• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser13408

This new messaging system makes me angry. So angry I've seriously considered leaving the game permanently, and may just have to do it. I've bought a LOT of diamonds, and I didn't feel bad about spending that money at the time - I felt good about being able to support a game I enjoyed and perhaps help make it possible for others to enjoy it who might not be able to support it the way I can, but now I do feel bad, because I feel like INNO is out of touch and has stopped listening to the folks who use their product. It's not just about a bad patch or a glitch here or there - that can happen and I don't blame anybody for those kind of problems. This is different: there was mountains of negative feedback, and they just refused to listen. That's not a way to gain the confidence of your customers.

Right now I wonder: how is it that a company could get so out-of-touch with reality that they would think that this new messaging system would work? Why do we even need to "explain" why it is bad, and what's wrong with it? It would be instantly obvious to anyone who actually plays the game, but evidently there's nobody involved in this decision-making process at INNO who has an inkling of what it is like to actually need to use a messaging system in game to communicate and coordinate the efforts of a guild. Which, in and of itself wouldn't be unrecoverable, EXCEPT that at the same time they also refused to listen to the feedback of those who do know what it's like to need to use a messaging system in game to communicate and coordinate the efforts of a guild - and, who took the time and effort to attempt to let INNO know what impact this disaster would have. It's the one-two punch of this realization that is such a huge confidence destroyer.

Heck, you don't even need to be a gamer to understand that a store-and-forward (e.g. non-chat-style) messaging system without the ability to attach a subject to a thread is a non-starter. I've never seen any other messaging system anywhere that doesn't allow you to attach a subject to a thread. This is just basic not-clear-on-the-concept stuff.

Well I don't know if anyone reads any of this stuff anyway - they sure didn't read any of the feedback from beta, so why should I expect they would read this? wishful thinking again I suppose...

DeletedUser10517

Communication is down in our guild. Everyone is avoiding the messages.

All tasks are now taking twice as long becuase of problems loading messages with data.......saying its too long. Or I cant input a list of members names as I did before.

Its a joke.

DeletedUser9195

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.61. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

The in game messaging system is really cumbersome to use. It is difficult to discern which message is the current message, who it is from, and in order to clean anything out you must leave the conversation. It is my understanding that once you leave the conversation, you can no longer see any replies or respond to it. This is the nearest thing to delete except it is a permanent delete?!
I also used to use my outbox extensively...now I can not find the messages I needed from it easily. Anyway, I am not enjoying this feature and fear I am missing a lot of guild messages because I simply can't use it well and I do not have the additional time to waste on a game searching through page after page of messages trying to figure out which was the last sent, and by whom. I will refrain and barely use this feature until (hopefully) it is corrected in a future update.

DeletedUser21440

Th update might be fairly good, but this new messaging system, IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, you can get rid of it unless to "leave" it and then you miss important info down the road on chain messages.
PLEASE, bring back the old "FRIENDLY" messaging system.

DeletedUser16869

I think the new messaging system is a step in the right direction, but will take getting used to. However one feature I cannot understand is why they need to display who most recently left the conversation in the preview pane. Whenever I open my message box now those notifications comprise over half my inbox.

Czari

I'm getting a message saying I do not have permission to access this page when I click on the link or c/p the address into my browser.

EDIT: I saw your follow-up post where you said the mods deleted that post.

I've started a thread in supporting a boycott until these issues are addressed. Obviously Inno doesn't care about complaints, however maybe revenue cuts will get their attention.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?11256-Diamond-and-Packages-purchase-boycott

Please take a moment to support this boycott and give Inno a real reason to fix what they've broken.

Thanks

Last edited:

DeletedUser10528

I'm getting a message saying I do not have permission to access this page when I click on the link or c/p the address into my browser.

EDIT: I saw your follow-up post where you said the mods deleted that post.

It is true, The mods took down the thread I started in an attempt to boycott diamond purchases until these issues have been resolved. Obviously they are scared that my proposal would compromise their revenue streams. I would say it is already a success, and most people refuse to fund this sort of stupidity from Inno.

Thanks to all the supporters in an attempt to make a difference. Let's keep the boycott alive... Even if they wont let us voice it openly.

