• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeffie

BigSpence3 said:

So Johnny what you are saying is this change doesnt effect your play style one bit. Therefore, your opinion has zero weight.
Nice try, but you are not the arbiter of my opinion's value.

Usually other people ARE the arbiters of your opinion's value (I mean, obviously you yourself wouldn't be the arbiter)
And their arbitration would be based on your self-expressed way of playing the game without using the RQ, so the value of your opinion on a side of the game you don't take part in, would be errrmmmm maybe not as high as you value it yourself?

tr0p

Not countless. Even if every one of the 121 posts so far was from a different player complaining about the abort limit, that would still be an average of around 4-5 per world. But it's not. An average of less than one player per world has shown up. Saying that many is "countless" is what's really a joke.

And there's all of what 2 or 3 people here who embrace the change? So using your logic, .0000001% of the game population is pro the abort limit? Doesn't seem very encouraging.

Good thing Inno nerfed my CF from making a hundred or so forge points, 100 medals and a few thousand goods when I can just go get 1200 FP today from GBG.

Last edited:

Algona

.0000001%

From countless to miniscule?

Hyperbole isn't useful all it leads to is off topic bickering.

You and JBG and anyone else are wrong for pointing at this thread for any indication of what the general player base feels.

(Hmmm. OK, now I get it. Why there is no Announcement or Official Feedback thread.)

All this thread indicates is some folk have a problem with this change some folk don't. Any other conclusions about what the general player base thinks are meaningless arm wavings.

This change has been in place, what? 36 hours give or take?

----------

And yeah, now I do get it.

Of course INNO won't make the Announcement. Or if they do it will be well after they have found the solution they will stick with.

If they Announce, every person who is of a bent to complain will, even though they may never get to a point where they would reach this limit or have no desire to do so.

Instead, there will be word of mouth in game, some grousing in Guild threads and between players, but as JBG notes, the majority of players will never see it and therefore never complain about it.

I understand this, but I really don;t like it.

Not announcing untested poorly thought out changes to the game to avoid people getting upset borders on craven.

Or.... Hmmm. Tiem to apply my own advice to myself?

Could it be that the number of people who would get upset if they know about this might tip the balance to making this sort of changing not worth it?

I think I'll go chase my tail about this thought for a while.

Robbenn

I said that it is outside the norm to RQ loop that much.
If they keep adding limitations to keep players "inside the norm", where does it end?
"Please note that you can only spend a maximum of 10k FPs per day"
"Please note that you can only do a maximum of 500 fights per day"
"Please note that you can only do a maximum of 100 negotiations per day"
You're gonna end up with a very linear game where every active player does the exact same thing and no reason to develop different, more efficient strategies because everything that could put you above the competition is hard-capped anyway. A strategy game with no strategy.

Johnny B. Goode

And there's all of what 2 or 3 people here who embrace the change? So using your logic, .0000001% of the game population is pro the abort limit? Doesn't seem very encouraging.

Good thing Inno nerfed my CF from making a hundred or so forge points, 100 medals and a few thousand goods when I can just go get 1200 FP today from GBG.
Which means that well over 99% haven't noticed or don't care. Right?

Johnny B. Goode

If they keep adding limitations to keep players "inside the norm", where does it end?
"Please note that you can only spend a maximum of 10k FPs per day"
"Please note that you can only do a maximum of 500 fights per day"
"Please note that you can only do a maximum of 100 negotiations per day"
You're gonna end up with a very linear game where every active player does the exact same thing and no reason to develop different, more efficient strategies because everything that could put you above the competition is hard-capped anyway. A strategy game with no strategy.
Maybe it ends with players actually playing the game instead of using cheat code-like exploits to circumvent 99% of the game.

RazorbackPirate

It's interesting you think people are incapable of spending 38 minutes a day cycling quests when people spend hours a day doing GBG or GVG.

