• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser2355

It's not like they don't know that this new system was not satisfactory. Whoever made the decision to bring it over from BETA as is should be fired as they are not doing Inno any favors.

adficere

The devs have said that update 1.62 will tackle some of the most reported issues that the new system seems to have. So there is perhaps some room to hope.

Jaelis, this is not a shot at you since I understand you're just passing on what you've been told and are hoping for the best along with the rest of us. That being said...

The fact that the devs have said they will address the problems in the next patch makes this whole release MORE offensive, not less. Why? Because these problems were uncovered in beta, and then reaffirmed in the U.K. servers last week, and despite overwhelming negative feedback the devs decided the heck with it -- let's release it anyways.

The fact that they KNEW these were issues that will need to be addressed rather than the rantings of a few squeaky wheels shows a blatant disregard for their customer base. Rather than keep it in beta until the fixes were complete and the system was ready for prime time, they decided to release a known inferior product into the live servers and annoy the hell out of their customers until the next patch hits in a couple weeks. (That's assuming that the necessary fixes are indeed placed in the next patch.)

A responsible company would use beta for its intended purpose and make the system at least somewhat friendly before release into live servers. Inno instead chooses to repeatedly ignore beta (and U.K. server) results altogether, slip known, shoddy implementations into the live server, and expect us to be appeased with promises to "fix" the known issues in a future patch.

amg777

Well said, adficere. The only thing I could add is it appears they rolled this out to appease the mobile users at the expense of the browser users. Of course, I have seen several reports that it isn't working for the mobile users, so they may not have made anyone happy.

DeletedUser10554

The new messaging ……………………..STINKS! All the clicks one must do to dump an email that’s Pathetic…..
Great idea here: HOW ABOUT A DELETE button……like a garbage can on the face of the email. …..

Please STOP fixing things; you are not that good at it.

DeletedUser10528

Diamond and Packages Boycott

I propose a multi world/server Boycott until the GvG lag and message system is resolved. I will not continue to fund such stupidity. Without players like me, who have made purchases in the past... There would be no game for anyone to play. So I feel like the best way to get Inno's full attention is to hit them where it hurts... in their pocketbooks.. You all can join me, or not... Either way I will not be making any more purchases until these issues are resolved fully.

DeletedUser10131

The new message system makes me not even want to open it. Worse decision I have ever seen playing this game

lemonwedgie

The new message system makes me not even want to open it. Worse decision I have ever seen playing this game

I think thats true of many - our guild is HEAVY on messages, they are constant as we have a lot of activity .... today ... nothing ... weird ...

DeletedUser

Jaelis, this is not a shot at you since I understand you're just passing on what you've been told and are hoping for the best along with the rest of us. That being said...

The fact that the devs have said they will address the problems in the next patch makes this whole release MORE offensive, not less. Why? Because these problems were uncovered in beta, and then reaffirmed in the U.K. servers last week, and despite overwhelming negative feedback the devs decided the heck with it -- let's release it anyways.

The fact that they KNEW these were issues that will need to be addressed rather than the rantings of a few squeaky wheels shows a blatant disregard for their customer base. Rather than keep it in beta until the fixes were complete and the system was ready for prime time, they decided to release a known inferior product into the live servers and annoy the hell out of their customers until the next patch hits in a couple weeks. (That's assuming that the necessary fixes are indeed placed in the next patch.)

A responsible company would use beta for its intended purpose and make the system at least somewhat friendly before release into live servers. Inno instead chooses to repeatedly ignore beta (and U.K. server) results altogether, slip known, shoddy implementations into the live server, and expect us to be appeased with promises to "fix" the known issues in a future patch.

100 times THIS. I have serious gripes with this new system and its been addressed in here by MANY others already, but the fact it was torn apart in Beta forums too is an extra special irritant to this whole mess.

DeletedUser

The flash on the main page to let you know there is a new message works Once for me until I refresh my page. So for me to be able to tell if there is a new message I have to open up the messages and all I see is Dozens and Dozens of "LEFT THE CONVERSATION" and it shows up as a NEW MESSAGE everytime someone leaves! I do not need to be notified when someone Leaves the thread. I run the Guild and get Message upon message that I do not delete for a Reason so I can go back and cross refference them. Now it will be next to impossible for me to be able to tell where any such messages are with this whole system.

I also agree the contrast of the background is Way too bright, it is nearly blinding when you open it up. Can you imagine being on late night half tired opening up your messages to getting Blasted with this screen? What about those with eye issues. With how bright it is, you might as well put a warning label that it may cause Seizures!

I am Horribly unimpressed with this system. The old system had 1 flaw as I seen it...When someone left a Guild there was no way to kick them off a Thread...that was it, as well as it wasn't available to the mobile players. I could read it perfectly, navigate it just fine, and at least I knew when I had a REAL new message. Now...I can see Dozens and Dozens of messages going Missed because they will get lost upon the hundreds of "Left the conversation" messages.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

DeletedUser14195

The system in its present state is terrible. Currently, I find that the biggest problem is that every time someone leaves a thread, the message bounces to the top of the inbox like a new message. This creates a huge amount of spam in a busy guild since many players are used to deleting threads they either no longer need or aren’t interested in. I have pages and pages of these notifications now, making it difficult to figure out which threads have new messages and need to be read.

DeletedUser8809

I will try to give it my best Donald Trump impression: YOU'RE FIRED DEVS

after everybody hating it Beta, instead of fixing what is wrong, you bring it here, really upsetting for us players :evil:

DeletedUser13942

I'm not going to be pleased with a fix in a few weeks. This was released knowing full-well it was fubar'ed. I will only be satisfied with an immediate (within 24 hours) hotfix or complete rollback. The damage I'm seeing in the guilds and player base across all 20 worlds I play is going to be way higher in "a few weeks". People are leaving guilds because Great Buildings aren't going up, trades aren't being filled and they are getting untold amounts of spam "left the convo" messages every hour. AND INNO KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND DID NOT GIVE A *
My gaming allowance for this payday will be spent elsewhere

DeletedUser2355

I'm not going to be pleased with a fix in a few weeks. This was released knowing full-well it was fubar'ed. I will only be satisfied with an immediate (within 24 hours) hotfix or complete rollback. The damage I'm seeing in the guilds and player base across all 20 worlds I play is going to be way higher in "a few weeks". People are leaving guilds because Great Buildings aren't going up, trades aren't being filled and they are getting untold amounts of spam "left the convo" messages every hour. AND INNO KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND DID NOT GIVE A *
My gaming allowance for this payday will be spent elsewhere

Amen ! Very true

DeletedUser15855

I'll simply agree with everyone else. This new messenger system is HORRIBLE. If your idea was to make the game harder to play, you succeeded. I also agree with the majority that notifying us every time someone leaves the message was a moronic idea. I loved the idea of being able to leave a thread. I hate that now I have to see every time someone leaves a thread. I also hate that I now have 80 pages of messages that I had already deleted that magically reappeared and that it takes 4 clicks per message to delete them. That's 320 clicks. I ain't going to do it - they can just sit there. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty much done using the messenger and perhaps the game as a whole. I already know a couple of people who quit due to the messenger and I might have to follow them. If I can't communicate with my guild then 1/2 or more of my interest in the game is removed. And, right now, I cannot effectively communicate with them.

qaccy

Do any of you realize that when people leave a thread, all it does is add a notification to the existing message? It doesn't create new mails, and if you don't want to get 'spammed' by it just leave the conversations yourself. Or tough it out and wait for the 'spam' to die out as everyone finishes leaving their old threads. This 'problem' is a one-off thing caused by migration to the new system, and a lot of people just holding on to their mails rather than clearing them out on a regular basis.

This whole thread just sounds like a whole lot of 'I want to have my cake and eat it too', really. The new messaging system is great, and I see it only getting better once everyone's done cleaning up their old messages (by the weekend, probably).

DeletedUser13942

Do any of you realize that when people leave a thread, all it does is add a notification to the existing message? It doesn't create new mails, and if you don't want to get 'spammed' by it just leave the conversations yourself. Or tough it out and wait for the 'spam' to die out as everyone finishes leaving their old threads. This 'problem' is a one-off thing caused by migration to the new system, and a lot of people just holding on to their mails rather than clearing them out on a regular basis.

This whole thread just sounds like a whole lot of 'I want to have my cake and eat it too', really. The new messaging system is great, and I see it only getting better once everyone's done cleaning up their old messages (by the weekend, probably).

I totally disagree, every single message created will be deleted by every player for prob at least a week constantly moving it back to the front until the last person finally does then it will be dead after a long horrifying fight.

DeletedUser

This is an ever constant thing that will happen for every single message created now. Can you leave the conversation? Of course you can, but that's not the point... the fact that you have to in order to avoid it IS. And while thats great that you are enjoying it others shouldn't have to "tough it out" because joe random cleans his inbox, making jane random clean theirs, then 8 others. Its something that quite frankly doesn't need to exist in the first place so its a valid complaint and not wanting a cake and eating it too...