• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game is losing my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

spend about $100 every 2 months on the game (which is money I have no desire to throw away on doing something that doesn't fulfill me anymore), which by the way is also something you don't respect.
Yeah, personally I don't care if you're Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play. That's really not what's important unless being Pay-to-Play is the problem that's causing you to be bored by removing challenges from the game faster than they otherwise would without it. You're bored with the game and are looking for a challenge, that's what's important.

Ok, let's see.
  • If nothing changes what happens to your city?
  • How disposable are the things within your city? Would you be flexible in discarding what's in it to rebuild the city for the purpose of a challenge or is that part set in concrete?
Nothing to keep my interest in coming back to the game every day to achieve something not achieved before.
If your own game has become uninteresting, have you tried mentoring other players?

Yeah, personally I don't care if you're Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play. That's really not what's important unless being Pay-to-Play is the problem that's causing you to be bored by removing challenges from the game faster than they otherwise would without it. You're bored with the game and are looking for a challenge, that's what's important.

Ok, let's see.
  • If nothing changes what happens to your city?
  • How disposable are the things within your city? Would you be flexible in discarding what's in it to rebuild the city for the purpose of a challenge or is that part set in concrete?
If your own game has become uninteresting, have you tried mentoring other players?
Good questions and I am going to be brutally honest with you.

If I am no longer interested in the game, why would I be interested in my happens to my city? As long as I am playing, I am maintaining everything working well. I am not "whining" because I want to quit. I am whining because I want new challenges.

As far as discarding things to rebuild, that is ridiculous. Challenges are unimportant the 2nd time around as you already beat the challenge once. If you know how to do it (and beat it), why would it be a "challenge" the second time? I just have to do the "same thing" I did the 1st time. No challenge there.

You should not conflate terseness with sarcasm, nor hostility. My statement was an honest response, and frankly applies to the last sentence of your statement above. I usually don’t bother even responding to posts like yours as it is wasted effort on my part, but I have some time to kill between timers, so why not?

Your posts have been statements not questions, you clearly think your own assessment of your city (not “world”) and gameplay is correct, and that there is not any advice anyone could give you that is of any use to you. You complain (I didn’t say whine) that you have reached the end of content and that it is now just the same old same old and you would like something different to engage your interest, yet you offer no suggestions for that something different, other than you don’t want it to be what is already offered by the game as it is. That sound about right?

The reason I usually don’t bother to respond to posts like this in-game or in the Forum is that the poster is not asking for advice or the answer to any question but is rather looking for confirmation of his point of view and/or making some sort of brag. For the latter I will rely on others to analyze your city; I generally trust their judgements and I have no interest in pursuing it.

You are correct in one respect: I don’t care whether you stay or go.
I am not looking for confirmation. I opened my mouth on this so that it can get the information to the people in charge so they can make changes if they so desire. I do plan to stay around for Jupiter, meaning I will be around another 6 months at least. Nonetheless, when researching Jupiter on the online video that is there, it was mentioned that it is unlikely there will be any other new worlds. That really was a downer.

Emberguard

If I am no longer interested in the game, why would I be interested in my happens to my city? As long as I am playing, I am maintaining everything working well. I am not "whining" because I want to quit. I am whining because I want new challenges
As far as discarding things to rebuild, that is ridiculous
Well if you’re unwilling to restart and unwilling to rebuild/restructure in order to create a challenge then your available options for a challenge is going to be limited.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am not looking for confirmation. I opened my mouth on this so that it can get the information to the people in charge so they can make changes if they so desire. I do plan to stay around for Jupiter, meaning I will be around another 6 months at least. Nonetheless, when researching Jupiter on the online video that is there, it was mentioned that it is unlikely there will be any other new worlds. That really was a downer.
Ahh, you are under the impression that anyone from InnoGames ever looks at the forums or ever takes any of our suggestions under consideration unless they happen to align with something they are already planning.

Jupiter Moons will likely be a copy of Space Age Venus, which was a copy of Space Age Asteroid Belt, which was a copy of Space Age Mars. See the pattern? I expect that whatever era comes after Jupiter will be another clone.

If you like FoE, but want something new, maybe take a look at Elvenar. It is made by InnoGames and includes many similarities to FoE, while not being a direct clone.

