• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Championship in gbg has to go

Portia the Benevolent

It is ruining GbG. In O world one guild has worked to build a super guild no one can beat. They’ve gotten so big almost every single top battler is going there to get the trophy. They’re kicking out players fulfilling req to bring in Top players vying to get in. They kicked 12 out yesterday alone. The other top guilds are sinking like stones. They promised several other players they’ll have room next week when they kick more loyal guildies out. This is absolutely not fun. One guild in the stratosphere and every other guild sinking. This stupid trophy needs to stop or be changed.

Pericles the Lion

Seems to me that the guild you refer to has a winning formula. They raised their standards and are holding members accountable. Members that won't, or can't, meet the standards are being replaced by new members. Apparently, their strategy is not discouraging top players from applying for membership. I suppose that it sucks for the members that didn't make the cut but it kinda sounds like RL, eh?

Sharmon the Impaler

In Q it's distilling into 4 super guilds and much in the same way as @Portia the Benevolent described. Top fighters are being poached and funneled into those 4. 2 of them are exceptionally fast and nobody can go head to head with them. The other two are very high end but not quite as fast at the other two. If you have very high stats and are a good fit of course the guild is going to make room for you if they are going for the tower.

Portia the Benevolent

Seems to me that the guild you refer to has a winning formula. They raised their standards and are holding members accountable. Members that won't, or can't, meet the standards are being replaced by new members. Apparently, their strategy is not discouraging top players from applying for membership. I suppose that it sucks for the members that didn't make the cut but it kinda sounds like RL, eh?
Not true. They just raise the rules arbitrarily so they can kick ppl out. The point is it’s made it even less democratic than it was. The whole point was to broaden the field for other guilds. It’s done the total opposite.

It is ruining GbG. In O world one guild has worked to build a super guild no one can beat. They’ve gotten so big almost every single top battler is going there to get the trophy. They’re kicking out players fulfilling req to bring in Top players vying to get in. They kicked 12 out yesterday alone. The other top guilds are sinking like stones. They promised several other players they’ll have room next week when they kick more loyal guildies out. This is absolutely not fun. One guild in the stratosphere and every other guild sinking. This stupid trophy needs to stop or be changed.
About the same scenario is happening in U world. So don’t feel left out. What they need to try and do is make the toughest teams fight across all worlds. Match by size like GE. Same guild will finish first again this season you just try and fight see where you finish. Yes all for the building that other players will build three times faster. They say guilds need to group up but with the delay of GVG closing the die hard guilds won’t merge so fingers crossed that GVG leaves soon to see if that helps.

Emberguard

Not true. They just raise the rules arbitrarily so they can kick ppl out. The point is it’s made it even less democratic than it was. The whole point was to broaden the field for other guilds. It’s done the total opposite.

Any guild that wanted to be competitive was already doing that in the old system as well. Removing the Championship won't stop players from kicking the weakest members out in favor of stronger or more active ones. It may reduce the frequency by making the Super Guilds less appealing but I wouldn't expect it to prevent it outright

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

It all depends on the Guild leaders and strong members. . Offer something better. Good players will come.
Guilds have arisen and died, changed, large groups of players leave one then form another... many many times since Foe started. Having a short attention span is a detriment in Foe. Need to think in years not weeks.

Dominator - X

You can sit around complaining about an issue or you can put forth the effort to overcome it or find a way to live with it.

Why do so many "players" have such an issue with those who want to excel? Whether acting as an individual or a part of a group, there are those who aspire to be the best or to receive the highest honor or reward. I will never understand why others begrudge them.

Xenosaur

There is nothing egalitarian about our guild system. Guilds coalesce here from aggregation of playing styles, goals, friendships or yes, even religious beliefs.

People here want to be associated with other like-minded, accomplished winners. It drives sections of this game more than you know.

It's like a private country club. They're free to offer memberships or poach anyone they want to, and exclude those they don't want.

It will exists until... it doesn't, or someone/many inside that guild gets pissed off and leave and take a huge swath of player with them, to start something new that's more palatable.

As @Pericles the Lion eluded to...., art imitates life... and you're seeing it happen here.

