• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

panda2.jpg

The increase from 20 to 30 Paw Prints per prize has turned the Event from easy to win, if you worked hard, last year to unwinnable this year. (Winnable = Obtaining Max Level Main Event building.)

Xenosaur

View attachment 21148

The increase from 20 to 30 Paw Prints per prize has turned the Event from easy to win, if you worked hard, last year to unwinnable this year. (Winnable = Obtaining Max Level Main Event building.)

You are fortunate. A lot of beta players MISSED getting the last upgrade (10th upgrade), to make a level 11 building with the count set to 30.

So finally - it was just changed from 30 as we played in beta, to 25 for live (higher than 20 from last year, but lower than we experienced in beta at 30)...
It's still a LONG month of playing this, and doing the Daily Challenge each day during this, and do 3, 2 day mini-challenges during the event too, but at least you'll be the happy owner of a .... wildlife event building that's pretty lame for city value.

Don't worry though. Next year, it will be 30 paws, and the event will be 1.5 months of time.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Dursland

wildlife event building that's pretty lame for city value.
I don't think it's that lame. 50/60% red stats in GBG is pretty good, considering Arcane Tarot Card Caravans is the same size and only 31/29% red in FE.

Not to mention the Gator, which is better than Sentinel Outpost 2 in attacker's defense per tile.

Wwwoodchuck

No feedback about the event yet as it has not even started!

I have feedback about negative feedback.

Back in the olden days, long before the internet where anonymous entities could give negative “reviews” about a business without even visiting them, the only way a business could get feedback was face to face. If someone walked into my store and did not make a purchase, I would wonder why. Lots of folks would hit me up at the counter saying positive thing about why they DID make a purchase. But I wanted to know more why people DID NOT make a purchase. I wanted that negative feedback.

In small towns you would run into folks who give bad ‘reviews’ or do not purchase, so in passing, say howdy and ask them why. That is what I wanted to change. I was already pleasing the positive review people, I wanted to try and please the unhappy or negative feedback people.

Any business who is concerned about staying in business is more concerned about the negative comments rather than the positive comments. A happy customer tells 5 friends, an unhappy customer tells 10. If a business is not concerned about staying in business, they ignore the negative comments keep on doing what they are doing. If someone was unhappy, I found out why and tried to make it good.

And no, you are not going to please everyone. But if you are getting more negative feedback than you are getting positive feedback, a business might want to take note and see why. Any business that does not, does not have a long term plan to stay in business.

Enjoy the event!

Xenosaur

I don't think it's that lame. 50/60% red stats in GBG is pretty good, considering Arcane Tarot Card Caravans is the same size and only 31/29% red in FE.

Not to mention the Gator, which is better than Sentinel Outpost 2 in attacker's defense per tile.
You play like a whale - no disrespect, but you're always in EVERY event, full stop. Your in a new world, and that's cool, and you're playing like you are.

You don't discriminate, and never say no to what ever Inno produces, and spend diamonds each event. You're a "playa". Inno loves you.

SO yes, for me it's lame. I don't need to play 1 VERY LONG month, 4 times a day in the mini-event, and always play the DC for the day, and play 3 Rival mini-challenges completely during that month, and spend diamonds to get an attack building, that's LAME even with a gold and silver upgrade applied.
It was just updated to reduced it's lameness for achievement, at the very last minute before it goes live.

But whatever floats your boat is fine.

I"ll make it clear to everyone else right now: Inno just softened this up, and probably made it easier to achieve. Howver, in beta and now in Live - you're tied to this event for 1 month. You miss ANYTHING - you STILL may have to pay to make it up - even with the reduction from 30 to 25 paws to make the event upgrade.

Look at the BIG PICTURE of where these events are going. Longer, harder, and multiple ways to fail or be distracted.

Not where I want to be for 1 month - life happens outside of FoE.

Things can't be cut so razor tight in my life that I have to be here, without fail, for 1 month - no exceptions - or else I pay to make up what I couldn't do because real life happens.

