• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What does the future hold for Forge of Empires? Hear from our Product Head! Feedback:

Dominator - X

I hesitate to trust those who use the term "transparency", these days. It is usually a code word for "We will tell you what WE want to tell you and nothing more. We will not tell you what YOU need to know nor what YOU might want to know. However, we promise to do it transparently."

Something else to keep in mind for the newer players: When INNO uses the term "Game Balancing" in whatever form they choose, it is also a code word(s) for usually meaning: "Less rewards for the player". Which is fine as long as everyone understands the lingo.

Savvy187

I hesitate to trust those who use the term "transparency", these days. It is usually a code word for "We will tell you what WE want to tell you and nothing more. We will not tell you what YOU need to know nor what YOU might want to know. However, we promise to do it transparently."

Something else to keep in mind for the newer players: When INNO uses the term "Game Balancing" in whatever form they choose, it is also a code word(s) for usually meaning: "Less rewards for the player". Which is fine as long as everyone understands the lingo.

Spend more money more frequently for fewer rewards, sounds about right.

Johnny B. Goode

I hesitate to trust those who use the term "transparency", these days.
Hard for them to be transparent when they link to Discord instead of their own Forum from the Announcement. Soon those of us who refuse to use that third party site will be unable to have any outside the main city communication with other players, and no other avenue to communicate with FoE/Inno staff except through opening support tickets.

Pericles the Lion

Hard for them to be transparent when they link to Discord instead of their own Forum from the Announcement. Soon those of us who refuse to use that third party site will be unable to have any outside the main city communication with other players, and no other avenue to communicate with FoE/Inno staff except through opening support tickets.
There is an in-game announcement in the Official tab of the Message Center.

jaymoney23456

If inno wanted to be transparent they could start with an honest discussion about the GbG changes and why they were truly implimented, not the laughable stated reason of 'making the battlegrounds more balanced'. lol

Ebeondi Asi

The real reason for moving from the forums are the exact kind of posts made here. All negative griping over your own fantasy of what you want to believe. No one actually knows what will be coming. But some seem to have already passed judgment. If all you sour grape guys would just quit. Go find some other game to whine
about.
So far GE 5 is a success in my Guilds. It has made GE exciting again. Same for GbG. Something new ,something to really work to make it a good game. Fun.
I look forward to any new things Inno may offer us.

jaymoney23456

The real reason for moving from the forums are the exact kind of posts made here. All negative griping over your own fantasy of what you want to believe. No one actually knows what will be coming. But some seem to have already passed judgment. If all you sour grape guys would just quit. Go find some other game to whine about.
Moving from one platform for game discussion to the next will do nothing to make any players provide more positive feedback!

jaymoney23456

The real reason for moving from the forums are the exact kind of posts made here. All negative griping over your own fantasy of what you want to believe. No one actually knows what will be coming. But some seem to have already passed judgment. If all you sour grape guys would just quit. Go find some other game to whine
about.
So far GE 5 is a success in my Guilds. It has made GE exciting again. Same for GbG. Something new ,something to really work to make it a good game. Fun.
How is GE5 exciting? Its the same thing as always but just more time consuming due to using city defense (no one will ever convince me it makes any sense to attack by using city defense stats) instead of attack stats or doing tedious negotiations. also, no reward from GE5 makes up for the end of attrition free GbG. Quantom incursions could be good or not depending on what it is exactly, but it seems naive to assume that all or most of the upcoming changes will be good given the changes that have been going on for a while now.

Sharmon the Impaler

How is GE5 exciting? Its the same thing as always but just more time consuming due to using city defense (no one will ever convince me it makes any sense to attack by using city defense stats) instead of attack stats or doing tedious negotiations. also, no reward from GE5 makes up for the end of attrition free GbG. Quantom incursions could be good or not depending on what it is exactly, but it seems naive to assume that all or most of the upcoming changes will be good given the changes that have been going on for a while now.
So besides complaining about everything , you don't seem to like anything about FOE or the players in it. Serious find another game dude.

UBERhelp1

As much as I love the forums, I think it's a safe bet to say even fewer players use the forums regularly than there are active GvG players. And look how that wound up for GvG. Most of the active forum members have already posted in this thread, and we're less than a dozen posts in.

I hope they leave the forums open - there's so much history and genuinely helpful information here, from guides, discussions, and ideas to the changelogs/announcements from the very beginning of the game. But... I'm not too certain that the forums will be sticking around.

Just An Observer

A few months ago I asked a Mod about Blue GBG. They put up the game logo with "SOON" superimposed on it. So much for the definition of "SOON"...LOL! How hard can it be to program the map to use Blue A/D instead of Red A/D or to mix the sectors with Red and Blue? This should have been done a long time ago. Why have Blue GBG boosts if there is no Blue GBG to use them on?

Just An Observer

Depends on what they intend to do with it.

Though I suspect it's more they want to see how the current changes go and give players time to build up the blue stats before adding it in.
Players had 2023 to build up their Blue A/D. Put Blue GBG in play to see those who did not do enough get on with the job of building it up. This will increase Diamond purchases to gather the best event buildings. Incentivize 'em!

Anyways, we were told "SOON" and it did not happen. That counts as a lie in my book. I don't like being lied to.

Pericles the Lion

Players had 2023 to build up their Blue A/D. Put Blue GBG in play to see those who did not do enough get on with the job of building it up. This will increase Diamond purchases to gather the best event buildings. Incentivize 'em!

Anyways, we were told "SOON" and it did not happen. That counts as a lie in my book. I don't like being lied to.
"Soon" has no specific timeframe. If you want to feel as though you have been lied to that's your choice. Personally, the use of the word "soon", in the context of blue GBG, is a cue to continue building up blue boosts before blue GBG gets launched - and it will get launched sooner or later.

planetofthehumans2

Total BS that they didn't mention task scrolling among their quality of life updates. This is the most grueling aspect of the game that affects all players. Takes me 30+ minutes to collect on my city just sitting there task scrolling 2000+FP on r'yleh tasks. Half of them are redundant tasks and half of them are worthless to do since the reward is 1/100 of what you have to pay, half of them are literally spam tasks to prevent "abuse" since you only get 2000 abortions per day.

Get outta here inno! Let me favorite my favorite tasks to appear on top of the list, give me a limit of like 100 rewards per day and let me live my life!!

xivarmy

about.
And people totally wouldn't complain about it in discord instead :p (Every official discord I've ever been in has eventually turned into a stream of complaints - even moreso than a forum because it's more like a single conversation ; so there's no room to have and find a rare helpful/constructive thread. Whatever's being discussed most actively will drown out everything else - and *surprise* it's going to eventually be people who aren't happy with recent changes (people who are happy with them are generally playing more than talking about it))

The forums are probably heading towards retirement because they're not well used and they're hoping using a more popular venue like discord might get a larger crowd. As I have not yet joined the FoE discord, I have no idea how that's going for them.

It's not at all unusual for companies to shun having their own forums these days anyways though.

Sharmon the Impaler

Total BS that they didn't mention task scrolling among their quality of life updates. This is the most grueling aspect of the game that affects all players. Takes me 30+ minutes to collect on my city just sitting there task scrolling 2000+FP on r'yleh tasks. Half of them are redundant tasks and half of them are worthless to do since the reward is 1/100 of what you have to pay, half of them are literally spam tasks to prevent "abuse" since you only get 2000 abortions per day.

Get outta here inno! Let me favorite my favorite tasks to appear on top of the list, give me a limit of like 100 rewards per day and let me live my life!!
The main RQs are the two spend FP ones and the 15 fights without losing. The two tasks to be changed back to them after they are collected on should be at the bottom of the list. Click on the bottom abort and then right away click on the abort on the one above it. Move immediately back down to where the bottom abort will show up and then ONLY abort from there as they come in. They are going to come in at three times the speed as you are used to so this takes practice counting so you don't click right past them. As soon as you see the first FP task stop , the second one will come in right behind it. You can do all three once you get the two at a time method working.

You're welcome

JJ597

• Guild Expeditions: Introducing 5 new difficulties with a smoother difficulty curve and more frequent transitions between offensive and defensive boosts. We'll make the later levels deliberately difficult so that you have something to work towards over the next couple of years.
Above copied from the announcement. Question, does the 5 new difficulties mean they are adding more levels or are replacing levels. The "work towards...next couple of years", tells me the difficulty of each encounter is increasing dramatically!