Johnny B. Goode

I opened my mouth on this so that it can get the information to the people in charge so they can make changes if they so desire.
Then maybe your challenge is to find out how the Forum works and what it's overall purpose is. I'll get you started. It's a "players" Forum. Meaning it is almost exclusively for players to communicate with each other and discuss topics both game-related and non-game-related, depending on the sub-forum that a player posts on. The two exceptions to that is the "Ideas" section of the Forum, where well-thought-out specific suggestions may be proposed by players. When doing so, players are required to follow a posted format and adhere to posted rules for such suggestions. The other exception is Announcements and the accompanying Feedback threads. Announcements, obviously, are where Inno (through their established channels) communicates new features, events, and updates. Feedback threads are where players can give their opinions related to the topics of said Announcements. Feedback is the only material routinely relayed on to Inno, and even then it is generally summarized. Ideas that follow the posted rules and are supported by the Forum community are combined with similar suggestions from other international server Forums and forwarded to the developers, who then either ignore them, file them for later, or start working on them. The only way we ever know which they choose to do is if an Idea later shows up in the game.

Now, for your purposes, the Forum is basically useless. You only have vague suggestions to "do something new", so Ideas is out of the picture. And your vague suggestions for change are not tied to any specific event/feature/upgrade, so Feedback threads are also not the proper venue.

Which takes me back to a remark I made very early on in this discussion. Do you remember when I said you should email Inno? That's the only way you will ever have a chance to "get the information" to the people in charge. However, this is post #46 on this thread and you have yet to give any information other than that you're bored. Send them that in an email and it will have even less impact than this thread...which is zero. And maybe you haven't noticed, but not one person here agrees with your assessment of the game or your claim of having accomplished everything there is to accomplish.

I am sorely tempted to temporarily build a city on your world just so I can see for myself how "complete" your city is. If I have a little extra time later, I just might do that.

Then maybe your challenge is to find out how the Forum works and what it's overall purpose is. I'll get you started. It's a "players" Forum. Meaning it is almost exclusively for players to communicate with each other and discuss topics both game-related and non-game-related, depending on the sub-forum that a player posts on. The two exceptions to that is the "Ideas" section of the Forum, where well-thought-out specific suggestions may be proposed by players. When doing so, players are required to follow a posted format and adhere to posted rules for such suggestions. The other exception is Announcements and the accompanying Feedback threads. Announcements, obviously, are where Inno (through their established channels) communicates new features, events, and updates. Feedback threads are where players can give their opinions related to the topics of said Announcements. Feedback is the only material routinely relayed on to Inno, and even then it is generally summarized. Ideas that follow the posted rules and are supported by the Forum community are combined with similar suggestions from other international server Forums and forwarded to the developers, who then either ignore them, file them for later, or start working on them. The only way we ever know which they choose to do is if an Idea later shows up in the game.

Now, for your purposes, the Forum is basically useless. You only have vague suggestions to "do something new", so Ideas is out of the picture. And your vague suggestions for change are not tied to any specific event/feature/upgrade, so Feedback threads are also not the proper venue.

Which takes me back to a remark I made very early on in this discussion. Do you remember when I said you should email Inno? That's the only way you will ever have a chance to "get the information" to the people in charge. However, this is post #46 on this thread and you have yet to give any information other than that you're bored. Send them that in an email and it will have even less impact than this thread...which is zero. And maybe you haven't noticed, but not one person here agrees with your assessment of the game or your claim of having accomplished everything there is to accomplish.

I am sorely tempted to temporarily build a city on your world just so I can see for myself how "complete" your city is. If I have a little extra time later, I just might do that.
Thanks for the info. I did not know that and will follow your suggestions

Welcome to my world (if you come). You will find that I am not lacking anything, at least nothing that I know of.

Which is why you can't find new challenges. You think you know it all.

Carry on.
hahahaha, that is a good one. Like if after 4 years of playing the game daily for over 6 hours a day and having finished all worlds, I have missed something. Thanks, for the laugh. I needed that this morning. You are hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

hahahaha, that is a good one. Like if after 4 years of playing the game daily for over 6 hours a day and having finished all worlds, I have missed something. Thanks, for the laugh. I needed that this morning. You are hilarious.

You did miss something. You have not been playing the game. You have been going through the motions of the game without really understanding what the game is about. You are totally stuck in your believe that cause you have done it for 4 years and 6 hours a day you have done it right. You haven't and the sad thing is you are not even willing to try to understand what people are trying to tell you.