Government (Mother Inno) isn't going to step in to balance the ledger, either. Inno actually wants this type of action - until they determine it's not making them as much money, then they'll adjust it to do so.

jaymoney23456

There has been some consolidation due to GbG changes but that is not the main issue imo
this new ranking system has too many players worrying about vp to the extent it interferes with even just maxing out fights on the map and this is even in cases where the guild has first place locked down on the map-the ranking system is retarded. No way should there be a system that gives out higher rank for just camping out on sectors all day. Also counting victories the same regardless of you were on a map with all 1k diamond guilds or not is nonsensical also.
Getting rid of attrition free fights in GbG is a huge turn off for many players also and many have quit or reduced playing time due to this. Inno could have reduced diamond drop rate in GbG and still kept attrition free since its obvious the main reason for the changes is to reduce amt of free diamonds for players and also getting players to spend more diamonds

Wwwoodchuck

Government (Mother Inno) isn't going to step in to balance the ledger, either. Inno actually wants this type of action - until they determine it's not making them as much money, then they'll adjust it to do so.
From what I see from my little corners of the worlds, Inno is making out better than the old GbG system. Folks can rationalize the new building costs by how many hits per diamond on each sector. But the bottom line is it went from costing 150 diamonds to rush 3 buildings on a sector to up to 525 Diamonds on that sector. On a competitive war map, there is not always time to let them just cook, things need to happen rapidly as the field changes. So many more camps rushed compared to the friendly farming maps.

One world I am on the top guild kills all buildings before another guild takes a sector over. Inno gets even more diamonds as there are fewer 50% chances of having to build and rush and many more 100% chances of having to rebuild and rush buildings! We have wondered if they get some kickback from Inno for killing all the buildings and making Inno more money! LOL!!

jaymoney23456

You can sit around complaining about an issue or you can put forth the effort to overcome it or find a way to live with it.

Why do so many "players" have such an issue with those who want to excel? Whether acting as an individual or a part of a group, there are those who aspire to be the best or to receive the highest honor or reward. I will never understand why others begrudge them.
To be fair there is a lot of players who come on the forums and bash anyone who criticizes the changes Inno chooses to make to the game. IMO this whole new gbg is garbage and should be immediately dumped

The Lady Redneck

This is it in a nutshell. INNO will let things run with what ever faults bring in the most money. As they do not care about anything else. It is also the only reason (whatever other excuses they give) why GvG is being dumped. There is no way they can make it a cash cow. They will probably delay the new Guilds Raids until they figure out how to get it to where it can exceed GBG income.

Dominator - X

To be fair there is a lot of players who come on the forums and bash anyone who criticizes the changes Inno chooses to make to the game. IMO this whole new gbg is garbage and should be immediately dumped
I am not a fan of the new GBG myself. However, it is what it is and if a person wants to continue playing and competing, they have to play within the bounds INNO places. So, the point is, we can complain about it and hope INNO comforts us or we can do something to better our self and thrive despite our objections or dissatisfaction.

jaymoney23456

I am not a fan of the new GBG myself. However, it is what it is and if a person wants to continue playing and competing, they have to play within the bounds INNO places. So, the point is, we can complain about it and hope INNO comforts us or we can do something to better our self and thrive despite our objections or dissatisfaction.
If enough guilds refused to participate in GbG and boycotted it entirely I bet Inno would change its tune real quick-they can just ignore players coming on the forums complaining but if enough didn't play their stupid new GbG they would either have to change it or lose out on what revenue they get from it

Ebeondi Asi

If enough guilds refused to participate in GbG and boycotted it entirely I bet Inno would change its tune real quick-they can just ignore players coming on the forums complaining but if enough didn't play their stupid new GbG they would either have to change it or lose out on what revenue they get from it
Works just like little kids saying "I'm going to hold my breath until you give me what I want".. Go ahead.. No one cares Though it is funny as can be to watch. LoL

Darkest.Knight

Players get used to whatever changes are made, sometimes they require a bit of adjustment. As a member of a 3 member guild with just myself as a regular fighter most of this is irrelevant for me, I try to stay at the high end of platinum and only occasionally play in diamond. If I want to be in a "big" guild I'll take up 1 of the offers to join that are frequently offered. I prefer it the way it is, no pressure except from myself, lol.

Disgruntled Veteran

The main takeaway that I’m reading is that this guild you speak of is basically training players and discarding them. If these players were smart they’d start building their own guild to go against this “super” guild. In reality a guild of 15-20 (more is always better) members that are truly capable of playing at the same time could compete against any larger guild title for tile. The biggest issue for most guilds (that I see) is players logging in sporadically, and/or too many members not participating in GBG or GE. Some of these “smaller” guilds need to start enforcing their requirements and remove players that don’t or won’t compete. Maybe even create a secondary guild for players to go back and forth between. One being the competitive guild, the other for rest and city management. Similar to what Revenant does on Angkor.

Sharmon the Impaler

We have 2 sister guilds just for that and it works well. The main guild with high requirements , the sister guild for remaining competive but much lower requirements and a second sister for city maintenence , reduced logins , etc.