Also, this doesn't have to be 38 minutes all at once. The same outcome will be realized if he were to do 3 separate 15 minute cycles.
He has been against Heavy Questing since CR started writing his guide. That he is now dancing on the graves of those affected says much more about him than those with the complaints.
Maybe it ends with players actually playing the game instead of using cheat code-like exploits to circumvent 99% of the game.
Need I say more?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach Zuck

I'm just going to go go out and say this... I've yet to hit my RQ limit in the past two days and I haven't changed how I play.. and I do a LOT of FP RQs every day. So if this only affects infinite CF's or people who were gaining billions of rank per from looping those stupid fight quests (HOW BORING!) then good riddance..
it makes me think, this probably only applies to people who hit some throttle due to abusive behavior or behavior Inno now wants to call abusive. Though if I do wind up hitting the limit then given that I didn't hit it on weekdays and I'm sure I'm more active than most people, it seems like it was placed at a good spot.

Still I'm crossing my fingers I don't reach it.. the weekend will be telling when our lock threads heat up. I give out 1.4% higher than my arc gives me back to my guild, because that's the average FP reward from doing FP RQs. I'll end up having to reduce those lock rates and just give out my spare FP somehow else. It's still better than the alternative, as much as rank means little other than how much you've spent and how little life you've got. And I'm sure one to talk on that!

Kranyar the Mysterious

I got a response from support saying that they would like to emphasize that being able to abort more than the current limit on a daily basis was not originally intended by game design.

I find this to be completely disingenuous when the Progressive era was introduced in July 2013, almost 8 years ago, and the Heavy Questing strategy has been around almost as long, and is even explained in the official InnoGames wiki. And I really don't being patronized like that, indicating that it took them this long to "fix" a game mechanic.

I'm also getting really tired of having to scream about every change lately in order to get things fixed properly by the designers, or simply rolled back. It seems like it has been one constant thing after another lately. If no one complained and got all of these recent updates reversed, this game would be much different right now, and not in a good way.

tr0p

Question: Have you actually stopped spending money on FoE, or quit the game? (Assuming you spent money in the first place.) Because if you haven't done either of those, your complaint is just empty bluster.

Yep, sent a message to support earlier today telling them I won't be spending any more due to the way this change was done, which is unfortunate for them considering I've spent quite a bit on other games Ive played, and I really do enjoy FoE. They said they will pass it on to the management team.

BigSpence4

I'm just going to go go out and say this... I've yet to hit my RQ limit in the past two days and I haven't changed how I play.. and I do a LOT of FP RQs every day. So if this only affects infinite CF's or people who were gaining billions of rank per from looping those stupid fight quests (HOW BORING!) then good riddance..
it makes me think, this probably only applies to people who hit some throttle due to abusive behavior or behavior Inno now wants to call abusive. Though if I do wind up hitting the limit then given that I didn't hit it on weekdays and I'm sure I'm more active than most people, it seems like it was placed at a good spot.

Still I'm crossing my fingers I don't reach it.. the weekend will be telling when our lock threads heat up. I give out 1.4% higher than my arc gives me back to my guild, because that's the average FP reward from doing FP RQs. I'll end up having to reduce those lock rates and just give out my spare FP somehow else. It's still better than the alternative, as much as rank means little other than how much you've spent and how little life you've got. And I'm sure one to talk on that!

And another one that is NOT effected. I am sorry but just because you dont hit the limit in your game paly doesnt mean i should have to play like you.

BigSpence4

I got a response from support saying that they would like to emphasize that being able to abort more than the current limit on a daily basis was not originally intended by game design.

I find this to be completely disingenuous when the Progressive era was introduced in July 2013, almost 8 years ago, and the Heavy Questing strategy has been around almost as long, and is even explained in the official InnoGames wiki. And I really don't being patronized like that, indicating that it took them this long to "fix" a game mechanic.

I'm also getting really tired of having to scream about every change lately in order to get things fixed properly by the designers, or simply rolled back. It seems like it has been one constant thing after another lately. If no one complained and got all of these recent updates reversed, this game would be much different right now, and not in a good way.

If it wasn't originally intoned by game design then it should of been changed or addressed at a sooner date. not 8 years later without any notice and then when implemented, not saying a single word. With all the neg feedback staying quiet, just leads to believe its total BS on their part.

Coach Zuck

If it wasn't originally intoned by game design then it should of been changed or addressed at a sooner date. not 8 years later without any notice and then when implemented, not saying a single word. With all the neg feedback staying quiet, just leads to believe its total BS on their part.
nice curve on your rank there on foestats around jan 21st.. find out about any exploits around then?

Emberguard

and is even explained in the official InnoGames wiki
Trying to find that in the wiki, not finding anything explaining heavy questing strategy. You sure it’s the official wiki?

Official Wiki: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

If it’s a different wiki from the link I’ve provided above then no need to link, a yes or no will suffice

I wasn't even doing anything outside the ordinary, just some normal cycling while placing fp, along with a mix of ubq's. And it's only morning. When does this reset? Midnight server time? ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
what would be acceptable for your normal play style?

BigSpence4

nice curve on your rank there on foestats around jan 21st.. find out about any exploits around then?

That is when I came back to the game. Also, I dont care about points. The main fighting came from being active in GbG. We usually get matched up with another guild to swap tiles. I am sure that isn't intended in gbg so making changes to that as well oh in say 8 years. I will plan ahead for that.

Coach Zuck

this wasn't addressed to me but I figured I'd offer one minor tweak... assuming I eventually hit the limit, the midnight reset would be a big burden. I don't think Germany realizes that Midnight is only 9pm on the west coast. So now if we have a huge backlog shortly before GBG reset and haven't used our FP RQs for the day, we're going to have to sit around trying to get them done rather than preparing for GBG, so that the backlog doesn't affect the next day's limit. Too much happens at midnight and the hard set time doesn't make much sense.

Can you ask for them to look in to implementing a 'token bucket' for the limit? They are a very CPU/resource efficient way of implementing rolling limitations.

Also I think that it would make more sense to limit the amount of each RQ per day (or the amount of total RQs per day, or the amount of aborts per quest) rather than limiting the number of total aborts. This makes it a non-issue of what age you're in + how many quests those ages have, and also I assume that the abort button on side quests will currently be included, which will suck when the new age comes out, especially if anyone's already hit their limit before they get a side quest they need to abort. Even if the end-effect is the same. Also I've already heard from a few people they intend to do UBQs between each round of FP RQs now, to reduce their counts. SAAB/Mars can't do that to get a third per round.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Trying to find that in the wiki, not finding anything explaining heavy questing strategy. You sure it’s the official wiki?

Official Wiki: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

If it’s a different wiki from the link I’ve provided above then no need to link, a yes or no will suffice
I thought I read it there awhile back when trying to find recurring quest info for someone to read, I could be wrong on that and it might have been the other one, but that is a minor thing compared to the main issue if so.

I don't know, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10000 aborts seems more reasonable to me, though even then there would likely be a few legitimate players adversely affected at that number. At 10000 aborts it would keep the number of SAAB or SAV daily recurring battles to under 850 fights if my numbers are correct, which matches up fairly well with GBG fighting for advanced players.

Coach Zuck

That is when I came back to the game. Also, I dont care about points. The main fighting came from being active in GbG. We usually get matched up with another guild to swap tiles. I am sure that isn't intended in gbg so making changes to that as well oh in say 8 years. I will plan ahead for that.
you've had battles every day since Nov 1 so I think you're just proving my point... either way, again, I've yet to reach the limit. I'm not a UBQ'er and feel for them but still think this is best. If anything, if I hit the limit, I'm going to say OOOOOK I've spent WAY too much time on this game today, and tell people they'll need to wait for tomorrow. lol.

BigSpence4

you've had battles every day since Nov 1 so I think you're just proving my point... either way, again, I've yet to reach the limit. I'm not a UBQ'er and feel for them but still think this is best. If anything, if I hit the limit, I'm going to say OOOOOK I've spent WAY too much time on this game today, and tell people they'll need to wait for tomorrow. lol.

IYour opinion are both wrong. I don't care about points because they don't mean anything really. Also, just because the limit is ok for you and if you hit it then youve spent too much time on the game great for you. Not everyone is like you. Some of us want to play the game more than that and shouldnt be limited by Inno.

Status
Not open for further replies.