• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

Dursland

I have only seen a grand total of 2 incidents in my city so far today and I have been in and out of the game several times lol
Neither one gave a single coin!
I let incidents pile up for 24 hours day before event so had a bunch to click on when it started.

So far gotten 10 coins and 3 coins. Guessing 15 coins is the high level one.

HardWire

Bug found: increase happiness by 10k quest - removing a magical winter snow globe that has -14100 happiness does count for the quest.

Graviton

Bug found: increase happiness by 10k quest - removing a magical winter snow globe that has -14100 happiness does count for the quest.

How's that a bug?

This event is now blatantly set up to make everyone at least spend diamonds to have any realistic chance at getting the fully leveled flamingo building never mind the gold level of the animal crossing.

I expect to get the main building for free just like every other event I've played for the past 9 years. We shall see, 'cause I'm not spending diamonds.

jaymoney23456

How's that a bug?

I expect to get the main building for free just like every other event I've played for the past 9 years. We shall see, 'cause I'm not spending diamonds.
You got the winter event building for free without spending any diamonds? If so, you must have been among the luckier players to participate in that event given that there was no possible strategy other than to make sure you didn't start a board without clearing it so you at least got the 10 stars for shuffle and to make sure to finish the event and try to find stars from incidents (this mostly gave poor results also).

Dursland

You got the winter event building for free without spending any diamonds? If so, you must have been among the luckier players to participate in that event
I played the Winter event for free in 3 diamond worlds and got the full building all, no problem. Only took a few days each to finish off the silver and gold upgrades since we got some fragments of them in the prize line.

One world I even got to 460 for free for the golden choco too.

If you didn't get the main building you were actually unlucky.

jaymoney23456

I played the Winter event for free in 3 diamond worlds and got the full building all, no problem. Only took a few days each to finish off the silver and gold upgrades since we got some fragments of them in the prize line.

One world I even got to 460 for free for the golden choco too.

If you didn't get the main building you were actually unlucky.
This certainly doesn't match the experience of the vast majority of players!

Graviton

You got the winter event building for free without spending any diamonds? If so, you must have been among the luckier players to participate in that event given that there was no possible strategy other than to make sure you didn't start a board without clearing it so you at least got the 10 stars for shuffle and to make sure to finish the event and try to find stars from incidents (this mostly gave poor results also).
I not only got the building including the silver upgrade, I got an extra Lvl 1 and five regular upgrades. Just a few days ago it produced the golden upgrade, so I have a fully levelled Pyramid. Zero diamonds spent.

PJS299

You got the winter event building for free without spending any diamonds?
I played it in two worlds and got the Silver Upgrade for free (via fragments). I now have golden in both. I was only a couple progress away from Golden Choco, so I spent a little bit (first time since... ever) diamonds to get that. Also, just like @Graviton, got extra upgrades, and plenty of epic kits. I could've spent nothing, but decided to splurge a little bit since I never spend diamonds on events.

If you did the quests, then you could get the building for free. Also, landing on the shuffle would be helpful since you get your stars back, and progress.

CDmark

When does the Rival quest begin?
In beta, it started the 2nd week, Tue, about 30 min after GE started. That is the only data point we have. People complained because they finished quests and didn't have tickets via the questline. So, if people complained, I expect them not to change it....lol I will try and keep some questline tickets on hand, there is also the ticket at 75 progress in the grand prize area.

jaymoney23456

I not only got the building including the silver upgrade, I got an extra Lvl 1 and five regular upgrades. Just a few days ago it produced the golden upgrade, so I have a fully levelled Pyramid. Zero diamonds spent.
After I looked at my comment about this again I realized I misstated what I was trying to say. I got the main winter pyramid just fine-what I was meaning to say was that it wasn't feasible to get the gold upgrade to last year's chocolatly building without spending diamonds. I bout 100 stars once to get it, which granted wasn't a huge amt of diamonds but there was nothing else I could have done to acquire more stars in order to make more progress without spending diamonds. So, a lot of players probably didn't get that upgrade without diamonds or cash, which is pretty stingy for a game that is advertised as free to play. You are not playing a game at least not in a way that is enjoyable if it gets to the point where you become hopelessly outmatched by the cash spenders. At that point the game ceases to become free to play in any meaningful way. This is where the game is headed if it keeps up in the direction it has been going in.

WillyTwoShoes

With the set up for this event they should save everyone a lot of time and hassle and just post the price for whatever building anyone cares to buy from the event and be done with it.
Maybe if they are feeling generous they could also offer a price in diamonds for many of them lol
Actually I think that is a great idea! Quit pretending that events are fun and just put the $ sign on it.

Dursland

what I was meaning to say was that it wasn't feasible to get the gold upgrade to last year's chocolatly building without spending diamonds. I bout 100 stars once to get it, which granted wasn't a huge amt of diamonds but there was nothing else I could have done to acquire more stars in order to make more progress without spending diamonds.
Agreed. This was likely the intended design on the part of the developers, to incite players to spend a small amount of diamonds to get it.

I only made 460 in 2 out of 4 worlds. Anyway let's get back on topic here.

I've played 5 boards and sitting at 23 paws so decent average thus far. One more board and I collect my set of prizes. If I can keep up this avg I'll be doing good.

Found out that it takes 575 progress to get second Flamingo with gold pass. (Thanks Ubernerd!)

So that's my goal. Coincidentally this also gets you 4 fully upgraded gators so great deal.

I shouldn't have to spend many or any diamonds to maximize my pass purchase, as Ubernerd said it's possible to get to 575 for free if you complete the mini challenges.

Wwwoodchuck

Actually I think that is a great idea! Quit pretending that events are fun and just put the $ sign on it.
At various times during the year, Inno advertises past event buildings strictly for diamonds. They will be the pop-up offers, each level for so many diamonds. You can buy only the amount of levels to get one full building.

They are half way there with the Silver and Gold prize levels during events. These are strictly pay to get rewards. Usually, these rewards are also available to players for free, in regular event play. I believe there was one time they had a building that was only available in one of them. If I desire the Gold level of the event building or the gold level of Animal Crossing, I simply pay the entry fee and while I do still have to play the event, I do not have to be too proficient at it to get the rest of the building, and other event buildings and prizes.

I have in the past paid for gold level to get these upgrades and buildings. For me, it was worth the $25 not to have to be as proficient at the event. Time is money, and even in retirement, time away from the game is valuable and $25 to not worry was well worth it to me. These days, $25 is stopping somewhere and buying lunch sandwiches for the old woman and myself.

I see in this particular event, they are stingy giving out upgrades to the main building in the pay reward levels! If you look back at the 2023 Winter event, there are main building selection kits starting at 20 progress. This event, upgrades to the main building start at 400 progress and start heavily. In past events using the pay reward it was possible to get two full buildings in regular play, this event, it will require the user to play more of the regular event game (aka. pay Diamonds) to gain more progress to get a second building.

And for the folks who will nit pick and critique the above. Go right ahead, go for it. Your words have no power over me and I usually get a good chuckle!

Pericles the Lion

I see in this particular event, they are stingy giving out upgrades to the main building in the pay reward levels! If you look back at the 2023 Winter event, there are main building selection kits starting at 20 progress. This event, upgrades to the main building start at 400 progress and start heavily. In past events using the pay reward it was possible to get two full buildings in regular play, this event, it will require the user to play more of the regular event game (aka. pay Diamonds) to gain more progress to get a second building.
Or, get the first one for free and be patient while it spawns the second one for free.

Ebeondi Asi

Being in Titan Era, I find there is no reason anymore to do Events. there is no space to put anything, and no reason to 'trade up' for small incremental additions to boost. at such great effort. (since the Events are getting more difficult) And then havng to remove things that are really just as valuable for other reasons than boost.
I thought I would do the Event, but after the first day I have decided I can pass on it, to zero detriment to my game play.
I have plenty to work on in my Cities anyway. The Gold League is going to be too expensive and too likely to fail to get it (with such a valuable prize at stake)
One new thought was if they gave an expansion as a Gold League prize..Above and beyond any expansions one can get in the game at present. Even unique expansions that are the only ones that can fit into the space above the top right corner where it is a cut out with no current expansions possible. I can tell Inno it would be a terrific fight trying to get that Gold League!!!

Last edited:

Graviton

After I looked at my comment about this again I realized I misstated what I was trying to say. I got the main winter pyramid just fine-what I was meaning to say was that it wasn't feasible to get the gold upgrade to last year's chocolatly building without spending diamonds. .. So, a lot of players probably didn't get that upgrade without diamonds or cash, which is pretty stingy for a game that is advertised as free to play.

I suspected this was what you meant. It's long been said that diamonds are used to purchase time, in essence: they're for people who have no patience, and this is once again the case. When a building produces its own golden upgrade over time there is zero reason to spend diamonds for it except to have it right now instead of later. So it's absolutely free to play as advertised. I also got the golden upgrade for the Chocolate building, but I didn't get it from the event, I got it from productions. It took awhile, but they didn't cost me anything. Keep in mind, I only have one Chocolate building, I didn't need golden upgrades for multiples.

jaymoney23456

I suspected this was what you meant. It's long been said that diamonds are used to purchase time, in essence: they're for people who have no patience, and this is once again the case. When a building produces its own golden upgrade over time there is zero reason to spend diamonds for it except to have it right now instead of later. So it's absolutely free to play as advertised. I also got the golden upgrade for the Chocolate building, but I didn't get it from the event, I got it from productions. It took awhile, but they didn't cost me anything. Keep in mind, I only have one Chocolate building, I didn't need golden upgrades for multiples.
The cholocate building that was originally available from over a year ago from winter event 2022 did not have any ability to get a gold upgrade for it until the kit came out from the most recent winter event. The only way to get this upgrade was to either pay for the pass, pay for probably multiple sets of elf prizes, make enough progress on the prizeline, and I think from the top league or something. None of these was likely to be done without at least spending diamonds or cash.