• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Future – part 1 - Feedback

DeletedUser17462

Also the special quest now only gives bronze age rewards, I got 9 dye,9 stone and then quit trying to finish it as not worth my time.
And yes I moved up before I read the feed back,
a few of us did and are now standing in the corner ashamed :confused:
Guild member I talked to said he still got FE goods.

DeletedUser1587

Feedback for FoE in general:

I wish you would allow starting a second city (from Stone Age) in the same World with a transfer of a percentage of age appropriate resources (or at least coins & supplies or forge points) between cities. Right now, to start in a separate World requires the painfully slow building up from complete scratch.

As it is, for high-end non-GvG players, the game appears to just be a race to the latest Age or Special Event and the one city containing massive piles of coins, supplies, metals and resources with little to use them for.

DeletedUser20367

I'm a long way from AF but I've been playing for a year now and have been reading the forum (almost obsessively) that whole time so some comments come to mind.

'Medals are USELESS' I don't know how many times I've read that comment along with suggestions & proposals for something to do with the huge stocks of medals that some players have. Well, we now have not one but TWO new uses for medals so, Thank You INNO.

'The newest Age GvG map fills up as soon as the new Age opens'. Not going to be a problem anymore. Now it's going to be a race to see who can field enough new Age troops to make gains on the Advanced GvG map against others who still have DAs full of lower Age troops. Quite a change in strategy so, Thank You INNO. To be fair, I do agree with pretty much everyone else that calling it an 'All Ages' map was nearly complete horsepucky. True, you can slap in a few lower Age DA's to bring you up to 8 and no one will know until after they attack but that's not really a world changing strategy.

'We don't know what the (Arctic) Future holds' A nice bit of realism in a game where the technology has gone past what we currently have. No one knows what the future holds in real life. No one knows whether they should invest in this new idea or not. How many people invested in Apple when it first appeared? IBM? Microsoft? How many people invested in Enron or Pets.com? Advance into the future or don't. The choice is entirely up to you but demanding to know every single consequence of your possible actions before you make them is not realistic.

'AF treasury goods are (currently) useless' True, there is no use for them right now but even if INNO had somehow forgotten the three GBs that donate to the treasury I'm quite certain that the players have successfully reminded them.

Some parts of the game are better than others, otherwise there would only need to be one of everything. I know people who are very happy with their Collosseum or Notre Dame. If a part of the game doesn't fit your play style, don't use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6163

The new Great Building is garbage, not having any medal expansions was a disappointment (but hopefully they'll be on a future release). I'm excited about the new resource the devs mentioned in their promo vid, to see what other challenges it will offer the game.

As expected, the new All Ages GvG map is pretty laggy already. Overall, other than a couple of disappointments, this is an ok release.

DeletedUser8420

With the cost of goods in the artic age tech tree, the cost of goods for expeditions and the buildings/new GB as given in the new age isn't all that I will remain parked in FE for bit.

DeletedUser10789

Cassaundrea,
So you know the only thing you are missing out on is having your guild goods sit parked in the guild treasury with no foreseeable future or knowledge thereof. Additionally, here is a small trick for you, but I will NOT know if it works for a few days. I see the New Age gives you 1 expansion, BUT on all the ages Continent Maps, there were 2 expansions to be had from any new age. Since my Scout is out looking for the NEW Continent Map, I do not know how many expansions are there, if any, so that might be a small work around to get more room for your map/city. Something to ponder and think about, like I said, I am NOT sure yet of how many are there and I am too cheap to pay those diamonds for an instant gratification of getting to that age.

Enjoy and stay put, I am and I am still in FE and notified my guild of the same.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser8420

Cassaundrea,
So you know the only thing you are missing out on is having your guild goods sit parked in the guild treasury with no foreseeable future or knowledge thereof. Additionally, here is a small trick for you, but I will NOT know if it works for a few days. I see the New Age gives you 1 expansion, BUT on all the ages Continent Maps, there were 2 expansions to be had from any new age. Since my Scout is out looking for the NEW Continent Map, I do not know how many expansions are there, if any, so that might be a small work around to get more room for your map/city. Something to ponder and think about, like I said, I am NOT sure yet of how many are there and I am too cheap to pay those diamonds for an instant gratification of getting to that age.

