• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

honey55

Makes no logical sense my friend. If you only fight to win which you can't do every time then all that's left is to fight for rewards. If you fight at all you will get rewards which means you win every time along with hundreds of players. Fighting for rewards means you win every GBG season. What that means is while everyone else who fights for rewards wins while you fighting to win will be a loser most of the time or you can fight for rewards and win always and be able to be on top every once in awhile. Me I'll take being a winner every time. :cool:
Anyway maybe you should take the @Dom 1 way and think about quitting since you can't fight to win without fighting for rewards. Best to just not fight at all IMHO.:p
I think we are now always fighting to win, not the season. That's pretty much guaranteed. We are fighting to win the championship which is definitely not guaranteed. That's why we try to take every sector that we can. The rewards are a perk for me. I fight to win since im in a guild that us trying to win. I may just farm if that wasn't a possibility. I dont know. What i do know is now I'm fighting more than before the change as the guild normally didn't need me to win the map and now i try to go to max attrition cause they actually now need help.

honey55

Sorry to say having a thousand more each (like I do) is a little better. I can notice the Black bottle boosts helping a bit when at high attrition. There are players with 4500 A D ... But I would say 5K is a good goal.
Yikes! That probably isn't going to happen any time soon, maybe never. I may just have to be happy with what i got. The new buildings are good but it takes time to collect then. Thanks for the reply

Amitola1

I think we are now always fighting to win, not the season. That's pretty much guaranteed. We are fighting to win the championship which is definitely not guaranteed. That's why we try to take every sector that we can. The rewards are a perk for me. I fight to win since im in a guild that us trying to win. I may just farm if that wasn't a possibility. I dont know. What i do know is now I'm fighting more than before the change as the guild normally didn't need me to win the map and now i try to go to max attrition cause they actually now need help.
1. What is the Black bottle?
2. I stand by my statement that you will always win if you are after rewards and still have the possibility to win the season and maybe a championship. I have been able to do more fights with the new GBG since INNO also changed how attrition works. My guild is not in a position to compete in Diamond, that's just reality, but are working on it from more than 1 direction, goods and developing fighters. We are very competitive in Platinum however and as someone said earlier it is much easier now to control where you end up there. Overall I am satisfied with the changes and can see the possibility of being able to handle Diamond. We just aren't there yet and who knows how long it will be.

Amitola1

Attacking Army Boost from Pirate Event. The Buccaneers Bay produces them
Thx. I didn't do the event so I am not getting them. Correction I think. I have the Buccaneer's Boathouse not the Bay. Looking at them they both appear very similar. I get the Bounty chest every day. I do remember having the option 2 buildings. Is the Buccaneer's Bay from a different Pirate event?
Looked and I don't have a Buccaneer's Bay so it must have been in rewards for the Event Rewards you had to pay diamonds for which I didn't do.

Last edited:

Lafawnduh

I am beginning to wonder if keen eye didn't escape space eras. I have a couple pretty strong cities and can't get in 10 fights without losing half my troops (FE 1450/1400 AO 114 and PME weak so not surprised) yet in my SAAB city which is 1500/1300/AO 113 I can go 15 or 20 fights before having to add/replace troops. What is going on there with all that? have not hit that '20%' yet and this is the 2nd season.

billlaca

Can anyone answer this question with absolute certainty?

Do the Tower of Champions fragments go to all members of the guild or is there some specific level of participation (for the season) needed to get the fragments? Thanks!

Feedback to developers- you sucked the fun out of GBG for serious GBG guilds.

Before our rounds were fast and fun. We came, we saw, we conquered by blitzing through the full map in 20 minutes or less. It was exciting and fast-paced and a bonding experience for all guildies as we raced through the sectors together.

Now it’s a slog. We’re still fast, but the sectors take so many more fights that some players burn out before the round is over, the pace slows down and the leaders are stuck babysitting the rest of the slower sectors even if they are burned out themselves. All the excitement is gone. This feels like work now.