Your mantra is, I am 76 and I have been playing for 4 years, 6 hours a day, so I have nothing to learn. I am willing to bet you did the tech tree without skipping a single tech, just because you think that is what is required to do.

Emberguard

Like if after 4 years of playing the game daily for over 6 hours a day and having finished all worlds, I have missed something.
That would be very easy to do. Whether you'd care to learn every tiny detail is another matter entirely. You haven't completed all "Worlds", you've completed all Ages/Era's. You've actually only completed a single world out of 28, and its' name is Parkog

Do you know how many players are in each Antiques Dealer auction?
Do you know what the minimum advances required to receive GBG end of season rewards are?
Do you know how often the Flying Island spawns a shard?
Which age does 2-Lane incidents stop spawning?
Do you know how to prevent a sector in GvG from being greyed out on the beach (excluding starting sectors)?

You might know those things or you might not, but I highly doubt you haven't missed something. I also highly doubt I haven't missed something, somewhere. It's a big game with many components to it that is unlikely to be uncovered by any one person in isolation.

You did miss something. You have not been playing the game. You have been going through the motions of the game without really understanding what the game is about. You are totally stuck in your believe that cause you have done it for 4 years and 6 hours a day you have done it right. You haven't and the sad thing is you are not even willing to try to understand what people are trying to tell you.

Your mantra is, I am 76 and I have been playing for 4 years, 6 hours a day, so I have nothing to learn. I am willing to bet you did the tech tree without skipping a single tech, just because you think that is what is required to do.
"You have not been playing the game" is something you need to explain. To me, it has no meaning (just words)so you have to explain what "playing the game" is all about.

That would be very easy to do. Whether you'd care to learn every tiny detail is another matter entirely. You haven't completed all "Worlds", you've completed all Ages/Era's. You've actually only completed a single world out of 28, and its' name is Parkog

Do you know how many players are in each Antiques Dealer auction?

Why is this important?

Do you know what the minimum advances required to receive GBG end of season rewards are?

I don't care given that I have no use for rewards any more

Do you know how often the Flying Island spawns a shard?

No, but then again, I get all shards

Which age does 2-Lane incidents stop spawning?

Again, why is that important to know?

Do you know how to prevent a sector in GvG from being greyed out on the beach (excluding starting sectors)?

When I did play GVG, I did not enjjoy it but perhaps now that you mention it, I may try it again.

You might know those things or you might not, but I highly doubt you haven't missed something. I also highly doubt I haven't missed something, somewhere. It's a big game with many components to it that is unlikely to be uncovered by any one person in isolation.

The thing is that I play the game for the things that did interest me and did not play those I got no fun out of.

Anyhow, thanks for the comment and especially for the way you stated it.

Sharmon the Impaler

Why are you arguing ? You don’t like the game then just try another. Your GBs aren’t worked up to 180 , all the settlements aren’t done , you don’t have your own successful guild that you run , you don’t have a complete collection of anything (event buildings , avatars , GBs , goods special building for GVG in each era, etc). You have gone through each era and completed it in paint by numbers style so an extra era will not be giving you anything new. Leave and find a game that you like.

Johnny B. Goode

Tell me all about it. Is you say I have missed something, shouldn't you say what it is that I have missed. Evidently you know, don't you?
You've missed getting to know the game. As evidenced by you calling them "worlds" when you actually mean "eras" or "ages". Worlds are the various U.S. servers where you can start a city, there are currently 28 of them. Eras or ages are the various "time" stages your city goes through as you progress. There are currently 19 of them, not counting Stone Age.

Your lack of game savvy is also evidenced by the relatively low levels of your GBs. Anyone who has been playing "to win" for 3-4 years should at the very least have a level 80 Arc, if not multiple level 80+ GBs, especially the att/def boost ones. There is much you have not accomplished in this game, despite being at the end of the tech tree.

Agent327

Every one of them except "spectator sports" in the Modern era.

And that's just it. This is a strategy game, but you have no strategy at all. You blindly follow where the game takes you. If a quest would come up, asking you to do 5000 5 minute productions, you would do it. If you have to research something you don't need, you do not ask yourself why you should. You just do it. You are like the guy that blindly follows his navigation and then blames that navigation for ending up in somebody's swimming pool. You have not been playing the game. You have been following instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.