• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteForceAttack

The above response is only included as it is the start of the topic.

There are legal ramifications to a moderated forum which goes beyond the ToS written by the host. Both for the host and the moderators. Not all forums are or must be moderated. If a forum is moderated then there are legal ramifications (such as the ability to bring ligitgation aginst the host). This is why I no longer participate in a forum as a moderator. As this forum appears to be hosted in the US (based on the web address) and appears to be moderated, then there are federal legal statutes that govern this forum beyond the ToS that we all "agreed" to.

Hosted in Germany

1618251162671.png

CDmark

Hmm, it was mentioned to possibly lock the thread which I don't think it is fair to ones who have not commented. This thread started last Thur, 4+ days. Over the weekend, some more have chimed in that is has affected their game. I think we know these topics have divergent behavior, some things borderline, others off topic, it happens. In my eyes, this is where moderators come in, to keep relative control of the discussion and also, state what is fact. There are only 3 facts here, as stated by Inno.

1) there is an exploit of coins and supplies
2) the 2 second delay for aborts, was not expected and they fixed it
3) there is a 2000 abort limit (not specifically stated but the message when you hit it will suffice, consider it a statement)

Something triggered the exploit recently or it has been something they have wanted to fix for a long time. I think Inno should be more specific but they don't have to say more, I understand. I like the idea of players posting when it has negatively impacted how they play and specifically how it has affected them.
The differences between playing style is part of the game. I think when you start a new player, if even says, be a "fighter" or "trader", I forget if it says more.

So, for me, 2x (4000 aborts) would be much better. 3X (6000 aborts) would be more than enough.

Now, Inno has Facebook and a support page. Those that do not like it, send feedback there, too.

BruteForceAttack

Hmm, it was mentioned to possibly lock the thread which I don't think it is fair to ones who have not commented. This thread started last Thur, 4+ days. Over the weekend, some more have chimed in that is has affected their game. I think we know these topics have divergent behavior, some things borderline, others off topic, it happens. In my eyes, this is where moderators come in, to keep relative control of the discussion and also, state what is fact. There are only 3 facts here, as stated by Inno.

3) there is a 2000 abort limit (not specifically stated but the message when you hit it will suffice, consider it a statement)

Something triggered the exploit recently or it has been something they have wanted to fix for a long time. I think Inno should be more specific but they don't have to say more, I understand. I like the idea of players posting when it has negatively impacted how they play and specifically how it has affected them.
The differences between playing style is part of the game. I think when you start a new player, if even says, be a "fighter" or "trader", I forget if it says more.

So, for me, 2x (4000 aborts) would be much better. 3X (6000 aborts) would be more than enough.

Now, Inno has Facebook and a support page. Those that do not like it, send feedback there, too.

"Part" of the reason/timing "may" be due to upcoming release of SAV. If there were no limit SAV players can generate many goods via RQs.

CDmark

How would someone in Modern Era make unlimited coins and supplies?
you cant, it is impossible. Now, the CF is good for IA to LMA for cost free quests. Once you hit Colonial, the Cf level junps up, significantly and the HC has no real supplies affect anymore. Cost free means it doesn't cost you anything given the right CF level (HC does affect the Ls value and CF/CoA affect the Lc). You are not making unlimited coins and supplies. The times I read unlimited FPs, that is actually incorrect, there is a limit, the 24 hour clock.
If you are cost free, you can probably do 3000 UBQs, maximum in a day, that includes not playing or collecting (bot or manually, I dont care, just presenting the numbers). That equates to 1000 FP, goods values will depend on the CF. Do 600 battles a day in GBG, 1000 FP, est time, 2 hours. I dont think the abort limit has to do with this part of the game, but it is directly impacted.

CDmark

"Part" of the reason/timing "may" be due to upcoming release of SAV. If there were no limit SAV players can generate many goods via RQs.
and that sounds reasonable too. with SAAB already a problem, then having 2 eras with the same exploit, makes sense to me. Heavy CF questers, lower ages, well, collateral damage, I guess.

Meat Butcher

#1 made me chuckle, ok yeah I exploited coin and supplies but c'mon Inno what will that get me ?
Supplies, I have not found a good reason after MAR's Era to even use all I have.
Coin, I can buy over 62K in FP's with what I have, but until Inno makes it that I can buy more than one at a time it ain't happening.

