• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Titan Goods

Disgruntled Veteran

How is asking for SAT goods in exchange for TE not greedy?

Well, it’s for a GB that will produce to the guild once built. Those TE goods will be used one way or another, probably for the guild. And like I stated:

“That’s something that doesn’t bother our higher age players as they use those goods to either complete quest donations to the treasury (if age isn’t a requirement), complete trades for lower age guild members, or simply restock the treasury as we strive to be as competitive as possible. Also, to keep in mind, that most (but not only) GBs built above players age in my guild are those that contribute to the treasury. Win Win for both the player and the guild.”

But more specifically, people in my guild like to be helpful to each other and help lift each other’s cities! Everything we do for one another strengthens not only the player, but the guild as well.

Dominator - X

Well, it’s for a GB that will produce to the guild once built. Those TE goods will be used one way or another, probably for the guild. And like I stated:

“That’s something that doesn’t bother our higher age players as they use those goods to either complete quest donations to the treasury (if age isn’t a requirement), complete trades for lower age guild members, or simply restock the treasury as we strive to be as competitive as possible. Also, to keep in mind, that most (but not only) GBs built above players age in my guild are those that contribute to the treasury. Win Win for both the player and the guild.”

But more specifically, people in my guild like to be helpful to each other and help lift each other’s cities! Everything we do for one another strengthens not only the player, but the guild as well.
Being greedy is not dependent on the givers willingness. It is solely dependent on the receivers expectation divided by their actual need. Asking for SAT goods by trading for TE goods alone, which is what, 9 ages separated, is at the core, based on your own dopey interpretation, greedy, you hypocrite.

No worries, though. I am just here to point out that greed is inherently possible by both those who have and those who want, despite your failed attempt to argue otherwise. And to point out your transparent hypocrisy. And to point out to those who want to ask for FP's in exchange for higher age goods is part of the game and not in itself greedy, no matter how loud the ignorant players among us scream and yell to the contrary. Glad I could help.

Emberguard

But more specifically, people in my guild like to be helpful to each other and help lift each other’s cities!

The point of goods sales for forge points is it really does help each other and not just the player receiving the goods.

I have no objection to Titan players helping other players with goods. We've all received help from more advanced players regardless of whether it's for free or with payment involved. It does benefit the community to help each other. But let's be real here. Chances are the Titan player isn't getting anything out of that trade. It's being done to help the less developed player because they can't get the goods themselves, not to help both sides. If it was to help everyone involved the Titan player would be getting something in return they can utilize to grow.

Titan Era goods are worth 63 points. Tomorrow Era goods are worth 19.5 points. You can't get a 1:3 or 1:4 goods ratio in trades without a lot of back and forth that's probably not worth the hassle. The Titan player is losing out on Ranking Points every time with that trade.

They're certainly not getting back the 550 goods from a single Recurring Quest either.

The only way Tomorrow Era trades would help the Titan player is if the lower aged player is offering numerous circle trades to generate the Titan goods that's then being given away.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Before INNO added that sorry excuse for a trade calculator to the game. That standard fair trade ratio was 1:1 same age trades, 2:1 when trading up 1 age and 1:2 when trading down one age. That applied to IA - LMA only. After that the cost to produce goods for each Era changed and there were sites that you used to work out the correct rates for each era that also gave you the correct ratio when trading up or down more than 1 age. The only one I remember was called twixter and I remember it because it was not always accurate, there was another called Wild Gunner I think . Maybe some of the long time people here can remember these sites. Once INNO added its joke "in game calculator" folks just got lazy and those who wanted to take advantage of this started saying that 2:1 and 1:2 was fair across all ages. And new folks that came along knew no better. They could have developed it to show proper goods value per age, but that would have taken real effort.

