• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Feedback

DeletedUser29623

Here's what I wrote on my guild chat today, "Crap! That tomb raiding is addicting. I have to stop. I don't want the DS. I need to wait."

It IS fun, but it really seemed like this guild leader didn't understand the daily special concept

Agent327

That's a shame, I'll miss the anticipation of watching and waiting for the prize to flip over. Hoping I can get into the habit of checking the event window during the day and not too late at night/early AM so I don't miss it. Looks like in all these 5 pages just me and the other person you answered were the only ones who noticed so I guess I'm the odd one out bothered by it. I assume the times have been changed on your server as well?

Yes. Event started for me at 11.30 AM and that is the time the prizes change now. Event will also end at 11.30 AM, so each prize is now on for 24 hrs. That used to be different. First and last prize used to be on for more or less than 24 hrs, so in that way it makes sense. Changing the daily allotment time would mean you would get less scrolls.

DeletedUser40061

i just want to add that the event is very fun. as with any event in foe. unearthed some nice treaures. the negative part is when you have a gut feeling one sandy spot might contain a treasure and you use up your last brush or shovel and it turns out to be nothing. :p

DeletedUser40222

i just want to add that the event is very fun. as with any event in foe. unearthed some nice treaures. the negative part is when you have a gut feeling one sandy spot might contain a treasure and you use up your last brush or shovel and it turns out to be nothing. :p

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think tiles that show up with only sand are never going to have anything in them, so you would be wasting brushes to check them.

Kesto11

I keep 12 blacksmiths permanently for quests, whether they are for events, DCs, story quests, etc. Yes, it is wasted space other than for questing, but then I don't have to keep deleting, adding, or rearranging things to fit them in. I find 12 to be a great number for fulfilling the variety of production options that typically come up in quests.

The reality is that most quests are unnecessary and inefficient, merely checking off boxes to get rewards. It's better to simply accept this reality and designate a small section of the city to complete these for rewards. Just think of the lost tile production as the cost to gain more efficient production elsewhere.

Graviton

I keep 12 blacksmiths permanently for quests, whether they are for events, DCs, story quests, etc. Yes, it is wasted space other than for questing, but then I don't have to keep deleting, adding, or rearranging things to fit them in. I find 12 to be a great number for fulfilling the variety of production options that typically come up in quests.

The reality is that most quests are unnecessary and inefficient, merely checking off boxes to get rewards. It's better to simply accept this reality and designate a small section of the city to complete these for rewards. Just think of the lost tile production as the cost to gain more efficient production elsewhere.

That's not a bad strategy, and I have considered doing it, but then I realize that kinda screws the friends and guildies who aid those buildings. I do keep a couple of blacksmiths around for when I need an extra production or two, but that's it.

DeletedUser37581

That's not a bad strategy, and I have considered doing it, but then I realize that kinda screws the friends and guildies who aid those buildings. I do keep a couple of blacksmiths around for when I need an extra production or two, but that's it.
I look at it this way. If the Blacksmiths are being aided, then everything else got aided. If there were no Blacksmiths, then the person aiding would have gotten the message that there was nothing to aid. Aiding a Blacksmith is no worse than aiding nothing.

DeletedUser40222

So about the blacksmiths....here's the Quest coming up on the 10th:
Quest 48: 10 May 2019
Edward: "Spend 400 Tavern Silver in the Friends Tavern OR In a production building, finish a 24-hour production 22 times"

24 hour productions TWENTY TWO TIMES?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

You know what I love? Getting 11/22 productions in event quests or the daily challenge when my city has 10 Cider Mills. I always love it when something is 1 over the mark. Well, that's what Hunters are for I guess.

I try to avoid the whole Forge of Blacksmiths thing as a courtesy to my friends with a DT because nothing sucks more than seeing a BA good come up from blind aid. Cider Mills are only 2 tiles more than a Blacksmith, and they're excellent producers as well.

DeletedUser27889

I found the Sunken Treasure building from the last summer event one of the best new buildings in quite some time just for this purpose. It's 2x3 multi production allows for you to do quests but since it's 24 HR is a FP it's like having an (opposite orientation) sacred sky watch when not in use for them. 8hrs for 5 goods is also a niftly little goods producer if you need those and not the FP.

I understand why you might be interested in keeping black smiths around all the time for events and DCs but hopefully during the summer event we will see Sunken Treasure again so no one has to.

DeletedUser28147

Welp, looks like I'm screwed, should have listened to all those people who played beta and said concentrate only on idols. I really wanted a level 10.

DeletedUser29623

I have 10 sleigh builders and 10 sunken treasures in each of my cities and they are the greatest: always available for production quests, and when not doing that, they produce fps and goods. But they can’t be motivated, so they can be plundered.

UBERhelp1

You know what I love? Getting 11/22 productions in event quests or the daily challenge when my city has 10 Cider Mills. I always love it when something is 1 over the mark. Well, that's what Hunters are for I guess.

I try to avoid the whole Forge of Blacksmiths thing as a courtesy to my friends with a DT because nothing sucks more than seeing a BA good come up from blind aid. Cider Mills are only 2 tiles more than a Blacksmith, and they're excellent producers as well.
You are awesome. It is always dangerous during events for a DT. Tend to get a lot of BA goods during them lol.

DeletedUser27889

With DT you can always manually Mo/Po I'm sure when many people first put it down they did just that. If you use the aid button with a DT you know you're taking a gamble and not using it to it's fullest potential. While it's certainly great that some people would avoid using black smiths to help their DT friends out at the same time those DT friends could be helping themselves avoid your black smiths if we just took the time to go manual.

DeletedUser30312

It's time consuming though. I usually only hit manual if I'm hunting a specific age for goods, like VF. Does get annoying if I end up hitting a Blacksmith or badly outdated SoK farm on blind aid though.

I picked up a nice set of 4 Carousels the other day, and used three of them to replace a Tiger's Den and two Winner's Plazas. Nice little haul there. I tried for an extra Kiosk or two today since those aren't bad, but no luck. I limited myself on the number of tools used in case Inno decides to put something like a Checkmate Square on the Daily.

DeletedUser39048

t would have been great if there had been some scrolls in the incidents...TBD

DeletedUser40034

This event turned out to be one big fail, been stuck for 4 days. You would think they would have a stalemate factor, what a waste.