Enjoy and stay put, I am and I am still in FE and notified my guild of the same.

Steve - LordStevie
I also put notice out to my guild that I am in a holding pattern, a couple others have thought it over and they too are holding. The costs vs rewards do not merit moving forward at this time.

DeletedUser10076

Well I withheld criticism until it actually came out as I was trying to be fair, but this new age and INNO deserves a talking too.

Issues and in no particular order.

1. The age is incomplete. Do not release part 2, part 3 or whatever get done with the age and release it. This incremental is annoying and quite frankly pathetic. If this is last age which according to announcement I think it is, just say "hey guys this is the king of all ages so its going to take awhile" And most peeps would say "alright. On a related note I am happy this is the last age its about time the game was already getting kinda sci-fi. If this isn't the last age then STOP WITH THE NEW AGES ALREADY really it should have stopped in TE.

2. This "all age gvg". Seems poorly thought out.....and quite frankly im a little disappointed on how it was handled. I was kinda hoping you would continue to make units like the drummer, color guard, etc aka "no age units" give players a set number of these troops a week and have these special units fight on a "no age map" Quite frankly this "solution" is weak.

3. The gbs treasury problem.

4. So far the new barracks don't give a military boost. That was one of the best features of CE+,and I hope it is not going away.

5. After the success of GE this is a HUGE disappointment. Listen to the peeps behind GE, don't listen ot the peeps behind this.(i realize its likely the same people)

Anyways I like others will be holding fast.

DeletedUser6288

The first thing I noticed... the birds are BACK!!! :D It was depressing thinking about living in a future where drones have replaced birds in the sky. :(

DeletedUser10415

I'm disappointed with this partial release of the AF tech tree. There's no way of knowing what goods I'm going to need to work all the way through it, which makes me uneasy. It's put a serious damper on my city planning activity.

As mentioned by others, the lack of a battle boost from either of the two barracks available is worrying.

Some of the premium buildings are not as useful as those from the Age before. They're supposed to be an upgrade, but they're not, so why would I buy them?

I'm not worried about what Inno's going to do with AF goods in the guild treasury. I'm certain there will be some use for them and so I'm happily churning out these goods from my Atomium, Observatory, and Arc in my AF city.

DeletedUser7289

I'm disappointed with this partial release of the AF tech tree. There's no way of knowing what goods I'm going to need to work all the way through it, which makes me uneasy. It's put a serious damper on my city planning activity.
I'm with you, Glarg. There's a real problem with the order of the tech tree, especially. Really, having to research all 5 goods techs before getting to any military, then the military before a residential? That's not exactly a recipe to redevelop my city.
I'm not usually one to complain much, but so far Arctic Future seems very poorly planned out. While it may help Diamond sales (not to me, but someone), it's not at all 'player friendly'.

glennthenerd

I was annoyed when I move to the Arctic age, then the last quests in Isadora Duncan event provided Bronze Age goods as rewards and a tiny amount of coins that looked like Bronze Age. Another reason not to advance to Arctic until this is fixed.

DeletedUser18851

1. Gaia -- Garbage; a complete waste of space. Nobody has built it yet, nor will they ever. What a joke. Class it with Lotus, Space Needle and Colosseum.

2. Incomplete release -- Lame. When players request more frequent new content, you don't simply spread out what you were going to give them anyway. That is insulting and when I read the rationale in the release, I about vomited in my own lap. It's not cute, it's not suspenseful; it's annoying and pointless despite what the Germans think. Oh wait!!! No, it has a point. It was a shameless money grab, because... you guessed it, all the Premium buildings are available.

3. Mystery of the goods -- Not giving players the information to make informed decisions about moving up in era? Lame. What are Arctic Future goods used for? Nobody knows!! Why move up, when all our GB's are producing FE goods that we can use on the FE map? Would the developers move their cities up if they didn't know what the goods were for?

