• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

50% less GE Diamonds? More Like 75-90% (3yr Data Sheet)

Did the loss of diamond rewards in GE this week cause the game to lose sparkle for you?

• Sadly, Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Angrily, Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Happily, Yes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm Confused

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • No Comment

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Unprintable Comment!

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

La Marchessa

thanks for your patience.

RESULTS – DIAMOND COLLECTION PER WEEK FOR 5 CITIES FROM AUGUST 2019 TO MARCH 2023 – Approx 3.61 years total, 190 weeks total surveyed in cities named A, F, G, J and T was 190. Two weeks 7/02/23 and 14/03/23 had no data so average weekly was used for those two weeks.

About 140,000 diamonds were collected, with an average total of 743 won per week from all five cities combined, the amount from each city naturally varying.

I added a city B in late 2022 noted in the raw data set in my first post. This sixth city “b” was excluded entirely from any of these results. Also at the beginning of the raw data set, the data was crude and cities not notated, so those approx 16 weeks were not included either. What we were left with was three and a half years of very steady play and data notation in which GE was played in five cities to the end of level 4 each and every week.

Note the data table showing approximately how many diamonds were earned on levels 1-3. By eliminating all hits of 100 in the data set, we can get a sense of how many diamonds were earned solely on level 1-3 – approximately 540. However it is agreed that including 50s means that this number of 540 is a bit high, as some 50s were earned on level 4. Even dropping the 540 number significantly to 500, it is still a great deal of diamonds to be lost per week by Inno dumping all diamond rewards on levels 1-3.

Videos and commenters which claim "oh they only dropped diamond wins by 50%, get over it" (as if losing 50% of anything isn't significant) are disingenuous in the extreme. A great deal more than 50% of diamond winnings were removed by Inno, as was my original claim all along. I invite the community to give estimates of lost rewards from levels 1, 2 and 3 alone, aside from the 50% loss on level 4, if that is indeed the correct loss for that level

Additionally, I have provided a bar graph of quarterly winnings in 2022, which seems to demonstrate a very deliberate dialing down of diamond wins quarter by quarter.

I have breakdowns of wins by city which I'll post later. My best city for diamond wins was my little IA city on F, named BeauRegarde as it is designed in the shape of a dragon. BeauRegarde gobbled around 10,000 diamonds a year during the 3+ years studied. If you are ever on F world, stop by and take a look at water dragon Beau, who provides yet more proof that Dragons are elite creatures that always prosper and win, especially Water Dragons, according to Chinese lore and feng shui principles. If you have any trouble seeing BeauRegarde, look at the Public Bath as his eyeball. He uncloaks from invisibility when you do that.

Number of Weeks190(two weeks starting 7/02/23 and 14/03/23 data missed collecting)
Names of citiesA, F, G, J, T
Total diamonds collected139,800
Average total per week743.617
The maximum all time high collection for one week1335Total from All five cities
The minimum all time low for one week110Total from all five cities
Average diamond reward hits per week, all types18.787Total in all five cities
Average amount of 10s collected per week1.4787
Average amount of 15s collected per week1.505
Average amount of 25s collected per week7.43
Average amount of 50s collected per week6.335
Average amount of 100s collected per week2.037
Average diamonds per week without the 100s - a fuzzy way to look at how many diamonds were earned below level 4.540 per week, are now eliminated (actual number is 539.89)Average is for all 5 cities combined
DATA SET OF 5 CITIES MINUS THE 100 DENOMINATION DIAMONDS
Total average across 5 cities – minus 100s
Total average – minus 100s per city
City A 106.33
City F 110.96
City G 108.8
City J 110.93
City T 102.87

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE BAR CHART BELOW SHOWS THAT OVER THE YEAR 2022, THE QUARTERLY AVERAGE AMOUNTS OF DIAMONDS WON IN A SET OF FIVE CITIES, PLAYED ALL THE WAY THROUGH LEVEL 4 WEEKLY, DECLINES REGULARLY. TOO REGULARLY TO BE COINCIDENTAL. THE DATA APPEARS TO SHOW A DELIBERATE POLICY OF REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF DIAMONDS PLAYERS CAN EARN IN GE.

BAR CHART SHOWING AVERAGES OF QUARTERLY GE DIAMOND EARNINGS IN FIVE CITIES OVER 1 YEAR1683082394928.gif

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Note the data table showing approximately how many diamonds were earned on levels 1-3. By eliminating all hits of 100 in the data set, we can get a sense of how many diamonds were earned solely on level 1-3 – approximately 540. However it is agreed that including 50s means that this number of 540 is a bit high, as some 50s were earned on level 4. Even dropping the 540 number significantly to 500, it is still a great deal of diamonds to be lost per week by Inno dumping all diamond rewards on levels 1-3.
The chest opened after the 48th encounter (on level 3) contained a 25% chance of winning 100 diamonds. The chests opened after the 51st and 55th encounters each contained a 50% chance of winning 25 diamonds. Your analysis assumes that all of the 100 awards were obtained in L4 (which is improbable) and all of the 25 awards were obtained in L1-3 (which is also improbable).

