• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

UBERhelp1

Seems that the way QI is set up strongly discourages players without QI attack boosts in their city from much participation. It takes time to set up a city and put in decorations that give attack boost. The player without boosts in their city will be at a disadvantage even then as if they are in a good guild they will be facing units with relatively high boosts by the time they have their city well set up. Also, there is a relatively small number of total donation nodes as compared to fighting nodes, which puts the players without the attack boost at another disadvantage because it is more feasible to donate than fight in this situation. So, I bet many players think there is little point to it if it takes them a week or whatever to even get to the point that they can contribute and they then have to start over before much longer. Newer cities, even with motivated players will struggle to get any QI boost in their main city for a while too.
Don't be so sure ;)
1713575742399.png

Twogelius

I find Quantum Incursions to be unimaginative, needlessly repetitive, boring, and extremely low on the reward/effort ratio scale. Exactly the same is true of the Polynesian Settlement. This is a game. It is supposed to be fun as well as intellectually challenging. The second time through both QI and Polynesia it became clear that any flicker of creativity in game development has been extinguished and all we can expect are a mess of recycled endurance tests poorly executed and dressed up with new artwork.

P C C

I kinda like the way QI is set up to be honest. It needs more details and updates and adjustments but the concept is good.
Agreed. One nice thing is that players who haven't developed their main city can still make big contributions and earn rewards (though the Forbidden Temple and Tourney Grounds obviously help in battles).

It's the first time I've been a little sorry I'm in a smaller guild (12 members for now). We completed the first 3 levels the first time and just got through difficulty 4 the second by ignoring most side paths but having one of two highly active players tire of it could be a problem for us

Dursland

Seems that the way QI is set up strongly discourages players without QI attack boosts in their city from much participation. It takes time to set up a city and put in decorations that give attack boost. The player without boosts in their city will be at a disadvantage even then as if they are in a good guild they will be facing units with relatively high boosts by the time they have their city well set up. Also, there is a relatively small number of total donation nodes as compared to fighting nodes, which puts the players without the attack boost at another disadvantage because it is more feasible to donate than fight in this situation. So, I bet many players think there is little point to it if it takes them a week or whatever to even get to the point that they can contribute and they then have to start over before much longer. Newer cities, even with motivated players will struggle to get any QI boost in their main city for a while too.
That's FoE.

When GE5 first came out I couldn't do it for months.

With QI I'm a little luckier, I had Shinto, Yggdrasil, and just finished Royal Bathhouse. With FT and 2 tourney grounds my stats are 200/140 native blue and a bit below that in red. I can 2 shot stuff on lower nodes without boosts in my settlement.

As you can see they are releasing QI stuff in events. Pretty soon it will be a breeze just like GE5 is.

Oswyn the noble

The one pet peeve is my guild * remaining nameless... The quantum officer wont open the incursion. Its been.. What? 2 weeks now. Ossy wants to fight

Feedback for the developers on QI.

Spending 5.5 days of each season rebuilding the settlement before you can properly use it the other 5 days is not thrilling or exciting. It’s repetitive and boring and a sure way to get people uninterested in this feature. Majority of players do not have masochistic tendencies.

Having to set a timer an hour after building a cottage or a tailor to then “launch” a production is TRULY frustrating. This is NOT a way to make the game interesting. This IS a way to really annoy your player base.

At the moment only about half of my large and very active guild participates in QI in some capacity. Only 20 percent are actively fighting… I’m not sure how long it will be before many of those stop being active in QI due to frustratingly repetitive nature of this “game” feature. (Games are supposed to be fun?)

Please, I beg you, do something to improve it before people completely lose interest. Specifically addressing the 2 concerns I highlighted above would definitely help some.

Last edited:

captain987

When will battles in QI, satisfy quests that ask for battles. Presently have a quest asking for 6 battles, I dud them in QI, yet not counted towards daily quest
I asked support, and they said that they are treated as a settlement (similar to Egypt), and therefore will not count for quests.

