• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

Xenosaur

DO you mean that the items being rewarded have changed from Beta playing? I haven't checked them that closely, but I think in beta, this was one of the best buildings ever offered, through the standard playing achievement. Only 6 base upgrades (1+6 = 7 levels complete) make a building, and 2 (Silver and Gold polishing levels...) make this one of the best buildings I can think of as a "general purpose" event reward building.

If you think the brakes were tapped in SPD, you might really see and feel a tap in the Anniversary event 2024, just started in beta.

Just An Observer

Nothing here needed for my city, which is quite advanced. Event offerings do not include Daily Specials. I'll pass. Others who have lower grade cities or have gone heavy in last year's St. Paddy's event might like it though!

xivarmy

Glad that Inno is starting to put the brakes on the power creep a little this event.
Brakes how? The main building is the most powerful event building we've seen in total stat levels and another step forward as far as I'm concerned. Plus as a 7 level 6x5 it fills more space with overpowered newness for less levels needed.

Halloween-Wildlife, I could buy the slowdown narrative. SPD basically throws that out the window, we're back to "Power Creep? onward, charge!" :p

Sharmon the Impaler

Brakes how? The main building is the most powerful event building we've seen in total stat levels and another step forward as far as I'm concerned. Plus as a 7 level 6x5 it fills more space with overpowered newness for less levels needed.

Halloween-Wildlife, I could buy the slowdown narrative. SPD basically throws that out the window, we're back to "Power Creep? onward, charge!" :p
I am coming up on 5000/5000 attack so what I see as powerful are the ultrahigh goods buildings.

JJ597

Halloween-Wildlife, I could buy the slowdown narrative. SPD basically throws that out the window, we're back to "Power Creep? onward, charge!"
How many cities have to be completed to get to the Level 7 event building?

xivarmy

How many cities have to be completed to get to the Level 7 event building?
200 tasks for the first one. So the short run at the start + 6 30 task cities should do the trick.

650 tasks for the second one. Which is in reach but a lot of work (18 task start + a 30 task city a day).

Perhaps more potently, if you get a gold league result, it's still 20 fragments a day from the league building, but out of a much smaller total than most buildings to make a bigger building of comparable efficiency. And bronze/silver league get the ability to do so at a slower rate so it's not all or nothing.

UBERhelp1

200 tasks for the first one. So the short run at the start + 6 30 task cities should do the trick.

650 tasks for the second one. Which is in reach but a lot of work (18 task start + a 30 task city a day).

Perhaps more potently, if you get a gold league result, it's still 20 fragments a day from the league building, but out of a much smaller total than most buildings to make a bigger building of comparable efficiency. And bronze/silver league get the ability to do so at a slower rate so it's not all or nothing.
To the point of the league buildings - if you go for a second Tavern, you're guaranteed to finish it fully soon after the event thanks to the league building.

However, going for fewer towns gives you more pots of gold to spend on Glassworks. It's nice that there's a balance for strategies based on what you're looking to win.

jaymoney23456

I am gonna go for the silver league in this event. Gold will be silly expensive so won't bother with that one.! It seems that doing the GE rival quests is the way to go but ignore the ones that want you to spend a ton of pots of gold-will get the archdruid upgrade from the main prizeline anyway so no need for it from the rival. At least I don't need it since have only 1 archdruid hut. If the rival did more things like the GE quests it would be better. Making it linked to actions in the event minigame is super stupid and an obvious ploy to get players to spend more real $$$$$!

Sharmon the Impaler

Rivals are going to be set to deliberately mess the production up. Remember that if you jack up a lower building production out of order if can cost you up to a day of extra time waiting for the higher buildings to get caught up. Last task I can see have all managers at level 3 or higher , Inno is so predictable now. Raising the drinks factory to 3 is either expensive or very long.

xivarmy

Rivals are going to be set to deliberately mess the production up. Remember that if you jack up a lower building production out of order if can cost you up to a day of extra time waiting for the higher buildings to get caught up. Last task I can see have all managers at level 3 or higher , Inno is so predictable now. Raising the drinks factory to 3 is either expensive or very long.
You underestimate them. Level 3 managers would be reasonable. On beta it was level 5 managers for the highest buildings :p Appears it got lowered to level 5 festival and ship (at least it's useful) and level 4 for the production buildings (lot of wasted gold for zero benefit other than if you want to finish the rival line).

Unless you're doing the rival lines for the sacred archdruid upgrades, skip manager tasks as soon as you hit one that asks you to do something you wouldn't have anyways. Same with the time skips line.

xivarmy

Regarding the state it was in in the 2nd go-through on beta, a crude analysis of 3 approaches to rival:

1) Free Stuff. Don’t modify your minigame play at all. Use free time warps only.
Pots of Gold​
Swiftsham Savings​
Time Warp​
Quick Promotion​
Kits​
GE Neg Line​
500​
3​
Druid Hut, Epic, Sacred Tree of Vitality Upgrade,
Pagan Harvest​
GE Fight Line​
500​
3​
Archdruid Trees Selection, Epic,
Golden Druid Hut Upgrade, Pagan Harvest​
Manager Line​
3​
Timeskip Line​
7​
Archdruid Trees Selection, 1/2 Druid Hut​
1000​
600​
300​
700​
1.5 Celtic Glassworks, Epic​
+2600 Gold-Equivalent for Minigame

2) “Budget”. Do enough of the manager line to get enough time warps to cover the 2 hr timeskips to do 6/8 quests in the timeskip line.
Pots of Gold​
Swiftsham Savings​
Time Warp​
Quick Promotion​
Kits​
GE Neg Line​
500​
3​
Pagan Harvest​
GE Fight Line​
500​
3​
Manager Line​
-300​
8​
Archdruid Trees Selection, Druid Hut​
Timeskip Line​
10​
Archdruid Trees Selection, Druid Hut,
Sacred Tree of Silence Upgrade​
700​
600​
800​
1000​
2 Celtic Glassworks, Epic​
+3100 Gold-Equivalent for Minigame

3) Full Clear
Pots of Gold​
Swiftsham Savings​
Time Warp​
Quick Promotion​
Kits​
GE Neg Line​
500​
3​
Pagan Harvest​
GE Fight Line​
500​
3​
Manager Line​
-530​
15​
-5​
Sacred Tree of Silence Upgrade, Finish All Event Production,
Celtic Glassworks​
Timeskip Line​
-2600​
8​
15​
Sacred Tree of Silence Upgrade, Finish All Event Production,
Celtic Glassworks​
-2130​
600​
2300​
1000​
2 Celtic Glassworks, Epic, Sacred Archdruid Upgrade​
+1770 Gold-Equivalent for Minigame

Notes:
- each booster is treated as worth 100 pots of gold. They either replace a manager upgrade cost or cut off a couple hours of time which could enable you to take less managers in run(s) at some point for the same result. This is somewhat conservative because to some they may be worth considerably less than that while to others they may be worth more.
- quick promotions other than festival/shipyard are subtracted if I deemed them worth using in a strategy instead of pots because it's for buying stupid useless managers you otherwise would never consider. Time warps aren't because just because you're using them for a quest, doesn't mean they have to be less useful.
- the pot of gold cost for the manager line might be *slightly* lower depending on which managers you were buying anyways for the city #(s) you're running at the time of Rivals
- the time warps "won" in the timeskip line are the 16 hours of warp you paid gold for (not worth the gold, but still worth something)

Free line is probably best for lazy play where you may not put in the effort to find good uses for all boosts.

Budget line is probably best for the tryhardest of tryhards going for a league result.

Full clear line offers extra archdruid upgrades.

Last edited:

Dursland

You underestimate them. Level 3 managers would be reasonable. On beta it was level 5 managers for the highest buildings :p Appears it got lowered to level 5 festival and ship (at least it's useful) and level 4 for the production buildings (lot of wasted gold for zero benefit other than if you want to finish the rival line).

Unless you're doing the rival lines for the sacred archdruid upgrades, skip manager tasks as soon as you hit one that asks you to do something you wouldn't have anyways. Same with the time skips line.
How many Sacred Archdruids can you get _without_ doing the rivals?

Like how many are in the line and the pass?

I have 3 Archdruids.

xivarmy

How many Sacred Archdruids can you get _without_ doing the rivals?

Like how many are in the line and the pass?

I have 3 Archdruids.
Depends how far you go.

You get 1 from finishing in Silver+ League.
In (free) grand prizes, you get 1 at 300 tasks, and the next at 900 tasks (ouch). So basically 1 there probably.
In golden pay-line, you get 1 at 50 tasks, and the next at 425 tasks. So possibly 2 there.