As for paying to buy goods for advanced GBs .. I am not a goods trader, but I obtained all the goods I needed to get advanced Era GBG by swapping low aged goods I had no use for for the high age goods I needed plus a number of FPs on one of the traders GBs. And was more than happy to do this. I was getting rid of useless stuff for needed stuff that would allow me to progress more quickly and efficiently in the game. Which meant I got richer quicker. And start to help my guild more. As far as I am concerned a good goods trader in something everyone should hunt for and make friends with. In every world I have played in I got one I could go to and ask about the latest GB and if it was worth paying the going rate right off, or if I would be better to wait until the price came down, then decide. They were mostly all top players as well so were good to go to for game advice. Am still friends with them even though I no longer need to buy GBs.

I would feel like I was going cap in hand begging if I ever scrounged free goods from anyone in my guild to build a GB. Even if they wanted to do so. They worked hard for those goods, why should I get them for nothing? To me it is no different that living with family but never working to earn my keep and expecting them to hand over some of their wages to me so I could go have fun. Better for my guildies to donate those goods to the guild treasury where they would help everyone.

Darkest.Knight

lol, this is a bit funny, SAT goods are nothing special unless you need them. I only trade SAT goods for whatever I need and always at 1:1. Since I haven't had a goods buildings in a very long time I ran low on lower age goods a long time ago and it's always something like basalt I'll need for GbG buildings. By comparison to my daily production of goods I use almost none and they're accumulating pretty quickly, I'll hit 70K of ea SAT good soon. Although each lvl up for HYDRA requires more goods it's not really significant, I would like another use for goods, not sure what would be reasonable but there most something.

Pericles the Lion

lol, this is a bit funny, SAT goods are nothing special unless you need them. I only trade SAT goods for whatever I need and always at 1:1. Since I haven't had a goods buildings in a very long time I ran low on lower age goods a long time ago and it's always something like basalt I'll need for GbG buildings. By comparison to my daily production of goods I use almost none and they're accumulating pretty quickly, I'll hit 70K of ea SAT good soon. Although each lvl up for HYDRA requires more goods it's not really significant, I would like another use for goods, not sure what would be reasonable but there most something.
My city produces 8300 SAT goods daily (not including 2-3K that I get from RQs and GBG). My Hydra is at 70, Centaurus 68 and Pegasus 26. I've been levelling these GBs as fast as I can even since Titan was released. I can assure you that getting enough SAT goods to level these beasts becomes a challenge. The next level on the three will cost me a total of 60K goods or about a week's production. It only gets worse from there.

Disgruntled Veteran

Being greedy is not dependent on the givers willingness…

This may be so, but it makes a huge difference. Higher age players can see the requested trade and choose to accept it or ignore it. They can also reach out and ask the person if they’re willing to pay FP, if not leave the trade for someone that won’t charge.

based on your own dopey interpretation, greedy, you hypocrite…

And to point out your transparent hypocrisy.

“I have stated many post ago that I get there’s multiple types of players. I get there’s people who charge and those that don’t. There’s also players willing to pay and those that aren’t. This might be my third time saying it. (Now it’s my 4th, lol) I’ve also stated at least once that just because I think certain player types are greedy and taking advantage isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just my stance… Either way, my opinion is just that, mine.”

And to point out to those who want to ask for FP's in exchange for higher age goods is part of the game and not in itself greedy, no matter how loud the ignorant players among us scream and yell to the contrary. Glad I could help.

You didn’t help anything, lol as it’s not “part of the game” it’s a feature solely created by players, not Inno. If it were “part of the game” we’d be able to create trades with FP involved to make up the difference for age gaps right in the market. They (Inno) could also extend the ratio to account for age gaps.

I didn’t create the game, I simply play within the limits set forth.

jaymoney23456

Being greedy is not dependent on the givers willingness. It is solely dependent on the receivers expectation divided by their actual need. Asking for SAT goods by trading for TE goods alone, which is what, 9 ages separated, is at the core, based on your own dopey interpretation, greedy, you hypocrite.

