• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser14128

I have had little experience with MAC's. Have you considered doing some Google and seeing if there are some TWICKS that can be done on the MAC that would help. I have used Google on some PC matters and have found PC GURU forums that have given me good advice and information (such as getting more RAM for my PC's).

Appreciate the input Sanderson. My basic point is that yesterday, I was having no computer issues, today I'm having major computer issues, and I've heard from other players that they are as well. So before I go spending time in blogs, I would prefer a meaningful response from an FoE person that speaks to more than the fact that HA is mandatory for all computers. I get that its mandatory, my questions are: (1) why, and will FoE please reconsider; and (2) what are users supposed to do who are experiencing significant computer performance issues as a result of this change?

DeletedUser8152

I don't have any special information, but I'm pretty sure the answer to (1) is: they might change it if they get enough complaints, but it won't change any time soon, and for (2) contact support about your problem and ask for help. They may or may not have anything useful to offer, but whatever help is available, they will have it.

DeletedUser14128

I don't have any special information, but I'm pretty sure the answer to (1) is: they might change it if they get enough complaints, but it won't change any time soon, and for (2) contact support about your problem and ask for help. They may or may not have anything useful to offer, but whatever help is available, they will have it.

Yea, contacted support, the last response I received after being told it was now mandatory was:
[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Appreciate the input Sanderson. My basic point is that yesterday, I was having no computer issues, today I'm having major computer issues, and I've heard from other players that they are as well. So before I go spending time in blogs, I would prefer a meaningful response from an FoE person that speaks to more than the fact that HA is mandatory for all computers. I get that its mandatory, my questions are: (1) why, and will FoE please reconsider; and (2) what are users supposed to do who are experiencing significant computer performance issues as a result of this change?

I must have missed that your computer was working fine BEFORE the release.

I am not sure how Flash Player works on a MAC, but do you know if you have the latest version.

You might want to contact support with your system Information (Settings (2 cogs - lower left) - About Tab - then use the Copy to Clipboard function and put that info into your Contact Message.

Also if you have Friend using MAC's to play FOE and are having the same problem, have then do the same thing (that way you show that you are not the only MAC player having problems)

The Above procedure I have used in the past and with multiple players sending information you might get faster Results.

Also you might want to post in the BUGS forum (with the above Clipboard info put into your post) and ask other MAC players do the same.

The additional information may help the DEVs located if there is a MAC/Flash Player problem.

DeletedUser11237

Well, now we have the problem of too many quest icons.
3 regular quest icons, Frosty quest icon, winter prize icon, treasure hunt icon....
This means that only the top of the "motivate all" icon is visible, and the crate icon to show if goods are available to collect cannot be seen at all.

Well done Beta testers. You really spotted that issue well.

DeletedUser14128

I must have missed that your computer was working fine BEFORE the release.

I am not sure how Flash Player works on a MAC, but do you know if you have the latest version.

You might want to contact support with your system Information (Settings (2 cogs - lower left) - About Tab - then use the Copy to Clipboard function and put that info into your Contact Message.

Also if you have Friend using MAC's to play FOE and are having the same problem, have then do the same thing (that way you show that you are not the only MAC player having problems)

The Above procedure I have used in the past and with multiple players sending information you might get faster Results.

Also you might want to post in the BUGS forum (with the above Clipboard info put into your post) and ask other MAC players do the same.

The additional information may help the DEVs located if there is a MAC/Flash Player problem.

Thanks Sanderson, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

DeletedUser

With the stupid pill taken by the devs and now receiving random mopo I don't need, I am quitting the game. That "feature" is a great way to make your customers miserable and take their money with them as they walk out the door. What idiots.

lemonwedgie

I want to see more interaction, more choices for play styles, more things to do; this fails on all counts. The treasure hunt needs to go.
I agree, more interaction ... was disappointed we didn't have to do anything in this treasure hunt.

*off topic* why is your name blue Mike? Are you a smurf :D I like smurfs!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I love the new Aid button, makes life so much easier and so far guildies have said that overall they are happy with what got hit.

DeletedUser

W...T...F...!...

What idiot turned on this (still broken as hell) "Hardware Accelleration" AND took away the possibillity to turn it OFF?!

DeletedUser9732

On the aid button - it's still new, so force of habit has led me to aid instead of attack 3 times now. It would be nice if neighborhoods had the attack/aid buttons reversed. Or aid confirmation?

DeletedUser

It should NEVER have replaced the Attack/Support-button; The Aid-button should've been placed where the Attack-button is now.

DeletedUser

So much for diamond buildings being hit first, as I read here would be the case. I've been polished twelve times now and each of those times a diamond building previously motivated went untouched. And my city is maintained at 120% by me. I don't need polish!

That was a really huge stupid pill swallowed by the devs. What was the point of beta testing if this is the useless trash delivered to customers? I've received absolutely no useful mopo so far today. None!

DeletedUser

Diamond buildings were never mentioned as priority in any post I have seen. Please provides sources.

DeletedUser2145

No special privilege is given to diamond buildings. Who has said anything about that? If it's mentioned in the thread discussing what the best priority should be, those are SUGGESTIONS, not actual facts from the game. Diamond buildings count as any other building with the already explained procedure:

1. Shrine of Knowledge, Oasis, Tiger's Den - random M/P from one of them
2. If you don't have any of the above buildings or they're m/p-ed, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your current age
3. If you no longer have any current age buildings available, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your previous age
4. Etc. It goes down age by age and gives you a random M/P.

DeletedUser

I love the new Aid system. The drastic reduction in time(about 85%) is awesome. The quantity increase in motivations/polishes was enough to increase the overall quality of the motivations/polishes that my city received.

DeletedUser

My main issue with AID is that Hall of Fame is not in the priority list. I would like decos to be ruled out but the increase in MP traffic makes up for it most days. The more people that use AID the less decos will matter. IMO HoF should certainly be added to the priority list though.

TroyEdward

Between my 3 cities I can say with all confidence that I HATE THIS AID BUTTON!

I have more decorations and Cultural items polished in EVERY CITY than anything! And in NONE of my cities do I need or even want any Polish. I manage my enthusiasm to never need a Polish.

DeletedUser8152

I have to say I have mixed feelings about the Aid thing. I always felt that part of the point of MPing was the effort you put into it, and the chance to see what's up in people's cities. Of course I can still do that, but the convenience of aid is pretty overwhelming. And even if I do, I won't get the same warm fuzzies about people visiting me :) But, it surely is convenient, and I should be able to take down a fair amount of happiness buildings if this keeps up.

On the other side, if you are going to use aid, I'm not so sure I see a reason any more not to have a single button for each of your guild, friends, and hood, to just aid all of them at once. I've argued against that before for the reasons explained above, but now that it just takes 5 minutes to run your guild with aid, why not make it 5 seconds and one click?

DeletedUser

I haven't been too long in the game but this AID button might be one of the worst ideas ever in a game. I work my city to not need polish and now not only I get mostly polishes but on top of that they mostly seem to go to decorations. Very useful feature indeed, guys...

Besides that, if you want to return a visit and make a useful mopo they force you to leave the news screen, look for the player and then visit. No way to visit from the event. Simply awful...