• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What does the future hold for Forge of Empires? Hear from our Product Head! Feedback:

Johnny B. Goode

Again, you're so hung up on the definition of "communicate" you're only reading what you want to hear so you have something to argue against instead of what's actually being said.

I'm well aware InnoGames may eventually choose to remove the forums. Insisting you want to redefine what communication means isn't going to change whether they keep or remove the forums. It's just going to get you frustrated when people point out you're redefining words.

You don't like discord, fine. You don't need to change the meaning of words to fit that sentiment
I'm not changing the definition. I'm just pointing out the context in which I use the word. I've never disputed that Inno can do one-way communications in-game. Don't even need the Forum, Discord, Facebook or even support for that. In the context of the removal of the Forum, which is the subject I've been addressing here, it is blatantly obvious to everyone but the trolls that I am using "communication" in the sense of a two way exchange* of information/ideas/opinions. You have jumped in partway through the conversation to join the trolls, which is unexpected as I had a higher opinion of you.

*In my very first post on this thread I made it clear that what I was talking about was two-way communication between players outside the individual main game worlds, and between Inno/FoE and players without using Discord or support (or Facebook, since someone added that to the mix). You and others have tried to change that to fit your own agenda. Now you're accusing me of changing things, which is tremendously ironic. Here's the relevant part of my first post about this:

"Soon those of us who refuse to use that third party site will be unable to have any outside the main city communication with other players, and no other avenue to communicate with FoE/Inno staff except through opening support tickets."

If you don't think that is talking about two-way communication, then you need to go back to school for reading comprehension.

Pericles the Lion

"Soon those of us who refuse to use that third party site will be unable to have any outside the main city communication with other players, and no other avenue to communicate with FoE/Inno staff except through opening support tickets."

If you don't think that is talking about two-way communication, then you need to go back to school for reading comprehension.
Sorry Bub. Expecting readers to surmise that you were referring to "two-way communication" in your original post is ludicrous. The thing that I find especially hilarious is you now acting as though you have "two-way communication" with INNO here on the Forum. You are on record saying that INNO never listens or responds.

Johnny B. Goode

Sorry Bub. Expecting readers to surmise that you were referring to "two-way communication" in your original post is ludicrous. The thing that I find especially hilarious is you now acting as though you have "two-way communication" with INNO here on the Forum. You are on record saying that INNO never listens or responds.
Notice how I phrase it:
communication with
Not "communicate to", nor "have something communicated to us". But "communicate with". What's ludicrous is pretending that you don't understand that "communicate with" is two-way. You're not even good at trolling, dude. :rolleyes:

Wwwoodchuck

You are replying to the wrong post, that one was not posted by "Bub".

Pericles the Lion

Notice how I phrase it:

Not "communicate to", nor "have something communicated to us". But "communicate with". What's ludicrous is pretending that you don't understand that "communicate with" is two-way. You're not even good at trolling, dude. :rolleyes:
You will stop at nothing. So, you're upset that you will no longer be able to "communicate with" (whatever it means) INNO staff. But, according to you, you've not been able to "communicate with" them anyway seeing as, again according to you, they neither listen nor respond. So, in the final analysis, you've lost nothing.

I'm not trolling.....I'm "communicating". :D

jaymoney23456

It could partially be because it's been on life support for so long that many are willing to go "oh well" to the prospect of its removal - it doesn't feel like it matters as-is anyways.

As nice as the sentiment may be that you can give feedback through the forums, it's not clear that anyone's actually acting on that feedback pathway anyways.

Even if they have someone who reads and passes it along, there's no guarantee it has much weight in the decision making process. It could be being discarded at any step in the chain before it gets seen by a decision maker.

And there's no acknowledgement process by which answers ever come back to common pieces of feedback why they decided to act or not act on it to encourage people to continue making constructive feedback. Which has been a complaint for years now - that official representatives interact insufficiently on the forums.

I imagine you could still send feedback through a support ticket without using any 3rd party sites. Probably works at least as well as the forums ever did.

Regarding the game in general going to hell, I think a lot of the people you label as apologists actually agree with that sentiment - just for different reasons than you do at times. That they don't mind (or maybe even approve) of something you find deeply troubling doesn't mean they support everything inno does, or even the general direction of the game.

