• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9 Threads need improvement

Sharmon the Impaler

As you can see by your own listed definitions that it has a different meaning in the game. "He killed the crowd" means something other than the definition of killed. "He burned his bridges" has nothing to do with fire or combustion of any kind. . Sniping was adapted to auctions due to the apperance of lying quietly in wait until the target presents itself. This is further removed from the original definition and the hostile nature of the act was further translated to mean hostile towards the GB owner and "sniping" was coined yet again to mean something completely different.

Baltar

Well, in war - snipers hide and shoot you, hopefully to kill. In the game, that quickly translates to MOST PEOPLE as taking an unsolicited position for a profit on your building at your expense.
Maybe some are so high up there in level that they have forgotten how hard it is for someone like me.

As a low level player with a pathetic FP income and a rather low level Arc It takes me a long time to build up my bank of FP to get even one of my GBs to the next level. I have to look for opportunities to make a few FP here and there so that eventually I have enough FP in the bank to contribute enough to my own GB so other players will invest. I also have to keep some FP in reserve so that I can continue to contribute and make a little profit. At the same time I have to keep putting FP into my research or I will never reach the next Era and get all that it has to offer.

I tried to follow these rules at first but eventually came to the conclusion that all they are doing is making it very difficult for me to advance in the game. I tried Swap Threads but I always got pushed down to zero, a painful lesson. Now whenever I can afford it I put my GB's in 1.9 threads.

I don't cry or complain when I make a mistake, Instead I learn from it and move on. Such is the game life of a low level FOE player.

Emberguard

As a low level player with a pathetic FP income and a rather low level Arc It takes me a long time to build up my bank of FP to get even one of my GBs to the next level.
I tried Swap Threads but I always got pushed down to zero, a painful lesson. Now whenever I can afford it I put my GB's in 1.9 threads.
1.9 will be the fastest way to build up your buildings. The biggest benefit of 1.9 threads is you'll still be receiving the amount on your own Great Buildings a Level 80 Arc would produce, even if your city doesn't have a Arc at all.

For the Fall Event, if it's Forge Points you're after then I would suggest going for the Stage of Ages or the Log Cabin when those are in the Daily Specials. Being a Lvl 1 building it's the quickest and most effective way for a brand new city to build up their Forge Points

Alternatively you may want to go for the Harvest Barn Fields if you have a custom layout in mind.

UBERhelp1

As a low level player with a pathetic FP income and a rather low level Arc It takes me a long time to build up my bank of FP to get even one of my GBs to the next level. I have to look for opportunities to make a few FP here and there so that eventually I have enough FP in the bank to contribute enough to my own GB so other players will invest. I also have to keep some FP in reserve so that I can continue to contribute and make a little profit. At the same time I have to keep putting FP into my research or I will never reach the next Era and get all that it has to offer.
Completely wrong mindset here. The greatest secret of this game is to not move up in age. Stop progressing on the tech tree. Slow down. Enjoy the age you're in. This lets you invest in your Great Buildings, build up a stronger city with event buildings, fight more in GE and GBG. The worst thing you can to in this game is move up too early. If you don't have enough FP to contribute to GB safely, then you aren't ready for a new age. Just be patient and wait it out. Otherwise you'll be stuck in a high age with no infrastructure to move further, and you'll become frustrated at the game. Far, far, far too many players have left the game because of that.

Baltar

Completely wrong mindset here. The greatest secret of this game is to not move up in age. Stop progressing on the tech tree. Slow down. Enjoy the age you're in. This lets you invest in your Great Buildings, build up a stronger city with event buildings, fight more in GE and GBG. The worst thing you can to in this game is move up too early. If you don't have enough FP to contribute to GB safely, then you aren't ready for a new age. Just be patient and wait it out. Otherwise you'll be stuck in a high age with no infrastructure to move further, and you'll become frustrated at the game. Far, far, far too many players have left the game because of that.
I appreciate your advice and yes moving too quickly through the Eras can be a determental. I am in the late stages of LMA and once I reach the Colonial Age I plan on slowing down. For me 2 things are precious, FP and Building Space and the Colonial age has buildings that yield more resources using less space. So I will keep moving until I am into the Colonial Age and able to take advantage of the smaller buildings.