• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser10517

This new messaging is terrible.

Its hard to see what is what......and I need to be able to see messages clearly in order to run the guild properly.

Whoever thought this was an improvement?

Im afraid that if it doesnt revert back, then it might be time for me to leave the game.......

Absolutely dreadful!!!

Oh my goodness.....I cant even find personal messages....everything shows as a Group Message.
So when I send out personal guild messages, members cant see its from me easily.

It was hard enough to get people to answer messages before.....now they cant even see if they have any.

What a complete mess up!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

The devs have said they are working to address some of the issues in the next update.

DeletedUser9184

Oh my goodness.....I cant even find personal messages....everything shows as a Group Message.
So when I send out personal guild messages, members cant see its from me easily.
It was already stated in the announcement that all private messages before the update were forcibly converted into group messages. If you send out a private message now, it should function correctly.

DeletedUser7957

I really, really HATE what was done to the messaging system, I liked it way better the way it was before. This new way really sucks.:mad:

DeletedUser10517

It was already stated in the announcement that all private messages before the update were forcibly converted into group messages. If you send out a private message now, it should function correctly.
Youre right...it does.

Still, the system is a mess.
I write a message to the guild, which is important, everytime someone leaves a conversation elsewhere, it pushed my important messages down page after page.

We have to scroll through all the old stuff to get to the new message......new messages should be on top and should follow in order they were posted.

The background is terrible.....like the Quest background.

Seeing "so and so has left the conversation" over and over and over is annoying.........

Its taking twice as long to sort through messages......

..........etc.

Czari

This new messaging is terrible.

Its hard to see what is what......and I need to be able to see messages clearly in order to run the guild properly.

Whoever thought this was an improvement?

Im afraid that if it doesnt revert back, then it might be time for me to leave the game.......

Absolutely dreadful!!!

It was hard enough to get people to answer messages before.....now they cant even see if they have any.

What a complete mess up!!!!!

(Bolding mine) In addition to completely agreeing with this post, a main concern is that the info re: this change specifically noted that 1-1 conversations would have an individual's avatar photo; all others would show the group avatar. As stated above, ALL my messages are showing as group - does that mean anyone can see the private conversations that existed prior to this update?

Also, I wear computer glasses that correct my vision plus have an anti-glare property - I am squinting to see the text on the messages. DEVS, PLEASE - TAKE THIS AWAY!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I can see this causing some consternation to put it mildly PLUS now there is no way to delete those messages and me "leaving" will still leave the message there. Just great - private info I posted to trusted friends in the guild are now open to all.

DeletedUser9184

I can see this causing some consternation to put it mildly PLUS now there is no way to delete those messages and me "leaving" will still leave the message there. Just great - private info I posted to trusted friends in the guild are now open to all.
It's not open to all: just that it has the group message look (in order to incorporate a subject?). It is still between one person and yourself if you check the group info (enter message, then click on the three-parallel-line icon at the upper-left (a.k.a [hamburger] menu), then click group info)

DeletedUser

so just to be clear- If we respond to a private message it will still show as a group message unless we "leave" it and start a new one? And there is no way of telling if we have a new message whether the light is blinking or not (bc it used to blink for no reason) and now there is no "envelope" to indicate a new message? And "for convenience", we now have to dig thru a ton of messages that are private messages that are now combined when once they were separate with headings so we knew exactly where to go to find what we wanted? ...and worse, we do not even know they are private bc everything shows as a group message? Is that pretty much the jist of things? Also, in the old system, if I created a message and forgot to put something in, I could go to my "outgoing mail" and respond to that message. Since there is no more "outgoing mail", I now have to hope someone responds to my message in order to finish my message?

lemonwedgie

I only have two real issues with the new messaging system:
1. The *look* ... I see they have tried to make it look like a conversation rather than individual messages, the fact that many have same avatar but their username is not obvious like it was previously makes it a little harder to follow who is saying what, and that off-white background with pale text is just ... well, wrong.
2. The whole *leave conversation* is not necessary seeing as we have the option to remove someone. If someone does not want to keep getting a thread they ask a guild leader to remove them, simple. That will stop this continuous "so-and-so has left conversation". Put back the delete button, much more user-friendly and allow threads to bump back!

iamtheemperor

The devs have said they are working to address some of the issues in the next update.

But they shouldn't need to fix the issues in an update. They had weeks of beta and mountains of negative feedback and suggestions for improvement, yet they still went ahead and released to live servers exactly the same steaming pile of dung that was put on beta.

