• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Event 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser13552

I've seen a "cheat sheet" on the quests, and I wanted to ask about two of them. If the cheat sheet is correct, we will need to both scout a province and acquire a province. I'm not especially troubled by that, even though scouting is tougher in the higher Ages. What seems backward to me (perhaps you can set me straight) is that we must scout a province first and then acquire a province. Most often, you don't get the chance to scout a new province until you have finished acquiring the one you're in. Thus, it seems to me it would be more logical to reverse these quests, having the acquire a province quest first, followed by the scout a province quest. As it is, I worry a lot that I won't be able to complete both in the time allotted as I am working on the Contemporary continent map, and I only have PME troops. If the quests were reversed, I would have a much easier time. Am I looking at this all wrong?

DeletedUser10415

I'm getting very frustrated with how Innogames manages these events. I love the idea of having events like this but the implementation is terrible. Almost every one of them has a "scout a province", "research a technology', "take a sector/province", etc. I want to be able to advance the game at my own pace, not a pace dictated by Innogames. There should be a way for us to complete these events without having to go through these requirements that can force you to advance in age before you're ready. How about offering an option? Ex. "Pay X or research a technology", "Donate X goods or scout a province", "Spend X FP or take a sector".

I'm not even doing this event and I don't plan to do the leap year event either which is very frustrating because I would like to be able to participate.

Innogames, please change the way you force players to complete these events. It is extremely frustrating!!!

I feel you. I really REALLY do. I finished the map on the MLK event, negotiating nearly half of the last province for a massive goods cost which I would not normally have paid, except I was sick and tired of being held hostage by the map on events. When more map is revealed with the next age, I will race through it, so as to avoid future hostage situations. In my other 5 worlds, I only go to the map for the Summer, Easter, and Winter events. That said, all the events are voluntary. Inno is not forcing you to participate in them, so your pace is not being dictated by them.

DeletedUser10517

I'll probably going to get on some nerves. Just have a question for those needing Reno Kits. Why build something that will only update with these? It seem to get aggravating waiting on one that take some time to get. I got 2 things that require A Reno Kits. No big deal it only produce Happiness. So, I'm not going to bother with them. It just seem more trouble than it worth.
Champions need a Reno Kit. So if you have an Iron Age Champion Retreat and would like it to be a Post Mod Retreat, you will need a Reno Kit.

You can also use them on Halls of Fame....which are great for guild levelling.

There are other event buildings that give goods and/or forge points that are worth having too......Bazaar, Mad Scientist.......

Shrines can also be upgraded.....it doesnt change the amount of fps giving, but will give more coins if upgraded.

There are many that are not worth upgrading though.

DeletedUser23123

Mad Scientist? Oh crap. I have it. Now I'm curious of what it will do after the upgrade. I actually like to have more of these. Heading to Wiki.

Back from Wiki
Well the Forge and Goods count still the same, 1 Forge and 10 Goods. Just the Goods change with the Ages. Medals will barely rise. But, all Middle ages stay the same at 2. Coins will raise about 500 to 700 each. Supply about 10 to 20% each on both.
Blah. Actually hoping Forge would be raise.

Well I have a Large Confectionary, but been hearing that Huge wasn't worth the upgrade due to (I think) the cost of people or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10517

Mad Scientist? Oh crap. I have it. Now I'm curious of what it will do after the upgrade. I actually like to have more of these. Heading to Wiki.
It will make goods according to the era of the building.
The amount of coins/supplies/medals will go up if upgraded too.

DeletedUser14175

Save your Reno Kit for Champion Retreat only.
You will get Armored car on PE.
On the next eras/ages if you upgrade the CR you will get a Mechanized Infantry at ME, IFV at PME then on CE the Champion become a heavy unit.
On Easter event get all the RK that you can grab (last year event each one cost 300 diamond/eggs)
So use them wisely.

DeletedUser10415

Only save your reno kits for champ retreats if you're going to farm points on the GvG map. Champs are nothing special as fighting units go, compared to the standard units available in each age.

DeletedUser8152

A nice thing about champ + reno kit is that when a new age opens, you can fight in it immediately.

DeletedUser23123

I have 2 champion soldiers (unattached). Just no retreat. Have to keep an eye for that one.

