• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser20752

The date and timing is everything. Been playing this game for over 2 years and updates are/were only done on Tuesday or Wednesday. Never a single one on a Friday. Find that Interesting.

DeletedUser4201

I am just barely over 3000 battles so according to this thread my opinion matters. Will someone please tell my wife that.

DeletedUser11220

I am fully aware of how GvG works, and am in a guild that is very active in it. I haven't seen any complaints within my guild on this issue,and our fighters have made plans to adjust to the new reset time, that simple. The amount of battles I have is completely irrelevant to me understanding how GvG works and my participation in it within our guild.

I love your guild Hibernus BUT in fact you literally have no clue what gvg is about..... dont get me wrong i want you to learn..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14335

It is frustrating at re-set time getting booted out while preparing for the days GvG action, and then during the battling, having to constantly re-boot the game to get back into the fight. lf the daily calculation could be separated to a different time of the day, from the dropping of the sector shields, HQ moves and anything else involved in GvG wars, then that may give some relief, until they are in a position to find the solutions.

DeletedUser9002

It is frustrating at re-set time getting booted out while preparing for the days GvG action, and then during the battling, having to constantly re-boot the game to get back into the fight. lf the daily calculation could be separated to a different time of the day, from the dropping of the sector shields, HQ moves and anything else involved in GvG wars, then that may give some relief, until they are in a position to find the solutions.

I do not believe the issue is the daily calculation itself. I believe the issue is the amount of fighting that happens right after the daily calculation. Inno cannot handle the high volume of fighting that naturally happens when the shields go down. So, their solution is to move reset to a time when fewer people are on to fight. A poor solution, as it gives a big advantage to those who can be on at the new odd hour. In fact, in the US, it tends to penalize those who are working (and, in general, pay for the game).

I'll give them a few days or more to change their minds, and if they don't see the light, I'll take my gaming business elsewhere.

DeletedUser20367

My plan is to continue to follow the advice that has been given many, MANY times to people complaining about higher Age troops rolling over their city defenses. “It’s part of the game (now). Adjust your play and deal with it.”

DeletedUser2344

Well, Sat morning at reset, the game freezes again, same lag issues. Problem not solved.

The solution is to improve your equipment Inno not limit playability.

DeletedUser17558

My plan is to continue to follow the advice that has been given many, MANY times to people complaining about higher Age troops rolling over their city defenses. “It’s part of the game (now). Adjust your play and deal with it.”

Have I told you lately that I love you?

DeletedUser6163

Inno, please realize first and foremost that any changes brought onto the GvG aspect of FoE is going to impact your most active and loyal playerbase - and those who pay to play. As someone who has been with the game nearly since the beginning, I consider myself one of these types who is feeling alienated by the change in daily calculation.

GvG was a huge game changer last year, a welcome change. Strong guilds have been further solidified through increased cooperation among members. When I was first learning GvG, I remember pondering what that little timer in the margin was counting down to. My beta leader informed me that .. this is the most important time of the day, when the limited protection on a sector will fall. This most important time of the day should be when it is convenient for the player-base.. not convenient for the game developers because you are trying to avoid upgrading your servers. Making your problem mine is going to make me.. go .. away.

Someone mentioned that reset time in the guild is like "family time." I couldn't agree more. Often guilds will gather at reset to reset a shield wall (the only way to guarantee a safe sector at the next reset) or attack a sector once the shield is down. This camaraderie I experience with my guildmates on Arvahall will be reduced at least 60% with this change. As a guild who defends sectors with a shield wall rather than by spending goods and troops to slot defenses, our reset protecting will be lonely times indeed. In fact, this change is sending the game in the opposite direction. Less guild cooperation due to a change in the shield drop time is pushing the game back to one that favors the individual player over the group, the guild.

DeletedUser7289

Having read all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about something as minor as a time change amazes me. This really isn't that big of a deal. You can still fight in GvG at whatever time your guild chooses. All that has changed is timing the placement of your defense; the cost remains the same.
Strategically, my guilds have always found rollover to be the worst time to attack, since that's when everyone defends. We've had much more success attacking at unpredictable times. Why pay for many sieges when you can take the same sector with one?
Also, sure, lot's of players work the traditional M-F 9 to 5 eastern time. But lots of us do not. My guilds have members all around the globe, and cover a variety of work schedules (yeah, and some of us are retired or disabled). Finding times when a team can assemble to fight GvG is an ongoing challenge, but somehow we've made it work at times other than the old rollover time. Maybe this will help some guilds diversify their membership, or get to know other members who are on different schedules.
In short, this time change really is no big deal. It's a minor adjustment that may be inconvenient to some, but more convenient to others.