Attachments

• coin supply 4.12.21.PNG
    coin supply 4.12.21.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 14

Johnny B. Goode

Agent litteraly said :

which was what I was replying to, because that's false, they are not allowed to deny any awareness of their content, forum included.
so you're wrong, Johnny, like most of your interventions on that thread.
/flush
No, I'm not wrong. He did not suggest that Inno does know or does not know. He just stated the obvious fact that they may or may not know. And (apologies for any memories of Bill Clinton) it also depends on what you mean by "Inno". Some people obviously include Forum moderators in that term. Others only mean the developers in Germany. Most are somewhere in between those two definitions. Personally, I would include the chain of command starting from the Community Managers at the lower end. And I know for a fact that they do not always know what is being discussed on the Forum.

Tony 85 the Generous

you cant, it is impossible. Now, the CF is good for IA to LMA for cost free quests. Once you hit Colonial, the Cf level junps up, significantly and the HC has no real supplies affect anymore. Cost free means it doesn't cost you anything given the right CF level (HC does affect the Ls value and CF/CoA affect the Lc). You are not making unlimited coins and supplies. The times I read unlimited FPs, that is actually incorrect, there is a limit, the 24 hour clock.
If you are cost free, you can probably do 3000 UBQs, maximum in a day, that includes not playing or collecting (bot or manually, I dont care, just presenting the numbers). That equates to 1000 FP, goods values will depend on the CF. Do 600 battles a day in GBG, 1000 FP, est time, 2 hours. I dont think the abort limit has to do with this part of the game, but it is directly impacted.
So you can make a bunch of coins and supplies, then spend them on the UBQ until run out of one or the other. FP and goods production is limited. Period.
#1 made me chuckle, ok yeah I exploited coin and supplies but c'mon Inno what will that get me ?
Supplies, I have not found a good reason after MAR's Era to even use all I have.
Coin, I can buy over 62K in FP's with what I have, but until Inno makes it that I can buy more than one at a time it ain't happening.
(though not a direct response to my post, the information is relevent, Thanks out to @Meat Butcher )
Even spending coins directly to by fp is limited, both in the fact that your daily supply is limited and that the cost increases per fp purchased.
How would someone in Modern Era make unlimited coins and supplies?
The best I can tell, my original question applies to the RQs of every age (as they all have the same quests, thought he values differ) but SAAB and SAV. In SAAB and SAV there are quests (a quest) that can be done almost infinitely thus producing infinite fp, coins, supplies, and goods. If the problem lies in only two ages why roll out a fix that effect everyone?

lemur

This cap is one of a number of communication missteps recently. That is coincides with new, large, outside investments is troubling. I fear we are no longer dealing with the Inno we're used to, I fear people who had no involvement with the success of the game, now want to monetize their investment.

Modern Times Group, a digital entertainment company based in Sweden, has been investing in InnoGames since October 2016. They increased their investment to a controlling share of 51% in May 2017. The change you cite occurred four months ago, when MTG increased their ownership to 68% of InnoGames stock. How would an increase of 17% be related to the dramatic management changes we have seen this year?

These investments do shed considerable light on the changes I remember seeing in 2016 and 2017.

Algona

This is way over my head.

If you're being ironic or trolling it's so subtle that I don't get it.

If you're being literal, then what are you trying to signify?

That you don't think INNO knows Unlimited Coins + Unlimited Supplies = Unlimited UBQs because the Announcement didn't explicitly says so?

Maybe it's a subtle way to tell INNO or others that INNO needs to give us more information about this change?

Something even more subtle?

'Cause I refuse to believe the player with the highest lvl CF in the game (congrats on being the first player to break the 200 lvl of GBs) doesn't see the relationship between infinite Coins + Supplies and infinite UBQs.

Jonasd79

Regardless of whether there are valid reasons for the limit, there are more problems with it.

One, it’s sketchy that they sprung this out without announcement; something you do if you know you are going to make people angry.

Two, many mid-high level players have had the option for limitless RQs that helped them grow. That is now something lower level players can’t take advantage of, many of whom focused on getting their CF to a high level to assist their growth.

Three, this is directly hitting the most active players the hardest. Keep in mind, these are the people that are most likely to spend real money on the game. While it is unlikely that people will make good on threats to quit the game altogether, Inno should be concerned if these players will heavily scale back their spending. I don’t think it’s a good business strategy to anger your most fervent customers.

