• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Goth Almighty

It seems a waste to have to clear all the glassed-in pieces in order to reset the board, eh? But isn't it true that you have to except once a day?

Another question: when you already have a level 4 fully merged key, is there any sense in merging it with a level 4 top or bottom piece (if there's no way that top or bottom piece can be merged with its opposite type, to create another level 4 fully merged key)? For example, say you're at the very end of the board. there are no more glassed-in pieces and all the pieces that are left are a spawned level 4 bottom piece and a level 4 fully merged key. Is there an additional benefit to merging the two?

Last edited:

Dursland

It seems a waste to have to clear all the glassed-in pieces in order to reset the board, eh? But isn't it true that you have to except once a day?
No you don't have to. You can reset the board anytime. First reset of the day is free, rest costs 20, 40, 80, 160 etc energy. Costs reset at midnight.

It's been stated multiple times in this thread that clearing the board is a bad strategy.

Johnny B. Goode

No you don't have to. You can reset the board anytime. First reset of the day is free, rest costs 20, 40, 80, 160 etc energy. Costs reset at midnight.

It's been stated multiple times in this thread that clearing the board is a bad strategy.
So is paying out Energy to reset when there are still Keys to be had. If you do 4 boards a day, as some have advocated, without clearing the board, it will cost you 140 Energy. Not to mention the potential Keys lost and Progress points from breaking glass. But a certain someone in videos has said that clearing the board is bad, so the sheep follow. LOL

Dursland

So is paying out Energy to reset when there are still Keys to be had. If you do 4 boards a day, as some have advocated, without clearing the board, it will cost you 140 Energy. Not to mention the potential Keys lost and Progress points from breaking glass. But a certain someone in videos has said that clearing the board is bad, so the sheep follow. LOL
Can you share what you've gotten from board clears? I only got one, the first tutorial. One up kit iirc. I was like yeah not bad. Thought I'd get a reward everytime lol.

Pericles the Lion

You are 100% right. Following a 4-board, 240 per board energy spend will leave partial keys and unbroken glass on the board. It will also get you to the 3,750 progress (and then some) needed to get the Tower of Conjunction to level 11. On all 5 worlds I play I just today surpassed 3,750 progress with 4 days left to play, energy in reserve, and a lot of keys yet to be spent (no diamonds used).

Johnny B. Goode

Can you share what you've gotten from board clears? I only got one, the first tutorial. One up kit iirc. I was like yeah not bad. Thought I'd get a reward everytime lol.
Sure. In addition to the One Up Kits (20% chance), I've gotten all the possible rewards because I've cleared almost every single board. The other possible rewards are:
Renovation Kit (20%)
Finish Special Production (20%)
Finish All Special Productions (10%)
Epic Historical Questlines Selection Kit (15%)
Epic Anniversary 2023 Selection Kit (15%)
Every time I get one of the last two, I get to add either a Stage of Ages or a Botanical Rotunda to whatever city I'm currently in. The Finish Special Production items go to the AD because I don't have any of them in my cities. And the One Up and Reno Kits enable me to update all my event buildings when I age up. :)

Dursland

I just activated another 1 day sale; only this time you get 10K diamonds + 1.1K energy for $80 vs the previous sale of 30K diamonds + 1.1K .

What gives Inno ?
Means you got a 50% offer instead of 200%, looks like.

This happened to me too. Got a 200+bonus sale. Then week later I get a 50%. Was so glad I bought at 200 lol.

Johnny B. Goode

I have played this mini game on all 12 worlds I currently have. Used most of my Energy on all of them. Once you break open the glass on all of one color, that is the one that is predominantly spawned for the rest of that board. And when you get two colors all broken open, you get those two colors way more than you get the one remaining. And that's true 90+% of the time. It is definitely programmed to give you mostly the colors you don't need at a certain point in each board.

Long story short: Posted percentages only appear to apply at the beginning of each new board and change drastically once you eliminate the glassed pieces of at least one color.

Dursland

Now I have a question for our math experts.

Given that Gold chest is so much better in terms of progress per key, are you better off opening all gold chests and disregarding key balancing entirely?

Say I ignore the fire-key-only chests that I could click on to balance my supply as those are usually 3 or 10 point chests - and exclusively go for 20/27 point chests. This will probably leave me with 100ish unused fire keys, that could have been spent on smaller progress.

So math wise, would I come out ahead opening all gold chests or do I need to balance my keys?

