• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Feedback

DeletedUser25427

I do not think this Tavern adds much to the game. The rewards from aiding are good enough and the thing is the giver and receiver both benefit at the same time. Personally, the rewards from the Tavern are not worth the effort and Inno should give people the option of actually deleting it. It is enough for me that friends aid daily and contribute to great buildings.

DeletedUser26154

Personally, the rewards from the Tavern are not worth the effort and Inno should give people the option of actually deleting it.
Take a look at the Tavern Shop tab and see what's available.
I see nothing but benefits.
Free buffs that boost coins, supplies, troop strength, plunder protection, etc...

91de59e2e27ed6baf0771b94bf31ac33.png

LordAntonious has a point.
The Tavern is now a highly-annoying source of free, great benefits.
I have faith Inno will make things better.
Just give them some time.

DeletedUser27718

When you visit someones Tavern, their chair should light up for you (immediately or after their CD runs out).
...if their Tavern was full, then the chair should turn red (to let them/us know how many visitors we missed)
Add a [Visit] button above [collect] to visit the taverns of all your current visitors.
...or a tavern visitor who you can visit (no CD) should be highlighted.
Earn a 1% increase in your city happiness (24hr) for each friend's tavern you successfully visit
Some sort of an alert when your tavern is full.
REWARDS:
Aside from the 1 extra turn for 15 minute reward, the longer ones are worthless since you can only have a max of 8 attempts and only earn additional attempts every hour, unless you allow unlimited attempts during that time as well...INSTEAD...it should read "Extra Turns" and you should get 1, 2 or 3 extra turns for 15 minutes (increase the turns instead of the time), so those who are bad at negotiating can get more help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9433

So True! I had a bunch of long-time friends drop me because I was away over Thanksgiving and wasn't collecting my 3 chairs (or adding to their chairs).
i kept you even though I noticed you were absent. Do I get a gold star?

DeletedUser12367

i like the general idea but it was clearly released way before it's ready

DeletedUser14197

Well, the problem is, it is too time consuming. You can reciprocate from your tavern, but chances are you will find some peoples table full or your time is not up. Than, if you wanted to get everyone, you have to click on every chair in your friends list and even then you will find tables full or your timer not up. I have already deleted all my friends in 2 of my cities and after I try the attack bonus in another of my cities, if it does not make enough difference, I will more than likely be deleting them all from that city too. I think the tavern should be totally separate from friends whom you aid and have its own list and I think it should have a button like the aid one that is available only when it is time you can sit in the tavern and it should have something showing if there are any seats.

I really don't think this is the best feature ever for this game. It is too time consuming. It is best for people who spend hours on the game each day and it more time consuming than it needs to be if it had been thought out better. Surely these issues should have come up on beta and they could have tweaked it before bringing it here. At any rate, it has done a good job of making me sick of sitting so much and I have finally cut down to 4 cities that I actually play. I quit the guild in the 2 I quit the tavern in and so no longer do GE in those 2 cities either. Really, I think with all the changes, I should only have one city. At one point I got bored with only one city. Now, I'm weary of even the 4 I have left. You can't even say I don't want to do it without probably being deleted by your "friends". If I decide to keep playing a city I quit the tavern in, I will have to try to find friends who don't do the tavern to friend I guess.

DeletedUser26660

When you visit someones Tavern, their chair should light up for you (immediately or after their CD runs out).
...if their Tavern was full, then the chair should turn red (to let them/us know how many visitors we missed)

No good for all the red/green colorblind amongst us, any solution needs to be one that everyone can see at a glance, such as a 24 hour countdown timer same as the aid button.

DeletedUser2711

Upgrading your table should include an added seat.
For example...
Currently, Upgrading a 6 chair table costs 1500 silver and results in a table that CAN seat 8 but still only has 6 chairs open. You gain nothing for the 1500 silver. It will cost another 1200 silver to open the 7th chair for a total of 2700 silver.
It doesn't make sense to me to have the cost of upgrading so high. The cost of adding chairs makes sense.
It would make sense in the real world, but not in a game.

DeletedUser25273

Upgrading your table size does get you something (though small), the bigger table gets you 2 silver per visitor. The bigger thing it gets you though is the ability to buy the extra chairs. It sort of makes you think ahead, to not just does this one purchase make sense now, but does the combination make sense to get to.

DeletedUser14276

Now I can actually tell who on my friend list is inactive, because I've been sitting in their tavern for several days without them collecting (I guess they could just be ignoring their tavern, but I can watch their score to be sure) I'd like to drop them, but the button that use to do that has been replaced by the tavern button. How do I drop a friend off the list now?

DeletedUser25273

Click on their name, and a menu will pop up with the option to Remove as Friend.

DeletedUser26532

Fr me I fail to see a downside.

Free FP? Check

Attack boosts for GvG or plundering? Check

Ability to generate troops faster for GvG? Check

Things other people find useful

City shield to prevent plundering? BIG CHECK. Literally THE most complained about thing on the Forum and Inno offers a solution (expensive, but still a solution)

Coin and supply boosts? Check (not sure why you'd need it after HMA, but sure)

Don't like it? Don't use it. It takes up no pace in your city and provide entirely FREE benefits. I emphasize FREE! No land use. No coins/supply/good cost. Produces its own curency to upgrad itsef.

OldTyme72

I posted this in beta forum so I thought I might as well post it here.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but wouldn't it be nice to have super premium prizes available to those who don't need the boosts? (what I was hoping for when they introduced the tavern)
Even if they make them super crazy expensive it would be a nice addition.
Say a SOK was 300,000 coins. That means every 2 months (assuming 5000 coins a day) you would get a SOK / Hideout / Wishing well / etc.

DeletedUser26660

Not sure if this has been mentioned but wouldn't it be nice to have super premium prizes available to those who don't need the boosts? (what I was hoping for when they introduced the tavern)
Say a SOK was 300,000 coins. That means every 2 months (assuming 5000 coins a day) you would get a SOK / Hideout / Wishing well / etc.

Good idea, I like this.

DeletedUser26532

This needs to be an official proposal!

DeletedUser15042

I would support this, but there would have to be a TON of number crunching to make sure it is not easily exploited.

DeletedUser16726

Idea/Proposal: Grey out VISIT TAVERN in Event History in your town hall

Hi all I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, surprised if it hasn't but I cannot find it at this time. It would be great if like the AID button, which grays out and shows you how long till you can Aid the player again, that the Visit Tavern Button works the same way, like grays out when you cannot do anything, or have already visited for the day. With over 50 pages of events it would be quite helpful. If this has already been brought up, then sorry for the repeat post, but I like the chairs in the friends view, but it would also be nice if it grey out in the Events views in your town hall.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year,
Vecdid