• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid Button

• Thread starter DeletedUser11944
  • Start date

DeletedUser

so aid button fixed yes but where is the attack button that was supposed to move to the little box on the right come on foe get a move on please

DeletedUser

It's right under the GB/Visit button on the right-hand side. It's the 2 crossed swords.

DeletedUser8152

I don't see it on mine either, maybe it is turned on for some servers but not others.

DeletedUser2145

What is the program for the Aid button?

Does it always, for example, Polish first?

The answer to that is NO, but the evil fairies who roam this realm like to tell that story. It works like this:

1. Shrine of Knowledge, Oasis, Tiger's Den - random M/P from one of them
2. If you don't have any of the above buildings or they're m/p-ed, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your current age
3. If you no longer have any current age buildings available, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your previous age
4. Etc. It goes down age by age and gives you a random M/P.

TroyEdward

HATE THE AID BOTTUN!

The answer to that is NO, but the evil fairies who roam this realm like to tell that story. It works like this:

2. If you don't have any of the above buildings or they're m/p-ed, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your current age
3. If you no longer have any current age buildings available, there's a 50% chance for M and 50% chance for P for a building from your previous age

Between my 3 cities I can say with all confidence that I HATE THIS AID BUTTON!

I have more decorations and Cultural items polished in EVERY CITY than anything! And in NONE of my cities do I need or even want any Polish. I manage my enthusiasm to never need a Polish.

DeletedUser2145

Oh, it is there now. Pretty sure it wasn't earlier.

It only appears when you have an available action toward that neighbor. If you have the counter going down from a previous action, you won't see it. It disappears once you attack/aid/m/p.

DeletedUser10755

Between my 3 cities I can say with all confidence that I HATE THIS AID BUTTON!

I have more decorations and Cultural items polished in EVERY CITY than anything! And in NONE of my cities do I need or even want any Polish. I manage my enthusiasm to never need a Polish.

Hmm, you might want to rethink your decoration/cultural building strategy then.

I find the Aid feature to be a great help and I'm not unwilling to adapt to new changes in the game.

DeletedUser9732

So, it looks like this is false. I just had a confirmed Aid from a guild member which polished my HMA Tree of Love when I had a ton of Progressive things available for M/P.

DeletedUser11463

Well I now have EVERY bush and kite and 1x1 polished. So I don't like this at all. But I do see 1 solution, I am going to delete as many of my 1x1's as I can and build no more except for specific quests. What a bummer.

DeletedUser9732

Yeah, I think I have to go no-deco as well. I got rid of most of them in anticipation of the new button, but left event and premium ones I'd won from quests, since they are pretty efficient. But it looks like I'll have to take the next step and try to drop the rest, which is a shame since I like some of them.

DeletedUser11463

Also, on my 2nd world I am in HMA and have many HMA buildings and find that I'm getting many of my Iron age monuments polished even though I have many Alchemists, etc still open.

DeletedUser

So, it looks like this is false. I just had a confirmed Aid from a guild member which polished my HMA Tree of Love when I had a ton of Progressive things available for M/P.

Agreed. I really like the Aid feature. However, I think the implementation doesn't appear to work exactly as ThePhantom states (which I think would be ideal). I am seeing what Traxxed is seeing.

Once you are beyond the current age, it seems to polish anything else first - regardless of age. To test, I tried this out (on E world). I'm in Colonial, and I have 10+ LMA houses and 5 HMA farms that are open. I added an iron age deco. Guess what? The next item that was Aided was the deco. I've done this a few times, and same result.

DeletedUser

Just change the way your city is built. Have some big cultural buildings enough that if they were polished you'd be at 120. Delete your decorations and small cultural buildings. Fill in your city up with other buildings. Now your city should be pretty much full up.

DeletedUser9732

Just change the way your city is built. Have some big cultural buildings enough that if they were polished you'd be at 120. Delete your decorations and small cultural buildings. Fill in your city up with other buildings. Now your city should be pretty much full up.

Ah yes, just rearrange and rebuild your entire city:rolleyes:

DeletedUser11025

ok this is getting ridiculous and i hope the developers are working to fix it. My city was set up at 120% and no need for any polishing, but since the aid button showed up all i get is polishing. I need people to motivate my production buildings. No one seems to read my profile text or bother to check it.

I SHOULD NOT need to rearrange my city or delete decos to accommodate this update. As is it is hard to build a FoE city and some things take a lot of time.

Please change this update.

DeletedUser2145

It works like this:

Correcting myself on this. It's:
  • SoK, Oasis, Tiger's - regardless of their age it will prioritize those.
  • Next (if you don't have the above buildings or they're already m/p-ed) you get a 50% chance for Motivate and 50% chance for Polish
  • Regardless of what was chosen, M or P, you get a random building selected for that action; BUT it's inclined toward your current age; So the chances are highest for your current age, then for your previous age, etc. It will still choose a building at random, but will lean toward recent-age buildings more;
  • If it chose to motivate but there is no building left to motivate, it will switch to polish. And vice versa, if it chooses polish but there's nothing to polish, it will switch to motivate.

This feature is not meant to replace the original M/P. No wishlist or any similar feature that lets you modify the Aiding priority to your personal benefit will be added. You're still encouraged to visit other player cities both to help your guildmates and friends as much as possible and so that you can choose which building you M/P as that decides what type of blueprint you get.

Adjustments/tweaking of the priority algorithm for the Aid feature are possible and suggestions are welcome. Just keep in mind that these have to work fine in general, they cannot be for personal use.

DeletedUser10145

I got rid of my gas lamps . Now looks like I will have to get rid of my Palm Trees also. It does look like decorations are now useless which is a shame as I like some of them .:(