4. All-Era GvG map -- Whatever. It's something new at least, and a use for medals. But the same power as FE? Lame. Ignoring of the battle box loading times for those with more than a thousand troops has made it so slow that nobody wants to play in it. THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE: Let the battle box remember the era of troop you have selected!! Make that work in the hood too! Holy cow!! Reduce server load, reduce player lag... nope. Makes too much sense... not going to happen. Another classic example of the developers not playing their own game and having no clue about what it needs.

5. No medals expansions. Not even one! Brilliant.

6. Surrogate soldier sucks. Recon raider represents a slight upgrade.

7. GvG in general -- Nice job, you broke it. 3/4 of the time you click to either load the map or load a specific era, you wind up with an endless loading shield. Do not tell me to clear my cache!!! Way to beta-test stuff for 5 days before releasing it you bugophiles. Also, placing defending armies has become a bugalicious chore, too. Half my time playing this game is spent waiting for the screen to change.

Whatever.

This is the kind of service I've come to expect from a company that refuses to deal with blatant cheaters with 16 push accounts (AngryOGITH on B world) so long as they've spent the minimum number of real dollars on the game. See last level of is RFP here - and then contemplate how he is not banned or lost his GB's, even after the issue was taken to both of the worthless community managers. They've seen this guy's YouTube channel where he talks about how to use a VPN to disguise your IP. He clearly has a "FoE Accounts and PWs" text document on his desktop. But nah. No discipline. The guy has a video showing his account with 50k + diamonds on it. PM me if you want to see everything.

Incredible.

It's pathetic and sad, and if I wasn't so lazy and it wasn't a futile endeavor, I'd send all the proof in an envelope to Hamburg.

PS. I've been stuck in the same hood with the same idiots for months. Still.

DeletedUser11463

Not sure if anyone else thought of this, but we've been getting a number of quest contests (like Isadora) and one of the parts is usually research a tech. Uh oh. If I get this quest, I guess I'm going to have to stop right there. I'm not moving into Arctic for a long time. For me anyway, it doesn't seem well thought out. The buildings, GB (one) and troops seem to be about equal to or even less than FE equivalents. So what is the benefit?? How about a troop that brings back invisibility against rail guns and exoskel warriors. Or a building that is smaller with same number of people as the prior age equivalent. Most of us don't need coins and supplies in any great quantity because we have millions. Sure not everyone, but many higher end players do.

DeletedUser8420

Completing The Future marks a very important milestone. As you know Forge of Empires is meant to be realistic, so we will not progress further in time as we'd go into sci-fi. - Darkartist posted on the announcement of Artic Age.

Are you kidding me? FOE is meant to be realistic so they will not progress further in time???? Once you released future you left any semblance of reality. Where is the levitation centers in today's world? or algae airships etc. What exactly is Smart Materials suppose to be modeled after? Where are the hologram arenas ...that would be something to see. What country has anti material ranges? LOL these are realistic? Come on this is a game! OK, so are you saying no one has any sense of imagination there? Or is it the servers are running out of space and you need to slow the pace down? Is that the real reason that you decided to break the artic age up into four units? And does that mean the four units are going to take what two to four years to come totally out? Then what? Space? no that would sci-fi'ish... under water? well at least that would be a bit different...but then again I don't see massive underwater cities being built. So again sci-fi'ish..... So question are we coming to the end of the road for FOE?

DeletedUser

It probably means they'll provide support for this game for another year or so and then stop, putting their people on another game lol.

DeletedUser9433

Not sure if anyone else thought of this, but we've been getting a number of quest contests (like Isadora) and one of the parts is usually research a tech. Uh oh. If I get this quest, I guess I'm going to have to stop right there. I'm not moving into Arctic for a long time. For me anyway, it doesn't seem well thought out. The buildings, GB (one) and troops seem to be about equal to or even less than FE equivalents. So what is the benefit?? How about a troop that brings back invisibility against rail guns and exoskel warriors. Or a building that is smaller with same number of people as the prior age equivalent. Most of us don't need coins and supplies in any great quantity because we have millions. Sure not everyone, but many higher end players do.
I got that quest yesterday BB and like you my progress on that quest is stymied as I intend to stay put in FE as well until or unless I see some positive feedback about the Arctic.