La Marchessa

/\/\/\/\/\ nice try I significantly reduced the average diamond take from just 3 levels to account for such small irregularities as what you bring up. Still adds up to huge changes over 50%. At any rate, I don't argue that they didn't have a "right" to do so, merely that the impact was greater than sketchy comments made about it by rah rahs.

Pericles the Lion

You manipulated your data to support your narrative. That's all. The reduction in diamond rewards ranges from 0% to 100% depending on the player. 0% if the player didn't play GE then, or now. 100% reduction if the player only played GE L1-3 then, and now. New players that didn't play GE before will get diamonds when they didn't before. For all other players, the reduction is, according to @Johnny B. Goode, uncertain because there's not enough information regarding how many diamonds get awarded in L4 now. Keep collecting data and update your analysis in a few more years. :)

UBERhelp1

Number of Weeks190(two weeks starting 7/02/23 and 14/03/23 data missed collecting)
Names of citiesA, F, G, J, T
Total diamonds collected139,800
Average total per week743.617
The maximum all time high collection for one week1335Total from All five cities
The minimum all time low for one week110Total from all five cities
Average diamond reward hits per week, all types18.787Total in all five cities
Average amount of 10s collected per week1.4787
Average amount of 15s collected per week1.505
Average amount of 25s collected per week7.43
Average amount of 50s collected per week6.335
Average amount of 100s collected per week2.037
Average diamonds per week without the 100s - a fuzzy way to look at how many diamonds were earned below level 4.540 per week, are now eliminated (actual number is 539.89)Average is for all 5 cities combined
The red highlighted part makes no sense.

Here's the data analysis you should be doing:
  1. Find your average GE diamonds/week/city from before the nerf.
  2. Find your average GE diamonds/week/city from after the nerf.
  3. Compare.
Currently, you aren't showing anything significant about the current changes, only the changes up to the GE update.

Per my above explanation, this means nothing. It just doesn't. You're removing arbitrary values without any reasoning behind it. If you wanted to go further with your analysis, you could do:
  1. Previous expected odds of winning diamonds of each amount of 10/15/25/50/100, your found odds of winning 10/15/25/50/100 diamonds, and compare.
  2. Find the expected diamonds/week from each level of GE, and then subtract that instead of an arbitrary "all 100 hits."
  3. Actually label your graphs with values. Please. Give us some kind of comparison other than "this is the size of the bar." Otherwise it's worse than useless.
If you want, please send me your spreadsheet, and I can work on some analysis of it myself.

La Marchessa

The red highlighted part makes no sense.

Here's the data analysis you should be doing:
  1. Find your average GE diamonds/week/city from before the nerf.
  2. Find your average GE diamonds/week/city from after the nerf.
  3. Compare.
Currently, you aren't showing anything significant about the current changes, only the changes up to the GE update.

Per my above explanation, this means nothing. It just doesn't. You're removing arbitrary values without any reasoning behind it. If you wanted to go further with your analysis, you could do:
  1. Previous expected odds of winning diamonds of each amount of 10/15/25/50/100, your found odds of winning 10/15/25/50/100 diamonds, and compare.
  2. Find the expected diamonds/week from each level of GE, and then subtract that instead of an arbitrary "all 100 hits."
  3. Actually label your graphs with values. Please. Give us some kind of comparison other than "this is the size of the bar." Otherwise it's worse than useless.
If you want, please send me your spreadsheet, and I can work on some analysis of it myself.
you can figure out that taking away diamonds from three levels isn't negligible. Don't play dumb.

UBERhelp1

you can figure out that taking away diamonds from three levels isn't negligible. Don't play dumb.
I'm not saying that is is negligible, and I'm not playing dumb. I'm saying that you aren't doing it the right way to compare it against anything. Again, if you'd like to share a spreadsheet of your data with me, please do so, and I'll take a look at it!

I don't know the formatting that you're using for your table at the start of this thread, and don't want to draw conclusions from me reading it wrong.

Flynn013

So you have collected 140 000 diamonds for free and are complaining because now you will get a few less from GE? I've collected about 15 000 in the 2ish years I've been playing and I'm happy I didn't have to pay for them. Diamonds could have always been pay only and maybe will be if players keep building diamond farms.

Johnny B. Goode

So you have collected 140 000 diamonds for free and are complaining because now you will get a few less from GE? I've collected about 15 000 in the 2ish years I've been playing and I'm happy I didn't have to pay for them. Diamonds could have always been pay only and maybe will be if players keep building diamond farms.
So how long have you worked for Inno?
But seriously, if Diamonds were pay only many of us wouldn't even be playing the game anymore. By the way, Diamond farms have been around for most, if not all, of the existence of FoE. So it's kind of disingenuous to blame what's happening on Diamond farms. By that kind of logic, they should be nerfing the Arc, CF, GBG, and a few other things in the game.

