• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser10266

I think the aid feature will improve everyone's city simply because more people will use it then currently m/p. People are complaining about 1x1's being polished but that can be fixed by limiting them. If you have so many 1x1 decos that the new system will actually hurt your city then your city is probably already hurting. I dont see a need to change anything in regards to the aid button and hope it is as popular live as it is in beta. Its nice logging into a fully m/p'd city.

DeletedUser9393

Hopefully, 1x1 decorations are excluded from the random polish ?
Upon further review I think "Aid" is a GREAT idea.
At first I was worried about my 150 Phoenix Statues sopping up unneeded polishes but they are of my earliest age so should be no problem.
Now next update, how about an "Aid All Friends" button and an "Aid all Neighbors" button.

DeletedUser

Currently there is no intent to make wishlists so that players can choose what the "Aid" feature will do in their city. This is not meant to replace M/P but rather to help those who do not have the time on a daily basis to help others or those whose devices are older and cannot very well go through multiple cities without overheating, crashing, or just generally having issues.

Well, that's stupid then. No intent means this is what were getting and its not open for discussion. For the gamers sake, man I hope you heard wrong. Devs- please dont introduce a game changer without considering its effect.

IT WILL REPLACE regular M/Ping when it comes out. People will start using this over the old way, almost every time. That's why it WILL need to be improved in future updates, with either toggles/configs set by user or at the least a better, smarter automatic system(premium buildings,event buildings,HOFs>reg buildings). I like decorations, and I dont want to have to rip them all out on account of this crappy automatic M/P system polishing them non-stop..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

Well, that's stupid then.

What's stupid about it? It just means players won't be able to modify the feature to meet their personal needs because it's not meant for that purpose. It's a quicker, less effective form of assistance, that's why it gets a separate name. Quite a number of players on Beta or EN are not using it and they're suggesting proposals that allows them to differentiate between the two, so that they can return with the standard M/P to those who did M/P them instead of Aiding them. No one's forcing the feature over any player, they choose whether they'll use it or not. Plus it's not effective for blue prints acquiring.

As for the preference algorithm, as pointed out previously suggestions are welcome on that front.

DeletedUser14017

What's stupid about it? It just means players won't be able to modify the feature to meet their personal needs because it's not meant for that purpose. It's a quicker, less effective form of assistance, that's why it gets a separate name. Quite a number of players on Beta or EN are not using it and they're suggesting proposals that allows them to differentiate between the two, so that they can return with the standard M/P to those who did M/P them instead of Aiding them. No one's forcing the feature over any player, they choose whether they'll use it or not. Plus it's not effective for blue prints acquiring.

As for the preference algorithm, as pointed out previously suggestions are welcome on that front.

Jesus people, if you don't like it don't use it. All your complaining buddies will still M/P your outdated buildings just like you asked. Only difference now is that people who don't have time on some day to give you the perfect little rub-down you so desire can at least do something instead of nothing. Ingrates.

Anyway, ThePhantom, I'm curious what you mean by being not effective for blueprint acquiring. Do you just mean you can't pick the age of the building you prefer, so you can't "hunt" as specifically as when you do it the ole' fashioned way?

Seems like a great tool for me to use. I'll opt for manual 90% of the time, but this will certainly help on those days I can't be on as long. Heaven forbid I miss someone's Bakery... (<--- sarcasm goes here)

DeletedUser2145

Do you just mean you can't pick the age of the building you prefer, so you can't "hunt" as specifically as when you do it the ole' fashioned way?

Yep, since the M/P is essentially random you'll be getting random BPs, you wouldn't be able to pick the age of the building to get BPs for a specific GB.

DeletedUser12495

edited for brevity

... this Aid feature will still work in your advantage. If you were getting 80 M/Ps per day and all of them were based on your preferences, now you'll be getting over 160 M/Ps per day because everyone can do it. In which case it doesn't matter if 30 of those M/Ps aren't based on your preferences, you'll still have additional M/Ps that will significantly improve your city's overall production.

i object, speculation!
there is no guarantee that my mp will double. but i digress.

i do agree that it is up to the player if they choose to use it.

as for me, guildies and friends will still get the old fashioned mp.
hoodies however is a different story. my system is go thru the news for the last 24 hours and mp hoodies that mp-ed my city acording to my desire. then i use the hood social bar and anyone left gets attacked.

DeletedUser2145

i object, speculation!
there is no guarantee that my mp will double. but i digress.

Everything people are saying here is speculation, the feature has yet to be added so basically it's all speculation. I'm only commenting because I play on Beta and have experience with it --- on the first day of this feature I received 6 pages of M/P events, as opposed to the collective 10 pages of M/P I received the four days before that. So if on average I was getting 2-3 pages, I got double/triple afterward.

Some folks believed that's only temporary because players were testing the feature when it was added. But today for example I have a 36 pages event log for the past 5 days. None of them are for trades, a few are from attacks, and several-ish are due to guildmates progressing in another age. Make that 34 or even 33 pages of M/P. That's still more than double from what I was receiving before, and it's also on a server where I don't have many friends (a total of 20), a number of my guildmates are inactive, and a lot of folks don't actively play there, they're just testing new things. So yes, the increase was significant for me.

