• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Orangery or the Alcatraz?

Johnny B. Goode

im working on AO level 114 right now. It’s not a bad double dip. It’s bonus also works for your units defending your town. The AO and Traz are both must haves and the more fights you do the more of a must have they both are. Whats great about the AO is it’s bonus never expires. Great for GvG and GBG. Yes the AO is big but when you get 100+ fp a day for it it’s worth the space it takes up.
So for you a level 114 AO is a must have. Got it. (And the bonus for your town only works if they attack with same era troops, so...)

CDmark

Thanks y'all!
Um, we are not done, you didnt ask about Kracken...lol Ever since GBG, Traz definitely would go first. Since AO is 49 spaces, Traz is only 21 more, at 70 total. So, I have discussed with guildmates and explained that the Traz makes units but it actually makes you FPs in GBG. So, if you say the AO gives you FPs too, so does the Traz, just indirectly. Also, Traz is cheaper to level. When your Traz makes you lots of indirect FPs, it can then help pay to level your more expensive AO. GBG has changed the GB priority.

Johnny B. Goode

Um, we are not done, you didnt ask about Kracken...lol Ever since GBG, Traz definitely would go first. Since AO is 49 spaces, Traz is only 21 more, at 70 total. So, I have discussed with guildmates and explained that the Traz makes units but it actually makes you FPs in GBG. So, if you say the AO gives you FPs too, so does the Traz, just indirectly. Also, Traz is cheaper to level. When your Traz makes you lots of indirect FPs, it can then help pay to level your more expensive AO. GBG has changed the GB priority.
No, GBG changed nothing. The Traz was always definitely a higher priority than the AO. Always. Traz is a valuable GB in every case except those rare players who never fight. It enables a player at any level to fight further in every arena of FoE. It completely (unless mishandled) eliminates the need to wait for units to heal or train. Even at a low levels. And at higher levels it gives a player maximum flexibility in where to fight in GvG (if they're so inclined). Even a moderately high level Traz lets a player shrug off losses in battle and keep slogging. AO does none of that.

CDmark

No, GBG changed nothing. The Traz was always definitely a higher priority than the AO. Always. Traz is a valuable GB in every case except those rare players who never fight. It enables a player at any level to fight further in every arena of FoE. It completely (unless mishandled) eliminates the need to wait for units to heal or train. Even at a low levels. And at higher levels it gives a player maximum flexibility in where to fight in GvG (if they're so inclined). Even a moderately high level Traz lets a player shrug off losses in battle and keep slogging. AO does none of that.
I agree with all of your points but let me explain it more, it wasn't just a Traz vs AO example. For Traz/AO, the Traz now makes FPs indirectly so the AO FP benefit is wiped away. All points made about the Traz benefits above, 100% true. But, when GBG started, that Zeus was the most popular GB in the 1.9 threads, CoA too. I started calling Zeus "Hot Pants" he was so popular. Everyone was leveling Zeus bcs it was the cheapest. Sure people leveled them before but it went crazy. Anyone with L61 Zeus wanted more right away. So, overall, GBG, in my opinion did change how many players looked at GBs, what to level and how far to level. It is bcs L81 Zeus is 10 % Attack/defense better than L61 and that means more FPs from GBG. Many would level Traz more bcs more troops meant more FPs. The game is all about FPs (diamonds too) and GBG is a FP cow and South African diamond mine. That was what I didn't explain in detail.

Pre GBG, many would level a Zeus, CoA, CdM until you started to have to prime it again, anywhere in the 60's. Now, I don't think that is the case.

Johnny B. Goode

I agree with all of your points but let me explain it more, it wasn't just a Traz vs AO example. For Traz/AO, the Traz now makes FPs indirectly so the AO FP benefit is wiped away. All points made about the Traz benefits above, 100% true. But, when GBG started, that Zeus was the most popular GB in the 1.9 threads, CoA too. I started calling Zeus "Hot Pants" he was so popular. Everyone was leveling Zeus bcs it was the cheapest. Sure people leveled them before but it went crazy. Anyone with L61 Zeus wanted more right away. So, overall, GBG, in my opinion did change how many players looked at GBs, what to level and how far to level. It is bcs L81 Zeus is 10 % Attack/defense better than L61 and that means more FPs from GBG. Many would level Traz more bcs more troops meant more FPs. The game is all about FPs (diamonds too) and GBG is a FP cow and South African diamond mine. That was what I didn't explain in detail.

Pre GBG, many would level a Zeus, CoA, CdM until you started to have to prime it again, anywhere in the 60's. Now, I don't think that is the case.
But the thread topic was just about the Traz vs AO, so...

And that's not to say I agree with your point at all, because I don't. The Traz is worthless without the Zeus, CoA and CdM. You won't get any FP with a million troops but no boost. There is never a question of which of those four to build, you build (and level) all of them. The question was whether a player should build the Traz or the AO first. And that's not even close to a contest, it's Traz all the way.

FOBBY

But the thread topic was just about the Traz vs AO, so...

And that's not to say I agree with your point at all, because I don't. The Traz is worthless without the Zeus, CoA and CdM. You won't get any FP with a million troops but no boost. There is never a question of which of those four to build, you build (and level) all of them. The question was whether a player should build the Traz or the AO first. And that's not even close to a contest, it's Traz all the way.

Yes, you can definitely get FPs with a million troops and no boosts. It won’t be as enormous as with boosts, but it’ll still be a sizable number. Don’t derail your own (correct) argument by pulling things out of your ass.

Johnny B. Goode

Yes, you can definitely get FPs with a million troops and no boosts. It won’t be as enormous as with boosts, but it’ll still be a sizable number. Don’t derail your own (correct) argument by pulling things out of your ass.
Go ahead, try GBG with a million troops and no boost. Pretty soon you'll have no troops, no matter what age/era you're in. Speaking of derailing, why make a ridiculous statement like this that detracts from the actual conversation?

Meat Butcher

im working on AO level 114 right now. It’s not a bad double dip. It’s bonus also works for your units defending your town. The AO and Traz are both must haves and the more fights you do the more of a must have they both are. Whats great about the AO is it’s bonus never expires. Great for GvG and GBG. Yes the AO is big but when you get 100+ fp a day for it it’s worth the space it takes up.

AO to me is one of those GB's worth taking up as high as your FP capital allows, another is the Chateau.

To stay on topic, Traz needs to be the first as many have said.

BigBrian614

many have answered however IMO the answer to your question is: Both but Traz first.

I agree, My AO is only level 60 but even at that level, it is worth the space it takes up.