DeletedUser14140

I agree, Please fix this it is very annoying!! I don't play many games but this is a great game my favorite one please fix it I hate when I see people leave the convo and I liked the delete button on mail and want it back!!

DeletedUser10076

3 Questions

1. When will this be fixed?

2. When are you going to officially apologize?

3. What compensation are we going to receive?

DeletedUser10789

So now it is 24 pages long of basically negative feedback INNO. This is now another BAD "enhancement" to a game where your community (Beta) and now here have voiced and spoken in regards to this New Mail System. What's next.? NO NEWS is always BAD NEWS, does "the game" and INNO realize this.?

While we can all agree that any messaging system for Mobile users is GREAT and we should all be able to access mail via Mobile. Again, that's GREAT. STILL, this New Mail System was BAD from the start and "the game" and INNO knew this from all the input from the Beta Users. Yet, "the game" and INNO decided to forgo all of this "feedback" from the players who spend time playing the Beta Version of the game. How will this be fixed.? There are plenty of Proposals out there and multiple ideas floating around out there. Does "the game" and INNO really bother to read any of them and listen to all of us.?

I personally feel that NOW more than EVER, "the game" and INNO has to earn back my business and do it in a way that will show they actually care about me and the players of this game. This is my 2 cents worth and this is coming from a diamond player no more. I await hearing something positive from "the game" and INNO.

DeletedUser10076

I saw in beta 1.62 several fixes are coming...

in particular the "xyz has left the conversation"....

I never thought i say this but...

Find out for sure its working and push that part of the update live now.

DeletedUser8796

OK! i can't take it anymore!
can you make the stupid mail button NOT FLASH! it drives me crazy! it goes off every 2 seconds now! i don't use mail alot so the changes arent that terrible to me but seriously that flashing button has to go!

DeletedUser10789

Sorry about that Shady and I hope I do NOT draw attention to mine from, cough cough, the Dev's. YET, mine is NOT working and/or blinking like crazy. Mine is now the opposite issue, I do NOT get anything blinking, only to click on it and see 3 pages of people leaving the conversation.

Also, Walrus, why did they put this update out, knowing full well it was buggy and has issues. They should have kept it on Beta and testing it fully with all changes before forcing it on us.

DeletedUser10076

Sorry about that Shady and I hope I do NOT draw attention to mine from, cough cough, the Dev's. YET, mine is NOT working and/or blinking like crazy. Mine is now the opposite issue, I do NOT get anything blinking, only to click on it and see 3 pages of people leaving the conversation.

Also, Walrus, why did they put this update out, knowing full well it was buggy and has issues. They should have kept it on Beta and testing it fully with all changes before forcing it on us.

Its stereotypical of them, they have been pushing bad updates for awhile now. This is the first game breaking one, you'd have to ask them why they go forward with them.

DeletedUser10517

Im the same....no blinking at all.
I can no longer keep an eye on things whilst Im busy doing other things at home.......

As I can no longer keep an eye easily.....I log off now......and if Im offline, I wont be buying diamonds.

DeletedUser17347

3 Questions

1. When will this be fixed?

2. When are you going to officially apologize?

3. What compensation are we going to receive?

Since Inno will not answer, I will....

1) The developers, the one screwed this thing up, have just started caring and are working on fixing it. It will be 4- 6 weeks until they care enough to fix it.

2) I fell out of my chair and almost pissed myself laughing so hard..... Sorry, but that is never going to come.

3) You have the pleasure of spending 6 hours just going threw your inbox daily. Isn't that payment enough?

DrM

DeletedUser

Messaging

Now forced to wade through guild wide messages without the ability to delete and just keep ones just to me. Bad Idea. Don't know if I want to keep playing this..

DeletedUser2892

EASY fix. Return what we had and try again on Beta. This time listen to your Beta users.

Obliviously, the programmers don't play this game hours a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18520

This new message system is horrible! I can't even see my new messages because all I have are pages upon pages of "____ left conversation". Why do I care if they've left the conversation??? Give us back the delete button!!?!?!? Why take that away?? I can't tell if all these messages are new messages, old messages ppl are just now deleting or what?! This is a huge huge HUUGGEEE pain!!!! The ONLY thing I like about this update is that I can now see/reply to messages from mobile. That's it! Everything else, including interface, design, etc on new message system is horrible. I'd rather old message system. Please correct ASAP!