DeletedUser2711

I'm getting very frustrated with how Innogames manages these events. I love the idea of having events like this but the implementation is terrible. Almost every one of them has a "scout a province", "research a technology', "take a sector/province", etc. I want to be able to advance the game at my own pace, not a pace dictated by Innogames. There should be a way for us to complete these events without having to go through these requirements that can force you to advance in age before you're ready. How about offering an option? Ex. "Pay X or research a technology", "Donate X goods or scout a province", "Spend X FP or take a sector".

I'm not even doing this event and I don't plan to do the leap year event either which is very frustrating because I would like to be able to participate.

Innogames, please change the way you force players to complete these events. It is extremely frustrating!!!

I completely agree and have been saying the same thing for some time. These little fluff events should be fun and easy, they should not effect our map or city progress. Fluff events need fluff quests.

DeletedUser23123

I actually set everything up to handle this event. Claim sectors to get ready to scout and not claim any other sectors. Forges loaded up to spend. Enough Coins to buy Forge. Units made to be deleted and Military Building ready to make units. Space open for useless decos and unnecessary buildings. AND. Keeping my neighbors in the dark before Aiding them. Of coarse there will be something that will be wrong. But, Diamonds are forever.;)o_O

DeletedUser2711

I actually set everything up to handle this event. Claim sectors to get ready to scout and not claim any other sectors. Forges loaded up to spend. Enough Coins to buy Forge. Units made to be deleted and Military Building ready to make units. Space open for useless decos and unnecessary buildings. AND. Keeping my neighbors in the dark before Aiding them. Of coarse there will be something that will be wrong. But, Diamonds are forever.;)o_O

But the only way you can do that is to have advance knowledge of the quests in order. I've set myself up to breeze through an event as well, but I had to stifle all progress that did not work with the set up. The game should not work that way.

DeletedUser24459

Lanthano of Kruptos said:
But the only way you can do that is to have advance knowledge of the quests in order
The quests are always listed on the Wiki a few days before.

DeletedUser2711

The quests are always listed on the Wiki a few days before.

*face palm* Yes, there are ways to have access to the quests AFTER they have been exposed on the beta server so that you can prepare on the live servers. But then what's the point in quests being 24-hours apart. Why doesn't Innogames just declare all the quests at the beginning? So either the event is meant to be played as each quest is revealed, without advance knowledge, or it is not. The events can be easy enough when we stack the deck. But why do we have to go to such lengths? Fun quests that don't have such an impact on the main game play would go a long way to keeping the constant string of "events" from being a burden and bane.

Ylisaveta

I make use of the info about upcoming events here and on wikia to prepare, and it does make the event goes smoothly. That doesn't mean I want to negotiate sectors (I did not do the MLK event because of the negotiating), rush through the continent map, or research techs when I've purposely slowed down on the tech tree. Have you seen the Leap Year quests? Same thing. I may bail on the rest of this event to do the Leap Year one, I'd rather have the Reno kit.

DeletedUser10415

I am bailing on this event when I get to the tech research quest. In the Future as I am, it's no small feat to research a tech, and I'll be saving that for the Leap Year reno kit....since a reno kit in the hand is worth far more than 2 or 3 years looking at a useless pink tree gobble up more and more space before I'd see a reno kit out of it.

DeletedUser8420

AN ARCH??? Iron age arch??? Why would someone in the future age put up an arch that doesn't offer anything other then the iron age reward amount? I could understand if it went up as the era does but really iron age reward? LAME VERY LAME....

DeletedUser13452

I agree that events can interfere with your intended strategies. I also agree that a triumphal arch as reward for all players, no matter their TH age is not very appropriate. I feel that these events would suit me better if the rewards were more meaningful. In some events, the rewards are a little excessive and in others, not nearly good enough. I suppose, ultimately, it all balances out, but I would prefer a more balanced distribution. In theory, you can earn almost any reward you want from an event like Easter, and as many of the reward as you want. An event such as this Valentines event, only gives you the same random rewards you receive in regular play(except for the final prize). I would much rather have each of the events offer just a few special prizes that can't be acquired anywhere else. :)

DeletedUser9184

I just see the Arch as a bonus as it was paired with a random reward on the same quest.

Last edited by a moderator: