• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser23235

WHY NOT? CUZ IT DOESN'T FIT INTO THEIR LIFESTYLE? BULL U CAN CHANGE IF U WANT TO PLAY THE GAME.....I KNOW IM GOING TO GET SOME SLACK FOR THIS BUT OH WELL HERE GOES......JUST PLAY AND CHANGE UR TIME AND S-H-U-T-U-P QUIT COMPLAINING...THERE THROW IT OUT THERE GUYS IM WAITING:):D:laugh::p:razz:[/QUOTE]

OK I lose/quit my job to play FOE, not going to happen... some people have lives and don't go around trolling/ living in their moms basement playing FOE all day. It doesn't just happen overnight like you think it would

Also why the caps lock? I feel like your yelling at me and the other people on the forum.

DeletedUser23144

WHY NOT? CUZ IT DOESN'T FIT INTO THEIR LIFESTYLE? BULL U CAN CHANGE IF U WANT TO PLAY THE GAME.....I KNOW IM GOING TO GET SOME SLACK FOR THIS BUT OH WELL HERE GOES......JUST PLAY AND CHANGE UR TIME AND S-H-U-T-U-P QUIT COMPLAINING...THERE THROW IT OUT THERE GUYS IM WAITING:):D:laugh::p:razz:

OK I lose/quit my job to play FOE, not going to happen... some people have lives and don't go around trolling/ living in their moms basement playing FOE all day. It doesn't just happen overnight like you think it would

Also why the caps lock? I feel like your yelling at me and the other people on the forum.[/QUOTE]

IM NOT GOING TO KEEP EXPLAINING MY CAPS SO THAT ONE OUT OF THE ?:mad: SECOND I DIDN'T SAY TO LOSE OR QUIT UR JOB, I SAID TO CHANGE UR TIME TO PLAY THE GAME, I.E. AFTER U GET OFF WORK OR WEEKEND THERE A DIFFERENCE,, THIRD I DON'T LIVE IN MY MOTHERS BASEMENT SHE DEAD, DIED 5 YEARS AGO SO I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT COMMENT AT ALL:mad::(, SECOND IM DISABLED I ALSO LIVE IN HOMELESS SHELTER:(, SO YEA I CAN PLAY ALL DAY. TROLLING? TO BE A TROLL U HAVE TO BE A DUMB BRUTE LIKE IN THE MOVIES IN LORD OF THE RINGS OR HARRY POTTER:evil::mad: SORRY!!!! NOT ME!!!:mad::evil:BUT GIVE ME A CLUB AND ILL SHOW U HOW HARD I CAN HIT:):D:laugh::p

DeletedUser1084

We appreciate all comments here about the time change. Know that we understand your concerns and frustrations about this and are going to pass this on to the decision makers of the game.

One thing that may help is to make a proposal on the forum about this or add to one that may already be there. In the main public forums, you will find a section called Proposals where you can propose your idea for public discussion. A proper proposal that gets backed by the community will go a very long way in making changes to the game, even re changes.

Please also know, that this does not have to be the "end of the world". Try and see this as a new challenge in the game, one to be thought on and overcame, like so many challenges in any game.

There are many games online that totally change the layout of the game to mix it up and makes things fresh again. Much like when GVG first started and no one knew exactly the best ways to do battles, yet. There will be ways to overcome this and develop new tactics and techniques for fighting in GVG.

DeletedUser23144

We appreciate all comments here about the time change. Know that we understand your concerns and frustrations about this and are going to pass this on to the decision makers of the game.

One thing that may help is to make a proposal on the forum about this or add to one that may already be there. In the main public forums, you will find a section called Proposals where you can propose your idea for public discussion. A proper proposal that gets backed by the community will go a very long way in making changes to the game, even re changes.

Please also know, that this does not have to be the "end of the world". Try and see this as a new challenge in the game, one to be thought on and overcame, like so many challenges in any game.

There are many games online that totally change the layout of the game to mix it up and makes things fresh again. Much like when GVG first started and no one knew exactly the best ways to do battles, yet. There will be ways to overcome this and develop new tactics and techniques for fighting in GVG.

THANK YOU! I WAS WONDERING WHEN THEY WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING

DeletedUser11220

WOW, Your suggestion is that we propose that you roll back the worst decision the lackluster developers have ever made? that lunacy.... I propose that YOU PROPOSE changes like this to the public that pays for this game before you once again show your disdain of the customers...
Your solution that we fill out a form in the proper manner is ludicrous... Ill propose that from now on you propose anything you want to say to us in a Proposal.... Jesus!

Frankly sir you are offensive!

DeletedUser9433

A new challenge you say? I suppose the challenge to this change would be to ask my boss for an hour off early in the work morning so I may fight in GvG. Are you serious? I have seen some spin before but this particular spin fails on all levels.

DeletedUser23144

A new challenge you say? I suppose the challenge to this change would be to ask my boss for an hour off early in the work morning so I may fight in GvG. Are you serious? I have seen some spin before but this particular spin fails on all levels.

SERIOUSLY???!!!! DO IT WHEN U GET OFF WORK THAT THE CHALLENGE DO IT WHEN U GET OFF WORK OR UR LUNCH BREAK SHEESH PEOPLE

DeletedUser11609

A new challenge would have been Inno properly decoupling Hex protection from recalc.
Suggesting we write a "properly formatted proposal" when you didn't even care about our input in the first place is just insulting.
This wasn't about making things "Fresh", this was about Inno's unwillingness to invest in actual code, and their willingness to put a band-aid instead of actually fixing the issue.

DeletedUser11209

This change shows the Devs either don't understand the protected tile mechanic or don't care about the hardcore GvG players. Either one is unacceptable.

I mean come on, Inno just took GvG out of Prime Time. Who in the world looks to take their business out of prime time? Maybe you should run your adds on TV at the same time you want us on your GvG maps. Off hours.

There is about a half hour of fast paced excitement available in this game. That is at re calc, when 2 guilds are ready and lined up before the bell, and tee off on each other when it goes off. The hardcore players prefer this action. Would prefer to attack a tile that is being defended, rather than trying weasel a tile when the opposing guild is not on. Re calc is that universal time when we all know to show up in guild chat. Inno just took that away from many, many players.

The fact that you ask us to submit a proposal is a joke. You can put it up for a vote and the casual players may not even care....but trust and believe what you are hearing, your hardcore base is pissed.

You want us to go away? We can do that. There were so many other fixes that could of been implemented to smooth out this game at re calc, but you just threw the baby out with the bathwater.

It's time to treat this game like the troll in this thread that types in all caps. FREEEEEEE.

Low rent move Inno, low rent.

Colb777

Reply to VP961

This change shows the Devs either don't understand the protected tile mechanic or don't care about the hardcore GvG players. Either one is unacceptable.

I mean come on, Inno just took GvG out of Prime Time. Who in the world looks to take their business out of prime time? Maybe you should run your adds on TV at the same time you want us on your GvG maps. Off hours.

There is about a half hour of fast paced excitement available in this game. That is at re calc, when 2 guilds are ready and lined up before the bell, and tee off on each other when it goes off. The hardcore players prefer this action. Would prefer to attack a tile that is being defended, rather than trying weasel a tile when the opposing guild is not on. Re calc is that universal time when we all know to show up in guild chat. Inno just took that away from many, many players.

The fact that you ask us to submit a proposal is a joke. You can put it up for a vote and the casual players may not even care....but trust and believe what you are hearing, your hardcore base is pissed.

You want us to go away? We can do that. There were so many other fixes that could of been implemented to smooth out this game at re calc, but you just threw the baby out with the bathwater.

It's time to treat this game like the troll in this thread that types in all caps. FREEEEEEE.

Low rent move Inno, low rent.

I am (proud to admit) a friend of VP961. We have always been honest and forthright with one another and as a result, even when our opinions differ have managed to maintain our friendship. However in this case, my friendship has done nothing to influence my agreement with him and many others in this thread.

As mentioned, many players are not competitive, so the change in recalculation time bothers them to no extent at all. Thanks to websites that publish our fight counts I'd say your "premium" or diamond players are probably the most active of all though and from what I can see based on their cities buildings, GB-Levels, special events prizes or any other indication that they're your base when it comes to generating income, you've angered the wrong crowd.

Would it be nice for ALL of us who pay for this game to once see a change that benefits US above them? When you neutered our Attack GBs in exchange for adding more to our defenses we were mad... but accepted it because you were in the process of introducing Guild Wars. This time what are we getting? More Elevnar ads and spam to go check out Tribal Wars 2?

This is a huge mistake and I see no reason to submit a proposal because your top people already know what to do
BUY OR INCREASE PERFORMANCE OF SERVERS, CORE NETWORK SWITCHES, (perhaps some flow traffic optimization software). ADD RAM, PROCESSORS, SSDs to THE SERVERS a NAS OR SAN for DATA STORAGE.... AND FIX IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY!!!!!.... with newer technology

yeah ALL CAPS IS AWESOME... REAL NEAT-EE-O STUFFF

Inno Technicians/Tech staff, if any of you are reading this, I can even design you a Server/Chassis system for FREE.. you can have my work audited by whoever does the hardware purchases etc. Not only will you be able to handle reset whenever and maintain some dignity off half the stupid glitches we end up seeing fixes to every 2nd week

Here's a start, check out these products.... HP C7000 Chassis, Stocked with BL460C Proliant Blade Servers... Add proper RAM, Processors, SSD Drives etc.... It costs more than whatever Dell/White Box systems you have running this now but it will fail about 0.0000% of the time

DeletedUser11209

Ha !

Funny Dyllan. Yeah, we agree 50% of the time. We have actually been fighting with Gastinays guild for the better part of year. At least we can all agree this a joke.

