• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

jaymoney23456

No talk in any Guild I am in about the event. No one has posted the questlines or a thread about the reward system or a strategy, there has been nothing. No links for Mooingcat, Uber, FoEhints, or any other video’s about the event or strategies. I do not remember another event that has had complete silence the day before it started in all the guilds and on the web. Possibly it is due to the season, folks having issues or real life projects getting in the way.

For me, the Wildlife Event has not even started yet and I have no plans to do more than casually play. This is the first event that I am not going to actively try for the building. I am not going to turn the next 30 days into a JOB where I HAVE to make sure I have one active space for a ticket to accumulate while still maintaining enough stock to be prepared to spend under 48 hours working on one of 3 surprise, 30-something long Rival quests.

Yes, I looked through the Rival questlines from beta. They all seem more like a pain in the backside to worry about completing than a fun, leisure time activity. And for those folks who look forward to them and enjoy them, go for it! Enjoy! I am sure that by completing them you will gain a HUGE edge and do much, much better in the event than I do! You rule, I drool!!

I may or may not get the full building. Either way it is going to have zero influence on my ability to play FoE in Titan. Truth be known… I likely have a better building in inventory already. Heck, I may have a dozen or more better buildings in inventory! I would just have to go through 9 pages of fragment inventory and assemble them, then check using an outside add-on to see how many of each level of each building I have, then check to see if they have a silver or gold level under a different name, then check the dozen or more Epic collection kits and/or reward chests I forgot to open to see if I have any other kits for each of those buildings, then….

HRmm.. Ya know what? Unless Inno decides to make different and brand new kinds of “military boosts” for different parts of the game, I likely make more than enough fragments of buildings to keep replacing weaker buildings in my city without ever having to do another event! But they would never do that, would they? Have a one military boost for say GbG, then a different one for GE, then a different one for Quantum Incursions, then a different one for…… … … …
Honestly, this event's minigame has the least amt of strategy of pretty much any event in the game. Being really good at getting the tiles to line up with the same color in the mini game could help with daily prizes but luck playes a huge role in how many paws you even see on a board if any. Also, I have to say I can only look at this stupid minigame for so long before I wanna punch the screen lol

jaymoney23456

I'm amused by the fact someone here called me out for being "all in on events, full stop" and here I am awake at 3:19am waiting for it to start.

Gotta use up those tickets to get new ones!

I'm excited to see the rebalancing on rivals quests. I was going to skip them but now they sound doable and definitely worthwhile.
You must be a salesman's dream come true lol
This event is now blatantly set up to make everyone at least spend diamonds to have any realistic chance at getting the fully leveled flamingo building never mind the gold level of the animal crossing. I wouldn't do the rival questline if someone paid me to do it unless they take away any quest that involves doing actions in the minigame, which is in itself designed to get the dim witted to open their wallets.

jaymoney23456

I'm not having any problem seeing the images on my PC. When you figure out the solution let us know. My bet is that the problem is on your end.
This is pretty much the exact stock reply you will hear from inno anytime you send in a ticket regarding game lag, which is pretty obviously a problem on inno's end lol

jaymoney23456

So for a not so good building you need to pay the 30$ entrance fee then the 100$+ diamond fee for the 1% thing ? I will be missing this event just on principle. This kind of callous attitude toward their customers should not be rewarded.
With the set up for this event they should save everyone a lot of time and hassle and just post the price for whatever building anyone cares to buy from the event and be done with it.
Maybe if they are feeling generous they could also offer a price in diamonds for many of them lol

I used to look forward to the events way back when the Historical events were the thing. They were short, interesting and fairly easy to do. Granted, the end prizes have not aged well compared to the new event prizes, but I didn't feel the pressure to BUY BUY BUY NOW that Inno has changed into. Now when a "new" (replayed from last year) event comes along, it just makes me say Ugh... really, the only one I look forward to at all is the St Pat's event. I have heard a lot of negative comments about that one, but for me, it's the easiest to set up and let run for a few hours before bouncing in and collecting stuff and resetting. Wildlife event is based on luck of getting Paws to even show up and based on how much you are willing to spend ( cash or diamonds). I will probably play it in one world just to see what happens

jaymoney23456

Maybe that's because the "stock reply" is often the correct reply.
When there is lag in Guild battlegrounds for example its pretty obvious that its an isssue with Inno's servers being overloaded. This is especially true when everyone in our guild reports experiencing bad game lag. Also, I am able to stream Netflix or Max and do anything else on the internet at the same time this is going on without experiencing any issues. But hey if you choose to believe that the 'stock reply' is usually correct, best of luck to you lololol

