• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Johnny B. Goode

I'm curious as to why Guild Power will decrease. That should not happen. Guild Power Points are not like Prestige, that goes up and down. Guild Power Points have always been treated as something that you never lose once they're earned. This is another disturbing item from Inno.

Ebeondi Asi

I'm curious as to why Guild Power will decrease. That should not happen. Guild Power Points are not like Prestige, that goes up and down. Guild Power Points have always been treated as something that you never lose once they're earned. This is another disturbing item from Inno.
MY guess (since no one knows the reason) is they wanted to not go over level 100 for some programming reason? So they reshuffled it all down to restart level 100 at 65. giving extra goodies to quiet the rabble?

Johnny B. Goode

LOL Just looked at YouTube and saw this:
View attachment 21315View attachment 21316

Edit: this was helpful because our guild leader wanted to know when the last recalc was, and support was clueless. Sent him this and your two posts.
The announcement is pretty clear that GvG will be dismantled during the day on the 18th, which means that logically the last recalc is on the 17th. The announcement also clearly gives the advice to release any sectors after the last recalc. You can only do that if the last recalc is on the 17th.
MY guess (since no one knows the reason) is they wanted to not go over level 100 for some programming reason? So they reshuffled it all down to restart level 100 at 65. giving extra goodies to quiet the rabble?
But guilds have already earned way more than enough GPPs to be well over level 100's amount. If you were around and paying attention, when they raised the max level from 75 to 100 they gave guilds credit for GPPs earned over level 75. My question isn't about reasons for reducing guild level, it's about decreasing a game resource that has never been subject to reduction before.

PJS299

The announcement is pretty clear that GvG will be dismantled during the day on the 18th, which means that logically the last recalc is on the 17th. The announcement also clearly gives the advice to release any sectors after the last recalc. You can only do that if the last recalc is on the 17th.
Obviously it wasn't that clear, because support had no idea.

"Official shutdown of GvG, which will happen on

Monday, the 18th of March, 2024

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a specific timeframe. Please expect the changes to be rolled out over the course of the day."

Course of the day could be after 2000 (8:00).

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a specific timeframe. Please expect the changes to be rolled out over the course of the day."

Course of the day could be after 2000.
Whatever, dude. I couldn't care less, because I won't be bothering with it this last week.

Emberguard

It hasn't decreased the Guild Power. If you're level 100 you'll still be level 100 at the exact same amount of Crowns as before

What's changed is at which level you gain those rewards.

What Inno has told us so far through Discord is once they removed the Support Pool they decided there wasn't enough rewards to fill all 100 levels.

When asked about uncapping the level cap they said any new levels would need to be manually added. Therefore uncapping the levels would mean changing how the levels are programmed

They have also said while they don't plan on any more levels there's the possibility it'll get revisited later on.

Johnny B. Goode

It hasn't decreased the Guild Power. If you're level 100 you'll still be level 100 at the exact same amount of Crowns as before

What's changed is at which level you gain those rewards.
Reread the "official" version of the announcement. It states that "Guild Power will naturally decrease", and that is a completely separate item in the announcement from the items about guild levels and rewards. It looks like they are taking away the Guild Power Points that guilds got from GvG. Maybe that's not what they actually mean, but logically that's the way it reads. Since they're deleting Prestige altogether along with Support Pool, I don't know what else that phrase could mean. Give me another meaning that doesn't involve guild levels or level rewards (both of which are addressed in separate items in the announcement), please.

UBERhelp1

Reread the "official" version of the announcement. It states that "Guild Power will naturally decrease", and that is a completely separate item in the announcement from the items about guild levels and rewards. It looks like they are taking away the Guild Power Points that guilds got from GvG. Maybe that's not what they actually mean, but logically that's the way it reads.
Guild power is what levels your guild, and GvG can provide a large amount of that. However, when they remove GvG, you no longer have that source of guild power, so your daily power intake has decreased.

Note - I do think this should be phrased more clearly, but I'm just explaining what they meant it to mean.

Johnny B. Goode

Guild power is what levels your guild, and GvG can provide a large amount of that. However, when they remove GvG, you no longer have that source of guild power, so your daily power intake has decreased.

Note - I do think this should be phrased more clearly, but I'm just explaining what they meant it to mean.
I completely understand what guild power is and what it does. What I don't understand about what the announcement says is how it can decrease. I think you're probably right that they meant that the ability to earn guild power will decrease. That makes some sense, at least. And no, it was not phrased clearly at all.

planetofthehumans2

I hope they do revisit guild levels in the future, being a level 100 guild just don't mean anything anymore. A shorter tras time and a few bottom of the barrel goodies from the town hall that are 1000:1 what you get from event buildings now. Level 100 should be harder to reach, and should have the rewards that match.

Johnny B. Goode

Course of the day could be after 2000 (8:00).
Apparently the "course of the day" was first thing this morning, because access has already been disabled, and it's only 5:30 AM CDT. All of my cities also already have the Last Province special building.

PJS299

Apparently the "course of the day" was first thing this morning, because access has already been disabled, and it's only 5:30 AM CDT. All of my cities also already have the Last Province special building.
LOL That was seven days ago, why are you still on that?

Johnny B. Goode

I'm not going to lie. Even though I rarely participated in GvG after my first couple of years in the game, I feel a sense of loss with its demise. I know it's been on life support for almost ten years, but it was a reminder of the early days of the game and was always there to dabble in for fun. I find I will miss having it there.

Emberguard

Maybe they meant the company working day given announcements are typically translated across all markets and would therefore be across all timezones

Johnny B. Goode

Maybe they meant the company working day given announcements are typically translated across all markets and would therefore be across all timezones
Maybe. However, recalcs/resets/event timers and other game time functions are server-specific and not based on their working day, so I doubt that this would be the exception.