Nice fight today Gastinay. Race you home from work tomorrow....or we can just wait til next weekend to do it again.

Or maybe I'll just stay home from work and see how many adds Inno runs during The Young and Restless.

I loathe the thought of even having to make an acct to log in here but I guess every now and then the people in charge do things that are so out of touch, they force you to speak up.

While you guys are doing non sensical stuff like make "proposals" and voting on the absurd, I'll be looking for my XBox.....

DeletedUser5948

I myself completely disagree with the change. This new reclac time is perfect for a guild of retire folks but not for most players.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but, in order to spread the server peak load, why not use a different recalc time for every age.

There are currently 11 different ages in GvG. You could start at 6pm for Iron Age, 15 min later EMA, 15 min later HMA and so on ...

DeletedUser11220

Ha !

Funny Dyllan. Yeah, we agree 50% of the time. We have actually been fighting with Gastinays guild for the better part of year. At least we can all agree this a joke.

Nice fight today Gastinay. Race you home from work tomorrow....or we can just wait til next weekend to do it again.

Or maybe I'll just stay home from work and see how many adds Inno runs during The Young and Restless.

I loathe the thought of even having to make an acct to log in here but I guess every now and then the people in charge do things that are so out of touch, they force you to speak up.

While you guys are doing non sensical stuff like make "proposals" and voting on the absurd, I'll be looking for my XBox.....

Here is what you have in forums in the last few hours... 3 people that have payed for many of your servers on their own and we don't always agree BUT we all agree on this!... I propose that the next official from the game not me a mod or some other volunteer FLACK..... ILL Demand that it be a stakeholder... I think all the diamond players here can agree that what you have done here is a JOKE of epic Stupidity... and and WE WANT ANSWERS... Now grow a set and answer to the people that have footed the bill!... you will not see a dime from me again till your little jokster owners start talking....

DeletedUser11220

Ill add another point... I would suggest that as a group we start compiling all the places that Inno runs adds, and we should contact those companies in mass to voice our displeasure with how Inno is run and demand that they do not accept their US ads!.. now these will be US companies and they will ALL understand if they get bombarded with unhappy people unlike these germans who think they are untouchable here in the US...

DeletedUser11209

Ill add another point... I would suggest that as a group we start compiling all the places that Inno runs adds, and we should contact those companies in mass to voice our displeasure with how Inno is run and demand that they do not accept their US ads!.. now these will be US companies and they will ALL understand if they get bombarded with unhappy people unlike these germans who think they are untouchable here in the US...

Hey Gast...its Prime Time, the maps are dead and we are sitting in the forums.

Understand that Inno ?

DeletedUser23144

ILL SAY IT THIS WAY... CHANGE UR SCHEDULE WHEN UR NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE ENDS THE STATEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <------ (BTW NOW IM YELLING)

DeletedUser10076

Wow

Ok i haven't played for a bit kinda losing interest in the game, but complaining about this....REALLY GUYS.

Truly this is not a big deal.

If evening is when most of your players are on then thats when you should attack. I've done morning attacks before, because thats when most of the guild is on. The 'tactical" advantages with the reset are minimal, and are largely exploited in point farming which undermines both the spirit of gvg and pvp. So you take a sector a 9 pm, instead of having 23 hours to fill defenders you'll have 13 hours...again not a big deal.

Really sometimes i'm embarrassed to be a member of this player base. INNO does MANY boneheaded things, but this is not one of them.

DeletedUser23144

Wow

Ok i haven't played for a bit kinda losing interest in the game, but complaining about this....REALLY GUYS.

Truly this is not a big deal.

If evening is when most of your players are on then thats when you should attack. I've done morning attacks before, because thats when most of the guild is on. The 'tactical" advantages with the reset are minimal, and are largely exploited in point farming which undermines both the spirit of gvg and pvp. So you take a sector a 9 pm, instead of having 23 hours to fill defenders you'll have 13 hours...again not a big deal.

Really sometimes i'm embarrassed to be a member of this player base. INNO does MANY boneheaded things, but this is not one of them.

CAREFUL JAELIS MIGHT NOT LIKE THAT (ALTHOUGH ON THE OTHER HAND I DO AGREE;)) BUT ALSO UR POINT IS RIGHT IS DOEN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL. I'M ON ALMOST 15 HRS A DAY SO WHAT IF THE TIME CHANGED IT NO BIGGIE LEARN TO RELEARN TO WORK AROUND THAT.....HMMM TALKING LIKE YODA AGAIN LOL:):D:laugh::p:eek:;)

DeletedUser8152

This is the clearest explanation of the issue I've seen (though I've missed some posts in all this). I respect this complaint. You thought the old way was fun in a way it won't be now.

So... given a choice between buggy performance with clockturn at 8pm, and clean evening performance without clockturn, would you rather have the bugs? They aren't fun either, so it's a question of lesser evils.

Sure, Inno could upgrade their servers to handle the load. They could buy me a new car too. But I imagine their priority is to keep us entertained without losing money at it :)