• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

Big-Bendz

So far, it's a bit unusual. I think an advantage here is for middle to large guilds that enjoy doing things together. Can 2-3 peeps do it? Not very easily, but if you have 10+ guild members who want to play, it goes pretty well. The slow part is starting up. You have to use a few days to get a decent city. Then you get enough goods and fighters to win. Deco's will be needed as boosts from main city don't apply (with a couple exceptions). Right now, I'm on the positive side. We'll see how it plays out over the next couple months.

xivarmy

Quantum Incursions is most definitely not designed for one person guilds to have any success. Small guilds will have problems. It's definitely designed to cater to large and highly active guilds. Inno does not like casual players, they like players chained to their PC/mobile device. FoE has never been a once-in-a-while game, but it's getting ridiculous. (And most of the advice here on the Forum is for those players and not for the casual ones.)
I think actually it's medium-sized guilds that get rewarded worst:

1) Big active guilds will have opportunity for the biggest prize, which is all well and proper.

2) The smallest guilds (<5 people) won't make it very far to get the biggest prizes but as such they won't have very difficult encounters so they can easily pick up the participation-ribbon level from doing all they can for the pass (I have 2 non-silver/gold level builds on beta as a guild of 1). Or could spend $ for the damn premium pass and get the same quality of buildings that the big boys get.

3) The medium sized guilds will have to work harder (face higher boosts and need to have ramped up your settlements a little better to handle them) than the small guild, but still won't make it far enough (at least through difficulty 7 for silver and 8 for gold) to enjoy the special levels the big guild gets that move the buildings from Great to Amazing. You might be able to pull it off with at least 10 extraordinarily active players. But it's probably going to wind up being more like 30+ "average" players minimum to make it to the area where you can start earning fragments of the good thing.

Hence I'd say the pecking order is if you can't/don't want to be in one of the "big" guilds, be in a very small guild.

PJS299

Main problems with QI:

• Takes way too long to make any coins/supplies
  • The season time is too short, you barely have enough time to do anything
  • Everything costs way too much - 10 hours just to make supplies, then spend all of them on 5 units?
  • Way too many advances needed to conquer a node
  • Not enough starting space
  • It's boring - There's nothing to do once you build your city, you can do a few fights, and then wait ten hours
Overall, it sucks. Not sure who decided to bring this live, but they need to get help.

Oswyn the noble

I played a little of QI on Y world... Its reminiscent of gbg... I want to make it clear to my guild am not really interested in playing through. My love is ge. Force QI and im gone (SK) - self kick

I understand the Quantum medals can be used (eventually) to buy main city expansions. Does anyone know if these will be additional expansions then the ones already available, or just another way to pay for what are already available?

Pericles the Lion

It's crazy how to spend-to-win this is. Whales are completely dominating the rankings on my server.

Weaker guilds are ranked higher because they have bigger spenders.
The #1 Guild on US19 is currently the #1 in QI. Of the top 10 Guilds on US19, 8 are currently in the top 10 in QI.

The #1 Guild on US18 is also currently the #1 in QI. Of the top 10 Guilds on US18, 9 are currently in the top 10 in QI.

It's much too early to call this race but it sure looks like the top GBG guilds will also be the top QI guilds. Not surprising.

Last edited:

VintageGames

QI is something I will be avoiding entirely. The best rewards are locked behind silver and gold paywalls like the event rewards have been. So people with the deepest wallets, not the best guilds or most skilled, will win every time. I already don't have time to play 80 GE levels, hundreds and hundreds of GBG fights a week if there's a decent attrition value on the GBG map, plus whatever active settlement I'm working on, plus this new, lazy, unimaginative abomination. It's like a cooperative guild settlement, except they reuse buildings, troops and eras we've already seen, to do the thing we've already done, the grind from nothing to coin-supply-pop-happiness-goods-military AGAIN, which gets even worse is you are doing the Egyptian settlement too, which is the SAME THING AGAIN. And the just last month we had the St Patrick's event, which was another variation, OF THE SAME THING, just without the military aspect. The Forge development team is obviously out of ideas....

There are so many things in this game that already exist that could be made better without repeating stuff 3 or 4 times. The neighborhood PVP tournaments are almost meaningless, neighborhood PVP exists but the rewards are so low and risks so high it's more useless than GVG was. Incidents around the city after the first 2 or 3 ages aren't interesting, it's stupid and pointless except during events for occasional event currency, like picking up cigarette butts around your yard that idiots threw out for now reason. The Antiques Vendor is a good idea, but the randomness of the prizes and the 2 hour long auctions are inaccessible for people who don't have time to just wait until the last 30 seconds to get into a bidding war they may or may not even win. And whatever happened to the interesting historical and biographical quests? Did world history end? Are there no more interesting people in the world? NO, they've all been replaced with trash events that you can only get the best rewards from by dumping at least $25 into, plus more for diamonds if you want repeats of those rewards, and each one timed so it's like paying a $25 subscription to be one of the top players.

I don't know if Inno has realized this, but there is starting to be a very big pushback and exhaustion in the gaming community to microtransactions. In fact, I once saw a guild with one single person in it dominate a GBG battleground and his city was filled with top tier event buildings. That is a sign of a broken game, when microtransactions decide champions rather than player skill and quality of guilds. Forge has been dying for a long time, and QI microtransactions are a sign they don't understand why and just double down on the stupid.

QI can rot on the map, and is one of the laziest, most insulting ideas Inno had ever rolled out.

WillyTwoShoes

Except for one thing, I'll reserve judgement for having played a season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be a really bad idea to open the pass line with cash if your guild is trying to figure out how to play this first season. Right?

jaymoney23456

QI is ok so far but it would be improved if it wasn't such a waiting game to keep making progress. Also, it seems it will be a couple days before you can reasonably even add extra attack from decorations in the QI settlement. Another thing is there is a large mismatch between coins and supplies. I have over 50k coins and 125 supplies.

xivarmy

It's crazy how to spend-to-win this is. Whales are completely dominating the rankings on my server.

Weaker guilds are ranked higher because they have bigger spenders.
Not a big surprise for Dilmun as whaletown. Though some question how long they'll keep it up for. This is an every-2-week feature (though the pass lasts 12 weeks). Are they going to buy hundreds of dollars of shards every 2 weeks?

xivarmy

Except for one thing, I'll reserve judgement for having played a season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be a really bad idea to open the pass line with cash if your guild is trying to figure out how to play this first season. Right?
Pass lasts for 6 rounds (1 championship). If you think it's worth the money buy it - you'll have things figured out by the end of the first of those 6 rounds and not be missing out on that much.

Personally, zero chance I consider the pass. I'll quit FoE if I feel its contents "essential" because that'll mean FoE finally is fully P2W.

PJS299

Where are the "Challenges" that have to be completed in QI?
I believe you're talking about the nodes.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 20.13.34.png

Each node can require a different way to get progress. You can do battles, donate units, donate goods, or donate coins/supplies/quantum actions. The orange node is the start, and the big blue one is the boss/finish.

JJ597

I believe you're talking about the nodes.

View attachment 21379

Each node can require a different way to get progress. You can do battles, donate units, donate goods, or donate coins/supplies/quantum actions. The orange node is the start, and the big blue one is the boss/finish.
I am referring to the 2X battle selection which requires a challenge completion to be able to use.