Since the feature has not been added here though, everything so far's speculation. But just as players can bring the bad comments from the Beta servers, I can bring the good ones.

DeletedUser11779

Choice for either motivate or polish

It'd be nice for the player to have 2 simple priority options to guide the "aiders" helping their city:
· a toggle for polish (in 2 worlds, my cities are already at 120% so I would uncheck a box for auto-polishing with Aid)
· a 1st priority toggle between randomly motivating coin or production buildings.

This could all coincide with the highest age priority system that has been announced.

Just an idea of how to improve the priority system, which people will probably use very heavily once it's released. It's a cool addition to the game but it could use refinement.

I support this suggestion 100% and sincerely hope for its implementation.

DeletedUser1862

Yep, since the M/P is essentially random you'll be getting random BPs, you wouldn't be able to pick the age of the building to get BPs for a specific GB.
But you'll still likely be getting BPs from the highest age the person has. If you're looking for a specific age, the original system worked better then too, so there's really no problem or change.

DeletedUser

Currently there is no intent to make wishlists so that players can choose what the "Aid" feature will do in their city. This is not meant to replace M/P but rather to help those who do not have the time on a daily basis to help others or those whose devices are older and cannot very well go through multiple cities without overheating, crashing, or just generally having issues. In that way, this is not the feature that has been requested to make M/P easier. This is an additional easier option, and it's fully up to the player if they choose to do it.

If you wish your city to be fully optimized then you would need to make some adjustments for the Aid feature (such as losing decos/culturals and becoming dependent on polishing). Though you do not have to do that. Even with some cultural and decoration polishes that you would get, this Aid feature will still work in your advantage. If you were getting 80 M/Ps per day and all of them were based on your preferences, now you'll be getting over 160 M/Ps per day because everyone can do it. In which case it doesn't matter if 30 of those M/Ps aren't based on your preferences, you'll still have additional M/Ps that will significantly improve your city's overall production.

I know most of you won't like this... but I agree 100% with what he said and why this is being implemented... I say this mainly because for ME personally my net SUCKS, and there are days at a time that I just can not MP my guild, friends or etc... because my net is so bad that it takes forever to load cities, and in turn usually makes the game freeze or just time out. I think it SUCKS that I can't MP people daily like I would like too... so with this feature I WILL be able to regardless of how my net is acting. I will still MP by hand every chance I get for my friends and guildies, but on the days my net is acting up badly, I will probably use the aid button. Yeah my friends might not like getting something from me that is not what they want... but I am planning on messaging them all, and explaining it like this... would you rather not get anything from me for possibly 1-4 or even 5 days in a row like it has been in the past, or would you rather get something, anything from me on those days? I know my neighbors will like this, since I rarely MP my neighbors, since I just usually don't have the time or patience after getting all of my guild and friends... now it is just a click of a button, so yeah I will probably use the aid on neighbors.

All of this being said... I DO agree also that it would be nice to have a "wish list" and etc... I agree with a few posts here... but as it is, this is a nice addition for those like myself, or as ThePhantom said, those who have crap comps, or older ones... I know more then a few players who do and hate that they can't help more either...

DeletedUser14017

Maybe add a different news message for people who use the "Aid" feature?

"Hixton has Aid-Polished your Obelisk"

Or even better:

"Hixton has Aided your Butcher"

Since there is no real difference other than terminology between motivating and polishing.

This way, when someone M/P's a dumb and useless building we won't think they're absolute dingbats and just assume they were in a hurry.

Also, all the grouches can then just remove people from their friends list that use this "awfully awful" convenience.

On that note, is there ANY way to put a little number (perhaps just under their name or something) by/on people's pictures to let you know the last time they M/P'd you? That would be insanely useful in building a good friend list.

I'm in a guild of 80, with 50 in my 'hood, and a friends list of 94. It's REALLY hard to keep up with who is and isn't M/P-ing me.

I'd honestly prefer that OVER a wishlist feature that everyone is asking for because I'd rather build a community of people who constantly M/P, even if it's random, than a group of people where only a handful do it the "right" way.

Finally, I've looked at some fairly big cities and (although I'm in a newer world) I can't imagine people have more than 100 buildings in their city, even the biggest ones. (Those of you complaining about your 200 1x1 deco's... here's a hint, STOP BUILDING THEM and redesign your city to fit a large cultural building that will actually be more efficient and give less buildings to M/P) Of those buildings, most players will probably have 50%-80% newest age, why? Because they're better! If you're getting 80-160 AID M/P's a day you are more likely than not getting every single new age building done and probably each one from 2-3 ages prior. If you have something older than that, it's probably outdated anyway.

I dunno. I think people just like to complain... I'm all for it. But seriously, look into the last M/P counter feature, it would be SOOO helpful to everyone!

DeletedUser10806

Wouldn't it be wonderful if people just got rid of all the crappy 1x1 decos that they don't want polished, then we can use the aid button without fear of polishing something useless.