Czari

It's not open to all: just that it has the group message look (in order to incorporate a subject?). It is still between one person and yourself if you check the group info (enter message, then click on the three-parallel-line icon at the upper-left (a.k.a [hamburger] menu), then click group info)

Ahhhh, EXCELLENT!! Thank you so very much for that info!!! Whew! Still don't like the new system but that's one less reason I dislike it. :hmph:

Hallan

generates monumental spam
very poor message management capability
this is a game not a social media platform... leave that role to Facebook
massive incentive for Guild leaders to migrate to private voice channels
very poorly done Inno, far below your usual standards. Very disappointing.

DeletedUser18851

Just like the GvG time change, this is a hastily concocted "solution" that creates more problems than it solves, and Inno released it to the entire world knowing (based on 20 pages of negative feedback on beta forums) that it was a disaster.
This is absolutely despicable and defies all logic.

DeletedUser10517

.....and now the message envelope doesnt blink at all.

Before, I could leave my PC open on the game, and keep my eye on the envelope to see blinking whilst I do other things.
Now, Ive been off to do other things, come back....no blinking message icon and lots of messages for me to sort through.

The idea of making it look like a conversation is awful.....I dont like it on other platforms, and certainly dont think its needed here in a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

barney001

OMG this new message system is 100 times worse than the old system. Sure we are going to get our phone and tablet players involved, but at what cost? I read all the posts on this thread and they are all spot on and detailed with the problems this new messaging system introduces. This needs fixed ASAP, or guilds will need to migrate to a 3rd party method of communcation. This new system is unworkable.

lemonwedgie

.....and now the message envelope doesnt blink at all.

Before, I could leave my PC open on the game, and keep my eye on the envelope to see blinking whilst I do other things.
Now, Ive been off to do other things, come back....no blinking message icon and lots of messages for me to sort through.

The idea of making it look like a conversation is awful.....I dont like it on other platforms, and certainly dont think its needed here in a game.

A couple of people have said that and yet, when I get a new message (not including some leaving a convo alert) mine does blink

DeletedUser9007

As of a few moments ago, Android app for me has not been updated - it still says 'Coming Soon'.

I can see this new messaging system could be an issue for someone with visual impairments. The text is too small and thin on a too bright background. I will be anxious to see how this update fares in mobile. If the text is still micro sized, it is not going to be much good. This is the same issue that the live chat screens have, I rarely go there because the text is too small. I refuse to buy a magnifying glass to read undersized (and unadjustable) text on a PC screen. As it is, I will have to continue to copy my messages to word processing, type a response and paste it back in FOE. :(

DeletedUser9732

But they shouldn't need to fix the issues in an update. They had weeks of beta and mountains of negative feedback and suggestions for improvement, yet they still went ahead and released to live servers exactly the same steaming pile of dung that was put on beta.
Seriously. I can't fathom why they would release something that has been show to have so many issues. That should be what beta is for, wringing out the issues and then actually fixing them so they don't go live.

As to the issues themselves - not being able to leave a chain without spam/bumping the message, the horrible color scheme to match the awful quest screen redesign, no flashing of the icon to indicate new messages, not being able to tell who is in a message without serious digging. I'm sure I'm missing some, but it has only been released a couple hours. And the fact that I can say that is in itself troubling.

And while breaking the message system they didn't take care of some lingering bugs - the social bar resetting and the idle icon for military buildings are the two that come to mind. ( I'm not sure on the idle icon, as I haven't had it happen yet, but it is a reported bug and should have made the patch list if they did bother to do anything about it. )

DeletedUser

I hate this new message system in the game. it is very hard for me to read & it is very confusing.
All I see is a picture & not the name of the player...with so many players having the same picture, how am I supposed to know who need motivating/polishing or who I am talking to?

The way it was before was so much better with a dark background & light colored letters. The Quests are the same way, very hard to read. I hate it!
:mad:

DeletedUser9184

so just to be clear- If we respond to a private message it will still show as a group message unless we "leave" it and start a new one?
Yes
And there is no way of telling if we have a new message whether the light is blinking or not (bc it used to blink for no reason) and now there is no "envelope" to indicate a new message?
New messages will show the number of unread replies next to the avatar. Note for now leaving a message also counts as a reply :hmph:
Also, in the old system, if I created a message and forgot to put something in, I could go to my "outgoing mail" and respond to that message. Since there is no more "outgoing mail", I now have to hope someone responds to my message in order to finish my message?
Your inbox also contains sent messages, so you can still find it yourself (though it's more annoying compared to having an outbox)