For now the novelty of the change and competition keeps things somewhat interesting. Soon that novelty will wear off and you’ll be left with a bunch of seriously active players getting really bored with the only active aspect of the game that’s available to them throughout the day except for collecting - and most don’t consider collecting all that thrilling. Oh, and many will burn out first thing in the morning so will have zero things to do the rest of the day- are they supposed to go look for another game to occupy their leisure time?

Not a fan…

Last edited:

Dominator - X

Feedback to developers- you sucked the fun out of GBG for serious GBG guilds.

Before our rounds were fast and fun. We came, we saw, we conquered by blitzing through the full map in 20 minutes or less. It was exciting and fast-paced and a bonding experience for all guildies as we raced through the sectors together.

Now it’s a slog. We’re still fast, but the sectors take so many more fights that some players burn out before the round is over, the pace slows down and the leaders are stuck babysitting the rest of the slower sectors even if they are burned out themselves. All the excitement is gone. This feels like work now.

For now the novelty of the change and competition keeps things somewhat interesting. Soon that novelty will wear off and you’ll be left with a bunch of seriously active players getting really bored with the only active aspect of the game that’s available to them throughout the day except for collecting - and most don’t consider collecting all that thrilling. Oh, and many will burn out first thing in the morning so will have zero things to do the rest of the day- are they supposed to go look for another game to occupy their leisure time?

Not a fan…
Boring and monotonous come to mind. The 4 hour rotations did become too much. They could have used longer lock-down times. But this format is just plain boring, even if you only show up for 1 or 2 rotations a day. The amount of time to prime each Province is ridiculous. Day 1 is the only half-exciting part of the whole "new" GBG.

Sharmon the Impaler

The daily slog in GBG is killing off players and Inno is completely ignoring everything but their wallet. It's a bunch of rich old men with iPads that can't even set up their own profile and have never even see a computer game except maybe a poster of one on a wall somewhere. Welcome to the new "we don't care what you want GBG"

Dominator - X

Can anyone answer this question with absolute certainty?

Do the Tower of Champions fragments go to all members of the guild or is there some specific level of participation (for the season) needed to get the fragments? Thanks!
As long as you are a member of the top 3 DL guilds on your map when the season ends, you should get the reward.

honey55

Boring and monotonous come to mind. The 4 hour rotations did become too much. They could have used longer lock-down times. But this format is just plain boring, even if you only show up for 1 or 2 rotations a day. The amount of time to prime each Province is ridiculous. Day 1 is the only half-exciting part of the whole "new" GBG.
I guess it is the opposite for me. I find it more challenging. I now need high attrition. It also helps at high attrition that i know which units to use against what I'm up against instead of mindless clicking with the same units. I now can manually fight some times. There's almost always sectors to help take. Also, while the guild was usually good about posting sectors and if they were free and also good about posting races, now they also post they need help. I know I'm fighting more than i used to. Used to be those on so day didn't need help. Now they do. I feel it is now more a guild effort.

Amitola1

I find this change refreshing from a GBG leader point of view. I can set a goal of what place I would like to end up in, a range of places and where I don't want to end up. My over all goal is not end up in Diamond right now but know we will eventually and definitely not to drop back to Gold. With all the guilds trying to stay in Plat it can be challenging. The challenge is to erect buildings that increase VP at first and as needed destroy them to drop VP toward the end of the season while building Barracks to obtain max 80% attrition reduction. My attacks have gone down simply because I defer to my guildmate so they can take advantage of Platinum rewards. Glad to bigger guilds also complaining about the changes. Maybe that means us smaller guilds will receive benefit from the changes. Kudos to INNO for putting the challenge back into GBG.
@Dominator - X said "As long as you are a member of the top 3 DL guilds on your map when the season ends, you should get the reward."
I hope this is not right since that, to me, would be the only motivation to be in Diamond is for the frags of the TG by just fighting/negotiating. Even though it has 14 day shelf life that would give 2 seasons of being able to use it. Build up more frags and repeat.

Last edited: