• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arc Advantages

DeletedUser29726

While I support and encourage 1.85 threads both inside and outside the guild, I don't support 1.9 threads. When a guild mate can sell off a top spot to someone outside the guild for 1.85 without any issues, don't deny me the same opportunity for profit just because we're in the same guild. I find that expectation, especially inside a guild, particularly entitled and offensive.

I'm more than happy to take a smaller profit to help guild mates in exchange for consistency. I always have the ability to take less profit (be more generous) should I want or need to. Otherwise, I simply won't participate in those leveling threads. Then all my FPs and all the rewards from all my GBs all go to players outside the guild.

1.85 threads still save players 1,000's of FPs. If not, the private threads and leveling groups would not exist.

Honestly the particular % is not terribly important. If they expect you to give 1.9 that means they also give 1.9 to you - you don't profit off them, but neither they you. If it's 1.85 then it rewards those who stalk the threads and keep the buildings filled up promptly with a little profit and that's not a bad thing either. Even 1.8 is just fine with me as long as i'm getting opportunities as well as giving them. Now if it's a 1.8 or 1.85 thread and i'm giving the best spots there and others are making private side deals for 1.9 and then profitting off my buildings posted at 1.8 or 1.85 it might encourage me to also make 1.9 side deals and as everyone does that the thread effectively dies off. Or i might be lazy and just let them have their profit ;)

Effectively what this means is what's important is that the thread gives a competitive % to what others are willing to work to get side deals for usually.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32307

That is a bit of a blanket. If a guild is young and/or has few level 80 Arcs, a 1.8 thread is actually much more beneficial to the guild. With few level 80 Arcs in a guild, chances are, those few owners don't have enough FPs to help everyone. Where a 1.8 thread would help the Arc80 owners build their banks to help more people. At the same time, those at a level 60 can start helping with the burden AND building their banks up. For an established guild where there are dozens of level 80 Arcs? Sure. A 1.9 thread should be in place and used. For a growing guild, it just isn't feasible.

That's absolutely not true. The owner saves hundreds of FP on each level which in turn frees them to further develop their arc instead of stagnating the process. I'm apart of a young team that basically only had 3 80s to develop my arc. There were times when they didn't have enough for a lock especially on the evil levels, but I got to 80 getting it at 1.9 with surprising ease. Now I perform the same service for my guildies like they did for me, 1.9. In fact, my guild on my world is the only one required to do locks at 1.9. Were a fairly large guild as well with a lot of requests and if we can all meet them, many other guilds could as well. The problem I see at least in my world? Greed. Established guilds doing it at 1.8 is simple greed.

DeletedUser32307

While I support and encourage 1.85 threads both inside and outside the guild, I don't support 1.9 threads. When a guild mate can sell off a top spot to someone outside the guild for 1.85 without any issues, don't deny me the same opportunity for profit just because we're in the same guild. I find that expectation, especially inside a guild, particularly entitled and offensive.

I'm more than happy to take a smaller profit to help guild mates in exchange for consistency. I always have the ability to take less profit (be more generous) should I want or need to. Otherwise, I simply won't participate in those leveling threads. Then all my FPs and all the rewards from all my GBs all go to players outside the guild.

1.85 threads still save players 1,000's of FPs. If not, the private threads and leveling groups would not exist.

Go figure. Anti-gvger, lock it or lose it philosophy, I can imagine what kind of guildmate you are. Selfish.

RazorbackPirate

Go figure. Anti-gvger, lock it or lose it philosophy, I can imagine what kind of guild mate you are. Selfish.
Nice projection, but no. Not even close. In fact, you can't imagine a guild mate like me, you've likely never had one.

I have found in life and in the game that I can give more and help more when I have an abundance of resources and I give from my overflow (extra). It might be noble, but you can't make much of a difference giving sacrificially when you lack yourself. I just gave a former guild mate a full set of goods to build a GB out of age. I'm a very helpful and generous person in the game and in life with both my resources and my time. However, nothing makes my sphincter tighten faster than an entitled attitude.

I'm not anti-GvG, I'm just not interested in it personally. What I am is anti-GvG complaint entitlement. Thinking the problems with GvG should take precedence over the problems in the rest of the game. Y'all want to GvG, that's fine, just don't ask me to participate in it or support it.

Other than getting me 100% wrong, thanks for illustrating my point and putting your entitled, expectant, attitude on display.
I already was passing over daily quests that require large donations to the treasury. Perhaps if you made these forced donations of goods from any age, I may do these daily quests. Again my current age goods are too valuable to waste on an uncertain prize in a daily quest.
Yet these are the types of guild mates you love. Go figure.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

That's absolutely not true. The owner saves hundreds of FP on each level which in turn frees them to further develop their arc instead of stagnating the process. I'm apart of a young team that basically only had 3 80s to develop my arc. There were times when they didn't have enough for a lock especially on the evil levels, but I got to 80 getting it at 1.9 with surprising ease. Now I perform the same service for my guildies like they did for me, 1.9. In fact, my guild on my world is the only one required to do locks at 1.9. Were a fairly large guild as well with a lot of requests and if we can all meet them, many other guilds could as well. The problem I see at least in my world? Greed. Established guilds doing it at 1.8 is simple greed.

