• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What does the future hold for Forge of Empires? Hear from our Product Head! Feedback:

Johnny B. Goode

The idea that in order for one to communicate something that one requires a response is just silly.
So you've never thought you had communicated something only to find out later that there was miscommunication and the person didn't get what you were trying to communicate? In order for communication to be completed, there always has to be a response. That's why many supervisors/teachers/coaches/parents ask the person they're attempting to communicate something to verify that they've understood. Even Inno understands this, which is why we've always had feedback threads for event/upgrade/new feature announcements. (I'm surprised that you're joining in his trolling, I thought you were better than that. Guess I was wrong.)

Just An Observer

Doing GE lv 5 is not the same thing as GbG. Also, city defense as attack never made any sense. If few guilds do well with regular attack boost why should it go to city defense which would make it far worse?
Just as blowing through GE as it was when 64/48 was the format indicated the ability to score Fights in GBG, cleaning house in GE Level 5 is also an indicator of expected performance in GBG. Conversely, a player who cannot autobattle GE in Level 5 is not going to be able to do much in Blue GBG.

Pericles the Lion

So you've never thought you had communicated something only to find out later that there was miscommunication and the person didn't get what you were trying to communicate? In order for communication to be completed, there always has to be a response. That's why many supervisors/teachers/coaches/parents ask the person they're attempting to communicate something to verify that they've understood. Even Inno understands this, which is why we've always had feedback threads for event/upgrade/new feature announcements. (I'm surprised that you're joining in his trolling, I thought you were better than that. Guess I was wrong.)
Unless you want to claim that no response is a response then you are wrong. I am exposed to TV advertising every day from the likes of Liberty Mutual and Geico to the point that I could recite their pitch from memory - yet I am not a customer of either of them. I have not responded to them but they have, indeed, communicated with me.

Emberguard

Sounds like you’re wanting all forms of communication to be a conversation, not just having communication in the form of a written notice.

Angry.Blanket

So, JBG said "with out the forums, there would be no way for (him) to communicate with FOE/Inno staff out side of a support ticket."
I don't see where he said "there would be no way for FOE/Inno staff to communicate with him.
With that said I never got the impression FOE Inno staff want to hear anything any of us say any way, and the forums are just a place to to put us where they don't have to hear us.

Pericles the Lion

With that said I never got the impression FOE Inno staff want to hear anything any of us say any way, and the forums are just a place to to put us where they don't have to hear us.
Of all days, you picked this one to post this. ;)

Have you read up on the Update to Version 1.275? In it INNO describes, among other things, two changes and one improvement. The changes are (1) finetuning of the aid order of buildings and, (2) no longer do GBG victories, other than those in Diamond League, count towards Guild ranking. The improvement is the automatic scrolling of text that is too long to display on tooltips. Concerns regarding aid order, Guild ranking, and truncated text have been discussed, at some length, here on the Forum. It's clear (at least to me) that INNO does listen.

Angry.Blanket

Of all days, you picked this one to post this. ;)

Have you read up on the Update to Version 1.275? In it INNO describes, among other things, two changes and one improvement. The changes are (1) finetuning of the aid order of buildings and, (2) no longer do GBG victories, other than those in Diamond League, count towards Guild ranking. The improvement is the automatic scrolling of text that is too long to display on tooltips. Concerns regarding aid order, Guild ranking, and truncated text have been discussed, at some length, here on the Forum. It's clear (at least to me) that INNO does listen.
Well. darn, So you agree with JBG that losing the forums will be bad ?

Angry.Blanket

My response was to your comment that INNO does not listen to the players - which is clearly not the truth. That said, I don't feel strongly, one way or the other, about closing the Forums.
But you were arguing that we were not losing our means to communicate with FOE/Inno outside of a support ticket .
Are we communicating with Inno here or not ?

Pericles the Lion

But you were arguing that we were not losing our means to communicate with FOE/Inno outside of a support ticket .
Are we communicating with Inno here or not ?
Look again. I was arguing no such thing. However, if I were to argue that point I would state that the Forum is not the only means to communicate with INNO outside of submitting a support ticket. There is the Customer Support site, Facebook, and Discord. If you bother to read the Update (on the Support page) you will see that INNO suggests that players provide feedback on either Facebook or Discord. No mention was made about the Forum which seems to suggest that the Forum's days are numbered.

jaymoney23456

Just as blowing through GE as it was when 64/48 was the format indicated the ability to score Fights in GBG, cleaning house in GE Level 5 is also an indicator of expected performance in GBG. Conversely, a player who cannot autobattle GE in Level 5 is not going to be able to do much in Blue GBG.
GE lv 4 doesn't require much attack boost especially before the later ages of the game and it would be silly to base what a player could do in GbG on it either now or in the past lol
Few players blow through GE 5-perhaps you can say many now finish it but that just means they can find a way to beat it with boosts, kraken or by negotiating. It certainly doesn't mean players would do as well in GbG with city defense boost compared to attack boost or anything close to it.