One of my pet hates (and I have a few) is trying to find something worthwhile to polish in a guild mates city that's stuffed full of trees and obelisks - that's why when I'm in a rush I'll go for motivate all the time.

Anyone in EMA and above should be shot (metaphorically speaking) if they still have obelisks!;)

DeletedUser1862

I actually intentionally put some of the 1x1 decos into my city for those who might come to my city looking for BPs of a certain age, but I'm thinking that I might want to remove most of those now with this feature added, get some space freed up and some of those 'useless' polishes out of the system.
I have obelisks/trees in my city when an event asks for them, but I usually get rid of them once the need for their limited bonus is not required (sometimes all I need is that little bit of happy to push me to the 120%).

DeletedUser8152

Also, maybe it's just me, but I do tend to end up with a few little 1x1 and 1x2 spaces. It certainly makes more sense to put decos there than to leave them empty. I wouldn't want to see decos gone from the game or anything.

lemonwedgie

Well, the sky isn't really falling. Using the Aid button is optional - some call it lazy but I think you'll get a better m/p than the lazy player who visits and just clicks the first thing they see.

I have encouraged my guild to m/p their guildies and close friends in the *old-fashioned* way, and use the aid button for second-tier friends and neighbours.

DeletedUser

From reading these remarks, it seems all thinking people see more detriment from this "new and improved" aspect of the game than pure benefit. Call me a grouch, but anyone who auto-mopos my city and I end up getting a lower-paying building motivated before a higher-paying one, or a building gets polished when my city is already always at 120%, will promptly be warned of removal from my friends list. Especially when it comes to an auto-polish in a city already at 120% where polish is completely wasted, I will lose absolutely nothing while they lose the exact mopo they want.

Without question, these formerly brilliant devs have found the worst possible way to implement what was one of the very best ideas proposed by their customer base. And they do seem to have forgotten they're dealing with customers. For the upcoming event, instead of setting aside the usual $100 to spend on the game, I'm keeping my money in my pocket. The devs seem to have taken a stupid pill, but I'm not following suit and also taking one.

Constable, you mention speculation. There should be none. Have the devs forgotten the importance of communication with customers? Are they making so much money they don't care to keep customers informed (very easily done, btw) and remove any speculation? If we're speculating, it's only their fault. I'm beginning to question the need of beta testing if the serious issues about which there is no speculation are ignored and major obvious flaws are auto-implemented.

Edit (addition): If decos are to be the devil's work with auto-mopo and we're being told to remove them from our cities, I'm hoping all the quests to add them are also removed from the game.

DeletedUser2145

Do tell, how can there be none? No matter how perfect of a description you get for any feature, assuming an outcome before you test the feature will always be speculation. Bringing comments from BETA from displeased players but no personal experience with the feature, to me that's spreading misinformation. And I did not mention speculation, I replied to someone else who brought it up. I am sorry you feel this way toward the feature, and thank you for your feedback. Any suggestions are welcome.

You mention importance of communication --- I see a lot of offense in yours, both toward the devs, all the people replying here who have stated a positive opinion toward the feature including myself. So, with all due respect, practice what you preach.

DeletedUser7289

I'm one who really supports the new "aid" button. Simply put, I do not have time to MP everyone. I play on 4 worlds; 40 to 70 guildmates on each, plus 50 or more friends on each. Taking "a few minutes" on each city adds up to more hours than I have gametime. And I know I'm not alone in this.
My guess is that everyone will end up getting so many more MP's, even if they aren't all ideal, that we'll be better off.

DeletedUser10755

From reading these remarks, it seems all thinking people see more detriment from this "new and improved" aspect of the game than pure benefit. Call me a grouch, but anyone who auto-mopos my city and I end up getting a lower-paying building motivated before a higher-paying one, or a building gets polished when my city is already always at 120%, will promptly be warned of removal from my friends list. Especially when it comes to an auto-polish in a city already at 120% where polish is completely wasted, I will lose absolutely nothing while they lose the exact mopo they want.

Without question, these formerly brilliant devs have found the worst possible way to implement what was one of the very best ideas proposed by their customer base. And they do seem to have forgotten they're dealing with customers. For the upcoming event, instead of setting aside the usual $100 to spend on the game, I'm keeping my money in my pocket. The devs seem to have taken a stupid pill, but I'm not following suit and also taking one.

Constable, you mention speculation. There should be none. Have the devs forgotten the importance of communication with customers? Are they making so much money they don't care to keep customers informed (very easily done, btw) and remove any speculation? If we're speculating, it's only their fault. I'm beginning to question the need of beta testing if the serious issues about which there is no speculation are ignored and major obvious flaws are auto-implemented.

Edit (addition): If decos are to be the devil's work with auto-mopo and we're being told to remove them from our cities, I'm hoping all the quests to add them are also removed from the game.

This isn't BK where you have it your way. Be grateful that we, as players, even have a platform TO communicate with anyone affiliated with the game that results in change. Instead of criticizing the devs and threatening to ostracize your friends list, try offering something constructive. Try not focusing on yourself so much and view the bigger picture; this added feature is an improvement over the current system and the majority of players will benefit greatly from it's implementation.