• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid All Feedback

Nadine 47

My first concern regards ads. It was reported on beta that many ads were inappropriate for work or family. I've tried the ads on my live cities to see, and so far they are fine, and I hope that Inno corrected this issue, but if adult ads do appear I will be forced to immediately quit FoE permanently after many years of play.

Second is how ads are handled in the Tavern. In my advanced cities the bonus offered for watching an ad is of zero interest, however when you open the Tavern you are forced into the ad tab, not the table overview tab. This is already annoying on day 1, I imagine it will become even more so as time goes on. The default tab for the Tavern needs to be set to the table, not ads. If you click on the ad nag in the city, let that take players directly to ads, but otherwise the table.

Also, why does the ad nag popup cover the Tavern instead of being offset like the timer popup? I'd rather see the building graphics than have them covered up by an ugly red balloon!
Yes, get rid of the ads.

MollisVox

I am not seeing any ads, I do have the aid all and the tavern boosts, but the boosts for me activate based on tavern activity, so they're pretty much always up. Inno absolutely should not be hosting ads in game, we're not playing the game through facebook or some other social media site. I have concerns about data safety, including payment method security, when you're randomly hosting other ads on your site. Considering some people have had to deal with adult ads, I dont have much confidence you are curating them carefully to include only what's appropriate, let alone what's safe.

Angel.

I don't know how this got to discussion of ads, but

I LOVE AID ALL!!!!!!!!!

I have considered quitting this game because Aiding is so tedious and time-consuming and detracts from the fun!! Don't even THINK of taking it away, it's WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love the aid all but dont want no ads

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am not seeing any ads, I do have the aid all and the tavern boosts, but the boosts for me activate based on tavern activity, so they're pretty much always up. Inno absolutely should not be hosting ads in game, we're not playing the game through facebook or some other social media site. I have concerns about data safety, including payment method security, when you're randomly hosting other ads on your site. Considering some people have had to deal with adult ads, I dont have much confidence you are curating them carefully to include only what's appropriate, let alone what's safe.
You are on PC, correct?

Where do you get your adult ad info from? It was reported on beta, and is a major concern of mine because of small kids around when I play, but I haven't seen any myself. Everything has been PG so far.

QueenSupreme

I do not find the new Tavern Boost beneficial and I really don't like the ad in the app for Taverns. I too wish to have the Tavern Boost be an option that can be disabled. Please tell me you are testing ads and will not implement more in the future.

Do the ads come through with loud and obnoxious noise regardless of your in game sound settings? This has been an issue with almost every other game I have seen with something similar.

For pc, do the ads come through in forced full screen or do they respect the game window size? Don't want motion sickness if I accidentally click on the ad button.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Do the ads come through with loud and obnoxious noise regardless of your in game sound settings?
Yes, I have all game sounds off all the time, and the ads are loud and clear.

For pc, do the ads come through in forced full screen or do they respect the game window size? Don't want motion sickness if I accidentally click on the ad button.
Ads aren't active on PC (yet?).

Kaidi

Yes, I have all game sounds off all the time, and the ads are loud and clear.
Boy, if that is the case, and they do add them to the PC, then I can no longer play.

I play while working - I work from home, and they know that I keep this game up - and an ad blasting in while in the middle of a zoom meeting, or even just while I'm on the phone/on a conference call is not kosher. I love this game, and spend money on it, but I love having a job, eating and paying rent more, lol.

Am I the only person who thinks that they are making the game too easy with all these boosts?
The castle system already kind of crossed the line, but now a new free friends tavern boost? a new questgiver who gives you free goods! the incidents are so easy to spot now (I liked the old incidents instead of the chests) and then an aid all! in my opinion inno is making the game more and more easy and more and more boring...

edit: why does trading goods not count as "collect goods" anymore?
NOTE: chests do not count as Incidents in the Story quests. but they do give quite a bit more stuff...

Since Aid All is now in A/B testing on live, I have created a thread to gather feedback on this feature since it is likely the powers that be will pretty much pretend the test and feature doesn't exist. Please try and follow all regular feedback rules.
now all we need is a Visit All Taverns and a Message All Friends and i will be very happy.

Pitchin

When this first started, my computer was throwing fits and I didn't know why. Now my security is asking me to create a new account. I had no clue what was going on. There was no communication that I was being part of a test group. I do not mind testing, but fair warning would have been nice and information of where the testing thread was.

As for the Aid All...I like this feature a lot, just need to get one for the Tavern. This feature allows more play time for GBG/GE. A lot of people work and don't have time to do everything to really enjoy playing a game.

Yes, there are some glitches like not being able to see the individual tabs in order to select a players GB's to apply fps. The only way around it is to go through the the Town Hall, but if you don't already have fps on that players GB, then you have to search through the ones that are there and hope that player is on someone else's GB or refresh the game.

I really don't see much difference when it come to the Tavern boost.

Several people are talking about ads in the Tavern. I realize that is contributing to financing the game along with the player that actually pays for it. Well I for one am glad I don't see them. The internet is so full of ads that I would rather search for what I want, and not be blasted with them from the game too.

CDmark

now all we need is a Visit All Taverns and a Message All Friends and i will be very happy.
I was thinking the same. Actually a check box "visit taverns" next to aid all friends button. Otherwise, it works nice. I am on PC so no ads (yet?).

I am seeing 4 different things in my city

Special Quest - 1 coin for random reward
chests outside city
Tavern Boost
Aid all

I am wondering if the ads are for the tavern boost. I read that ads had to be watched for using the "aid all" buttons (on mobile).

Kranyar the Mysterious

I was thinking the same. Actually a check box "visit taverns" next to aid all friends button. Otherwise, it works nice. I am on PC so no ads (yet?).

I am seeing 4 different things in my city

Special Quest - 1 coin for random reward
chests outside city
Tavern Boost
Aid all

I am wondering if the ads are for the tavern boost. I read that ads had to be watched for using the "aid all" buttons (on mobile).
The ads on mobile are for all of the things you listed. Makes my city look like a trashy lit up billboard highway :mad:

Kranyar the Mysterious

When this first started, my computer was throwing fits and I didn't know why. Now my security is asking me to create a new account. I had no clue what was going on. There was no communication that I was being part of a test group. I do not mind testing, but fair warning would have been nice and information of where the testing thread was.
I haven't seen this issue on PC, and no one's reported it on beta that I'm aware of, so I suspect you have something else going on totally unrelated to this test