Sharmon the Impaler

GE lv 4 doesn't require much attack boost especially before the later ages of the game and it would be silly to base what a player could do in GbG on it either now or in the past lol
Few players blow through GE 5-perhaps you can say many now finish it but that just means they can find a way to beat it with boosts, kraken or by negotiating. It certainly doesn't mean players would do as well in GbG with city defense boost compared to attack boost or anything close to it.
My fastest time on GE5 was 28 minutes and all on autobattle. 4310/4717 and 12 in my guild are comparable , I am not sure what world you are playing on but many in the older worlds can blow through GE5.

Angry.Blanket

Look again. I was arguing no such thing. However, if I were to argue that point I would state that the Forum is not the only means to communicate with INNO outside of submitting a support ticket. There is the Customer Support site, Facebook, and Discord. If you bother to read the Update (on the Support page) you will see that INNO suggests that players provide feedback on either Facebook or Discord. No mention was made about the Forum which seems to suggest that the Forum's days are numbered.
Thats was his point, it leaves those that don't want to rely on a third part source with no voice. I wont do facebook, and I am not impressed with discord, Though I will say it seems about the same as here just a different age group arguing, old men here and 12 year olds on discord.

Angelique LaRose

Total BS that they didn't mention task scrolling among their quality of life updates. This is the most grueling aspect of the game that affects all players. Takes me 30+ minutes to collect on my city just sitting there task scrolling 2000+FP on r'yleh tasks. Half of them are redundant tasks and half of them are worthless to do since the reward is 1/100 of what you have to pay, half of them are literally spam tasks to prevent "abuse" since you only get 2000 abortions per day.

Get outta here inno! Let me favorite my favorite tasks to appear on top of the list, give me a limit of like 100 rewards per day and let me live my life!!
I agree, but I think this is deliberate to stop players using RQ and gaining so much from Big CFs. They have made it increasingly more annoying with all the fragment pop ups and 1 tile junk. There is 0 reason to have every single fragment get a pop-up window when collected, that we have to close. Adds so much time to collecting. the old non fragment buildings just have the rewards appear and go away when collected. the slog collecting every day is a real turn off now. And I am pretty sure that is completely intentional. It would be helpful to be able to turn off certain quest and only keep the ones that work well as RQ quest. I won't hold my breathe on that one lol

Just An Observer

No boosts, forts, Negs, Krakens or anything else needed here Jay! It takes solid numbers to blow through GE5. I actually lose a few less units there than I do on Level 4 strange as it sounds since my Red A/D is even higher than my strong Blue A/D.

Sharmon the Impaler

I agree, but I think this is deliberate to stop players using RQ and gaining so much from Big CFs. They have made it increasingly more annoying with all the fragment pop ups and 1 tile junk. There is 0 reason to have every single fragment get a pop-up window when collected, that we have to close. Adds so much time to collecting. the old non fragment buildings just have the rewards appear and go away when collected. the slog collecting every day is a real turn off now. And I am pretty sure that is completely intentional. It would be helpful to be able to turn off certain quest and only keep the ones that work well as RQ quest. I won't hold my breathe on that one lol
I already showed the work arounf for the programmed in delays. Scrolling through them one at a time past the 11 garbage quests takes 36 seconds , my method taks 9.5 seconds for all.

"The main RQs are the two spend FP ones and the 15 fights without losing. The two tasks to be changed back to them after they are collected on should be at the bottom of the list. Click on the bottom abort and then right away click on the abort on the one above it. Move immediately back down to where the bottom abort will show up and then ONLY abort from there as they come in. They are going to come in at three times the speed as you are used to so this takes practice counting so you don't click right past them. As soon as you see the first FP task stop , the second one will come in right behind it. You can do all three once you get the two at a time method working. "

jaymoney23456

No boosts, forts, Negs, Krakens or anything else needed here Jay! It takes solid numbers to blow through GE5. I actually lose a few less units there than I do on Level 4 strange as it sounds since my Red A/D is even higher than my strong Blue A/D.
Well then it seems your the exception rather than the rule. I bet it doesn't hold over the long term that you would lose more units in battles with less attack against troops with more attack than in battles with higher attack against troops with less attack. Is it possible you are misremembering also given that there is a significant disparity in attack penalty in GE5 vs. GE4? lol