• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

50% less GE Diamonds? More Like 75-90% (3yr Data Sheet)

Did the loss of diamond rewards in GE this week cause the game to lose sparkle for you?

• Sadly, Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Angrily, Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Happily, Yes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm Confused

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • No Comment

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Unprintable Comment!

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

La Marchessa

Just kick it...with a rebel yell I cry .......More More More DIAMONDS...... and u love it

I walked the walk, with you babe. 1000 miles with YOU, Innobabe

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

The key word here is "discussing". Circle back tomorrow and let us know if the "discussions" had any impact on the top guilds.
Hi! Just got confirmation from my guild leader that we will *NOT* be opening the 5th level of the Guild Expedition. #4 Guild in Jaims - and I'm privy to discussion that suggests other top guilds won't be opening it either.

Emberguard

I don't believe Mooingcat is only a player - I believe he is part of the marketing strategy of MTG and his videos are put on You Tube to stimulate interest in the game.

The point I'm trying to make is any videos by MooingCat on his personal channel are not promises by InnoGames. There are plenty of former and current moderators that still post on the forums. None of them are able to make you a company promise on behalf of InnoGames outside of a official channel.

La Marchessa

The point I'm trying to make is any videos by MooingCat on his personal channel are not promises by InnoGames. There are plenty of former and current moderators that still post on the forums. None of them are able to make you a company promise on behalf of InnoGames outside of a official channel.
ok thanks for that. The graphic work I saw talking about the 50% figure was not on Mooingcats channel after all - it was on Ubernerd's, and he uses graphics regularly.

La Marchessa

@MooingCat :skull: Any comment on the allegations that you are a member of the FOE Deepstate? LMAO

Honestly this was a great LOL for me too : D I get it, I get it, some of the sense of betrayal is misplaced. However I felt like Inno had been sold and changed management culture, as well, and that "belief" as Pericles sneered, was correct. : )

I hope mooingcat shows up anyway, I still have a question for him.

La Marchessa

Hello MooingCat and welcome to this little thread. I must say you have beautiful eyes. ; )

Your fame has spread far and wide and you are touching the lives these days of those less familiar with you like myself. In the interests of transparency, and efficiency, could I ask you these 2 questions? I understand that you have probably made yourself very clear about your motives elsewhere but I wouldn't know what video that would be or where. With such big changes in the game, players have started scrutinizing the company behind FOE a great deal more than before, and no gamer wants to feel like they are being slyly fed a corporate strategy under a friendly guise, so with that out of the way, sir, I respectfully ask -

1. I understand you are Patreon supported, however, what relationship if any have you ever had with any business side employees of FOE, Inno, MTG etc... in terms of correspondence, a casual or official role, any payments, encouragement, and connections of that kind, including as Patreon supporters?

2. What is the story behind your charming name? : )

Last edited:

MooingCat

Hello MooingCat and welcome to this little thread. I must say you have beautiful eyes. ; )

Your fame has spread far and wide and you are touching the lives these days of those less familiar with you like myself. In the interests of transparency, and efficiency, could I ask you these 2 questions? I understand that you have probably made yourself very clear about your motives elsewhere but I wouldn't know what video that would be or where. With such big changes in the game, players have started scrutinizing the company behind FOE a great deal more than before, and no gamer wants to feel like they are being slyly fed a corporate strategy under a friendly guise, so with that out of the way, sir, I respectfully ask -

1. I understand you are Patreon supported, however, what relationship if any have you ever had with any business side employees of FOE, Inno, MTG etc... in terms of correspondence, a casual or official role, any payments, encouragement, and connections of that kind, including as Patreon supporters?

2. What is the story behind your charming name? : )
1. In the past (2021-2022) I've made some videos for the official Forge of Empires channels. Last one I made was last summer, but haven't had any contact since then and not sure I will again in the future. All content on my channel is 100% independent.

2. I needed a random name because I didn't want to use my other internet nickname. I've always found cows funny, both in general and I also have a personal reason, and I grew up with two lovely cats :) My avatar is a red panda, which is another of my favourite animals (I'm /u/MooingRedPanda on reddit) :)

La Marchessa

I would like to respectfully invite @UBERnerd14 to answer the same question. If we hear from you UBERnerd14, thanks in advance. Here's the same question that your colleague Moongcat obligingly filled in for us -

1. What relationship if any have you ever had with any business side employees of FOE, Inno, MTG etc... in terms of correspondence, a casual or official role, as Patreon supporters, any payments, encouragement, and connections of that kind? In short are you affiliated in with the marketing of FOE through the videos you provide to FOE players?

Pericles the Lion

I certainly do not have empirical data like La Marchessa but in one city with over 50 wishing wells and FoY I have received ZERO diamonds in the past six days. Not acceptable.
Not having any empirical data doesn't really help your case. Players rarely share "hot streaks" but invariably complain when they hit a cold patch. There is a 1% chance that a WW or FoY will produce diamonds when collected. With 50 of them you can expect, on average, to collect one package of diamonds every other day. Going six days without a hit should not be surprising. I suggest that you begin to consistently gather empirical data. I am confident that your data will reveal that your WW/Foy produce diamonds 1% of the time. Why am I confident? Because there are a lot of quants out there that track data, such as WW/FoY output, like bloodhounds. If there was a problem with the payout they would be letting everyone know.

