• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalessia

If you have been on this game for a while, you know that I rarely post, preferring to stay in the background and observe. If I may be so bold as to add my 2 cents, think on this. If you are at INNO headquarters and you notice people doing thousands of quests per day, what thought are really going through their heads? Could it be cheating, (bots, programs, and so forth). Or, has the game gotten to the point where some players are becoming bored and have to do all of these quests because of that? One thing I have learned and hopefully you will is people, you have to learn to adapt to almost constant changes in life. It isn't always fun but if you do not learn to adapt to changes, life will "chew you up and spit you out." I also have notice that most of you are fairly intelligent You should be able to overcome this bump in the road and move on. I hope that you do. And, have fun!
I created an account just to reply to this.
Did you try to tell me, that i have to adapt my playstyle to something that i do not consider fun, just because in life its not always fun ? Isn't this the reason i play games? To have fun? Thank you, but no.

Agent327

Did you try to tell me, that i have to adapt my playstyle to something that i do not consider fun, just because in life its not always fun ? Isn't this the reason i play games? To have fun? Thank you, but no.

I think what he is trying to say is that if life deals you lemons, you make lemonade.

Beats me how doing RQ's for hours on can be "fun", but if that is your fun there are options to adapt. Start new cities. Work your way up to the RQ's and start doing them again. Each city is another 2000 extra aborts.

To me there is much more to the game than just doing RQ's. If that is the only thing that is "fun" to you I would not call it a playstyle, but more something like an obsession. If I were to come to a point where I would realise that only one part of a game, that has so many aspects, was fun to me, I would quit.

r21r

To me there is much more to the game than just doing RQ's. If that is the only thing that is "fun" to you I would not call it a playstyle, but more something like an obsession. If I were to come to a point where I would realise that only one part of a game, that has so many aspects, was fun to me, I would quit.
who told the game is only RQ's ? and what is the "much more" ? build - delete - rebuild settlements ? take-release-retake GvG ? load-swap-reload-reswap GBG ?

still - big dislike for the 2.000 abort limit
still - under lockdown here
still - playing GE GBG GvG RQ's Plundering daily - Aiding with SV+Sniping from time to time - trying to avoid settlements at any cost

inno stands for innovation right ? we still support innovation, let us see it

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalessia

I think what he is trying to say is that if life deals you lemons, you make lemonade.

Beats me how doing RQ's for hours on can be "fun", but if that is your fun there are options to adapt. Start new cities. Work your way up to the RQ's and start doing them again. Each city is another 2000 extra aborts.

I already quit, dont worry. Even tho doing rq's were a part of my playstyle ( i wont name obsession using a feature of the game which helped me a lot ), i can play without them too, but i dont want to. I invested thousands of points in CF for what? This is not the first thing that i disliked about inno's decision. I refuse to spend my money on a game which force me to play it as the game wants. If the playstyle i chose and in which i invested time, gets punished with no real reason, and the mods try to tell me to make lemonade, i consider this is my last drop.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

A lot to catch up on.

While still not in favor of the change, Inno has every right to fix any imbalance that has arisen. That this imbalance results from a player construct, no matter how long in use, adds weight to Inno's decision to enact a change, and in no way supports player arguments that Inno somehow owes heavy questers the status quo. Regardless of who thought it up, or where the guides were posted, heavy questing is no more an Inno sanctioned playstyle than 1.9x threads. Both legal and within the rules, but not sanctioned or supported by Inno.

Seems this whole issue is the Law of Unintended Consequences meets The Perfect Storm.

Though some may have been using it before, the playstyle of Heavy Questing was first codified when Cosmic Raven wrote his guide. I was one of the early adopters, retooling my cities while CR was still posting to the thread. While it didn't take long for the idea of CF as perpetual motion machine to be proven, at the time it was little more than a thought experiment backed by a math formula. When an SoK was still the FP producing standard and still very hard to get, the idea of a CF in the mid hundreds, was just that. An idea.

Oh, how times have changed. Special Buildings giving 10+ FPs, once unthinkable, are now commonplace. A new one available every 6 weeks. Rewards from the Daily Challenge (brand new back then), Settlements and settlement buildings, supplies from HC, and now GBG, the magical land of FPs, have made high level CFs commonplace. What was once a thought experiment with no impact on the game, is now having real impacts on the game, both in balance and server impact.

Balance is the Law of Unintended Consequences, server impact is The Perfect Storm. Covid, lockdowns, and work from home. Tens of thousands of players with nothing better to do than play GBG and spin RQs, even when they're 'working' from home. Constant RQs, the equivalent of a low grade DDoS attack, all day, everyday. Which then leads to an imbalance of resources feeding the never ending loop of the problem. Unlimited goods used for more GBG, unlimited FPs to level GBS like CF and Arc, to produce more, to get more, to level more, to produce more, to get more, to level more...

See the problem? I can.

I don't have to agree with the solution to understand the sequence of events that got us here. I can also see why Inno is addressing it now, and not 3 years ago when CF as PMM was just a thought experiment, only achievable by the few. Now the few have become many, with unlimited time on their hands. Inno has now placed a limit on aborts. No more endless looping when there's nothing better to do.

There are a lot of things that I don't like about this and how this was handled, especially the communication. But with that limited communication and my experience with Heavy Questing since its inception, I can suss out why Inno needed to address it now, not last year, or the year before.

Still don't like it though.

iPenguinPat

A lot to catch up on.

While still not in favor of the change, Inno has every right to fix any imbalance that has arisen. That this imbalance results from a player construct, no matter how long in use, adds weight to Inno's decision to enact a change, and in no way supports player arguments that Inno somehow owes heavy questers the status quo. Regardless of who thought it up, or where the guides were posted, heavy questing is no more an Inno sanctioned playstyle than 1.9x threads. Both legal and within the rules, but not sanctioned or supported by Inno.