@xivarmy @UBERhelp1 ?

Edit: For reference I have 310 water, 284 wind, and 416 fire.

Last edited:

Dursland

My question has been rendered moot. I got Mt Reserve kit to swap in as special and excitedly spent all my keys.

I did pick up fire-keys-only option when there was no 27 point chest so I did go for balancing slightly but I mostly focused on gold chests rather than balancing.

But hey, why not go ahead and answer my question for the others? lol

I ended up with a full eagle mountain and 2 additional kits, 1,500+ fps, 100+ rogues, and tons of prints. Very happy camper here.

Blasted way past 4000 progress too, currently at 4,403 and firmly in Silver league.

Have a tower level 1 plus 3 selection kits. Will get another upgrade from questline and I'm assuming my remaining keys/energy will get me to next upgrade. Possibly to 5000 for yet another.

That would mean I only need 4 or 5 kits from keymasters for a second, that won't take too long.

I think what I did was near-optimal. Was left with 28/14/104 on keys.

CDmark

Very close to what I observed too. As soon as you break the first glass the percentages start moving. If you only need one color you can easily take 20 draws before you get the one you need.
question, are you spawning 10 then breaking or spawn 1 or 2 then breaking? I spawn all 10 then look at board.

UBERhelp1

My question has been rendered moot. I got Mt Reserve kit to swap in as special and excitedly spent all my keys.

I did pick up fire-keys-only option when there was no 27 point chest so I did go for balancing slightly but I mostly focused on gold chests rather than balancing.

But hey, why not go ahead and answer my question for the others? lol

I ended up with a full eagle mountain and 2 additional kits, 1,500+ fps, 100+ rogues, and tons of prints. Very happy camper here.

Blasted way past 4000 progress too, currently at 4,403 and firmly in Silver league.

Have a tower level 1 plus 3 selection kits. Will get another upgrade from questline and I'm assuming my remaining keys/energy will get me to next upgrade. Possibly to 5000 for yet another.

That would mean I only need 4 or 5 kits from keymasters for a second, that won't take too long.

I think what I did was near-optimal. Was left with 28/14/104 on keys.
I've been balancing key spending and am currently at 63 keys left (haven't played the minigame yet today, though). I'm only at 4023 progress, so you do take a small hit from it. I also haven't been taking the double chest every day, because I wanted to focus more on daily specials. I could have gotten an extra 400 progress from that, probably.

Again though, with this event you can get pretty lucky if your biggest chests always balance. I kept getting stuck with chests taking massive amounts of green/blue and had to take quite a few red key bronze chests to level it out.

Last edited:

stymie of Suwannee

If you work the reward versus progress, they’re all good if you want both. When I liquidated my keys, it was all about using the surplus, often a second key needing regulating. I got down to 6 & 9 total keys, scoring 14 & 19 Farm kits, OK average and good average.
And unfortunately, haven’t developed the space to build a damn thing ( in Tuulech).

Dursland

Stats for Phantom Tower are so crazy good. I'm surprised they didn't nerf it in beta, and glad. :)

My city really needed more attack than attacker's defense this time, and it's great to get blue stats too.

Mooingcat's automated solver has stopped working. :\ Hope he fixes it soon. If not, I think there's one guy on reddit who made an 'improved version' - hopefully that one will still work.

Luckily I was on the last board of the day so I went ahead and did it myself. It was a pretty atrocious board so I don't think the solver would have done much better than I did.

Dursland

I may make it to 5250 progress for another tower kit, which would reduce my needed kits to 2 for a second Phantom.

Another 100 energy from incidents would guarantee it, otherwise it'll be close.

A bit pained I can't get my third keymaster fully upgraded but it's good enough to put down at level 2.

thathurts

the events are now a pure joke nothing but a diamond grab for inno, they nerf our gbs they nerf gbg and ge and now you need to buy diamonds to finish off event hell will freeze before they see a cent out of my pocket

Pericles the Lion

the events are now a pure joke nothing but a diamond grab for inno, they nerf our gbs they nerf gbg and ge and now you need to buy diamonds to finish off event hell will freeze before they see a cent out of my pocket
No diamonds are needed to get the Phantom Tower, just sensible play of the mini-game. I have it built in 4 of my 5 cities and it's in the inventory of the fifth. Energy and keys in reserve with 2 days remaining. Didn't need the last upgrade from the questline.