Ebeondi Asi

On the topic of lag.. Streaming is a 'continuous one way flow. IT is 'easy'... Foe on the other hand is a choppy mess of two way communication, where the in and out is totally different. I have repeatedly told about this event that happened to me, but here again for your edification: Two years ago I started getting lag playing GbG. over time (a month) it got so bad I thought I cant play GbG anymore? Anyway I happened to run a Microsoft Modem diagnostic, and it sad there was a problem with the Modem. How as above, no other downloading or streaming had any problem! But I called the tech for my internet provider and they also ran a diagnostic after I explained my issue with playing Foe. and yes it was the modem! replacing the modem solved my issue.
And yes at first and for that month I was blaming Inno. When it was my own equipment.
It has something to do with he constant back and forth this game does with data.
So es everyone gets lag at the start of GbG. if you get lag all the time it is not Foe. it is your equipment.

Ebeondi Asi

For the event, I am still on the fence about playing it. I dread the typical lack of honest percentages for Daily rewards. it is my one real complaint about Events and Foe cheating constantly with the 'good' daily prizes for percentage of Daily as rewards. Oddly that is never an issue for junk Daily prizes. So I call cheating scumbags. And I seem to have gotten a form of PTSD over it over time. Why bother to play Events knowing it will be a big letdown over never getting Daily prizes on a fair and consistent manner

jaymoney23456

On the topic of lag.. Streaming is a 'continuous one way flow. IT is 'easy'... Foe on the other hand is a choppy mess of two way communication, where the in and out is totally different. I have repeatedly told about this event that happened to me, but here again for your edification: Two years ago I started getting lag playing GbG. over time (a month) it got so bad I thought I cant play GbG anymore? Anyway I happened to run a Microsoft Modem diagnostic, and it sad there was a problem with the Modem. How as above, no other downloading or streaming had any problem! But I called the tech for my internet provider and they also ran a diagnostic after I explained my issue with playing Foe. and yes it was the modem! replacing the modem solved my issue.
And yes at first and for that month I was blaming Inno. When it was my own equipment.
It has something to do with he constant back and forth this game does with data.
So es everyone gets lag at the start of GbG. if you get lag all the time it is not Foe. it is your equipment.
Occasionally this or that player might have a problem with their internet connection to cause lag but its far more common for the game to simply be lagging for all users.

Emm55

For the event, I am still on the fence about playing it. I dread the typical lack of honest percentages for Daily rewards. it is my one real complaint about Events and Foe cheating constantly with the 'good' daily prizes for percentage of Daily as rewards. Oddly that is never an issue for junk Daily prizes. So I call cheating scumbags. And I seem to have gotten a form of PTSD over it over time. Why bother to play Events knowing it will be a big letdown over never getting Daily prizes on a fair and consistent manner
This is why I stopped playing events about 9 months ago. Now I just play GBG to be with my friends. End of my stress.

Dursland

You must be a salesman's dream come true lol
This event is now blatantly set up to make everyone at least spend diamonds to have any realistic chance at getting the fully leveled flamingo building never mind the gold level of the animal crossing. I wouldn't do the rival questline if someone paid me to do it unless they take away any quest that involves doing actions in the minigame, which is in itself designed to get the dim witted to open their wallets.
lol. Yeah I agree with you, this event is designed to make people spend diamonds.

I wasn't going to spend diamonds on this, but I have to if I want to maximize my pass purchase. The third gator upgrade is at 500. Can't get there for free.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am waiting for them to start giving x/50 ticket frags. 25 instead of 20 changes it completely in the dealers favor , you get 4 rewards instead of 5 per 100 now. That's a 20% reduction. Tie this with Inno nerfing the odds on the dailies and you basically have the same odds as the Calender last event with a skin over it.

Dursland

When does the Rival quest begin?
We don't know.

Man, not only are the incidents stingy but they give super low amounts too. Just got 3 wildlife coins from one.

Wow 3 wildlife coins. If that comes once a day I should get 90 more by the end of the event! Thanks inno!

jaymoney23456

When does the Rival quest begin?
I have not heard anything regarding this. I would not doubt that inno wants to keep it secret until it shows up one day. That way more players will likely buy more tickets and coins trying to finish it since they will be more likely to not prepare for it when there is no clue as to when it will appear.

jaymoney23456

We don't know.

Man, not only are the incidents stingy but they give super low amounts too. Just got 3 wildlife coins from one.

Wow 3 wildlife coins. If that comes once a day I should get 90 more by the end of the event! Thanks inno!
I have only seen a grand total of 2 incidents in my city so far today and I have been in and out of the game several times lol
Neither one gave a single coin!

Pericles the Lion

Iirc, the Daily Challenges during last year's Wildlife Event did not offer an option for the "Wildlife Event Chest" that we have this year. :)

jaymoney23456

I did get 10 coins from the daily challenge today but I don't see why there is no chance to win extra tickets from the daily challenges!