I'm not talking about leveling Arcs. That is a whole different ball game, and many guilds have different types of programs. I have 6 Arcs (at various levels- but one at 80 and another at 77) and I have only leveled ONE with a 1.8/1.9 thread. The rest were done with in-guild programs- different with pros and cons.

I'm talking about a 1.9 thread where any player can post any GB, regardless if they have an Arc or not. If only 4-5 people in the guild have a level 80 Arc, the thread is going to be dead. They can't sustain the requests- it isn't feasible. A 1.8 thread would be more beneficial, as Arcs from levels 60-80 can help AND they build their banks at the same time.

EnamIccug

I'm not talking about leveling Arcs. That is a whole different ball game, and many guilds have different types of programs. I have 6 Arcs (at various levels- but one at 80 and another at 77) and I have only leveled ONE with a 1.8/1.9 thread. The rest were done with in-guild programs- different with pros and cons.

I'm talking about a 1.9 thread where any player can post any GB, regardless if they have an Arc or not. If only 4-5 people in the guild have a level 80 Arc, the thread is going to be dead. They can't sustain the requests- it isn't feasible. A 1.8 thread would be more beneficial, as Arcs from levels 60-80 can help AND they build their banks at the same time.

You'd be surprised! You just need 4 or 5 80 Arcs with big FP banks (or Arcs over 80) for a 1.9 thread to be sustainable. And then as more Arcs get up, you can get to a point (at least temporarily) where there are too many chiefs, and not enough Indians...

DeletedUser29623

You'd be surprised! You just need 4 or 5 80 Arcs with big FP banks (or Arcs over 80) for a 1.9 thread to be sustainable. And then as more Arcs get up, you can get to a point (at least temporarily) where there are too many chiefs, and not enough Indians...

I just moved to a guild because several of its members were asking about making 1.9 donations to my Arc. Meanwhile, requests in my previous guild could languish in the guild thread for days. It made no sense to stay there and let them reap the treasury donations from my Arc when it was mostly people from another guild who were leveling it.

DeletedUser31592

That is precisely my point, actually. Is if you DON'T have the big banks, you can't depend on just a couple of level 80 Arcs. You need the 1.8 thread to BUILD the banks up.

I refuse to belong to shark-like guilds where it is all about Arcs, sniping, profit, and me, me, me. Because of this, I don't tend to be in guilds with lots of level 80 Arcs and also lots of large FP banks. We are getting there- together- but not there yet.

EnamIccug

That is precisely my point, actually. Is if you DON'T have the big banks, you can't depend on just a couple of level 80 Arcs. You need the 1.8 thread to BUILD the banks up.

I refuse to belong to shark-like guilds where it is all about Arcs, sniping, profit, and me, me, me. Because of this, I don't tend to be in guilds with lots of level 80 Arcs and also lots of large FP banks. We are getting there- together- but not there yet.

I guess, but I never had a 1.8 thread to build my bank; it was just done via collection conversion and sniping outside guild. As far as "sharks" and level 80 Arcs, I think it really depends on guild culture. The two definitely don't always go hand in hand. You just need people who realize that making the smaller players stronger makes the guild stronger, which makes everyone stronger.

DeletedUser29726

I guess, but I never had a 1.8 thread to build my bank; it was just done via collection conversion and sniping outside guild. As far as "sharks" and level 80 Arcs, I think it really depends on guild culture. The two definitely don't always go hand in hand. You just need people who realize that making the smaller players stronger makes the guild stronger, which makes everyone stronger.

There's so many factors though that saying one right way fits all doesn't make sense.

Were the first arcs in guild also among the first arcs in world? More snipe opportunities.
Are the owners of the first arcs in guild willing to spend hours weekly scouring for opportunities outside of guild?
Just how much do they have in collections to convert? Are they happy with what's currently in their city that using their collections to convert is an option over working up other buildings? For how long?
Are the people they're helping active contributing members who the help can be thought of as a thank you? Or just people they *hope* will one day be active contributing members and would inspire bitterness if after bending over backwards to help them at the cost of own progress they ditch for another guild?

DeletedUser29623

There must be some upside to it because I’ve had players from outside my guild reaching out to ask to make 1.9 drops on my Arc.

DeletedUser29726

Could also be people with the people who didn't stop at 80. A level 130 arc makes as much profit at 90% as a level 80 arc does at 85%.

Or they might have been after recurring quests at the time (was fairly common to offer 90% when VF was released as people rushed to make additional terracotta sets).

Or they might just really like you and hope to recruit you by being nice.

DeletedUser29623

Could also be people with the people who didn't stop at 80. A level 130 arc makes as much profit at 90% as a level 80 arc does at 85%.

Or they might have been after recurring quests at the time (was fairly common to offer 90% when VF was released as people rushed to make additional terracotta sets).

Or they might just really like you and hope to recruit you by being nice.

They weren’t making an effort to recruit me, but I did eventually join their guild because the 1.8 donation thread in the guild I was in moved too slowly. They all have 80+ Arcs and are probably doing RQs too.