• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

Pericles the Lion

Each node has a completion reward. Do all guild members win this award when the node is finished or only those that participated it taking that node?

CDmark

Each node has a completion reward. Do all guild members win this award when the node is finished or only those that participated it taking that node?
Where is the node completion reward? I don't see it nor remember it in beta. It is probably 14 goods, non-QI goods too, something we can't use to help us along.

CDmark

Click on the chest. Depending on the node there is some pretty good items.

View attachment 21387
Ah ok, I saw the words but my brain just processed node completion reward, dropped the "has a" in the middle, so an extra reward when the node is completed. Then it went directly to me thinking, I was getting ripped off...haha Oh those add up, especially in the later levels. 40% is a also a nice percentage, I was surprised to see it so high and this was day 1 in beta at 40%. Usually they low ball us, we complain and they bump it up a little.
Harder nodes, I guess tier 2 difficulty, have more items that help your quantum settlement and the Boss is even better. I know we always want more but I think they did a good job there, like they actually thought about it instead of the dart board approach.

Pericles the Lion

Ah ok, I saw the words but my brain just processed node completion reward, dropped the "has a" in the middle, so an extra reward when the node is completed. Then it went directly to me thinking, I was getting ripped off...haha Oh those add up, especially in the later levels. 40% is a also a nice percentage, I was surprised to see it so high and this was day 1 in beta at 40%. Usually they low ball us, we complain and they bump it up a little.
Harder nodes, I guess tier 2 difficulty, have more items that help your quantum settlement and the Boss is even better. I know we always want more but I think they did a good job there, like they actually thought about it instead of the dart board approach.
I get that but the question is who gets the reward when it is won? All guild members or only those that participated in completing the node?

CDmark

Before I comment about QI, I am having a big problem with the start time. Since it starts during GBG, I no longer have a 3 days break every 2 weeks. It was mentioned, live or beta, that keeping you on all the time is good for them, more opportunity for us to spend money. I am not sure I agree. I am getting to the point where I start thinking, is this really worth it anymore. I am not doing the "that's it, I quit" line, then post 2 weeks later because I didn't really quit. I leave the game a zombie at times. Then you read plans of more coming, like GE 6-10.

So the start time, why can't it start 2 hours after GBG starts.

CDmark

I get that but the question is who gets the reward when it is won? All guild members or only those that participated in completing the node?
I don't recall anyone getting a separate reward after a node is completed, not me for sure. I am just getting the rewards in the chest based on the percentages when I complete battles or give donations. They just pop up, I see a reward. Now you got me thinking I am getting ripped off again..LOLOL

Pericles the Lion

I don't recall anyone getting a separate reward after a node is completed, not me for sure. I am just getting the rewards in the chest based on the percentages when I complete battles or give donations. They just pop up, I see a reward. Now you got me thinking I am getting ripped off again..LOLOL
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Perhaps the rewards shown in the chest (with a 40% chance of getting one) are the rewards after each action in the node (fight or donate).

Last edited:

CDmark

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Perhaps the rewards shown in the chest (with a 40% chance of getting one) are the rewards after each action in the node (fight or donate).
100% sure of that, 40% chance of getting the chest after each successful attempt, battle or donation,, then 20% chance, when you get the chest, for each reward. I have only seen 5 rewards, different at times, but 20% each. Another thing they did good, they didn't make shards 10%, 15% for QA's, the better percentages for lesser value. Sometimes they do it right, I would say on this one, they did. If you play the whole season, it wouldn't surprise me if you get 50 - 100 shards, the tier 2 base values go up and the boss goes up again.

Tier 1 - no shards (higher levels may have them, this I don't know)
Tier 2 - 3 shards (this also changes when your difficulty level goes up)
Boss - I think 7
this would be around L4 numbers. not exact, I may write them down next level and come back and edit.

This is what bothers me about Inno, cant we just go to a place and get these numbers? Discord, support message, wherever just tells us. It is kind of stupid not to post the rewards, people like rewards.

