• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser9184

No Subject either! This I am afraid is 10 steps in the wrong direction guys, CMON...
Subjects are now called "group name" and will show when you have at least two people in the recipient list

DeletedUser

Also, in the old system, if I created a message and forgot to put something in, I could go to my "outgoing mail" and respond to that message. Since there is no more "outgoing mail", I now have to hope someone responds to my message in order to finish my message?
Your inbox also contains sent messages, so you can still find it yourself (though it's more annoying compared to having an outbox)

Please help me find where the "sent messages" are in my inbox bc for the life of me I cannot find them!!

DeletedUser

This system feels like getting trolled by your own guild every time someone leaves a convo. This is bad and you should feel bad!

DeletedUser13542

This new message system is absolutely terrible. For all the reasons stated above. The color scheme is still terrible. ITs all terrible. Inno is terrible these days. To summarize: TERRIBLE.

DeletedUser11181

omg, I can't believe that after all the feedback (19 pages) from users on BETA explaining how the new messaging system is not adequate and to a certain extant ineffectual Inno is plowing on and bringing it to the live servers anyway.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...hangelog-1-60-Part-2-The-New-Messaging-System

Where is the delete button that everyone is asking for. Prepare yourselves for pages upon pages of "left the conversation".

As for the "group info" list, this is where I hope to see those who are on and those who have left. Just dropping those who have left from the list is not going to really be very much help. It would make it necessary to audit the list every time a message is sent to ensure that the whole guild is receiving it.

Come on Inno ! Do any of you actually play the game? Have you ever run a guild?

1-Add a delete option. Removes message from your inbox but will come back if anything new is added. Much like it works now. This helps to manage our mail. Button should be right on the preview pane. Not hidden three clicks away.
2-Remove announcement of players leaving the convo from message dialog and place it in the "Group info" list area.
3-Fix contrast. Messages background is way too bright and text is barely visible.
4-Make messaging available to any player from any screen, except from battles of course.
5-I see that adding or removing players from a group message is already in the works. This should be limited to the creator of the message or the guild leader/s. Allowing for addition of new members or removal of players who have left the guild etc.
6-With this new system, trying to create a second 1:1 message is impossible. Click on mail box for any one player will take you to an existing convo. This is good and bad. There are times that a separate convo is necessary. Maybe adding a secondary and even a third sub convo would help.

These are just some of the issues, # 1 & # 2 being the most pressing imo

Yup. Uh huh. Well-said.

They don't listen to us on Beta. These days I wonder why they even have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes

New messages will show the number of unread replies next to the avatar. Note for now leaving a message also counts as a reply :hmph:

Your inbox also contains sent messages, so you can still find it yourself (though it's more annoying compared to having an outbox)
With all due respect, the entire thing sucks and needs to go back to the drawing board. Please give us back our old messaging system until this new one is ready for primetime. And PLEASE start listening to your beta testers. They told you guys this thing sucked and why it sucked.

DeletedUser2223

1.61 won't download for Android.
I done all the standard stuff and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
Reinstalling the game reinstalled version 1.60.

lemonwedgie

Ignore my previous comment about being able to just remove people from group threads if they ask (I am a Founder so thought I had rights to remove people) ... I have just noticed that you can only remove yourself which is the same as leaving convo .... arrrggghhhh! And the list looked so useful at first!!! BLAH

DeletedUser9184

1.61 won't download for Android.
I done all the standard stuff and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
Reinstalling the game reinstalled version 1.60.
I believe the mobile update will be tomorrow (don't know the time or anything)

Ignore my previous comment about being able to just remove people from group threads if they ask (I am a Founder so thought I had rights to remove people) ... I have just noticed that you can only remove yourself which is the same as leaving convo .... arrrggghhhh! And the list looked so useful at first!!! BLAH
As mentioned in the announcement, the devs are going to add the ability to let us remove people later.

lemonwedgie

As mentioned in the announcement, the devs are going to add the ability to let us remove people later.

Thank you that would be super helpful, that way people don't have to leave, a leader can just delete (and hopefully it will NOT send everyone a notification).

DeletedUser2223

I believe the mobile update will be tomorrow (don't know the time or anything)

Then why was it announced for today?
Why am in getting update prompts that won't work?
It says in the Google Play update list the game needs to be updated but won't update.

DeletedUser15276

this stunk on beta like we told em , stinks on here too, never should been rolled out, if it aint broke, dont fix it

DeletedUser9732

A couple of people have said that and yet, when I get a new message (not including some leaving a convo alert) mine does blink

I thought it was never blinking for me (and noted so in an earlier reply), but what actually seems to be the case is that it is inconsistent. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't, but I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

DeletedUser11609

I thought it was never blinking for me (and noted so in an earlier reply), but what actually seems to be the case is that it is inconsistent. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't, but I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

bugs have no pattern.....
And after being completely lambasted on beta, we now get half finished stuff here. The android app claims there is an update, forces you to download it, then still does not work.
I'd be embarrassed for you Inno, however it seems clear you aren't concerned about embarrassment.:blink:

DeletedUser11181

Developers, please take this back to beta and work on it there, and give us our old messaging system back until the bugs are worked out in the new one.

DeletedUser10415

I want my subject line back for personal messages! I use these for 200,100,50 forge-point swaps over time. Before the change, every forge partner and the amount could be easily seen because it was in the thread title, "Glarg/Bob 100 FP Trade".

Before the recalc snafu, this sort of 'making a bad thing worse' would have been unbelievable. Sadly this is no longer the case. Still, Inno was able to revert back to the old recalc time after sufficient uproar. I can only hope they will revert back to the old messaging system as well, and work the bugs out of this one on the Beta Server where it belongs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9732

bugs have no pattern.....

Yes they do. There is an underlying set of conditions for a software bug. If you watch for a pattern in the times something does/doesn't work, you can determine those conditions. Sometimes it is obvious - every time you do x when y is active, x doesn't work properly. Other times it is less obvious - if you try to do x, but y or z are active (but not both), and q was opened, then x doesn't work properly.

DeletedUser11609

Yes they do. There is an underlying set of conditions for a software bug. If you watch for a pattern in the times something does/doesn't work, you can determine those conditions. Sometimes it is obvious - every time you do x when y is active, x doesn't work properly. Other times it is less obvious - if you try to do x, but y or z are active (but not both), and q was opened, then x doesn't work properly.

It was a joke.....simply trying to keep up with Inno as far as joke posts....

- - - Updated - - -

I want my subject line back for personal messages! I use these for 200,100,50 forge-point swaps over time. Before the change, every forge partner and the amount could be easily seen because it was in the thread title, "Glarg/Bob 100 FP Trade".

Before the recalc snafu, this sort of 'making a bad thing worse' would have been unbelievable. Sadly this is no longer the case. Still, Inno was able to revert back to the old recalc time after sufficient uproar. I can only hope they will revert back to the old messaging system as well, and work the bugs out of this one on the Beta Server where it belongs.

25 page minimum for reversions. Although they seem so determined to put out this half finished mess, that I doubt any amount of rage will change their mind. They promised cross-platform messaging soon, now we've got it....even though it's doesn't work. :D

DeletedUser14545

Fix it Inno. Everyone is telling you it is not right. We need a delete feature. Time is already something we dont have enough of and now we ahve to have pages and pages of messages that we cant delete UHHHG