• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Future troops in Industrial Age?!?!?!?

Cyrus the Adequate

I am in High Middle Ages (Langendorn). I went in to PVP and selected a fight against an Industrial Age player with a very low defense rating (35/20%, IIRC).

Here's what I got:

Screenshot_20220604-073518_Forge of Empires - LowRes.jpg

Screenshot_20220604-073616_Forge of Empires LowRes.jpg

How can this happen? I fought him twice just to make sure it wasn't a one-off glitch.

Ebeondi Asi

"less people ..do this crap"
Why? if it is allowed then why not? it takes an effort and knowledge to succeed at getting the troops. then not losing them.
I never did try, but applaud players who did. Instead of hurting the game I say it broadens the possibilities and makes play more interesting!
The desire by some to play a Foe version of Candy Crush should not be any reason to stop having unique opportunities to advance play styles

MollisVox

"less people ..do this crap"
Why? if it is allowed then why not? it takes an effort and knowledge to succeed at getting the troops. then not losing them.
I never did try, but applaud players who did. Instead of hurting the game I say it broadens the possibilities and makes play more interesting!
The desire by some to play a Foe version of Candy Crush should not be any reason to stop having unique opportunities to advance play styles
It would be one thing if it actually provided some sort of advantage in the pvp tower, but the people who do this really only have enough troops to stock for city defense and pvp tower. They're typically not even in the top 500 for the tower ranking. The end result is just a bunch of randos sneaking in higher age troops at no measurable advantage to themselves. Diamonds pretty much deal with the "effort and knowledge" of not losing the troops, but again, most of the people who do this don't seem to have enough to fight with. If it was a mark of the skillful and knowledgeable they'd be using the troops to get better rewards at the end of each week.

Snek

They are useful for GBG when you have high A/D because you can then use them to do extra damage, damage that you wouldn't be getting if you were using same-era troops.

Pericles the Lion

It would be one thing if it actually provided some sort of advantage in the pvp tower, but the people who do this really only have enough troops to stock for city defense and pvp tower. They're typically not even in the top 500 for the tower ranking. The end result is just a bunch of randos sneaking in higher age troops at no measurable advantage to themselves. Diamonds pretty much deal with the "effort and knowledge" of not losing the troops, but again, most of the people who do this don't seem to have enough to fight with. If it was a mark of the skillful and knowledgeable they'd be using the troops to get better rewards at the end of each week.
Sounds like you didn't follow the Advanced Units Guide. There are huge advantages to getting the advanced units. I got Hovers when I was in Indy. I don't recall what my A/D stats were (something like 600/300) and I auto-battled in GBG with regular units to about 25 attrition then switched over to the Hovers, auto-battled to about 40 attrition then switched to manual. I never used the advanced units for city defense cause I don't care about city defense. Neither do I care about the PvP tower. Getting Hovers in Indy for GBG really helped move my city along.

DevaCat

And how exactly do you know that those players aren’t getting rewards?