Maybe in your world - but not in mine.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

And no, you are not going to please everyone. But if you are getting more negative feedback than you are getting positive feedback, a business might want to take note and see why. Any business that does not, does not have a long term plan to stay in business.
I appreciated you whole message. but the internet feedback, (and particularly this Forum) is different that in person life.
It should be clear to anyone that this forum is dominated by intensely negative comments. There are no positive comments aside from a few responses to negative ones. Have the bad commentators driven off any positive players, except two of us (so it seems.. feel free to chime in if you have anything good to say)?
And one would have to say, no one would be playing Forge Of empires anymore if everyone felt the same way all the negative posters seem to feel. So clearly something weird has happened to dissociate the Forum for the actual game play/players.
How that happened the mechanism ?? but it obviously is true IMO
The one idea I get is birds of a feather flock together.. So all the naysayers have diligently filled the Forums with their negative views.
So I can happily report that since all the Foe haters are here furiously denigrating all things Foe,, everyone else playing likes it pretty much. LoL
:eek:

Wwwoodchuck

I appreciated you whole message. but the internet feedback, (and particularly this Forum) is different that in person life.
It should be clear to anyone that this forum is dominated by intensely negative comments. There are no positive comments aside from a few responses to negative ones. Have the bad commentators driven off any positive players, except two of us (so it seems.. feel free to chime in if you have anything good to say)?
And one would have to say, no one would be playing Forge Of empires anymore if everyone felt the same way all the negative posters seem to feel. So clearly something weird has happened to dissociate the Forum for the actual game play/players.
The one idea I get is birds of a feather flock together.. So all the naysayers have diligently filled the Forums with their negative views.
So I can happily report that since all the Foe haters are here furiously denigrating all things Foe,, everyone else playing likes it pretty much. LoL
Time will tell. I do see many users come here to voice concerns and get chased off. They are told their concerns are not valid instead of rationalizing with them. It is mostly because they are not articulate about how they initially voice those concerns.

A user will come on with “This game/event sucks”. They are immediately bombarded with ‘you know nothing, it is fine, you suck’ as a reply. The original user may make another comment or two, then disappears off the forum, never to return. Read back through the posts, that is what I see happening and what happened to me when I first questioned things. Very few complaints are talked out or rationalized. It is mostly from the core group that semi-discussions happen amongst themselves.

I see users seeking out the forums only if they have a question or complaint. Very few will seek out a game forum just to say all is well. So yes, it could well seem that most users posting are complaining, this is the only outlet for them. And Inno has specific threads titled “Feedback for this or that” so… that seems like the place for them to come and complain? If this is standard on all game forum discussions or not, I do not know.

Not being a heavy online gaming enthusiast, I cannot say if Inno is going down the right path or not. From where I am playing, I see it as a disaster in the making. The few top guilds on the worlds I have accounts on are the ones doing most of the spending. It has dropped right off for guilds/groups outside of that group. And also drops off outside of the top players in those Guilds. Check out user’s cities starting at the top slots. Spend some time, not just looking at the top 10, do 50 or 75.

1,455-odd days ago when I started many more users had multiples of each new event building. Now, I am seeing a lot more ‘older’ like Ferris wheels, House of Wolf, Festive Canals, even the harvest Barn full set is making a comeback, not just the fields. What I do not see a lot more of is the newer event buildings, even though they have the power LEAP of much higher stats.

You might see an Aegean Resort here and there, but not multiples once you get off the first few pages of a world. Not a lot of multiple Autumn Vineyards, Sun-haven Palaces, Legendary Lodge, Laboratory of Monstrosities… I see multiples of Eagle Mountains, Governor’s Villas and Viceroy, Stage of Ages, Winner’s Plazas, Rotundas and surprisingly not a lot of Buccaneer’s Bays. This tells me users are not spending as much on the events as they did even a year or so ago.

Spending participation, even in the top guilds also has slowed down. A year ago asking for 50 diamonds to rush buildings, heck.. You didn’t even have to ask. Drop a building and it was dimed. Now, outside of a few players, not a lot of folks rushing to drop hundreds of diamonds for one building, much less 500+ diamonds for several on a sector. And it is always the same few folks spending. Silence while waiting, then… 20 folks all SLAM the sector once the buildings are rushed! LOL!!!

I have not heard much enthusiasm for another 30 day long event. For me, if a company was going down the right path enthusiasm would be high: “YEAH!! 30 day event! This is going to be great!!” All I have heard in the very few discussions is “How long? You are kidding, right?? I have to use the tickets or lose them???” These issues were all brought up on the beta forum. It just does not seem like a recipe for success if a company does not listen.

And I have heard zero talk about the new event buildings. A year ago it was all hype long before an event. Everyone knew what the new building was and had a strategy for how to get several! Before the event icon popped up on the city screen today, no one even mentioned a new event coming up. I wonder how many even know what the event consists of? No talk of it in any guild I am in today, even thought the icon is now there.

Wwwoodchuck

This is where the opposing viewpoints get to chime in.

“People LOVE long events!! They are just so happy and busy planning they cannot speak about them right now! They DO have multiples of all the new buildings, everyone has been spending. They are just keeping them in inventory as they do not have space to put them in yet!! People DO still spend lots of diamonds! They do not rush to dime camps as they want to give others a chance to also, they do not want to hog all the spending in a guild!!”

:)

jaymoney23456

You play like a whale - no disrespect, but you're always in EVERY event, full stop. Your in a new world, and that's cool, and you're playing like you are.

You don't discriminate, and never say no to what ever Inno produces, and spend diamonds each event. You're a "playa". Inno loves you.

SO yes, for me it's lame. I don't need to play 1 VERY LONG month, 4 times a day in the mini-event, and always play the DC for the day, and play 3 Rival mini-challenges completely during that month, and spend diamonds to get an attack building, that's LAME even with a gold and silver upgrade applied.
It was just updated to reduced it's lameness for achievement, at the very last minute before it goes live.

But whatever floats your boat is fine.

I"ll make it clear to everyone else right now: Inno just softened this up, and probably made it easier to achieve. Howver, in beta and now in Live - you're tied to this event for 1 month. You miss ANYTHING - you STILL may have to pay to make it up - even with the reduction from 30 to 25 paws to make the event upgrade.

Look at the BIG PICTURE of where these events are going. Longer, harder, and multiple ways to fail or be distracted.

Not where I want to be for 1 month - life happens outside of FoE.

Things can't be cut so razor tight in my life that I have to be here, without fail, for 1 month - no exceptions - or else I pay to make up what I couldn't do because real life happens.

Maybe in your world - but not in mine.
More of the easier events need to make a comeback. Events like the forgebowl where you could pick which day you wanted to spend the event currency for whatever daily special you wanted and it was straightforward about what you get for spending diamonds to do things like buy the ultimate coach on the day you are spending your event currency. Its plain to see that all these more time consuming events are designed to do nothing but get people to have to spend to get the maxed out building for the event. Longterm this is like shooting yourself in the foot because it ends up alienating more and more players to the point it likely becomes harder and harder to make up for that with fewer players willing to fork over cahs for the game. I won't be bothering with the rival quests. You probably end up spending lots of tools and wildlife coins in a wasteful manner and get less in return and the only thing of value is the golden tickets which are too much of a hassle to get. I would rather spend diamonds simply buying tickets than spend a bunch of diamonds on a stupid questline like the rival quest for the event looks to be.

jaymoney23456

I know plenty of players that are not on the forums or at least not on them regularly that have major issues with the direction the game is going in. If you try taking a more critical look at the changes to the game instead of blindly embracing every change and you may find that they lose their luster on closer inspection lol

Johnny B. Goode

That's one perspective. A flawed one, in my opinion. I have been on the Forum for going on 9 years. The Forum in all that time has in general reflected the state of the game. Yes, it has turned negative for the most part, but that reflects the state of the game, just like always. GBG has major flaws that members of top guilds ignore because they benefit from how it is. GE was fine until they introduced level 5 and at the same time nerfed the rewards on levels 1-4. PVP Arena is okay, although it seems like many people don't see it as worthwhile. With power creep in event buildings, the Settlements have lost their luster. GvG is going away, and those of us who have seen their recent track record with features don't hold out much hope that Quantum Incursions (Guild Raids) will be very good. What does that leave to be positive about? Better event buildings? Hardly. That's where power creep has almost completely changed this game. Look at experienced players' cities and note how few Build menu buildings there are. What does that mean? It means that this is only nominally a city building game, it is now mostly an event game. The city now is only a reflection of the player's level of participation (and spending) in events. Almost no strategy at all. As noted in another thread, the worth of many GBs that have always been part of a well developed city is now in question. With fewer worthwhile GBs to level up, Forge Points become much less valuable, where they were once the lifeblood of the game. Managing resources used to be a major part of the game, but no more. Coins, supplies, medals, are all so plentiful that inventories are overflowing. Goods, with the exception of Special Goods and the goods of the latest era, are no problem to get and stockpile.

TL;DR: What used to be a city building game has turned into an event game to the exclusion of almost everything else.

planetofthehumans2

I gotta agree with the announcement, extremely poor compared to the winter event and event the beta wildlife announcement. Someone really dropped the ball on this (why not copy paste the beta one?), I hope the trend doesn't continue.

Dursland

You don't discriminate, and never say no to what ever Inno produces, and spend diamonds each event. You're a "playa".
Didn't spend diamonds or buy the pass in Fall '22, Halloween '22, Forge Bowl '23.

It sounds like you might be happier playing another game, as FoE events are not going back to the simple format. I wouldn't be surprised to see the gift box shuffle disappear by time Summer '24 rolls around.

Dursland

Also is it just me or do the avatars here look like Brad Pitt and Dax Shepard, respectively?

4227eef40d08c86cf1f87fcea0076858
552375b93e737f317f22a15a425dc6a3