DeletedUser23144

Having read all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about something as minor as a time change amazes me. This really isn't that big of a deal. You can still fight in GvG at whatever time your guild chooses. All that has changed is timing the placement of your defense; the cost remains the same.
Strategically, my guilds have always found rollover to be the worst time to attack, since that's when everyone defends. We've had much more success attacking at unpredictable times. Why pay for many sieges when you can take the same sector with one?
Also, sure, lot's of players work the traditional M-F 9 to 5 eastern time. But lots of us do not. My guilds have members all around the globe, and cover a variety of work schedules (yeah, and some of us are retired or disabled). Finding times when a team can assemble to fight GvG is an ongoing challenge, but somehow we've made it work at times other than the old rollover time. Maybe this will help some guilds diversify their membership, or get to know other members who are on different schedules.
In short, this time change really is no big deal. It's a minor adjustment that may be inconvenient to some, but more convenient to others.

PYGALGIA GOOD POINT AND I AGREE (NOT OFTEN THAT I WILL AGREE WITH POST:p).... OTHERS REALLY????? STILL ATTACKING THEM FOR 9/11? KNOCK IT OFF!!!!:mad: THERE IS A TIME DIFFERENCE AROUND THE WORLD.... I SAID IT B4 AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN WHAT MIGHT BE 9:11 UR TIME MIGHT BE 5:11 THEIR TIME.. SO STOP WITH THAT CRAP.:mad: LEAVE IT ALONE. UR ONLY BRINGING UP THE PAIN THAT IS BEST LEFT FORGOTTEN. SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE THAT. SO IT NOT A SLAP IN THE FACE IT JUST COINCIDENCE. LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

*Arturis*

Since I am not going to fight much anymore in GvG, I am going to to farm my city with with 35 PSC instead of putting up 39 STC like before. Thank you for your help to effectively put me out of GvG action by mandating the reset time on my needed rest hours of the day. Those that can make it, you all have fun, don't lose too much sleep or risk losing your job over it.

PS. Check out my city in B world, it is a good set up for farming and fighting especially if you have many large GBs in your city and don't want to use any 2 lane roads.

Last edited:

DeletedUser23144

Since I am not going to fight much anymore in GvG, I am going to to farm my city with with 35 PSC instead of putting up 39 STC like before. Thank you for your help to effectively put me out of GvG action by mandating the reset time on my needed rest hours of the day. Those that can make it, you all have fun, don't lose too much sleep over it, it is not healthy for you.

PS. Check out my city in B world, it is a good set up for farming and fighting especially if you have many large GBs in your city and don't want to use any 2 lane roads.

IM NOT GOING TO LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER IT CUZ THE TIME DOESNT BOTHER ME. IF UR LOSING SLEEP OVER A GAME THEN IT TIME U QUIT PLAYING OR FIND AWAY THAT WON'T MAKE U LOSE SLEEP
smilefoe.png
grinfoe.png
lolfoe.png
tonguefoe.png

DeletedUser12868

Why not just get rid of recalc altogether? Can't you make it where as soon as you capture a sector the points get added right away? And then after 24 hours that particular sector will lose it's protection.

*Arturis*

Why not just get rid of recalc altogether? Can't you make it where as soon as you capture a sector the points get added right away? And then after 24 hours that particular sector will lose it's protection.
It is because how GvG got set up in the first place where guild power and prestige are being calculated daily to add to the guild level which is an accumulated number and can't be deducted like you build a building in your city and get ranking points and the number will be decreased when you delete it. Daily calculation is needed for that reason, otherwise you can just capture a sector, release it and recapture it over and over to get your guild ranking points and level your guild up that way. It is like play poker or blackjack, you don't get paid until all hands are shown by the end of the game and the next game start over.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12868

It is because how GvG got set up in the first place where guild power and prestige are being calculated daily to add to the guild level which is an accumulated number and can't be deducted like you build a building in your city and get ranking points and the number will be decreased when you delete it. Daily calculation is needed for that reason, otherwise you can just capture a sector, release it and recapture it over and over to get your guild ranking points and level your guild up that way. It is like play poker or blackjack, you don't get paid until all hands are shown by the end of the game and the next game start over.

Okay then do recalc at 10am for the pool and points. But let the sectors time out on their own specific time.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Arturis*

Okay then do recalc at 10am to for the pool and points. But let the sectors time out on their own specific time.
That would be interesting if it can be implemented. There could be some technical issue that it had not been set that way in the first place instead of what we have now. ByeOrDie could have an answer for you on that.

DeletedUser

Many people are resistant to change. The newer time schedule for daily calculations should allow more and more European and Middle Eastern players to engage in GvG gaming. NICE! I welcome these new players. Best of luck to them.

Dulcea