• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by FunnyWanderer

1. Antique bidding

Wow, that explains a lot! Thanks for the info.
  2. Antique bidding

Is it just me or is there some arcane rule that only starts the antique bidding clock when you come back to FoE after a break? I have never joined an auction that had less than 1 hour and 55 minutes left on the bidding. This means that unless I manage to come back in less than 2 hours, I will...
  3. Does GE strength increase with your bonus?

I thought I saw something here previously that said that as you increase your attack and defense strength, through Zeus, etc., then the GE you will face afterwards will also be stronger. If so, then does this effectively make Zeus, CDM, and other buildings that improve your attack strength...
  4. Military guide for Modern Age and above

Are there any guides on how to fight at the Modern Age and above, perhaps even starting at Ind Age though I'm past that now? I'm finding that as I progress through these higher ages, the battles are getting harder and what works at one age is a disaster at the next. This is especially...
  5. Bonus rewards for CF

I have a CF which I have upgraded a few times, but I'm not clear how the bonus rewards on the GB works. For one thing it doesn't show up anywhere, like it does with an Arc, so I can't tell what I am gaining from it. Second, its not clear exactly what does or doesn't count for the bonus. For...
  6. October contest

Grow and watch my name rise rapidly up the league table. S
  7. PE military strategy

Thanks for the insights. I did pay attention to the match-ups, sending fast units after artillery/ranged units but they got slaughtered. The change in map scale was definitely a factor there as my fast units just couldn't get across the map fast enough. But it looks like I'm going to have to...
  8. PE military strategy

Is there a guide to help understand the best military strategy at PE? I've seen the one that goes up to Colonial Age, but everything changes in PE which I was not expecting and so I was hoping to learn a bit more on how it works. For one thing, my IA troops get massacred on the new maps even...
  9. Best fighting units by age

Thanks rpowpow! I was interested in how that changed as you progress in the ages, so what will they be for PE, ME, PME, etc. Has anyone done a guide like that?
  10. Best fighting units by age

Correct, I forgot about Iron Age. I do mean Howitzers in Indy age.
  11. Best fighting units by age

Has anyone looked at what are the best fighting units for a given age? I'm at IA now and previously I found a combination of fast units and ranged units seemed to work best for doing GE and simple fighting, but at this age I'm thinking that the heavy unit may actually be the best one since it...
  12. Fall Event 2018 Feedback

Man I hate having the ingredients as a DQ item. Third time in one week that I was all ready to get some good DQ item and instead got 1 ingredient. It makes the DQ not worth doing when the rewards are so crappy. And not getting lots of medals or FP that I was supposed to get makes it even more...
  13. When do reward bonuses take effect?

Thanks! This is what I figured, but wanted to make sure I was right.
  14. When do reward bonuses take effect?

This may seem like a silly question, but how do the reward bonuses work in terms of what coins/supplies are included in the bonus? Specifically, say I did a 24 hour production and turned on the supply reward right before collecting from those buildings, will those supplies be included for the...