• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Xenosaur

The Phantom Tower is a level 10 building (so you will need that Golden Upgrade Kit from level 9). It's a good economics building, but @ level 10, you'll have that as well as it being similar to a mini-Terracotta Army GB bolted on to it. 4 war boosts, 2 offense (attack and defense boosts = RED) and 2 defense (attack and defense boosts = BLUE).

Should be a popular choice to review.

Last edited:

Dursland

Does the The Epic Historical Questlines Selection Kit have any buildings worth having? Or are they all old and obsolete?

Mailia

Does the The Epic Historical Questlines Selection Kit have any buildings worth having? Or are they all old and obsolete?
Eh, yeah... it has Aviary, Balloon Site, Checkmate Square, The Lord's Manor, Sundial Spire, Pavilion, Rosarium, Royal Cascade, Kiosk, Obelisk Garden, Botanical Rotunda, Royal Marble Gateway, and Magnum Opus.

Xenosaur

@Mailia presented the list - so there ya go. Checkmate and Botanical seem to always garner interest when they come up in the Auction Dealer for competitive bidding, because they focus on ATTACK BOOST and Happiness - so that might interest you. RMG and MO are also popular to some. Probably not so important in the Modern game to chase them, though. Most of that stuff fetches Auction Coins :)

Dursland

Well it's an epic kit so it should fetch nice coin/gem in the AD if you win it.

Still waiting for mooingcat's guide to the event but had a question, the announcement mentions something about a bonus with opening the first chest of each day?

Does that mean it's like the calendar, you have to open a chest everyday even if the special is bad, to get the bonus? Or is it worthwhile?

Pericles the Lion

Well it's an epic kit so it should fetch nice coin/gem in the AD if you win it.

Still waiting for mooingcat's guide to the event but had a question, the announcement mentions something about a bonus with opening the first chest of each day?

Does that mean it's like the calendar, you have to open a chest everyday even if the special is bad, to get the bonus? Or is it worthwhile?
Each day, the first chest opened gets a 2X bonus. This means that the amount of progress towards the Grand Prize is doubled as is the chance to win the daily special. If a DS is not won, the amount of a less noteworthy reward is doubled. Is it worthwhile? If going for the Grand Prize, yes. Play every day, open only one chest, and collect enough keys to have another chest (preferably a gold one) ready to open the next day.

Xenosaur

Although the event hasn't yet started, you should take time to read the explanation of how the gem spawner and converter works.

Looking at the locked graphics on your game space right now (before the event opens...), it appears Inno has given each person a fairly generous initial ENERGY supply of 110 units, so you can spawn 11 FREE tries and make 11 gems to experiment with (10 Energy each) as you work into learning the game process you'll need to be successful. Follow the tutorial carefully, while you can get a good chunk of learning on "their" gift energy, not your own that you do the quests for.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

How do we get more than one Golden Upgrade Kit? The prize line I see on another site that cannot be mentioned only shows one at the 3750 or so mark.

Just An Observer

Selection Kits include the golden upgrade. It also repeats in the grand prize line when you'd need another if you don't have the pass.
Thank you for the information Xivarmy! That is great to know Selection Kits can also be used as Golden Upgrade Kits.

UBERhelp1

Basically, the strategy is:
- Open the biggest chest possible every day first (to get the 2x bonus)
- Carefully manage your key supply (you'll get more red ones)
- Don't focus on clearing boards, instead (if you're not spending diamonds) play only about 3 boards per day, spending ~150 energy each. Focus on getting keys.
- Don't use the automatic redemption of gems for keys if you do clear a board, do it manually. Otherwise you can get less keys than you should.

Thank you for the information Xivarmy! That is great to know Selection Kits can also be used as Golden Upgrade Kits.
Only the selection kits from the Key Master Guardhouse or the Event Pass. Not normal selection kits for it that you get for free.

xivarmy

Basically, the strategy is:
- Open the biggest chest possible every day first (to get the 2x bonus)
- Carefully manage your key supply (you'll get more red ones)
- Don't focus on clearing boards, instead (if you're not spending diamonds) play only about 3 boards per day, spending ~150 energy each. Focus on getting keys.
- Don't use the automatic redemption of gems for keys if you do clear a board, do it manually. Otherwise you can get less keys than you should.

Only the selection kits from the Key Master Guardhouse or the Event Pass. Not normal selection kits for it that you get for free.
We don't get selection kits normally for free in this event :p We get upgrade kits.

Selection Kits in the league reward should work just fine too.

Xenosaur

As a heads up for live players: Many of us in beta got the event prize because there was a time in the early beta test cycle when the acquisition of progress enhancing things was voluminous. Like shooting fish in a barrel (as they say)

It really accelerated everyone, and quickly. I don't think I would have achieved the TOWER if it wasn't like this, and I didn't capitalize on it at that time.

Many people actually told Inno, fairly, that it was TOO GOOD and TOO rewarding - but we're sure they saw it themselves.

So they adjusted it - and they brought it back to event reality. Then many people, I believe rightly so, complained a bit it was TOO HARD (unbalanced).

So we're NOT sure where it is EXACTLY for LIVE. Did they loosen it a bit more, or keep it right where we had it for the final beta week?

I guess we'll find out. If you get a lot of FIRE gems - :eek: - that will be a clue!

xivarmy

As a heads up for live players: Many of us in beta got the event prize because there was a time in the early beta test cycle when the acquisition of progress enhancing things was voluminous. Like shooting fish in a barrel (as they say)

It really accelerated everyone, and quickly. I don't think I would have achieved the TOWER if it wasn't like this, and I didn't capitalize on it at that time.

Many people actually told Inno, fairly, that it was TOO GOOD and TOO rewarding - but we're sure they saw it themselves.

So they adjusted it - and they brought it back to event reality. Then many people, I believe rightly so, complained a bit it was TOO HARD.

So we're NOT sure where it is EXACTLY for LIVE. Did they loosen it a bit more, or keep it right where we had it for the final beta week?

I guess we'll find out. If you get a lot of FIRE gems - :eek: - that will be a clue!
The 40% fire (vs 30% wind and water) should still be expected to be the case. and it may *seem* worse than that at times if you don't make any effort to compensate for it in your chest selections.

Their final adjustment on beta did build in some cushion. If you play the event well you should finish the tower with room to spare.

But there is plenty of room to not play the event well. Ranging from:

- "why is that even possible" (merging two level 4 already-full keys effectively just destroying one of them, getting less keys for not cashing them before you reset the board)
- "that seems reasonable, but it's not" (going for full clears which they even try to tell you is the goal in the announcement instead of taking early-resets when most of the value has been sapped)
- "oh didn't you notice you should be doing this?" (opening a big chest each day to take advantage of the double, doing daily challenge)

Ebeondi Asi

NO! Building roation is for the lazy. Part of the game challenge is to fit the crazy sizes and make choices that work for you rather than against you. Knowing the sizes of the next Event buildings I have already worked out in my head some of the things I can do .
I have to say it is clearly a greater challenge for some players than others. But with time it gets easier.

Last edited: