardless of the context of your use of the word demand in the phrase, we need to demand Inno, to think we can demand anything of them is silly. Inno will or wont change the GBG matching based on a whole set of criteria you haven't addressed, and if you did, could only conjecture about.
All other statements have previously been vetted.
Only in your mind.

Regardless, You've had your say, you've no new arguments, you've converted no one to your side, and Inno isn't reading this thread. Now what? I think you should put down the stick and step away from the horse, but suspect you're not quite done crying it out yet.

anders16

I'll admit, it's interesting to hear complaints about imbalance from a player who's seemingly on the favorable side of the situation (the sectors are white, which means they belong to the one taking the screenshot).
I know funny, right?