Seems this whole issue is the Law of Unintended Consequences meets The Perfect Storm.

Though some may have been using it before, the playstyle of Heavy Questing was first codified when Cosmic Raven wrote his guide. I was one of the early adopters, retooling my cities while CR was still posting to the thread. While it didn't take long for the idea of CF as perpetual motion machine to be proven, at the time it was little more than a thought experiment backed by a math formula. When an SoK was still the FP producing standard and still very hard to get, the idea of a CF in the mid hundreds, was just that. An idea.

Oh, how times have changed. Special Buildings giving 10+ FPs, once unthinkable, are now commonplace. A new one available every 6 weeks. Rewards from the Daily Challenge (brand new back then), Settlements and settlement buildings, supplies from HC, and now GBG, the magical land of FPs, have made high level CFs commonplace. What was once a thought experiment with no impact on the game, is now having real impacts on the game, both in balance and server impact.

Balance is the Law of Unintended Consequences, server impact is The Perfect Storm. Covid, lockdowns, and work from home. Tens of thousands of players with nothing better to do than play GBG and spin RQs, even when they're 'working' from home. Constant RQs, the equivalent of a low grade DDoS attack, all day, everyday. Which then leads to an imbalance of resources feeding the never ending loop of the problem. Unlimited goods used for more GBG, unlimited FPs to level GBS like CF and Arc, to produce more, to get more, to level more, to produce more, to get more, to level more...

See the problem? I can.

I don't have to agree with the solution to understand the sequence of events that got us here. I can also see why Inno is addressing it now, and not 3 years ago when CF as PMM was just a thought experiment, only achievable by the few. Now the few have become many, with unlimited time on their hands. Inno has now placed a limit on aborts. No more endless looping when there's nothing better to do.

There are a lot of things that I don't like about this and how this was handled, especially the communication. But with that limited communication and my experience with Heavy Questing since its inception, I can suss out why Inno needed to address it now, not last year, or the year before.

Still don't like it though.

Power creep and better education about the game certainly made perpetual CF easier to obtain. That said, why not just tweak the numbers on cost/rewards to make it less viable? Or put a slowdown after X quests instead of stopping it all together?

The thing is - without addressing scripts - RQ's are still abusable. Bad actors will just use alt accounts to achieve the same unlimited goods/FP goals. Until inno starts cracking down on the actual problem, bad actors will continue to find a way around these short-sighted bandaids.

Super interested to see the fallout in 3-4 months.

Lando6

Well said Razorback. I understand the rationale by the powers that be, but still don't like it. Power creep is definitely something Inno will have to think about more as players points and GB's start to verge on the astronomical. As a side note, is there any way to tell how closer you are to the abort limit on a given day? Sometimes I have a free half hour or so here and there and would like to power through some quests, but I want to save some aborts for my daily collections.

RazorbackPirate

Power creep and better education about the game certainly made perpetual CF easier to obtain. That said, why not just tweak the numbers on cost/rewards to make it less viable? Or put a slowdown after X quests instead of stopping it all together?
While viable, it does not address the issue of the impact of aborts on the server. Making it less viable still means it's viable and folks will still do it for hours on end.
The thing is - without addressing scripts - RQ's are still abusable. Bad actors will just use alt accounts to achieve the same unlimited goods/FP goals. Until inno starts cracking down on the actual problem, bad actors will continue to find a way around these short-sighted bandaids.
While I agree about script bots and cheaters, I think it's shortsighted to think this is all about that. While click-bots may have exacerbated the issue, even bringing it to the fore, that's the stuff that's visible. The stuff that's invisible from a player perspective is what it seems they're really trying to fix here. The constant impact on the server of excessive aborts, and the imbalance the rewards from that have on the game.
Super interested to see the fallout in 3-4 months.
As am I.

plinker2

I already quit, dont worry. Even tho doing rq's were a part of my playstyle ( i wont name obsession using a feature of the game which helped me a lot ), i can play without them too, but i dont want to. I invested thousands of points in CF for what? This is not the first thing that i disliked about inno's decision. I refuse to spend my money on a game which force me to play it as the game wants. If the playstyle i chose and in which i invested time, gets punished with no real reason, and the mods try to tell me to make lemonade, i consider this is my last drop.
Considering you have been here a little over 3 hours and have already decided to quit? I wonder what games you do like. On second thought, it doesn't matter. Enjoy life, be happy, play games you like.

lemur

Inno has every right to fix any imbalance that has arisen.
What imbalance? What things need to be "balanced"? InnoGames is opaque. Oz has spoken.

Inno made it clear they wanted to do something about exploits.
When I observe the communication from InnoGames, "clear" is a word furthest from my mind. What do they think an "exploit" is? I found four definitions from large computer companies.

From Malwarebytes:

Small Exploit - Malwarebytes.jpg

From Cisco:

Exploit - Cisco (small).jpg

From Avast:

Exploit - Avast (small).jpg

From UpGuard:

Exploit - UpGuard (small).jpg

What an interesting choice of word that is for InnoGames to use about its player base! Does this reflect how they think of us? When we play their game within the rules that have existed for years, some of that activity is to be now regarded as "malicious" or "illicit" or "unauthorized"??

Meanwhile, they are more than happy to keep us addicted to feed the demands of their stock holders. Who is "exploiting" whom?

Last edited:

plinker2

Then why do you play, if not for fun? You can use the playstyle that you choose. If you DON'T have fun doing a game, why play?

Status
Not open for further replies.