• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Championship in gbg has to go

Frostblade

The whole point was to give the high end guilds something to fight for. The new reward does that.
Those top guilds that overpower all others several times over will soon run out of fun because there won't be any real challenge any more.

Yes, from what I hear, the very first reason GbG championship was introduced is to provide challenge to those strongest players who complained about lack of challenge.
The challenge gained by championship is only temporary to get the tower, soon enough when they get the tower they'll seek more challenge to continue to have fun, but due to down spiraling and perhaps irreversible effect of championship I'm not sure what challenge will inno offer them.

It's fun to fight equals or stronger ones but it's certainly not fun to fight much weaker than you.

Dominator - X

In reality a guild of 15-20 (more is always better) members that are truly capable of playing at the same time could compete against any larger guild title for tile.
Not with the new GBG format. When those Super guilds, as you call them, compete against each other, it is usually close, yet one of them will win. On the other hand, no 30 person heavily active guild can keep up with them. They may get a seat at the table, but they will still be told how the map will be run and how many provinces they will swap. Unless they want to try FFA... which they will regret.

Dominator - X

The challenge gained by championship is only temporary to get the tower, soon enough when they get the tower they'll seek more challenge to continue to have fun, but due to down spiraling and perhaps irreversible effect of championship I'm not sure what challenge will inno offer them.
The "tower" changes each season. And, as I understand it, the rewards for each new Tower increase or add new features. So, the challenge to win the L2 Tower each C-Season will still be a motivator, as will the Championship. Just as the ranking was a motivator for many guilds who participated in GvG.

jaymoney23456

Also, at a certain point top players will have so many good buildings it will hardly matter anymore and as long as long as no one can hit max attrition cap and keep fighting there is very little gain in getting exra attack after a certain point

jaymoney23456

The whole idea of using victory points in rankings is total garbage also and needs to be totally revamped and the way map victories is counted is lousy too. This means the rankings don't come close to accurately reflecting actual guild strength-its just another way for inno to convince the masses to compete in nonsensical ways that generate income for the company

Frostblade

The "tower" changes each season.
Didn't know that, but I noticed 2 kinds of tower fragments in my inventory, it makes sense now.

Also, at a certain point top players will have so many good buildings it will hardly matter anymore
Yeah, there is no cure to power creep, power creep is like cancer, it affects everything, buildings, great buildings, settlements and even entire guilds with championships, everything is power creep'd.

Lafawnduh

The strong get stronger and the weak can't compete. Planned obsolescence for those who play for fun because even they want to win sometimes. Bouncing back and forth from plat to diamond is not my idea of fun. Yet again, every other season we see 3 of the same guilds.

There has to be some better way to match guilds up.

Emberguard

Yes, from what I hear, the very first reason GbG championship was introduced is to provide challenge to those strongest players who complained about lack of challenge.

Indeed. Too bad there's no cross-world option. 'Cause if a pool is too small to refine it into a (fun) challenge, then the only way to increase the pool of opponents is to draw from other pools of opponents.

It's fun to fight equals or stronger ones but it's certainly not fun to fight much weaker than you.

If you believe you have a chance at winning, then it's fun to fight a stronger opponent. It's not fun if the gap is too big

Of course a big part of the problem is Guilds are going to team up and you really can't prevent that without introducing mechanics that would probably be less enjoyable to play with

A scenario that would be balanced in a free-for-all scenario becomes unbalanced the moment the strongest Guilds decide to work together, because that creates a far stronger defense

Sharmon the Impaler

Indeed. Too bad there's no cross-world option. 'Cause if a pool is too small to refine it into a (fun) challenge, then the only way to increase the pool of opponents is to draw from other pools of opponents.

If you believe you have a chance at winning, then it's fun to fight a stronger opponent. It's not fun if the gap is too big

Of course a big part of the problem is Guilds are going to team up and you really can't prevent that without introducing mechanics that would probably be less enjoyable to play with

A scenario that would be balanced in a free-for-all scenario becomes unbalanced the moment the strongest Guilds decide to work together, because that creates a far stronger defense
Not in every case , we are paired with 2 of the strongest guilds in Q and we decided that farming was not for us and it was time to make GBG a battlegrounds like it was meant to be. The other two are still trying to farm but with great difficulty lol.

Angry.Blanket

The strong get stronger and the weak can't compete. Planned obsolescence for those who play for fun because even they want to win sometimes. Bouncing back and forth from plat to diamond is not my idea of fun. Yet again, every other season we see 3 of the same guilds.

There has to be some better way to match guilds up.
The best way to do the match ups is to give each guild room for 80 members and then let them build their guild up so it is strong enough. That is how those of us that just play for fun built the top guilds.

Sharmon the Impaler

This is why the forums shouldn't be removed.
You know that this forum has lousy security and can be ripped right ? It accepts redirects and has a couple 777 folders at least I am sure which means ripping it and storing your own copy would be doable :) Not that I would ever do this of course.