• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Pericles the Lion

Except it isn't a real player you are fighting is it! Only a small percentage of the fights done could possibly be manual fights given the time it takes to finish a manual fight compared to an autobattle. Therefore, having the AI target rogues this way effectively nullifies the entire purpose of the rogue unit.
The rogues are not nullified. You're in SAAB. When I was there I used 2 Harpoons with 6 Rogues and had no problems defeating the opponent..

Emberguard

It must have been the players with poor stats themselves and low or no AO or Kraken. I doubt that many players with high attack and high AO and Kraken would have wanted this and I know of no one who likes how rogues are targeted in PvP.

No, they simply wanted it to be as close to a fair fight as possible as attacking each other does effect the other persons score in PvP Arena. There’s no fun in winning 100% of your fights when the opponent never had a chance to win

Having Virgo, AO, Kraken in play and Rogues targeted first would make for a almost guaranteed win when attacking that no amount of defending stats would be able to overcome.

We know that because the Guild Battleground opponents were getting defeated at 12,000% defence boosts using same age units, and no one has 12,000% boost anywhere in the game at the time of the feature being released.

I STILL haven’t seen anyone with 12,000% in any stats and there’s been a lot of powercreep since the feature’s introduction.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

No, they simply wanted it to be as close to a fair fight as possible as attacking each other does effect the other persons score in PvP Arena. There’s no fun in winning 100% of your fights when the opponent never had a chance to win

Having Virgo, AO, Kraken in play and Rogues targeted first would make for a almost guaranteed win when attacking that no amount of defending stats would be able to overcome.

We know that because the Guild Battleground opponents were getting defeated at 12,000% defence boosts using same age units, and no one has 12,000% boost anywhere in the game at the time of the feature being released.

I STILL haven’t seen anyone with 12,000% in any stats and there’s been a lot of powercreep since the feature’s introduction.
This is categorically false. I see 3 star opponents with 4k city defense stats in titan and I am in SAAB-there is no point in even trying that battle given the disparity between my units and titan units with that boost. Might have a chance with the kraken. What is really no fun is to have no chance to even possibly beat a 3 star opponent much of the time. PvP arena is very irritating for this way and you haven't addressed why it should be that rogues should be totally useless in part of the game?

Emberguard

This is categorically false. I see 3 star opponents with 4k city defense stats in titan and I am in SAAB-there is no point in even trying that battle given the disparity between my units and titan units with that boost. Might have a chance with the kraken. What is really no fun is to have no chance to even possibly beat a 3 star opponent much of the time. PvP arena is very irritating for this way and you haven't addressed why it should be that rogues should be totally useless in part of the game?

In what way is it false? Players have defeated 12k% in Guild Battlegrounds, and that's a number that's impossible to achieve in our own armies

and you haven't addressed why it should be that rogues should be totally useless in part of the game?

Because having Rogues targeted first in a PvP scenario means you'd have to reach 12,000% boost to have a chance against current Age which is a much easier opponent than higher Age would be, and that's an impossible number to achieve in our own cities

https://prnt.sc/qjefmh

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

In what way is it false? Players have defeated 12k% in Guild Battlegrounds, and that's a number that's impossible to achieve in our own armies

Because having Rogues targeted first in a PvP scenario means you'd have to reach 12,000% boost to have a chance against current Age which is a much easier opponent than higher Age would be, and that's an impossible number to achieve in our own cities

No one is beating opponents in GbG with 12k boost by using units that are 3 ages lower than the units they are facing. Your bit about needing enemies of 12k boost to not automatically win in PvP doesn't make any sense.

xivarmy

12k% against specific cherry picked defending armies or using above-era troops. A player chosen defending army wouldn't need to get that high to pose a potential problem. Though at the time player defense-levels were so very low anyways in general so no they wouldn't present a challenge. Even allowing people to use the nullified rogues and still think they were working well ;)

While not being rogue centric because of different AI (incidentally still stupid AI, but different-stupid) is a nice change of pace, the "No AO/Kraken/Virgo/etc" rules they started tacking onto various types of combat I'm really not a fan of. It's awfully arbitrary to still use some bonuses (like boost) from the main city, but exclude others. Kraken and Virgo were niche pieces anyways - restricting them from places you *might* actually want to use them effectively makes them trash.

And there was so many fundamental problems with PvP arena that it was a bad joke anyways, and balance in it hardly mattered. I mean top players just sit around beating up on fixed "bot" armies anyways. And as you can't lose points more than 5 times a day (again a player request, but a really stupid one to acquiesce to), there's no reason to care about your defending army and *if* you viewed it as a competition it just turns into "who spends the most diamonds on extra attempts for hard fights?" Incidentally it turns out as we started to get high defenses for GE, it actually *harms* you in PvP arena by lowering the points for your offensive victories - simply brilliant. It also does a poor job of instilling a sense of competition for anything other than 1st because the prizes barely change until the top 3. Oh you're now top 50? Have a small amount of medals and 20% chances for 20 extra diamonds and 10 extra goods than if you were *500th*.

It was a half-baked feature that got sent back to the drawing board, came back barely changed and still deeply flawed, and pushed to release regardless. I expect QI to follow its example (well perhaps without the back to the drawing board part - as they've learned that doesn't necessarily help :p).

Pericles the Lion

and I bet you could not beat an opponent with titan troops that had 4k boost with them.
When I was in SAAB, SAT had not been released. Anyway, I wouldn't have even tried. I would have fought in my weight class and won instead of trying to fight players three ages over me and lose. But, you do you.

Emberguard

Incidentally it turns out as we started to get high defenses for GE, it actually *harms* you in PvP arena by lowering the points for your offensive victories - simply brilliant.
Yeah that bit I'd like to see changed.

No one is beating opponents in GbG with 12k boost by using units that are 3 ages lower than the units they are facing.
I'm curious what:
(a)
you would consider to be low stats (and by extension what would be high stats) for a player to obtain given you're bringing up 4k% defense for why it's a bad idea, and earlier said only those with low stats would have made those requests (implying it'd create a problem at low stats).

And (b) at what percentage for higher aged opponents they start to become a problem (to you)

jaymoney23456

When I was in SAAB, SAT had not been released. Anyway, I wouldn't have even tried. I would have fought in my weight class and won instead of trying to fight players three ages over me and lose. But, you do you.
Why have 3 star opponents for ages below Titan if no one can even possibly beat them?

jaymoney23456

Yeah that bit I'd like to see changed.

I'm curious what:
(a)
you would consider to be low stats (and by extension what would be high stats) for a player to obtain given you're bringing up 4k% defense for why it's a bad idea, and earlier said only those with low stats would have made those requests (implying it'd create a problem at low stats).

And (b) at what percentage for higher aged opponents they start to become a problem (to you)
I am saying that there should be a chance to win the 3 star opponents for players that face units 3 ages ahead of them. WIth rogues being useless and not having the ability to use kraken titan troops at lets say much more than 2k boost are a problem when I am in SAAB. This is even with my regular red attack boost now over 3000%. When i was in teh top 20 ranking in PvP i would usually get the same player with over 4k defense boost (it would remain the same player for close to a month which was another dumb thing that likes to happen in PvP -facing the same exact opponent over and over), which is impossible to beat since it wasn't just the weaker titan troops that had crap movement and range.

Dursland

If botting was part of the reason for the GvG shutdown then GBG is in trouble.

It's starting to spread on US29. For the first year of the world opening day was lag-free, despite complaints from other worlds.

Then suddenly people start filling tiles like lightning and now there's tons of lag on opening day. Other guilds are getting away with botting, which is inspiring (forcing) other guilds to do the same. So it's spreading like wildfire now with Inno's blind eye towards it.

jaymoney23456

It's starting to spread on US29. For the first year of the world opening day was lag-free, despite complaints from other worlds.

Then suddenly people start filling tiles like lightning and now there's tons of lag on opening day. Other guilds are getting away with botting, which is inspiring (forcing) other guilds to do the same. So it's spreading like wildfire now with Inno's blind eye towards it.
Yes, there is certainly scripting in GbG. This is annoying but at least the scripting guild with less attrition overall to spend in a day can't keep up throughout a season to the non scripting guild that has more gbg fighters overall.

PJS299

On opening day in US8, I can get about one fight every 15 seconds, but that's only with a couple guilds. When I have a map without those guilds, it's lag free. The guild that has a laggy map happens to be first with double the VP of the second place guild.