Personally: the forums potential removal is not the hill I'm going to die on. I am pretty much ready to quit the game as soon as my friends do though. Solving event strategies is pretty much the only fun I get these days. Actually playing the events I could do without :p And I can't even imagine anymore a way back for FoE to a game I liked. Too many pay passes. Too much powercreep. Too much autobattle. Not enough strategy. And as I believe I'm in a minority when it comes to the powercreep and autobattle, I doubt they even want to undo it. The forums are certainly not going to save the game for me. It's become just another mindless P2W mobile game. But I mean there's a reason that's what most mobile games are - because it makes money.

In about 47 minutes I get to find out how unexciting Incursions are on beta :p That should give me a day's entertainment at least to figure out the mechanics. Already pissed that it has a pay pass attached to it though. So they're on a good start to meeting my low expectations ;)
I agree with some of what you say but I find it curious that anyone would/should consider FOE a mobile game. It is really a browser based game that imo can only be played on a phone for any length of time with great annoyance and often difficulty. Not something I can put up with for more than very short periods of time when I cannot get to my computer. The ads which I refuse to watch also make it next to impossible to do much of anything on a tiny phone screen.

xivarmy

I agree with some of what you say but I find it curious that anyone would/should consider FOE a mobile game. It is really a browser based game that imo can only be played on a phone for any length of time with great annoyance and often difficulty. Not something I can put up with for more than very short periods of time when I cannot get to my computer. The ads which I refuse to watch also make it next to impossible to do much of anything on a tiny phone screen.
Most of the population of it is mobile (think i saw somewhere in the mid60s percentage wise). An even larger percentage of their revenue from it is almost certainly mobile (people are more prone to paying for stuff on their phones through the app store than through their browsers - there's less friction as payment methods are often already setup).

Note that mobile also includes tablets, not just phones.

I happen to prefer to play it in browser myself. But it's being developed like a mobile game. I'd venture the only reason there is browser support at all is because it was a browser game first and they'd lose enough customers that it's not worth cutting it off (for now).

Emberguard

If they went mobile only I'd still be using the desktop xD just not the browser.

Using mobile app on a actual mobile is a bit clumsy compared to having access to a mouse

Emberguard

I happen to prefer to play it in browser myself. But it's being developed like a mobile game. I'd venture the only reason there is browser support at all is because it was a browser game first and they'd lose enough customers that it's not worth cutting it off (for now).

Yeah. That being said, they did add a browser version to Rise of Cultures, and that game started off as mobile.

So there must be enough people who prefer desktop for them to support it even on new games

xivarmy

Yeah. That being said, they did add a browser version to Rise of Cultures, and that game started off as mobile.

So there must be enough people who prefer desktop for them to support it even on new games
Or perhaps it's not much work for them to port it whatever they're using as their backend (their games share a lot of the same backend anyways I think so it might be relatively cheap for them to target both as long as said backend doesn't require much updating).

UBERhelp1

Or perhaps it's not much work for them to port it whatever they're using as their backend (their games share a lot of the same backend anyways I think so it might be relatively cheap for them to target both as long as said backend doesn't require much updating).
It also seems to be a lot easier to develop and test features for browser (ie, beta). That way, everyone gets the update and doesn't have to keep installing an updated app every day. One of the reasons Incursions is only browser for now.

Emberguard

It also seems to be a lot easier to develop and test features for browser (ie, beta). That way, everyone gets the update and doesn't have to keep installing an updated app every day. One of the reasons Incursions is only browser for now.
Good point. App stores would have to wait on apple / android to approve everything each time

Johnny B. Goode

Google is also making some mobile app games available on PC. I get prompts to try it all the time.

jaymoney23456

Google is also making some mobile app games available on PC. I get prompts to try it all the time.
Interesting though I can't imagine I would ever consider playing another online game. If I ever leave FOE its strictly console games for me. That way I can simply buy a game I like and play it at my leisure in any manner I see fit without the need to ever throw additional cash at it with perhaps the exception of xbox live membership.

CDmark

One thing I can say, I go to discord then come here. I just like how the forum is laid out, for me, much easier to get around. I am sure discord can be easier, I am no expert at it, but I have been there for a bit with the guild. If the game went to mobile, not sure I would play much, I am not a phone person at all, even tablet.

jaymoney23456

One thing I can say, I go to discord then come here. I just like how the forum is laid out, for me, much easier to get around. I am sure discord can be easier, I am no expert at it, but I have been there for a bit with the guild. If the game went to mobile, not sure I would play much, I am not a phone person at all, even tablet.
I don't do discord and if the game went mobile only I am certain I would never play it again!