• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

PJS299

That seems pretty unlikely that it just showed exactly like that without you doing any work to make it like that. Would make sense that you spent hammers getting it like that especially since you had 0 hammers left and those were the easiest to get from the rival quests lol Seems like you would have spent some leafs and lightning along the way if you were trying to complete the rivals so I don't buy that those are left over after completing 2 rival questlines. The rival questline was super lousy and was designed to try to get players to spend as much as possible. It was in no way designed to benefit any players and it was certainly as bad as many players think it was!
Cry about it.

Nobody cares.

Please leave your feedback for the Wildlife Event 2024 below.
ALl these events and rewards without expanding space are useless. Once one replaces the once great Colossus and other not-so-great past prizes, there's no room -- GBG gives rewards, GE gives Reward, Wildlife gives Rewards, there are reward events every two months--get with it or we just collect them and leave them in inventory. And who needs 3 gold of anything and then get grand prizes of more gold fragments, and the prize that you place gives you more gold fragments...

That's one perspective. A flawed one, in my opinion. I have been on the Forum for going on 9 years. The Forum in all that time has in general reflected the state of the game. Yes, it has turned negative for the most part, but that reflects the state of the game, just like always. GBG has major flaws that members of top guilds ignore because they benefit from how it is. GE was fine until they introduced level 5 and at the same time nerfed the rewards on levels 1-4. PVP Arena is okay, although it seems like many people don't see it as worthwhile. With power creep in event buildings, the Settlements have lost their luster. GvG is going away, and those of us who have seen their recent track record with features don't hold out much hope that Quantum Incursions (Guild Raids) will be very good. What does that leave to be positive about? Better event buildings? Hardly. That's where power creep has almost completely changed this game. Look at experienced players' cities and note how few Build menu buildings there are. What does that mean? It means that this is only nominally a city building game, it is now mostly an event game. The city now is only a reflection of the player's level of participation (and spending) in events. Almost no strategy at all. As noted in another thread, the worth of many GBs that have always been part of a well developed city is now in question. With fewer worthwhile GBs to level up, Forge Points become much less valuable, where they were once the lifeblood of the game. Managing resources used to be a major part of the game, but no more. Coins, supplies, medals, are all so plentiful that inventories are overflowing. Goods, with the exception of Special Goods and the goods of the latest era, are no problem to get and stockpile.

TL;DR: What used to be a city building game has turned into an event game to the exclusion of almost everything else.
I call it Forge of Fragments now. WIth no where to place new items.

Darkest.Knight

Different strokes for different folks, personally I don't mind the fragments. From my perspective it's nice to get "better" items a couple of times/week building them w/fragments, most of them have pretty descent stats. Using Finish Special Productions and BG buff I can produce a lot of fragments pretty quickly.

My point was that there are so many events and rewards that it's impossible with the limited space. When the game started there was no arc and no arctic eras. Inno got really cheap with the expansions and makes one buy them with diamonds for the upper levels. I'm bursting and the last thing I need is more fragments to be unable to put another item out. I've got 332 Ritual Flames. The fantastic jumping pumpkins give excellent attack, but alas, they remove 100s worth of happiness. And Traz at 250 or 300 increments for happiness IS NOT going to make up for them. THings like that are very annoying. The game has become a "collect your points", help your guild and move on. Even the 14 turn of Abort on the RQ is annoying. It's a shame. I used to enjoy the game. Now, not so much.

UBERhelp1

My point was that there are so many events and rewards that it's impossible with the limited space. When the game started there was no arc and no arctic eras. Inno got really cheap with the expansions and makes one buy them with diamonds for the upper levels. I'm bursting and the last thing I need is more fragments to be unable to put another item out. I've got 332 Ritual Flames. The fantastic jumping pumpkins give excellent attack, but alas, they remove 100s worth of happiness. And Traz at 250 or 300 increments for happiness IS NOT going to make up for them. THings like that are very annoying. The game has become a "collect your points", help your guild and move on. Even the 14 turn of Abort on the RQ is annoying. It's a shame. I used to enjoy the game. Now, not so much.
Maybe it's time to start getting rid of those ritual flames for something better :)

They're in inventory. And that's where they'll stay along with all the other junk that I can't put put. Visit my town--I'm up for suggestions. ANd no, I can't give up the Sakura Rocks bec they're each 21K of happiness. So while I would be opening to get rid of them, and have taken some away, unless Inno comes up with something that has a lot more happiness in sucha small space, I'm stuck. The Opus are for DQ and Events. I can do all the dailies in one day.