UBERhelp1

So how long have you worked for Inno?
But seriously, if Diamonds were pay only many of us wouldn't even be playing the game anymore. By the way, Diamond farms have been around for most, if not all, of the existence of FoE. So it's kind of disingenuous to blame what's happening on Diamond farms. By that kind of logic, they should be nerfing the Arc, CF, GBG, and a few other things in the game.
What's funny is that besides the Arc, those things have, or are in the process of being, nerfed:
  • The CF was nerfed due to the 2000 quest limit.
  • GBG is getting changes (eventually).
  • etc.

La Marchessa

Unfortunately your dismissive attitude colors your viewpoint to the extent that you actually miss my point entirely. Notice I'm not complaining - From the beginning I have taken exception to the commenters sloppily downplaying the percent of diamonds nerfed. I thought it would be interesting to other players to show data that argued a different narrative.

I don't like it, but that's just my opinion. I don't expect an entertainment corporation to change their bad decisions just because I don't agree with them - Disney certainly never did. : )

Last edited:

La Marchessa

Let's also not forget the bar graph - interesting evidence supporting the idea that Inno nerfs diamond rewards with deliberate dial-downs. I'd like to see their data set that possibly shows how diamond sales correlate.
1 Year Decline in Diamonds Earned Thanks to Inno.gif

That might be one of those things that works and works, until, at some point it spectacularly doesn't. As in lately I've heard of many people moving on from the game or putting diamond farms into their lesser cities.

Before I am once again mocked and tarred and feathered for wanting free premium event currency, let's remember its a standard gaming model to allow a certain amount of premium currency to be given for free - the details of how much and how often are what become of interest. It's kind of like a dance between the gaming company and the player. Let's also not forget that Inno relentlessly advertised its "FREE BROWSER GAME" over the course of several years. So an expectation was set up by Inno itself, accompanied by a big red button to push if you said "yes" to that offer. So spare me the tears for Inno's bottom line, I'm not a grifter looking for a handout. I'm a participant in Inno's own game and advertising design.

Johnny B. Goode

What's funny is that besides the Arc, those things have, or are in the process of being, nerfed:
  • The CF was nerfed due to the 2000 quest limit.
  • GBG is getting changes (eventually).
  • etc.
The "CF nerf" didn't affect most players. 2000 aborts was way more than most RQers were doing. A few were affected, but the lackluster outcry about it pales in comparison to the reactions to other changes.
We don't know yet what they're going to do, or not do, with GBG.
They have never touched the Arc, despite it being so overpowered that it changed the entire game.

UBERhelp1

Let's also not forget the bar graph - interesting evidence supporting the idea that Inno nerfs diamond rewards with deliberate dial-downs. I'd like to see their data set that possibly shows how diamond sales correlate.
View attachment 20279

That might be one of those things that works and works, until, at some point it spectacularly doesn't. As in lately I've heard of many people moving on from the game or putting diamond farms into their lesser cities.

Before I am once again mocked and tarred and feathered for wanting free premium event currency, let's remember its a standard gaming model to allow a certain amount of premium currency to be given for free - the details of how much and how often are what become of interest. It's kind of like a dance between the gaming company and the player. Let's also not forget that Inno relentlessly advertised its "FREE BROWSER GAME" over the course of several years. So an expectation was set up by Inno itself, accompanied by a big red button to push if you said "yes" to that offer. So spare me the tears for Inno's bottom line, I'm not a grifter looking for a handout. I'm a participant in Inno's own game and advertising design.
Fine. If you'll do nothing else, can you at least add some kind of description of what each bar represents? Show the units. Please.

La Marchessa

Fine. If you'll do nothing else, can you at least add some kind of description of what each bar represents? Show the units. Please

considering the work I put into this, you sound pretty huffy really. this isn't life or death stuff we are talking about. Can everyone just stop with the hostile attitudes? Please. You may not like my opinions, or results, or me, but you can at least respect my efforts. But I do appreciate the question as it needs to be on there.

every light grey vertical bar represents 2000 diamonds - so 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000 and 10,000 are covered with the bars. Sorry this is a non-professional effort- and somewhat thankless task.
1 Year Decline in Diamonds Earned Thanks to Inno.gif

UBERhelp1

considering the work I put into this, you sound pretty huffy really. this isn't life or death stuff we are talking about. Can everyone just stop with the hostile attitudes? Please. You may not like my opinions, or results, or me, but you can at least respect my efforts. But I do appreciate the question as it needs to be on there.

every light grey vertical bar represents 2000 diamonds - so 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000 and 10,000 are covered with the bars. Sorry this is a non-professional effort- and somewhat thankless task.
View attachment 20280
Then here's the chart you're looking for. Tried to estimate the values of what each city produced. You're not that far off from what we may have expected you to receive. Your annual average is about 93% of the expected number of diamonds/year. So yes, lower, but not abnormally so. Especially considering how diamonds are distributed in GE, it would have only taken a couple of misses or hits at larger diamond rewards to skew the data one way or another, and it's unfortunate that you were unlucky there.

1683209043731.png

It's important to compare it to what we expect you should be receiving, and to see the units, as it can change how people perceive the data. For example, if you chart instead showed this, where you were unlucky at the start of the year, but began to become more lucky as the year went on, would you have come to the forums to complain that you were getting more diamonds?

1683209446893.png