Agreed. FT and TG help, but the most impactful buildings for QI are the settlement buildings. If I recall correctly, you can get +175% attack and defense for attacking and defending armies in QI from the six settlement buildings at max level. That helps way more than the 75% you can get from FT and TG or anything you could realistically build in your QI settlement. And that's a problem because settlements cannot be rushed to any meaningful degree without spending an absolute ton of diamonds. It takes a long time to do them all to max level no matter how good a player you are, and even being in an elite guild doesn't help speed it up. For that matter, I'm not even sure how much it's possible to speed them up even spending a ton of diamonds. Players will probably work on settlement buildings now even if only because of the recent huge upgrades, but it will be a long time before they can benefit much in QI. On the other hand, though, not having many QI boost buildings available does somewhat even the playing field for players whose main cities may not be as robust as the more elite players. The max total benefit from all settlement buildings plus FT and TG is only +250%, which is significant but not as big an advantage as you see for the top 1%ers in other aspects of the game.

That's FoE.

When GE5 first came out I couldn't do it for months.

With QI I'm a little luckier, I had Shinto, Yggdrasil, and just finished Royal Bathhouse. With FT and 2 tourney grounds my stats are 200/140 native blue and a bit below that in red. I can 2 shot stuff on lower nodes without boosts in my settlement.

As you can see they are releasing QI stuff in events. Pretty soon it will be a breeze just like GE5 is.
I doubt more than about 1 out of every 100 or more players can sustain 2 TGs at all times. It takes about 750 GBG fights every day in every GBG season to do that. Very few players even have the chance at that many fights, much less the resources and the inclination to actually do them.

WillyTwoShoes

I continue to find myself having to refresh my browser as the QI screens are buggy. While I haven't as yet pinned it down to any particular action (or series of) it seems most prevalent when I flip back and forth between the settlement and nodes. The message bar doesn't seem to be updating properly either.

Is it just me or is anyone else sharing the privilege?

I find Quantum Incursions to be unimaginative, needlessly repetitive, boring, and extremely low on the reward/effort ratio scale. Exactly the same is true of the Polynesian Settlement. This is a game. It is supposed to be fun as well as intellectually challenging. The second time through both QI and Polynesia it became clear that any flicker of creativity in game development has been extinguished and all we can expect are a mess of recycled endurance tests poorly executed and dressed up with new artwork.
It's far less repetitive than GBG. As for being imaginative, it's about as good as you could hope for. There's variation in the type of encounters and the resources needed for each, so guilds need to diversify goods and troop types in order to achieve maximum success. Given the limitations of the game's format, there are only a few things players can do. Building a city, fighting battles and producing goods is pretty much all there is to do in FoE, and QI uses all three of those activities to a significant degree. The "reward/effort ratio scale" is better than GBG, too. It takes less than 30 encounters to use up a full bar of 100k quantum actions and then you've got about 16 hours to rest until you are full again. Spend shards to get an extra 100k actions each day and you're still only looking at less than 60 encounters. Compare that to hundreds of fights per day in GBG and the required effort is much less, not even to mention that all of those hundreds of GBG fights are essentially the same, so it's just clicking over and over thousands of times every day. QI's not perfect, but it's better than GBG and a whole lot better than GvG was.

Sharmon the Impaler

sorry to me it another waste of a boost dont have time to run to city find it in inventory an go back to QI ,same with all those that work in GE an GBG a waste but hay that my oppion others will like them
QI isn't time critical like GBG , it's no big deal loading boosts up the same way you do before GBg. Stop looking for things to complain about.

Angel.

that Aqueduct thing in decorations says it gives the happy stuff an attack an defence but it dont give happy stuff when you build it just the attack an defence stuff

Sharmon the Impaler

that Aqueduct thing in decorations says it gives the happy stuff an attack an defence but it dont give happy stuff when you build it just the attack an defence stuff
They made 2 errors on this. They are not decorations and the happiness should have been coloured red. Inno messed those up.

captain987

I doubt more than about 1 out of every 100 or more players can sustain 2 TGs at all times. It takes about 750 GBG fights every day in every GBG season to do that. Very few players even have the chance at that many fights, much less the resources and the inclination to actually do them.
If you have RTOC2, it's under 600 (depending on BG level, of course).

Urs Brun

I couldn't find this in search - but what is the point of the Neo Colossus level 1 fragments that come as random rewards for incursion battles? I've already earned a full level 8 Neo Colossus (1200 battles via the "free" Quantum Pass) - but I've only earned 300-ish of 1000 fragments of the level 1. So, basically, I'll have earned 3 full Neo Colossus before I have enough fragments for level 1?!
Screenshot from 2024-04-25 08-55-19.png
It would make a lot more sense as fragments of a selection kit...