La Marchessa

Not having any empirical data doesn't really help your case. Players rarely share "hot streaks" but invariably complain when they hit a cold patch. There is a 1% chance that a WW or FoY will produce diamonds when collected. With 50 of them you can expect, on average, to collect one package of diamonds every other day. Going six days without a hit should not be surprising. I suggest that you begin to consistently gather empirical data. I am confident that your data will reveal that your WW/Foy produce diamonds 1% of the time. Why am I confident? Because there are a lot of quants out there that track data, such as WW/FoY output, like bloodhounds. If there was a problem with the payout they would be letting everyone know.

It used to be 1.2 was the figure...I suppose that has been rolled back too...

UBERhelp1

I would like to respectfully invite @UBERnerd14 to answer the same question. If we hear from you UBERnerd14, thanks in advance. Here's the same question that your colleague Moongcat obligingly filled in for us -

1. What relationship if any have you ever had with any business side employees of FOE, Inno, MTG etc... in terms of correspondence, a casual or official role, as Patreon supporters, any payments, encouragement, and connections of that kind? In short are you affiliated in with the marketing of FOE through the videos you provide to FOE players?
Well, my only "dealings" as you put it would be for this video, and I apologize in advance for the bad audio :p The only sorta payment I got was an InnoGames branded lanyard and ball cap, but if I was smart I would have chosen Innopolis, their board game, because some day I want a copy of it. I've also competed in and won two forum contests:
  • The "All I Want For Christmas" contest in December of 2019, where I won 100 FP
  • The "March Forum Contest" in March of 2020, where I won 100 goods.
  • (unrelated side note - I wish we had more contests. They were fun!)
Other than the above mentioned ways, I have not received any in-game or real-world items, compensation, etc. during my time playing the game. I do not work for InnoGames, never have, and probably never will, as I'm not in the business of game development (though some day I do want to develop an indie game, but that's besides the point; it wouldn't be with Inno).

I have contacted/been contacted by forum moderators plenty of times, but not for any reason other than where I may have infringed on some forum rules, or to clarify a statement I made in a thread (such as mentioning to a player a private dispute on the beta forums that was taken as a mention of a larger problem on beta - it was resolved rather quickly). I've even had moderators reach out to me asking for tips/tricks/help for their gameplay. I think it is an important distinction to note that the majority of the forum staff isn't paid wages by Inno - it's a volunteer position and iirc, you get paid a small amount of diamonds as compensation. From what I've heard/picked up on, only the (Co-)Community Manager(s) are given "insider" info on upcoming features, ex. lists of daily specials for events, if that at all. Much of it is rumor/they said.

The only person that I have regular contact that does seem to work for InnoGames is Juber, the Community Manager of the Beta forums. He (I believe, sorry if I got the pronouns wrong) is a regular member of a [chat service platform] server run by MooingCat. I'm redacting the name out of an abundance of caution because we aren't really supposed to post external links on the forums, and I don't want this post to get removed for transparency's sake. Suffice to say, an online chat service. While our paths cross there once in a while, it's only in the sense of game discussion or clarification on announcements/phrasing in game, nothing towards info about the game. Similarly, Juber comments on my videos once in a while, but he maintains the same level of clarification and has never asked me to change anything.

Unfortunately, I do not *yet* have a Patreon, but it is something that I am still considering (or maybe a YouTube Channel Membership program - I haven't figured it out entirely). The only financial gain I have gotten from my content over the past >4 years is the small pittance from YouTube's ad revenue that I have recently been able to access as I was approved for their partner program only about a week and a half ago - woohoo! It's still very much unprofitable though for me and is something I do for fun, and something I will stop doing if I ever stop having fun with it.

With the above stated, I have always represented my own opinions in my content, and will continue to do so. For example, I have repeatedly turned down sponsorships/affiliate programs from a specific company that is not related to InnoGames, MTG, or any FoE-related party, since that sponsor is a company that is currently not on great terms with the US (no, not that one, the other one). I'm not naming them because that is irrelevant.

If I ever do accept any sort of sponsorship or compensation, I will of course disclose that during the video, and make it clear what are the talking points I have taken as part of the sponsorship, and what are my own opinions. However, I will not be doing this because the FTC requires it, but rather that it is what I believe the right thing to do morally to maintain transparency and trust with my audience. I will never accept sponsorships from companies that do not align with my opinions or say something I believe is false, even if compensation is offered. As I said earlier, my work is not profitable, and it's not something I'm doing for money or recognition, it's something I'm doing because I enjoy it.

TL;DR:
All my opinions are my own and are in no way influenced by or beholden to InnoGames GmbH, MTG, or any other party/person. However, should InnoGames choose to send me the Innopolis game, I would be happy to do an unboxing/full review of it. Please. I want it. Contact me. :p This isn't really related, but hey. Gotta ask somewhere!

I hope this answers your question, and if you would like me to clarify any of your statements, please let me know. This took me like 30 minutes to type up so hope it was worth it :)