For those just starting QI, there are 3 difficulty levels for enemy AD (L = difficulty level)
Army node - the swords, L1 10% - called Tier 1 above - these are all 130 progress to close
Lieutenant (helmet guy), Stronghold (fort), Garrison (looks like a coin), L1 20%, called tier 2 above, these are all 160 progress to close
The BOSS (moustache guy and quite guapo..lol) L1 30% - I called it Boss, 200 progress to close

So harder, better reward

Last edited:
The early results are in:
Quantum Insertions is an unmitigated dumpster fire.
It's like Cultural Settlements and GE had a malformed baby that is a relentless diamond suck.
The convergence (for me) of two of Inno's worst ideas, Quantum Incursions and the Arctic Future, within a week of each other has generated an enormous vortex that is sucking me out of the game and propelling me away with a force and velocity previously unknown to physics. I will not be surprised if Inno is contacted by curious NASA scientists seeking to harness the power of this vortex for interplanetary exploration.

Random fails in QI:

--It's an 11-day event but productions take 10 hours and don't produce enough to do anything.
--Half the pass rewards are Quantum Medals but there is literally nothing you can do with them.
--It takes a full day's production from 3 butchers and the town hall to build a tailor.
--There's no room to build anything but expansions cost days of goods production or shards that are basically diamonds.
--You have to fight dozens of fights every node but you only get about 15 troops and it takes days of production to build more.
--If you open the build menu the Quantum Reward chest icon covers the operation buttons so you can't click them without switching to full screen mode.

I cannot find a single positive thing to say about QI. I really want to be able to say something good about it, but I can't. There's nothing. It's bad, even by FoE standards. I don't even care about the rewards at the end enough to make this disaster a regular part of my daily playing routine. QI is a complete fail. One of the worst ideas Inno has ever had, and believe me that is saying something.

I've been thinking FoE was wasting too much of my time for a while now. QI is just one more reason why it's time to find something else to do.

Pericles the Lion

The convergence (for me) of two of Inno's worst ideas, Quantum Incursions and the Arctic Future, within a week of each other has generated an enormous vortex that is sucking me out of the game and propelling me away with a force and velocity previously unknown to physics. I will not be surprised if Inno is contacted by curious NASA scientists seeking to harness the power of this vortex for interplanetary exploration.

Random fails in QI:

--It's an 11-day event but productions take 10 hours and don't produce enough to do anything.
--Half the pass rewards are Quantum Medals but there is literally nothing you can do with them.
--It takes a full day's production from 3 butchers and the town hall to build a tailor.
--There's no room to build anything but expansions cost days of goods production or shards that are basically diamonds.
--You have to fight dozens of fights every node but you only get about 15 troops and it takes days of production to build more.
--If you open the build menu the Quantum Reward chest icon covers the operation buttons so you can't click them without switching to full screen mode.

I cannot find a single positive thing to say about QI. I really want to be able to say something good about it, but I can't. There's nothing. It's bad, even by FoE standards. I don't even care about the rewards at the end enough to make this disaster a regular part of my daily playing routine. QI is a complete fail. One of the worst ideas Inno has ever had, and believe me that is saying something.

I've been thinking FoE was wasting too much of my time for a while now. QI is just one more reason why it's time to find something else to do.
If you don't like AF, you sure ain't going to like OF. Compared to OF, AF is a walk in the park. ;)

Btw, thanks for providing me with another data point for my dissertation on Nominative Determinism.

Xenosaur

Btw, thanks for providing me with another data point for my dissertation on Nominative Determinism.

Who said you can't learn important things in a forum? Thanks @Pericles the Lion ... and good luck with that dissertation. I had a great laugh :)

Whether it be William Wordsworth (the poet), Les McBurney (the fireman), Amy Freeze (the meteorologist), Lord Brain (the neurologist), or Dr. Seawright (the eye doctor), there's something oddly pleasing about an example of nominative determinism. My personal favorite, though, has to be the urologist, Dr. Richard Chopp...... Apr 25, 2023

ergoetu

Alright, so new question. What the heck are Quantum Medals and what good are they? I cannot use them in QI and they are in my City next to regular Medals on the screen but nothing on how to use them. Are they garbage like some other things they introduced to the Game?

xivarmy

Alright, so new question. What the heck are Quantum Medals and what good are they? I cannot use them in QI and they are in my City next to regular Medals on the screen but nothing on how to use them. Are they garbage like some other things they introduced to the Game?
They will give you expansions for your main city, eventually. Not yet implemented.