No worries, though. I am just here to point out that greed is inherently possible by both those who have and those who want, despite your failed attempt to argue otherwise. And to point out your transparent hypocrisy. And to point out to those who want to ask for FP's in exchange for higher age goods is part of the game and not in itself greedy, no matter how loud the ignorant players among us scream and yell to the contrary. Glad I could help.
You cant claim just putting up a trade for low age goods for high age goods ones is greedy. What if a guild or a friend offers you goods-it is greedy to accept? Players can feel free to accept or not any trade for any reason but claiming its greedy is nonsense. Many fp for goods transactions could be looked as not being greedy though you would be hard pressed to say they are going to help your guild by selling goods vs. giving them to guildies who need them. The fp sales that are pretty greedy is where you saw players selling Hydra goods for say 45,000 fp, at least imo
Either way anyone is free to sell or not, pay or not, ask for goods for lower age goods or not, and provide them or not. Nothing said here will impact that in the slightest I would bet.

Meat Butcher

I see some valid points from both sides of the coin.

From a sellers perspective

It is supply and demand when you sell goods.
you try to gauge the market to offer what you think they will go for.

Things to consider:
How hard is going to be to make the goods to get the volume of each type for a great building?
How good is the Great Building ?
* Flying Island - I sold about 60K in FP's worth but the market dried up after the 2nd week. (SC, AI, and FI were pretty much the same)
The folks that wanted the goods wanted to be the first in the hood / guild to drop one to get a bunch of free levels from those willing to overpay for BP's
*TA - was excellent as sales held strong for a few months. What surprised me was how many low age players wanted one. Then I realized the footprint was small enough to be a good fit for low age players and it would help greatly for fighting.
*Titan 3 GB's - Too good to be true, all 3 were epic. Each needed a lot of goods, and everyone wanted to be first to drop one to get the free levels for the BP hunting Frenzy. Plus each level after 10 required more goods, so the demand continues to present day but obviously the price came down a bit.

Then you have to consider when to start lowering the price as less folks need them and at the same time more folks have the goods to offer so there is more competition.

Call it what you will but there will always be a need for those that sell goods.
*Some players do not want to do RQ's to make the goods and don't want to wait for 'x' amount of city collects to have enough.
*Some players want to be the first on the block to have the GB for the overpaying of BP's to get free levels as I said before.

Selling is not for everyone, its a lot of time on game to do your RQ's to keep making goods.
However if you want to get your GB's higher at a faster pace its a tremendous help.

Dominator - X

You cant claim just putting up a trade for low age goods for high age goods ones is greedy. What if a guild or a friend offers you goods-it is greedy to accept? Players can feel free to accept or not any trade for any reason but claiming its greedy is nonsense.
I never made such claims. You have me confused with someone(s) else.

Either way anyone is free to sell or not, pay or not, ask for goods for lower age goods or not, and provide them or not.
You are now preaching to the choir? This is the exact point many of us are arguing in favor of.

Ebeondi Asi

To mention again the Titan Great Buildings. When I planted them (early) I paid a lot for others blueprints. but others paid even more for my titan GB blueprints. early on I was paying up to 150FP per blueprint beyond what I got back. That soon dropped to 50, then 25 per then down to 2, because I could be a bit more selective
Compared to standard 1.9x~2.0 I could have gotten for each level the bonus paid by other players added up to between 120,000 and 156,000 Forge points I got for free over and above the standard 1.9x rates (after subtracting the FPs I pad out extra) i would have gotten ...for each GB. Those effects were happening strongly three to four tapering down five months after introduction.
Same in three worlds.
There was (and still is) madness over those Titan GBs.. Far beyond anything probably since Arc was introduced.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Veteran

I never made such claims. You have me confused with someone(s) else.
Are you having trouble “interpreting” your own statements?
Asking for SAT goods by trading for TE goods alone, which is what, 9 ages separated, is at the core, based on your own dopey interpretation, greedy, you hypocrite.
My interpretation? I’ve been overly specific about my stance, I don’t mince words, lol
You are now preaching to the choir? This is the exact point many of us are arguing in favor of.
Ironically it’s something I’ve stated multiple times as well, but you kept “glossing” over that lol