Pericles the Lion

Out with the old....in with the new. City development is about incremental improvement over time.

Sharmon the Impaler

They're in inventory. And that's where they'll stay along with all the other junk that I can't put put. Visit my town--I'm up for suggestions. ANd no, I can't give up the Sakura Rocks bec they're each 21K of happiness. So while I would be opening to get rid of them, and have taken some away, unless Inno comes up with something that has a lot more happiness in sucha small space, I'm stuck. The Opus are for DQ and Events. I can do all the dailies in one day.
The new Flamingos are 55K happiness , Vibrant Vineyards are 44K .

Out with the old....in with the new. City development is about incremental improvement over time.
Absolutely. And that's why I have five Col in inventory as well. The point is that incremental improvement over time is possible when one isn't inundated with events and GBG rewards that can never be placed or aren't worthy. Inno needs to give more space. That's the upshot. It removed city planner and made another set of nightmares for us. THe game is supposed to be fun. Not a lot of work. But that's my view and one thing I def will not do this year is become the itinerant St Patrick Manager. Not a chance.

Pericles the Lion

Absolutely. And that's why I have five Col in inventory as well. The point is that incremental improvement over time is possible when one isn't inundated with events and GBG rewards that can never be placed or aren't worthy. Inno needs to give more space. That's the upshot. It removed city planner and made another set of nightmares for us. THe game is supposed to be fun. Not a lot of work. But that's my view and one thing I def will not do this year is become the itinerant St Patrick Manager. Not a chance.
There are things that players can't do in the game and there are things that players won't do in the game. Imo, INNO should consider the former and ignore the latter.

If they introduce too many that players won't do then that would be just dumb to continue on that path no ?
Already they've introduced too much. Every Tuesday GE. Every 11 days GBG. Every two months or so for 60 days or so, an Event. SC and HC for doing RQ and now there's 14 aborts to get to 2-FP RQ in TItan. It's ridiculous. But that's me. It's a shame, really. As I said, once upon a time this game was fun. Now it's work. And a lot of it.

Pericles the Lion

Already they've introduced too much. Every Tuesday GE. Every 11 days GBG. Every two months or so for 60 days or so, an Event. SC and HC for doing RQ and now there's 14 aborts to get to 2-FP RQ in TItan. It's ridiculous. But that's me. It's a shame, really. As I said, once upon a time this game was fun. Now it's work. And a lot of it.
The thing is that it's an "all you can eat buffet" which is different from an "eat everything buffet". If it becomes overwhelming then moderation becomes the key. I find GBG fighting in Titan a real chore so I do a lot less of it than I did in SAJM which is fine with me.

Xenosaur

ALl these events and rewards without expanding space are useless. Once one replaces the once great Colossus and other not-so-great past prizes, there's no room -- GBG gives rewards, GE gives Reward, Wildlife gives Rewards, there are reward events every two months--get with it or we just collect them and leave them in inventory. And who needs 3 gold of anything and then get grand prizes of more gold fragments, and the prize that you place gives you more gold fragments...
They are making you work, as the mayor of your city. Limited space help them mitigate runaway cities. But you have to sharpen your pencil and figure out what goes and what stays. Same thing managers do when they have to cut headcount. You have to make hard decision because you can't get any more space (or you get less salary money to pay your employees).

Why do you think so many FoE newbies burn out so fast? They put down a TRAZ in the Iron age, and that puts a tourniquet on what can productively help them... and they race up the era tree and/or deep into the continent map because it gives them the "morphine drip" of building relief - ie, more room - but it's clear they cannot manage what they have.

So... the higher they go with 1 thing in mind - space relief - leaves them ill suited to play the game right. They become discourage, or tumbleweeds (or both...) or finally - the death spiral begins and their city topples over (like the leaning tower of Pisa's going to do eventually)...

and they quit, unable to handle it.

As to your other point of "so much to do".... Touching upon that here, in the beta forum.

Last edited: