• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser11220

This is the clearest explanation of the issue I've seen (though I've missed some posts in all this). I respect this complaint. You thought the old way was fun in a way it won't be now.

So... given a choice between buggy performance with clockturn at 8pm, and clean evening performance without clockturn, would you rather have the bugs? They aren't fun either, so it's a question of lesser evils.

Sure, Inno could upgrade their servers to handle the load. They could buy me a new car too. But I imagine their priority is to keep us entertained without losing money at it :)

It Very clear you are not knowledgeable enough to speak to this issue, and now you are asking questions of us as if you are empowered to make a change? and then you are making flippant comments about buying cars... and in your last comment you seem to suggest that Inno is loosing money? or would if they purchased enough hardware to make the game function as intended? at this point are you just spouting garbage?

DeletedUser11209

This is the clearest explanation of the issue I've seen (though I've missed some posts in all this). I respect this complaint. You thought the old way was fun in a way it won't be now.

So... given a choice between buggy performance with clockturn at 8pm, and clean evening performance without clockturn, would you rather have the bugs? They aren't fun either, so it's a question of lesser evils.

Sure, Inno could upgrade their servers to handle the load. They could buy me a new car too. But I imagine their priority is to keep us entertained without losing money at it :)

See?

You dont understand the game as its being played by the folks who show up.

You know how many fights I got tonight on the GvG maps? A big fat zero.

The universal time to show up for GvG fighting is now in the A.M.

They were all done at 10am this morning.......and tomorrow we all go back to work. We will get home to look at protected tiles.

Gastinay and I fought today at 10am. My side had 3 folks fighting. Not sure what he had. I was disconnected 3 times. Had 1 internal error and the lag STILL sucked.

Sooooo, I dont know what your talking about.

I'll say this again, you guys dont understand the mechanics of the game at that level.

Its a shame really.

Your maps were dead all thru prime time hours.

One would think your trying to kill your own effin game.

DeletedUser11220

What really Bothers me here is that we are talking to a person who is in theory going to try to explain our issues and its CLEAR they have no idea how this game works... Its as if we are trying to tell a 12 year old all about how a rocket ship should work so that the same 12 year old can go back to the engineers and tell them how to build the rocket.... imagine how that would turn out

DeletedUser8152

I don't tell the devs anything, so no worries on that score. I just like to understand how different people play the game.

DeletedUser10789

ANSWER: YES, I believe if this server is truly based or meant to be based here in the good old USA then it makes sense to have a time where the majority of players can and will fight in GvG. Just as you have now learned above to understand why the calc. time is important to most all guilds. Those that are not based here in the USA, when playing on a USA based or meant to be based server need to understand why those of us here in the USA prefer to fight when all of the people who want to fight in a guild CAN and NOT forced into it at 10am est., when a majority of people are working.

ALSO, there is a simple and easy fix. De-couple it, like A Wiggin has stated OR EVEN EASIER that that, INNO slow down on running commercials every hour on the hour and make it every other hour and take the savings into UPGRADING the servers and put something back into the game. I believe we can all agree, we like the game, just don't do things UN-ANNOUNCED and for the complete LACK of thought to the people who actually pay the salaries of INNO and make the communication paramount to the players and the game decision makers. As a former big boss of a company, there is one thing I never forgot, "the customer is always right". This is evident due to the game having NO PLAYERS, no revenue, no demand, no money for profits.

There you have it. Multiple solutions to the lack of a plan thought out.

My 2 cents worth and please advise as to an outcome. I feel as though the game should re-pay those guilds who lost goods due to the game's in-ability to give proper notice to them of there dumb idea of changing things on the fly. Come on INNO, you people should make this right and do the right thing for your players, whom you need to remember, pay your salaries.

DeletedUser16422

This is horrible. Much strategy goes in to the timing with recalc. I am on the West Coast and also in Alaska/Hawaii time for 1 week ever 5 weeks... This means that recalc is at 6AM/7AM. We schedule sieges at recalc -1 hour on a routine basis. There is no way the west coast of the United States and Canada can contribute at these ridiculous times. I understand that people all over the world play this game but there have to be places in the middle of Mongolia that you can screw over with bad timing.... not Phoenix, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver B.C. which have some of the largest populations in North America. Please consider moving it back to the evening when everyone is home from work.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, just to let you know that we are reading all your feedback. We do understand your concerns and this information is being passed back to the developers and PMs.

The change was felt necessary to address the issues with game performance around reset. As the letter from the devs posted recently mentioned, there is more development planned for GvG in the future, and this may also incorporate changes to the coding to address these issues, however this cannot be done quickly, and a quick solution was felt necessary. This does not necessarily rule out a different solution in the future, and as I said your feedback is passed on and will be considered. At present this is all the information we can give.

DeletedUser23258

The problem with this generic response is you call it a quick solution. It isn't a solution unless you actually fixed something. All that was done was moving the recalc time. We still experience all the same problems: lag, game freezing up, and internal errors. These problems aren't limited to recalc time. It is any time there are several players on fighting GvG. I have seen no improvement to game performance so stop saying you had to do a quick fix. We would much rather have the buggy issues and recalc time be 8 pm when we can get together as a guild. You have effectively killed our sense of community.

DeletedUser11209

Jaelis, please DO talk to the devs. Pass along a big F U, from us to them.

Staarzaan, any changes that include moving re Calc from prime time......suck now, and will suck then.

Again, I don't see you running your adds in off hours.

Colb777

Hey guys, just to let you know that we are reading all your feedback. We do understand your concerns and this information is being passed back to the developers and PMs.

The change was felt necessary to address the issues with game performance around reset. As the letter from the devs posted recently mentioned, there is more development planned for GvG in the future, and this may also incorporate changes to the coding to address these issues, however this cannot be done quickly, and a quick solution was felt necessary. This does not necessarily rule out a different solution in the future, and as I said your feedback is passed on and will be considered. At present this is all the information we can give.

I truly hope you're right Starzaan, because you're one of the staff I've spoken to with technical knowledge.

This ultimately does come down to a business decision and I think Inno has made a poor one.

I can appreciate the other side of things where Inno wants us to adapt to changes but I'd like to point out that both Gastinay and VP961 were very active and strong participants in this game before other changes were made. Some we did not like (attack GBs) and others we loved (introduction of GvG). The 3 of us from one world were not the only ones though. Players like Saotis69, Hicky, Arturs III, BSS21, Sam4974, Werner12, 1nTIMINDat0r, Meat Butcher, Holymaker, ThePalaceKing and countless others have all been active and been through. While we all together haven't paid for EVERYTHING, we have paid and in anticipation things like Guild Wars.

I never would have built Deal Castle, St. Basils or Observatory GBs if GvG hadn't existed. I would likely have still super-leveled my Alcatraz but nowhere near as fast with all the diamonds I spent on unlocking other levels of it. I never would have used diamonds to heal troops, buy tickets to win items in events or win extra champion/rogue buildings. I (and I know I'm not alone here) centered our gaming on the fact that we'd all get to battle each night. Unfortunately that has now been taken away from us.

Gamewise the best case scenario is that some of us will enjoy attacking our neighbors again? I doubt it...

The reason no "proposal" has been created by myself or the majority of others is because we don't need you to change anything except move reset back to where it belongs. Inno can EASILY afford the hardware software changes I mentioned... this isn't a multi-million dollar suggestion. It's fixing the tires after years of wear and tear, cracks in the paint and windshield, not a new car at all.

DeletedUser11497

This is a US Sever so dropping the bubbles on protected sectors at 10AM makes it all but impossible for anyone working during "normal business hours" in the US to defend them. Separate daily calculation, from sector protection if you can't handle the server loads. Figure out how to handle the server loads! It's really not that hard. There are under 6000 active players in A-world. Less than a third actively participate in GvG. The "loads" aren't that great.

This dramatically changes the way the game is played. I am certain you will lose players.

DeletedUser23144

THEN WORK AROUND IT DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING QUIT WHINING ABOUT THE TIME. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH TIME THOSE THAT DOES NEEDS TO RELEARN TO LEARN TO WORK AROUND IT!!!! SO ONE MORE TIME DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING, PERIOD. HERE ENDS THE STATEMENTS SHEEESH!

DeletedUser9732

The problem with this generic response is you call it a quick solution. It isn't a solution unless you actually fixed something. All that was done was moving the recalc time. We still experience all the same problems: lag, game freezing up, and internal errors. These problems aren't limited to recalc time. It is any time there are several players on fighting GvG. I have seen no improvement to game performance so stop saying you had to do a quick fix. We would much rather have the buggy issues and recalc time be 8 pm when we can get together as a guild. You have effectively killed our sense of community.

Exactly this - this is in no way a solution. As the saying goes, don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining. At best, it is a horrible attempt at a work-around. At worst, deliberate sabotage against those who like competition in GvG. General GvG will be worse off, and I imagine weekend recalc GvG will get even more unplayable as everyone who would be trying throughout the week jumps in all at once. Since you know, it isn't like you did anything to address the stability/load issues.

There have been many suggestions in this thread. I'd suggest actually thinking about a solution before just jumping in and throwing a quick monkey wrench in ( again ). The one that merits the most consideration ( IMO ) is upgrading your servers - if you can't handle the load, wouldn't getting things together so that you actually can make an incredible amount of sense?

Unrelated - @Dylan777, just add him to your ignore list, every single post he does is in caps.

*Arturis*

On the topic:
I feel that this new recalculation time is here to stay. This decision has been quick to shove down our throat without any input from the game community, for this action alone, is there a need for this feedback thread? We all know what the problem/issue is yet there is nothing to attempt to bring back the old calculation time. I can swallow the % reduction of our attack GBs, but this one won't sit well with me as it took me out from enjoying GvG with my guildmates, there is not much to do "playing" this game other than farming to eternity.

THEN WORK AROUND IT DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING QUIT WHINING ABOUT THE TIME. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH TIME THOSE THAT DOES NEEDS TO RELEARN TO LEARN TO WORK AROUND IT!!!! SO ONE MORE TIME DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING DO IT WHEN UR NOT WORKING, PERIOD. HERE ENDS THE STATEMENTS SHEEESH!
This guys should be banned from the forum for spamming and trolling. I am adding him to ignore list.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10789

So you are saying this is all the information you want to give or are willing to offer.? There is a huge difference. One is, tuff everyone, get with the program. Two is, we are trying to figure out how we can change things back due to a BIG MESS UP ON OUR PART.

I am offended by the lack of notice on any of this and to put out a thread, saying well we have other things planned is a nice way of saying "tuff that's the way we want it". To me it is simple, "the company" didn't fix anything you just changed the time to allow for less lag on a server. Which was mission accomplished. You still have a BROKEN ISSUE, that needs to be address. You are tantamount of placing a Band-Aid on a wound that needs stitches. De-Couple the two like that has been suggested or change it back to allow the MAJORITY of the USA players play the way they have. All you did was HURT the game and RUIN the integrity of a system whereby, you make the false assumption to the players of the game that they actually have a voice in the game. In one day, you have managed to have over 18 pages of people saying it is a BAD IDEA and still nothing DONE. This standard boilerplate response is typical for any and all corporations.

Please tell us you will fix this and allow all of us to enjoy our GUILD TIME together planning on attacks for sectors we want. The game has changed the rules mid-stream and with NO NOTICE what so ever. Is it only me, but that is about the worst part of this whole thing. Someone decides let's do this and we can do what we want because we run the game. Well, news flash, all the advertising in the world will not stop the word spreading about how poorly you are treating your customer and people who pay your salaries. The time has come to step up and do the right thing. Fix the CORE PROBLEM and give us the USA players what we had before, FUN TIME with our guilds fighting.

BRING BACK THE FUN to PRIMETIME.

DeletedUser8944

So many things changed about GvG from what it was in the beginning, I would have to say this and the Aggressive NPC being abolished are the two worst ideas they have come up with and it has already started to drive off players and GvG is now so boring and the only thing to do is login and collect and spend FP. *slowly claps* good job INNO for screwing up the game, also the new message system is horrible hope you don't send it live and realize your mistakes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9184

Ill second this as well... especially as the new mail system is a failure in Beta and no one wants it... and yet they are rolling it to europe now. Europe is pissed and INNO does not care in fact they are deleting comments in Europe just because it has not rolled yet.
That is completely false. The new mail system is not being implemented on EN yet since not everything has been even implemented on beta (lots of complaints regarding it were already mentioned is going to be addressed). No one has even commented on it (on the 1.60 discussion thread at least) on EN.

EDIT: Someone has commented on it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11220

That is completely false. The new mail system is not being implemented on EN yet since not everything has been even implemented on beta (lots of complaints regarding it were already mentioned is going to be addressed). No one has even commented on it (on the 1.60 discussion thread at least) on EN.

awesome ... glad to here it!.....guess they cant try to loose everyone all at once!

- - - Updated - - -

let me add to that... so since you seem to be in the know.... are they gonna make it work to peoples satisfaction before it gets rolled out? I only ask based on the history of ... well almost everything they have ever rolled out!

DeletedUser11220

Here is a great quote from the EN servers... this is from somene named Tankovy

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by queen of sheeba
seriously? how much feedback is needed? most players here want the reset back at 8pm.

As much as possible, the more players we get on here voicing their opinion the better picture the CM's can present to Inno and the more likely this will become a high priority issue. Obviously many people are going to be repeating the same message but it makes a bigger impact coming from hundreds/thousands of players than 50 or so (I'm not saying that any change requires so many but it does make for a larger impact). With the help of this thread the CM's can not only say "lots of people want this changed back" but they can point them to this thread and physically show them the number of people that want this change. This is why it's important to keep posts on-topic and why it's important to add your voice to issues that matter even when what you think has been said.

So what the heck (insert a better word here) do the CM's need to present to Inno... are they so freaking detached that they don't monitor or play their own game? and at least here i can say for sure that some of our mods do not play enough to have a working knowledge of the game..... and why is yet again another Mod so detached that they would think that hundreds/thousands of people are gonna comment? and ohh my god... ill be happy to, and I quote " physically show them the number of people that want this change" just give me the mail address of a stake holder at Inno and I can guarantee thousands of emails

DeletedUser9184

let me add to that... so since you seem to be in the know.... are they gonna make it work to peoples satisfaction before it gets rolled out? I only ask based on the history of ... well almost everything they have ever rolled out!
That I do not know. It likely won't be what everyone is expecting, but it should be more improved than what we have now