• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser6172

This isn't BK where you have it your way. Be grateful that we, as players, even have a platform TO communicate with anyone affiliated with the game that results in change. Instead of criticizing the devs and threatening to ostracize your friends list, try offering something constructive. Try not focusing on yourself so much and view the bigger picture; this added feature is an improvement over the current system and the majority of players will benefit greatly from it's implementation.
So they're serving Apple Pie and Motherhood at Burger King now??:evil:

The way I intend to use the new functionality is:
* Click on the city
* If there's nothing obvious to motivate nor polish
* Click on the Aid button

You CAN have your cake and eat it too.

DeletedUser10755

So they're serving Apple Pie and Motherhood at Burger King now??:evil:

The way I intend to use the new functionality is:
* Click on the city
* If there's nothing obvious to motivate nor polish
* Click on the Aid button

You CAN have your cake and eat it too.

Strange you have suggested something that is not only simple but sensible.

How dare you!!!

DeletedUser10517

The thing that baffles me is we have Winter Event then the Aid button coming tomorrow along with Treasure Hunt!

Aid Button will result in far more BPs being awarded
Winter Event gives out prizes
And the Treasure Hunt too.

Part of the beauty of this game WAS the fact that you had to WORK for what you get......now, its handed to you on a plate. Nerfed.

Wow was ruined when they made it easier.......this will go the same way.

DeletedUser5040

Inconsistent shorthand / acronyms and AID feature

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.40 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!

Your Forge of Empires Team

Aid feature is good. It'll save a couple of hours per day. I expect I'll be getting 75 - 100 P/M's per day rather than an average of 30 so overall I'll get more coins and supplies than ever before (and so will everyone else).

What' is an MIRV? Is it a Missile Artillery? Need to be consistent with your acronyms so us non geeks can figure out what you're talking about. And I didn't know it would hit up to 4 units. Where would one find that kind of information?

DeletedUser2145

What' is an MIRV? Is it a Missile Artillery? Need to be consistent with your acronyms so us non geeks can figure out what you're talking about. And I didn't know it would hit up to 4 units. Where would one find that kind of information?

A MIRV is a MIRV. :p It's a special ability, it can be applicable to multiple units not just a single one. Any unit that has the MIRV ability includes that description --- that it can hit up additional units. Additionally, you can find a description of all bonuses over here:
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...gs-amp-Units-2-0&p=47680&viewfull=1#post47680 (scroll down to 3. Special Bonuses)

DeletedUser10755

MIRV: Multiple Independently-targetable Reentry Vehicle. It's a type of ballistic missile used by advanced militaries. Check out the guides here on the forum, you will find nearly everything you will need to know.

DeletedUser4491

Also, maybe it's just me, but I do tend to end up with a few little 1x1 and 1x2 spaces. It certainly makes more sense to put decos there than to leave them empty. I wouldn't want to see decos gone from the game or anything.

How about putting a road in that space instead of deco? That way you still gain happy without having something that could potentially be polished (based on you not wanting deco polished of course).

- - - Updated - - -

On that note, is there ANY way to put a little number (perhaps just under their name or something) by/on people's pictures to let you know the last time they M/P'd you? That would be insanely useful in building a good friend list.

I'm in a guild of 80, with 50 in my 'hood, and a friends list of 94. It's REALLY hard to keep up with who is and isn't M/P-ing me.

I'd honestly prefer that OVER a wishlist feature that everyone is asking for because I'd rather build a community of people who constantly M/P, even if it's random, than a group of people where only a handful do it the "right" way.

There was a suggestion at one point somewhere in the forum to use a color code to indicate when a player had last polivated you. Can't remember exactly what the proposal was but something along the lines of green-yellow-red outline of the box.

DeletedUser

As far as I am concerned SoK and HoF should ALWAYS have top billing. They directly affect Me and the Guild (Me Again).

Decorations (Normal or special) should NEVER be on the list (execpt for the Egg Event). The benifit of MPing a decoration has the LEAST effect in any of my cities.
NOTE: After checking all my worlds, the comment MOST posted -- IS -- "NO DECORATIONS"

After that it will be a kettle of worms in coding as to which Premimum, Special Event and other types of buildings are selected, so RANDOM seems reasonable AFTER Sok and HoF have been motivated.

In a different thread, jaelis posted

I do agree it would be great if polishes turned off when your citizens were enthusiastic. We can certainly ask for that, but I guess anything more detailed is not going to happen.

This seems very reasonable.

DeletedUser

1ST off all would have been nice to receive a time scale been waiting all morning and the update still has not happened.

second ... those who keep complaining about foe you know were the door is if you don't like it then go play else were all you do is moan moan moan foe have done a fantastic job and continue to make the game better continue to improve game play and continue to expand the game itself well done foe

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, and I don't want to read through all of the replies here, but under 'Treasure Hunt', the second sentence says: The hunt includes random prices... and I think it's a typo that should be prizes?

Upon logging in, I received the message 'this world is being updated', and when I was able to get logged in afterwards, I did not see any of the changes mentioned in the change log.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11237

So, no aid button?
Still have to visit the cities, and instead of "polish" and "motivate" options, both options are labeled "aid"

What happened to beta testing this stuff?

DeletedUser12391

Upon logging in, I received the message 'this world is being updated', and when I was able to get logged in afterwards, I did not see any of the changes mentioned in the change log.

Yep, this ^

I saw the Motivate and Polish labels were changed to AID, but that's it.

DeletedUser11237

Treasure hunt has appeared, but only in one world

At the moment, I am assuming this is meant to be the case, just like the free monolith only appeared in the first world you logged in to

Lord Lilbit

There's no real changes here folks. The AID button was suppose to appear on the game screen under the players profile picture, but it's not there. As you see you basically still have to go through all the steps to p/m as before. I quit p/m'ing because it was taking too long to get everybody done, i won't be again until this is fixed. Also... under the profile picture on the main screen where the new AID button was suppose to go, Inno should split the Aid button in two, one would say AID M, the other AID P. I shouldn't have to explain that.
Patrick

DeletedUser2145

Some features need to be activated manually. So, even though the update may have added them, they're still not appearing as they haven't been activated. I'm sure they'll be added shortly. :)

lemonwedgie

Ohhh! I see it on B but it makes absolutely no sense .... I was doing my m/p run as I entered the city the aid button is under each option (motivate or polish) .... whats the point if I still have to enter the city? Oh, and it didn't work ....