• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Mor-Rioghain

Only if you’ve fully cleared the board of locked pieces. It works, but you must complete the board for it to do so
Do you mean that your unmatched or 'plain' 4-piece gems will give you credit if you've cleared the board? I've done this - and it does NOT work. That is the biggest reason I got so messed up in the beginning of the game and spent too much energy! I'm even more confused than I was now!

Mor-Rioghain

@Xerosaur : I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I would, I would!!! Now that would satisfy just about everyone except maybe the most died-in-wool-individualists, or something! (tongue-in-cheek, y'all, tongue-in-cheek!) ;)

xivarmy

Do you mean that your unmatched or 'plain' 4-piece gems will give you credit if you've cleared the board? I've done this - and it does NOT work. That is the biggest reason I got so messed up in the beginning of the game and spent too much energy! I'm even more confused than I was now!
You should always convert your T4 key gems before reset.

The difference with a full clear is you may get credit for 10 non-key pieces, or 4 half-key pieces as well (you also get 1 key credit for a full key piece, which works if it's a T3 key and you full clear, but that's not any different than just converting it yourself).

In practice when I've done full clears (granted I've not done too many of em - maybe like 10-15 between beta and 10 live worlds) I've *never* had 10 non-key pieces left over of a single color. And seldom had 4 half-key pieces. So it's really not that big a difference.

Xenosaur

@Xerosaur : I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I would, I would!!! Now that would satisfy just about everyone except maybe the most died-in-wool-individualists, or something! (tongue-in-cheek, y'all, tongue-in-cheek!) ;)

Thanks... @Mor-Rioghain
While I love the Cave location... they actually *could* resurrect the event hub and have each booth on the pier be a slot for the sandboxes from the so-far this year, yearly events. For example, if someone just joined to play FoE last week, they could go back and get educated on St. Patty's day as an event they missed due to them joining FoE after it ran live, and, could have that as a practice area.

In this idea, you can SANDBOX study/play any previous current year event that's now finished, so in 2023, that might be the Forge Bowl mechanics, the St. Patty's day mechanics (always a popular one to play with), Anniversary mechanics, etc.

Last edited:

Dursland

With Mt Reserve kit coming up, it's time for a chest opening strategy.

Do you go with cheapest for most chances at the daily? Or most expensive for highest progress - and also a high percentage to win daily?

You'd get better prizes with highest too. It's hard to decide which way is best.

CDmark

With Mt Reserve kit coming up, it's time for a chest opening strategy.

Do you go with cheapest for most chances at the daily? Or most expensive for highest progress - and also a high percentage to win daily?

You'd get better prizes with highest too. It's hard to decide which way is best.
I will probably try to use the ones with the most fire keys. This event I am not as concerned about specials but, of course, the mt reserve is a good one.

Johnny B. Goode

I just noticed on my current board and this could be anyone's board : " you have x aamount left locked on your board . Clear them all to receive a clear all reward "

those statements are misleading to any newcomer .
How is it misleading? It gives exact info on remaining locked pieces and tells you that you get a reward if you clear them all. Both are true. I can vouch for the fact that if you do indeed clear all the locked pieces, you get a reward. It would only be misleading if you didn't get a reward.

Portia the Benevolent

I cannot stand this game. I thought at reset you had chance for 2x chest. For three days I’ve held off on all chests and never got the 2x. I even held off through half the day. I got it once way back when. Have not gotten it again. This game sucks eggs and I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever waste my time playing thus crappy event again. First time in 3 years I’m saying this. First time not spending one Diamond.

Update: finally got the hang of it, spent diamonds. Got L10 with fragments accruing for L11. Had I had a better understanding out the gate, there’s a good chance I could have whizzed through w/o diamonds for at least 1 building. Yes I watched MooingCat but he’s so long-winded and never gets to the point do I usually check out. Give me the cliffs notes.

Speaking cliffs notes, I left myself a voice tutorial that I hope I can find next year because I know I’ll forget all this,

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

You do not necessarily need to clear the entire board each go round .
And it never says that you have to. It just says that, if you do, you get a reward. It's not Inno's fault if people don't pay attention to the details of a mini game. It simply states facts. I mean, if this bothers you, then all the abortable bonus and side quests in the main city must really tick you off. Sheesh.