Finally, I doubt I’ll ever hit the limit, so this doesn’t directly affect me. I just think that it’s unfair to punish people who are more able and willing to work harder on their game than I. I strongly recommend that this is reversed or at least the limit increased so as to not hurt active players who don’t use macros.

lemur

While it is unlikely that people will make good on threats to quit the game altogether ...

Well, I am certainly done. This latest stunt is the last straw for me. My bags are almost packed now. I spent the weekend closing up towns — finishing settlements and GB levels. The toxicity of the mismanagement of this game was already increasing, and now one of the most powerful buildings in the game has been nerfed without notice or any rational explanation. It speaks volumes that elements of the dysfunction cannot even be explained here because the Forum Rules don't allow it.

One of the singular qualities about Forge of Empires has long been that it often seems to mirror the real world. The Orwellian nightmare of the United States is now similarly evident in this game space.

Johnny B. Goode

Three, this is directly hitting the most active players the hardest. Keep in mind, these are the people that are most likely to spend real money on the game.
Both of these points are questionable at best. Clicking away for hours on RQs hardly qualifies as the "most active players" unless all you consider is the time involved. I would bet that I spend as much time on the game each day as most RQers do. I just don't spend it looping RQs. We've had post after post of players who say they do the RQ looping while doing other things. That should tell you how little they are actually paying attention to the game.

And the idea that they are the "most likely to spend real money on the game" is pure fantasy. I mean, think about it. If someone is looping RQs that heavily, they are getting tons of resources for free (not counting the time involved). Why, in heaven's name, would they then spend real money on the game? As Spock would say, "That is illogical."
Well, I am certainly done. This latest stunt is the last straw for me. My bags are almost packed now.
If this were true, you wouldn't bother posting about it. You already know we aren't going to believe it until your posts are credited to "DeletedUser#xxxx".

SCollins23

Both of these points are questionable at best. Clicking away for hours on RQs hardly qualifies as the "most active players" unless all you consider is the time involved. I would bet that I spend as much time on the game each day as most RQers do. I just don't spend it looping RQs. We've had post after post of players who say they do the RQ looping while doing other things. That should tell you how little they are actually paying attention to the game.

And the idea that they are the "most likely to spend real money on the game" is pure fantasy. I mean, think about it. If someone is looping RQs that heavily, they are getting tons of resources for free (not counting the time involved). Why, in heaven's name, would they then spend real money on the game? As Spock would say, "That is illogical."

If this were true, you wouldn't bother posting about it. You already know we aren't going to believe it until your posts are credited to "DeletedUser#xxxx".

Obviously CF getting nerfed is welcome by players who designed their gaming strategy in a different manner. Ugly face of competition, I suppose.

As for who purchases more diamonds, RQs give you resources indeed, except for diamonds. GBG, on the other hand, gives you plenty of diamonds.

wolfhoundtoo

And GBG is funded by goods to build those camps. Wonder how many goods are generated by perpetual motion CFs? Since they haven't explained what they were trying to do we have no idea whether or not we agree that it is a good way to do it or not. Ultimately though I tend to doubt that anyone who does more RQs than the 2000 limit that has been imposed would agree with any reasoning that the limit was needed. That's the nature of anything and why I think most developers don't bother with reasons really because in the end it makes people think that if they don't agree with the reasons that the change shouldn't occur.

BigSpence4

I think once the new Age opens and more and more people hit the limit, it will become a bigger issues. Also, as goods start to get low because of the inability for goods makes to do such. Gbg will be a real struggle

Coach Zuck

I think once the new Age opens and more and more people hit the limit, it will become a bigger issues. Also, as goods start to get low because of the inability for goods makes to do such. Gbg will be a real struggle
As it should be, in a new age
People AND guilds need to plan for once a year events like a new era, if they care. For example if the age is released between seasons, my guild won't have more than two people move up until the season starts, and we all have L70 OBS/Atom L100+ Arc. Enough goods will be banked before the following season.

The new eras and SAAB really shouldn't be a consideration in increasing the limit IMO. It's ridiculous that suddenly, the top age can have infinite goods from RQs with-out even having a CF, and pay out bountiful rank points to boot, when the previous era went so far as to remove UBQ, Splink and Fjord.

Not to mention, the massive increase in goods per GB for Mars+ as well as the increase in goods generated from goods buildings in the colony, were designed to nerf CF's OP-ness for later eras.

Those trends were great, until the fighting RQ exploit messed it all up, and likely some bad actors oci decided to robot the earlier era's UBQs in ars waiy that masked the data and pointed to a more general problem rather than the true source.

Whaddabuncha jerks who got ruined the CF for everyone else booooo

Everything's been said at this point. There isn't even any point in calling out the mods anymore - they already apologized and clarified they were just giving their opinion as players even though it was stated as fact - just open support tickets if you encounter this limit and hate it. Any new person that posts here is just going to get whined at by people with differing opinions.

Also, stop talking about the damn delay, I pointed out when it was added that it was much more likely that it means they're logging all RQs now to find the cheaters oci. Databases take longer and longer to add additional records in to, especially if the designer didn't properly index the fields (including adding WAY WAY WAY too many fields, not using a delayed or low priority insert, waiting for response, and a bunch of other mistakes that the type of junior/intermediate dev that'd have been assigned to this would have made). Then after removing it, suddenly they know that 'most' people won't be affected by a 2k limit - surprise! How and when did they collect that data? So cut the ra out and about it already. It was a literal mistake, that wasn't their end goal, their end goal was to squeeze the infinite CF's balls in a vice grip because those exploiters doing 50k aborts per day got their attention.

Gunnygunnz

Well, I am certainly done. This latest stunt is the last straw for me. My bags are almost packed now. I spent the weekend closing up towns — finishing settlements and GB levels. The toxicity of the mismanagement of this game was already increasing, and now one of the most powerful buildings in the game has been nerfed without notice or any rational explanation. It speaks volumes that elements of the dysfunction cannot even be explained here because the Forum Rules don't allow it.

One of the singular qualities about Forge of Empires has long been that it often seems to mirror the real world. The Orwellian nightmare of the United States is now similarly evident in this game space.
Sorry to see you leave Lemur.
You have been a great guild member and i see your town is packed up and all your goods went to our treasury. Just sad for a 6 year player to pack up because of this.
If i had a lvl 100 CF I would also be a bit Peed.

Big Baloney

Regardless of whether there are valid reasons for the limit, there are more problems with it.

One, it’s sketchy that they sprung this out without announcement; something you do if you know you are going to make people angry.

Two, many mid-high level players have had the option for limitless RQs that helped them grow. That is now something lower level players can’t take advantage of, many of whom focused on getting their CF to a high level to assist their growth.

Three, this is directly hitting the most active players the hardest. Keep in mind, these are the people that are most likely to spend real money on the game. While it is unlikely that people will make good on threats to quit the game altogether, Inno should be concerned if these players will heavily scale back their spending. I don’t think it’s a good business strategy to anger your most fervent customers.

Finally, I doubt I’ll ever hit the limit, so this doesn’t directly affect me. I just think that it’s unfair to punish people who are more able and willing to work harder on their game than I. I strongly recommend that this is reversed or at least the limit increased so as to not hurt active players who don’t use macros.
yeah or the RQ questers selling new age goods, now it drops and where come the goods from, is this why they build a so worst GB so the limit will not hurt the good sellers because nobody wants the new age goods to build the worst GB in the game designed by Innogames? not sure but it make a nice question answered by time it will tell

ShaeKit

I'm just going to go go out and say this... I've yet to hit my RQ limit in the past two days and I haven't changed how I play.. and I do a LOT of FP RQs every day. So if this only affects infinite CF's or people who were gaining billions of rank per from looping those stupid fight quests (HOW BORING!) then good riddance..
it makes me think, this probably only applies to people who hit some throttle due to abusive behavior or behavior Inno now wants to call abusive. Though if I do wind up hitting the limit then given that I didn't hit it on weekdays and I'm sure I'm more active than most people, it seems like it was placed at a good spot.

Still I'm crossing my fingers I don't reach it.. the weekend will be telling when our lock threads heat up. I give out 1.4% higher than my arc gives me back to my guild, because that's the average FP reward from doing FP RQs. I'll end up having to reduce those lock rates and just give out my spare FP somehow else. It's still better than the alternative, as much as rank means little other than how much you've spent and how little life you've got. And I'm sure one to talk on that!
Took me 2x 1 hour sessions of uninterrupted RQing to reach the limit in SAAB. Wanted to see how much time 2000 aborts equated to. And that’s with changing of troops and collecting goods included.

Status
Not open for further replies.