Ebeondi Asi

I have had a 2x 27=(54) and double prize every day.
To mention: clearing the board means clearing hte locked gems. You do not need to clear all gems.. (just all the locked gems. to get an extra prize. which is usually a One UP kit)

xivarmy

And it never says that you have to. It just says that, if you do, you get a reward. It's not Inno's fault if people don't pay attention to the details of a mini game. It simply states facts. I mean, if this bothers you, then all the abortable bonus and side quests in the main city must really tick you off. Sheesh.
They do state in the announcement that it's the "goal" to clear the board, and only mentions reset as a fallback "if you get stuck".

Which I would consider misleading considering the optimized strategy is usually to plan to reset, and only go for the full clear if you're either planning to spend a lot and thus make resets expensive, or if you get a lucky board where it's so close to clearing by the time you want to reset that you just opt to finish it off instead.

But the precise statement that you get a prize for clearing the board, I'd agree that's not misleading. You do get a prize. You can look at that prize chest in advance to decide it's not worth it most of the time.

Dursland

Well even with a 20-24% hit rate I only got one daily special on about a dozen chest opens. I went for the gold almost every time because of grand prize progress. Oh well, at least I completed my 3rd Eagle Mountain from St Patrick's. I'm more concerned with the Tower and the Keymasters than the dailies in this event.

Saving rest of my keys to be sure I get 2x 27 every day. Will blow it all on a daily last couple days.

Be Chuille

Well even with a 20-24% hit rate I only got one daily special on about a dozen chest opens. I went for the gold almost every time because of grand prize progress. Oh well, at least I completed my 3rd Eagle Mountain from St Patrick's. I'm more concerned with the Tower and the Keymasters than the dailies in this event.

Saving rest of my keys to be sure I get 2x 27 every day. Will blow it all on a daily last couple days.
I saved up my keys, and got 2 Eagle Mountains today!

Some of the selection kits I got from Bronze or Silver Chests. Did not need to click all gold.

Also built Phantom Tower, 2 keymasters, and need 2 more upgrades for a second Phantom and almost have another fully leveled keymaster.

Last edited:

Drunken.Yeti

Worst event game yet. I managed to clear all of 2 colors before getting the last color. I could not get ANY chest without the last colored key. I had filled the board entirely only to need to combine none keys to open space.... clearing the board at that pace would cost 1000's of energy. worst game with horrible "random" shards. makes this event worthless unless you max daily quests for energy, get every daily energy, get lucky and pull alot of energy from land drops and buy double that amount with diamonds. Playing the game on a mobile device is difficult at best ... on a phone, the top/bottom are very difficult to see. ... again, worst event game ever!

Minigal

This will be the first time in years where I will not get an event building that's fully leveled. I played it on Beta, so I knew what to do and how to play it. Oh well, I saved $15 by not having to purchase the Keymasters workshop to gain that precious golden level.

Mor-Rioghain

There are so many threads for the mini-game, I couldn't decide which one to choose to get an answer for this one (so I chose the official thread) since if this isn't correct, perhaps someone could guide me to a more pertinent/better one, thanks!

Where should I be on the progress bar if I'm through the main questline, caught up on daily quests, and have been opening a chest (or more than one) every day but one in the event? I can't seem to figure out how to guage if I'm behind, on schededule, or behind! (MooingCat's guide isn't helping me - not his fault, just couldn't find or understand it - and I know I've already made some judgement errors/etc. on how to spend proceed). Advice? Directions to a more pertinent thread? Message me? Anything? lol All help appreciated!!!

Dursland

Where should I be on the progress bar if I'm through the main questline, caught up on daily quests, and have been opening a chest (or more than one) every day but one in the event?
I've tried posting my progress here but nobody else shared their numbers.

I'm currently at:

88 water, 78 wind, and 99 fire keys with 2,840 energy remaining. My progress is at 1250 + 118.

Mor-Rioghain

I've tried posting my progress here but nobody else shared their numbers.

I'm currently at:

88 water, 78 wind, and 99 fire keys with 2,840 energy remaining. My progress is at 1250 + 118.
Thanks! I thought I was dreadfully behind on the meter but now based on yours - and you're usually careful w/your tracking and generally obtain the buildings - I'm not that far behind you on the worlds that are important to me. (Now, Let's "not" discuss how my "ahem," other numbers are probably not anywhere near as high as yours! heheh) Really, really appreciate the feedback! Wouldn't mind seeing some more info/different thread on what we should be expecting to have in terms of progress based on the # of quests done/day of event/something? rather than just the typical "league results."

When I had to miss my one day - I dropped as much as 3 leagues - it was crazy high! :(